• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Raysns

Detailed Guide and FAQ for the Heroic server by Rays

49 posts in this topic

Section I (Introduction)

I would first like to say that I am by far not the best player on Oto Mustam and currently I am inactive, but I would like to get rid of all the English noobs that try out the game and start off by quickly getting level 50 and running into a PvP area and killing themselves with all of their stuff on you. I hope that with this guide I can influence players that have never played or played once and basically wasted their times on Oto Mustam to try it again and actually become successful and make an impact on the French-dominated community. I feel like I can make this guide because I have a large amount of knowledge that I have accumulated over the 2 years that I have played and I have been in a couple of the strongest alliances on the server for various amounts of time. Hopefully the guide I am creating will be helpful to you whether or not you are new to Oto Mustam. If you have any questions or you think Im missing something in this guide please dont be afraid to ask!

Section II (FAQ)

1. How does PvP work?
Answer : You must be level 50+ to attack or join another PvP fight against someone in a PvP area, but you can get attacked at any level. You cant join the same PvP fight using the same computer, and any way to evade this is against the server rules. Using more than one computer to join multiple characters in the same PvP fight is not against the rules though. You can join different fights with different characters at the same time. Tips/tricks will be explained later in the guide.

2. How do I make money/level quickly?
Answer : Methods will be explained further on in the guide.

3. How do I train magus professions?
Answer : There are 6 places that allow you to train your magus professions, 4 of them are dangerous (Bonta, Brak, Spider Forest, and Huppermage Island), and the other 2 are safe (Koalak Mountain Magus House and Snowbound Village Magus House).

Section III (General money making methods)

- Dangerous Professions

The dangerous Professions in order of least dangerous to most dangerous are Farmer, Fisherman, Alchemist, Lumberjack, and Miner. A leveling guide will be explained later on.

- Treasure Hunts

The Treasure Hunts on this server can be very dangerous but very rewarding. The best level chests to go after are level 120+, so you have to be at least level 120 to hunt level 120 chests and there are bunch of classes that are good at doing them. All you need to be able to do is life steal and be able to catch up with the chest so the erosion doesnt kill you. My personal favorite for this is using a sac, but it is very helpful and sometimes required for some classes to use an Astrub knight to defeat the chest fights. This is also an amazing way for xp.

- Selling Suicides

Although it is against the rules on the server, it is never enforced or very rarely. The only reason it is a rule is because of how easy it is to scam people for their money and how easy it is to get scammed. If you are careful of who you are buying from and selling to, you should be 100% safe. This will be explained later on.

- Magus Professions

If you are lucky enough or have to pay to get into one of the guilds that own one of the two houses you can mage anything 100% safely but otherwise in my opinion its not worth the risk. By chance that you have access to one of these maging options some of the best things to make for money is exo/over mage vitality on items like Gobbal Hammers, Kitsou hat/cape, ect.

- Suicide farming

Basically all you do is create as many characters as you have accounts subscribed and just farm in low level dangerous areas with valuable resources like Spider Forest, Brouce Boulgoures Clearing, Sidimote Moors, ect.

- Dragoturkey Breeding

One of the easiest things for people to do if you dont have time to play for hours every day because all you have to do is run around in the public paddocks in Bonta/Brak to put stats on your dragoturkeys and make sure that the pregnant dragoturkeys give birth on time.

- Pet Feeding

Just like Dragoturkey Breeding its very easy for people who dont have much time to play Dofus as most other people because all you have to do is make sure your pets get fed within their required times. Although this takes a bit longer to do than Dragoturkey Breeding it can be profitable especially if you are feeding the +pod and +%res pets because they are very valuable on Oto Mustam especially.

- Merch Hunting

Checking player merches in Astrub for items that are unusually low and buying them and selling them for higher can be very profitable.

Section IV (General Training Methods)

- FireFoux

A very popular method of leeching characters because it is very easy and cheap to do. It is almost over crowded currently and may not be the best option. This option you can ask other people to leech you here. Usually you don't have to pay for getting leeched here. NEW UPDATE MADE IT AGGRO AREA INSIDE OF FIREFOUX DUNGEON AND ALL OTHER STATIC DUNGEONS

- Black/White Rat Dungeon

I do not know that much about this dungeon but you have to get keys for these which can be hard to farm and expensive to buy. Im pretty sure you need 2 high level Cras to actually leech yourself. This option you can ask other people to leech you here. You may have to pay for this but like I said before I do not have much experience with this dungeon

- Jellith Dimension

Very easy to farm but can get pretty bad xp. You can make money off of this but it is pretty slow and in my opinion it isnt worth it. It is 100% safe if you dont do the boss room, but you can do the boss if you have a scout on the exit map. All you really need to do this dungeon is a level 100 Osa. This option you can ask other people to leech you here. You almost always have to pay to get leeched in this dungeon with the resources you drop.

- Achievement Hunting
Usually you can create a fresh character and run around using the zaapi in Bonta/Brak and get the achievements which can be a bit of xp. There are more places that are really easy to get but you can just look in the achievements and see what you want to do.

Section V (Harvesting Profession Guide)

All of these require you to go to aggressive areas so you probably want to create all of the professions or different characters so if you die you dont lose all of your professions. To start off you need to get the highest level you can in Incarnam/Astrub. After this you just farm the highest level resource you can and just bank your stuff as soon as you get fully podded so if you die you dont lose everything. In general if someone walks onto your map it is faster to x log then to try to recall especially because you cant recall while you are harvesting a resource.

Section VI (PvP tips)

- King of the hill AvA how it works

To start off the Alliance Rolls dont work so you arent able to use revival potions to get all of your stuff back. Basically everything else is the same as normal servers, 30 points to capture a zone, nobody gets any points if 2 or more alliances have control of 1 map and to get control of a map you have the most amount of points on that current map which 1 point is for 1 level of your character, the lowest level you can have to actually capture a zone is 50 (the same level that youre able to agro people at), if you have a character below level 50 in the zone the table that shows what alliance is in the zone and the amount of point they have is blank even if there is actually someone there, if you are in a fight or a challenge you dont appear on the score board and dont accumulate points for your alliance.

- Rushing

Rushing is where you stay outside of a fight and join at the last second/bar. The reason you would do this is so if a bunch of people come you can either agro them, join the fight, or recall. It also gives people a feeling like they have a chance to win so they dont call for help from their friends/alliance sometimes.

- Fake help spam

If you get aggroed and you have a chance to win by yourself or if your friends help you. You can say something like this /s /a %PO%S GOGO BRING CLASSE ECA 150 GOGOOG and that will usually scare them and they will be hesitant to call for help because all they could know is that there are 50 PvP characters ready to rush/run to help you out.

- Harder to get Aggroed

Using items/food that change your appearance to make you look smaller also make it harder for you to get clicked on. Some examples are the Rikiki Wand and cat bread make you super small. Although these can help prevent you from getting aggroed, they can be expensive you have to keep buying them.

- Sitting at the Top Right

If you stand on a map at the top right it is harder to get aggroed/seen because of how large the settings/log out button is.

- Chasing

If you are chasing someone it can be helpful to try to add them to your friends list so you can see if they logged out or switched maps.

Section VII (General Mechanics/tips for the Server)

- X Logging

Quick and safe way to get out of being aggroed. All you have to do is close your client by clicking the red X at the top right and it will instantly make it impossible to get aggroed.

- Player Names

If you are ever going in an agro area you really need to have player names on.

- Transparent

It is much better to make turn transparent mode on for characters because you can see if someone is sitting behind something in the scenery.

- Use scouts if you can!

If you dont know what scouts are, they are just low level characters on a separate account than the one that you have all of your stuff on and use to be able to scout a map out to see if there is a potential person that will agro you. This is especially helpful for keeping your scout on a dungeon exit map.

- Dont beg to people

Its really not worth it and you are just wasting your time. It is much better to go around and collect water from the wells when they spawn which is a very brainless task.

- Keep recalls on you

They are very helpful especially if you are dced on a map that probably has people ready to attack you as soon as you connect. You can put one of your recalls on your hot bar and when you log in you can spam the key set to your recalls. If someone has a 3rd party client to bot agro and your ping is kind of high, you can still get aggroed.

- Dont try to ask random people if you can join their guild thats in an alliance

A lot of the alliances try to keep track of all of their members and make sure they arent letting in spies from other alliances to kill their alliances perceptors/prisms. It is also really annoying to the leaders if they are getting constantly harassed by people wanting to join, it usually just decreases your chance of getting in the guild anyway. Joining guilds like the one Im in is hard to get because we have a lot of requirements because we are in a strong alliance that is trying to restrict access from spies and keep our prisms and perceptors safe.

- Multi-accounting is almost a must

If you dont have more than one account its very hard to play on this server, because you almost need a scout and a team. You can however build up one account and get enough money to buy sub for other accounts but that takes a while.

- Heroic Server is NOT for everyone

I may be giving you the impression that the heroic server is great for everyone but its truly not for everyone. But, I am making this guide to help people that want to try and see if it is for them or just want to do it because they are bored of the old classic mode where you are safe doing everything. Even though I say this server is not for everyone that doesnt mean that you still shouldnt try to play it, and when I say that I mean that some people just dont have the motivation and/or knowledge to be able to play on this server.

- Be patient

It will be very slow starting up your experience on the Heroic server but you should be patient and not get to anxious and go out into PvP areas and get yourself killed with all your stuff like I see a lot of people do.

Section VIII (extra notes)

- Dont be afraid to ask people for help but dont try to be annoying about it.

- Try to make friends but again dont try to be annoying about it, and betraying your friends only hurts your reputation and is not worth the trouble.

- If someone asks for help try to help them if its something simple like some quick advice, but I would advise you not to spend too much time with random people because you may end up wasting all of your time helping someone that will just go out and kill themselves and quit the game.

- I HIGHLY advise that if you're controlling more than one account, you use a program like ahk (Autohotkey) to increase your ability to rush multiple characters at once through dangerous areas.

Edited by Raysns
5 people like this

Great thread! It's great to inform players about the basics

1 person likes this

- Heroic Server is NOT for everyone

I may be giving you the impression that the heroic server is great for everyone but its truly not for everyone. But, I am making this guide to help people that want to try and see if it is for them or just want to do it because they are bored of the old classic mode where you are safe doing everything. Even though I say this server is not for everyone that doesnt mean that you still shouldnt try to play it, and when I say that I mean that some people just dont have the motivation and/or knowledge to be able to play on this server.

Really true and also a great guide, thank you for your time Ray

1 person likes this

Really true and also a great guide, thank you for your time Ray

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! :)

1 person likes this

-

Edited by -----

Cue "don't you know who I am" from Mag

Don't need to say that, I rep the English so hard on this server everyone knows my name :wub:

-

Edited by -----

May be slightly off the guide but still pertaining to oto mustam. Do you guys know current names of English guilds and ones that are fairly stable, helpful, and friendly as long no begging like the guide mentions? :)

May be slightly off the guide but still pertaining to oto mustam. Do you guys know current names of English guilds and ones that are fairly stable, helpful, and friendly as long no begging like the guide mentions? :)

Rise is new and I think there are a bunch of people in there

Hey Bochi, feel free to pm me for an invite to Rise, names in sig.

1 person likes this

Guys come on. I know we don't visit this sub forum much, but keep it civil. Don't go throwing petty insults around.

1 person likes this

Cleaned the thread. KEEP IT ON TOPIC AND CIVIL.

Any more and I'll be dishing out mutes like candy at Halloween.

3 people like this

@Raysinafy - Yeah, I saw Jumpermina recently introducing the guild on imps, but thanks again for the reminder.

@Anodyne - I will keep that open invitation in mind, I appreciate that.

Is Rise the only English guild currently? Any beginner friendly English guilds around with decent activeness?

Don't know if its pure english but

'Straight Outta Compton' Alliance has aguild in called Slightly Over Mediocre

Bump need views

I'm wondering where I can find the Koalak Mountain Magus House and is it possible to list any territories outside of astrub but not in a dungeon like Firefoux, black rat, jellith, etc. that has a decent safety rate while providing decent training and not so bad resources. I understand that the dungeons mentioned is the best options but I don't want to do the exact thing over and over all the time if I ever get that far so I would like to see other unique approaches from the low levels to the high levels. I'm really dying to know, so really, thank you if you reply.

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

I'm wondering where I can find the Koalak Mountain Magus House and is it possible to list any territories outside of astrub but not in a dungeon like Firefoux, black rat, jellith, etc. that has a decent safety rate while providing decent training and not so bad resources. I understand that the dungeons mentioned is the best options but I don't want to do the exact thing over and over all the time if I ever get that far so I would like to see other unique approaches from the low levels to the high levels. I'm really dying to know, so really, thank you if you reply.

Mage house is (-21,-5), but remember you have the be in the guild that owns it which has been for a while the guild Nasitra du Lac. Now on the other places to train, there are a couple of places like Nolifs island which is kinda popular so it isn't that safe and fungi caverns is really good. The only problems is that you have to have either a really good team to clear the pandora and other strong mobs on nolifs, but the yokai and maho ghost mobs are possible to do with any character that is able to run 5/6 cells a turn and do some damage. Meaning you can get a bunch of xp with a bunch of low levels getting them up to maybe even 100 in 1 fight if they started at 30-50. Unfortunately I do not know much about fungi caverns but I'm pretty sure there are french videos about how to do it on YouTube.

The problem is that all the best places to train are usually very dangerous so you defiantly have to have a scout which is not good for a lot of people. But if you can find good mobs and everything imo Nolifs island is one of the best places to train on Oto and on normal servers. Soon I'll update the guide with a more in depth guide on how to do it

Edited by raysinafy

I used to level up in Minotoror maze (which is a safe area) back in the days. A level 114+ Cha/Agi eni can do a lot of the work in the dungeon, so make sure you bring one with you;) Dragon pig maze is another area that is safe.

Some other area's that haven't been mentioned yet which is rather safe and may give good exp (usually a lot stars): Primitive Cemetary, Koalak mountains, Enchanted lakes, Lord Crows (the exp isn't too good, but if you dodge away from the boss, you can stay there and farm without getting agroed), Dreggon peninsula if you're lower than 100/110, All dimentions (VNR usually camps enurado) have awesome exp and is quite safe!, Stonetusk desert may also be a good option (not sure about this one). Cawwot island is also quite safe and have really good loot along with OK exp.

1 person likes this

I found leveling at sidimote bwork area from 40-80 to be quite good, every hour I made 300-400kk since most of the mats (Goblin skin/bwork archer arrowhead) they drop sell nicely. I found Sidimote moors and Cania fields really nice with an agility Iop or a different class with good AoE for quick fights, most of the mobs have 10 stars so the xp is quite decent and the drops here are okay, you can make toady set from cania and kolerat whiskers sell for about 60kk/10. Otomai beach is quite good also, the boat to oto is camped so getting there is a challenge, but the drops sell really quickly (kurasso coral being the best). These places are good for 40-120, depending on how many people you have in your team.

Great information guys, I truly appreciate it. I also want to know which dungeons are the most realistically doable and worth doing around the character's level 50-100 spectrum as well. What I mean is I need to have the 100% ability to complete it all the way without leeching through the entire run. I will say 4 characters minimum also. I also am seeking advice on how to scout better with a mule in big open areas and not just the dungeon entrance. In depth answers will allow me to seek and understand the truth much better, so then again, many thanks.

Edited by Bochi

Great information guys, I truly appreciate it. I also want to know which dungeons are the most realistically doable and worth doing around the character's level 50-100 spectrum as well. What I mean is I need to have the 100% ability to complete it all the way without leeching through the entire run. I will say 4 characters minimum also. I also am seeking advice on how to scout better with a mule in big open areas and not just the dungeon entrance. In depth answers will allow me to seek and understand the truth much better, so then again, many thanks.

Almost all dungeons are worth doing just because of the xp you get from achievements, but here's a list of the doable dungeons (and yes it does matter what your team comp is)

Black Smith

Blop

Bulb Cavern

Bwork

Crackler

Field

Gobbal

Grotto Hesque

Haunted House

Kannibal Village

Kardorim's Crypt

Kickroach's Lair

Kwismas Dungeon

Larva

Otomai's Ark

Sand

Scaraleaf

Skeleton

The Jellith Dimension

The Kwakwa's Nest

Tofu House

Wa Wabbit's Castle

Almost all dungeons are worth doing just because of the xp you get from achievements, but here's a list of the doable dungeons (and yes it does matter what your team comp is)

Black Smith

Blop

Bulb Cavern

Bwork

Crackler

Field

Gobbal

Grotto Hesque

Haunted House

Kannibal Village

Kardorim's Crypt

Kickroach's Lair

Kwismas Dungeon

Larva

Otomai's Ark

Sand

Scaraleaf

Skeleton

The Jellith Dimension

The Kwakwa's Nest

Tofu House

Wa Wabbit's Castle

When you have the time, could you do from chronological order from easiest to hardest for all the ones you listed? I still have more questions xD. You don't lose your mounts if you store them in public or private paddocks even when your character on that account dies right? If my only choice to equip a mount is a public paddock, which place is the safest? How much does a regular 100 ebony dt, 100 orchid dt, and 100 ebony/golden dt also go for about? Also, still waiting on my other question about the scout in open area part :D What's the best way to do blop dungeon multiple times without having to farm on the outside or buy mats/keys? Can you get attacked in amakna church? You can still marry someone and teleport to them right?

If I'm annoying you, just let me know. I always tend to have a lot of questions in mind that I need answered usually :).

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

If I'm annoying you, just let me know. I always tend to have a lot of questions in mind that I need answered usually :).

I still have more questions xD.

This whole post is for FAQ so do not be afraid to ask any amount of questions and I wouldn't have made this post if i didn't want people to ask questions, just as long as they relate to dofus and oto mustam xD

When you have the time, could you do from chronological order from easiest to hardest for all the ones you listed?

I will exclude Kwismas Dungeon because it's seasonal, but there is a BIG factor into what your team comp is so just make sure you know what you're doing when you do these dungeons. And if you want me to tell you what to worry about in each dungeon I will be more than happy to do so :D

Kardorim's Crypt

Field

Sand

Gobbal

Tofu House

- a big leap in difficulty -

Kickroach's Lair

Skeleton

Scaraleaf

Haunted House

Kannibal Village

Bulb Cavern

Bwork

Larva

The Jellith Dimension (only 1 Royal)

Black Smith

Blop

Grotto Hesque

The Jellith Dimension (all 4 Royals)

Wa Wabbit's Castle (I've never done this one but I'm pretty sure this is where it fits)

The Kwakwa's Nest

Crackler

Otomai's Ark

You don't lose your mounts if you store them in public or private paddocks even when your character on that account dies right?

You don't lose them if they are in a public paddock or in your "shed" (the top left box when you use a paddock) you only lose them if you have them in the noted form of them or you have it equipped to your character.

If my only choice to equip a mount is a public paddock, which place is the safest?

I would say in Brak at the bottom right paddock and do not use the pet market zaapi, use the Jewelers' Workshop.

How much does a regular 100 ebony dt, 100 orchid dt, and 100 ebony/golden dt also go for about?

Usually those breeds aren't popular, but someone may be in desperate need of them so I would say:

Ebony - 1.5m

Orchid - 2m

Ebony/Golden - 1m

But remember prices on Oto fluctuate A LOT so don't think that these will sell at all or maybe they will sell the in the first 10 minutes of you putting them in a merch.

Also, still waiting on my other question about the scout in open area part :D

Usually what I do if I'm doing a mob in an open area, right before I am about to finish I check all the adjacent maps, but it's very rare for you to catch someone like that, but just hope that you can get lucky. It is a very good idea to stay away from training during peak French hours.

What's the best way to do blop dungeon multiple times without having to farm on the outside or buy mats/keys?

Honestly I'm not too sure about this, but I've heard that its possible to do it with just a good Iop and in one of the rooms with the Greedoblops by just jumping the wall every time it's able to eat you. But you probably need to do an 8 mob of this to get enough mats for this and make sure to do every challenge.

Can you get attacked in amakna church?

No

You can still marry someone and teleport to them right?

No and I've tried the but unfortunately you can't :( but you can still get married.

Edited by Raysns
1 person likes this

What's the best way to level miner? Is it better to have this character be in an alliance or have it in an alliance? What's the best way to keep it alive with such open spaces? Do people attack people in mines nowadays? Could you give me the percent chance of likelihood of it happening? How to do it in peak hours like everyone else other than doing it in a time where its difficult for me to be on? Should I just stay in one mine and mine it until full pods, store back in bank, and then resume back to camping in that mine without going to other mines until i can unlock that new ore which may be in another mine?

Edited by Bochi

Just wanna say thanks for all the great questions and hopefully they are helping you and other people :D

What's the best way to level miner?

So I have gotten level 200 on one character to mine obsidian in frig, but unfortunately it died and got reset to 1 :( but I learned a lot about the best mines and quickest ways to level so I think i am qualified to answer these questions. Honestly the best and quickest way that I leveled is going through 2-3 mines getting fully podded and recall and craft all the alloys that I could and repeat. This method got me from 1-200 in about a week or two, which is relatively quick especially on x3.

Is it better to have this character be in an alliance or have it in an alliance?

I think you meant if you should have this character in an alliance or not, but I truly think it doesn't matter unless of course the alliance you join has prisms that are near mines. If someone is going to aggro you they will do it whether or not you are or are not in an alliance. Personally if I have the ability to aggro someone I wont unless of course I am in a pvp plan.

What's the best way to keep it alive with such open spaces?

If you're referring to inside the mine, you just x log as soon as you see someone and go do something else for like 30 mins and then come back.

Do people attack people in mines nowadays?

Yes people still do if they are able to.

Could you give me the percent chance of likelihood of it happening?

It really depends on which mines you go to and what time of the day, usually whenever I came across anyone they weren't able to aggro because they weren't level 50. I wont lie though maybe once every 2-3 trips I would find someone using the route i was going but, the chance of getting aggroed by these people is very low especially if you x log, so i would say below 1%. But again it depends on which mines you go to, because there are certain mines that are very popular and its almost a 100% guarantee that you will find someone that wants to aggro you.

How to do it in peak hours like everyone else other than doing it in a time where its difficult for me to be on?

there are a couple of ways, one is you just go through a bunch of different mines hoping that nobody is there and just mine anything you can. another way is to have a level 100 osa or maybe level 50 eca geared sitting outside the entrance to a mine and just guard it the whole time until you get off.

Should I just stay in one mine and mine it until full pods, store back in bank, and then resume back to camping in that mine without going to other mines until i can unlock that new ore which may be in another mine?

I like to just find a couple of mines and run around clearing them and of course banking/crafting what I can and then keep repeating, but i will say if you want to go to the highly active mines that have good ores you will need a scout and you should not stay there for long.

Edited by Raysns