• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlas

Dofus Touch Sub Forum

Hey guys, so with Dofus Touch just around the corner (Spring 2016 is the supposed release date according to a Mod on the official forums) I was thinking now might be a good time to have a sub forum, just like Wakfu has.

The reason I think this would be a good idea is so people don't get confused when posting topics about the Dofus Touch version, which we all know it going to be heavily outdated for the regular Dofus players.

Whilst its still a few months away, we all know that MMO players, and especially us IV users like to chatting about the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to talk about what i"m going to be getting up too and looking forward to the most. Also I think it would enable IV users to find out who is going to be playing, so we can play together when the game releases.

I guess its too early to make sub sub (?) forums, like servers, etc. But just one place where we can all hang out for now would be great. And can be expanded when the game launches.

Finally there isn't a lot of info on Dofus Touch for the English communities at the moment, so if people google it, it will hopefully bring them here.

Anyway I hope you take this idea onboard as I think it would be very helpful to the players, and could benefit IV as a whole. There will be a lot of new players coming to Dofus Touch, so bringing them all along to IV wouldn't be a bad thing.

Bing

2 people like this

We are discussing this in our top secret lair and we will get back to you. (:

(My opinion, if it matters, is that it is still a little early to make a new subforum, but I am sure it will be there closer to release.)

Awesome, I did think you might already be talking about it. Just wanted to make sure :)

We'll likely file it under "other" unless it gains enough traction to merit it's own full sub forum. My guess, and this is my experience seeing other title games getting ported to mobile, is the novelty will wear off in about a month because user experience will be really poor and they'll scrap the project within the first year. But we'll see.

We'll likely file it under "other" unless it gains enough traction to merit it's own full sub forum. My guess, and this is my experience seeing other title games getting ported to mobile, is the novelty will wear off in about a month because user experience will be really poor and they'll scrap the project within the first year. But we'll see.

That seems fair enough. I do respectfully hope you're wrong though about the game loosing traction and then scrapping the idea. I can see how the novelty will wear off for many players (especially those that still play the PC version), but I think there will be players that will play the game a lot and for a long time, myself included. It's an opportunity to experience 'the good old days' for many. I also think it will attract many new players.

I know there are a lot of popular tablet games out there, and whilst I don't play any or know much about them, I think Dofus will be one of a kind of a MMO of this scale on tablet. The game is just an older version with everything else the same (except some of the interfaces). I think, and hope it's going to do well. I know I'll be playing it for a long time.

Even if the game doesn't do as well as they hope, there is a lot of content to keep people busy for a few years, even if they release content slowly.

Time will tell, but I am very excited and hopefully about the game

1 person likes this

Hi guys,

I hate to necropost, but it seems logical in this situation.

With over 500,000 downloads on the Google Play store, I feel like a Dofus Touch subforum would be warranted.

What was the outcome of your discussions?

Cheers,

Adam

We're still trying to see if there's a real demand for a Touch server section. There are only a couple of threads in "Other" about it and I've only seen a thread or two elsewhere about Touch things. There may be a lot of downloads, but that hasn't translated to a membership boom.

But this isn't an official "no," we've been thinking about what to do for awhile and if it's determined that we need a new section or something else we'll do that.

Edited by Kiba

Thanks for the response, Kiba!

Just to clarify, my reply was more of a response to Dacheat's "they'll scrap the project within the first year" comment - I appreciate that a lot of downloads doesn't necessarily warrant a sub-forum.  I tried Dofus Touch just on the off chance that it'd reinvigorate my love for Dofus, and now I'm pretty dedicated to it.  They did a great job, particularly with the UI on the mobile port.

Perhaps people would be more inclined to post about Dofus Touch if there was a sub-forum?  I personally didn't consider posting in "Other" as I associate that with the less popular servers on the PC port.

Just my two cents. :)

Edited by Vahe