• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Doctor T

Official "What team should I use" Thread

1962 posts in this topic

Edited by Syn

I was thinking full int, 2 vuln pandas, 2 cha enu's to greed (with 300 extra int ghostly/kiss should do decent damage vs vulned enemies) 2 enis could damage and sacs/cras are awesome as int. This set up would always allow for things to be swaped to multi-ele in the event the make something like a super-kwak dungeon.

That could work to like I said reason I personally chose str is wrath... and all that does is speed things up... int could work just as well...

I was thinking full int, 2 vuln pandas, 2 cha enu's to greed (with 300 extra int ghostly/kiss should do decent damage vs vulned enemies) 2 enis could damage and sacs/cras are awesome as int. This set up would always allow for things to be swaped to multi-ele in the event the make something like a super-kwak dungeon.

I'm just gonna say that by experience, focusing your whole team on only one element can really suck. Sure you will annihilate certain enemies (Bherb still has nightmares of my old team to this day), but you'll pretty much be stuck fighting those things. Always. Vulns make fighting resistant mobs doable... but it's still really slow compared to if you could actually do damage in those other elements.

Not that focusing primarily on one element is bad. It can actually be really awesome (in fact most epic teams do this). Just make sure you can at least do some damage in the other elements when you need to, and you'll be perfectly fine. As elements to pick go... Int is quite possibly the best, IMO. Lots of fun tactical stuff is boosted by int. And you have such builds as Int Iop, Int Cra and Int Eca to mow people down with. I highly recommend adding a Feca to the mix if you want to go this route, for disgustingly sick armors all around. :P You probably won't even need an Eni, TBH, especially if you have an Int Sac, Feca, and a couple boogey-ers to protect the team. :P

Edited by Doctor T

Alright, just for lols to see what you guys think. Because im starting to question if I should make this strength xelor. I mean yeah its a strong move and at super high levels I can use crimson claw x2 or something... but it doesn't really do much for my party aside from rape AP (which is short range if I want to rape a lot) which means he's always right in the middle of the fight.. kind of a low-mid range unit. It's not so bad, but frigost has me wanting an agi sac (Royal Pingwin mats ;-; I WANT ROYAL PINGWIN MATS!!!) but then my team seems to lack strength damage. So tell me if there's anything 'better' for my team or if the xelor is fine

What I Have:

Acct1: Wis/Cha/Int Cra - 169

Acct2: Str/Int Sadida - 14X

Acct3: Wis/Cha Enu - 13X

Acct4: Agi/Int Iop - 12X (Yay just got ceremonial set, just need some levels now! ^^)

Acct5: Wis Xelor - 7X <-- The very account in question

Acct6: Int Eni - XX

What I Want:

Number of New Accts: "1"

Goal: Just a good dungeon running team. Locking power seems nice, I don't see my iop locking royal pingwin (but then again, its not all about that dungeon so.. it doesn't mattah much.

Leaning Toward: 1 of these classes: Pandawa (Non-Int), Sacrier, Feca, Osamodas

Extra Comments: If I keep xelor it can't be switched to chance, just because.

Pandas I'm kind of skeptical about... I don't really want one at this exact moment, there's always later...

Sacrier, seems nice at the same time a few times they can seem almost useless because of challenges or certain monsters like Soft Oak.

Osa good buffs, and all that... but if it's int or chance... I've got both of those covered plenty so it seems bad diversity wise. I'm liking their spells for int but I have so much int already... I guess eventually when iop gets higher I could just go pure agility.

Feca, I don't know... they dont seem particularly helpful for my group, but I felt like being nice. XD Any builds can be said other than Int Panda and Chance Xelor.

Anywho, so what would I benefit from. Or is there nothing that I'd truly benefit from and should just drop back down to 5 accounts.

Edited by VcentG

I'm a nub so take what I say with a grain of salt. But your team seems to be lacking solid CC and map manipulation. So I would go with a str panda or str sac? Just because of the solid str element (and pandatak has AoE :P) and decent MM from either of those chars, personally I would go with a panda just because I've always liked them. Just a question though, is this acc going to take the place of the xelor or the eni?

Just a question though, is this acc going to take the place of the xelor or the eni?

Xelor. And I was thinking similarly the same thing but... I dunno about strength sac XD. I don't see the appeal as much... No HP Steals, no AOE, no range, no locking (well not as good off the bat). So what is the perk? A little better CC? >.> low agi steals?

Edited by VcentG

Xelor. And I was thinking similarly the same thing but... I dunno about strength sac XD. I don't see the appeal as much... No HP Steals, no AOE, no range, no locking (well not as good off the bat). So what is the perk? A little better CC? >.> low agi steals?

Right... Go with agi sac if not panda :P.

In my mind, the main thing with the sac is... If you are willing to scroll everything, you can change the build by putting on a different set of equipment. And with punishments you can get your stats boosted whether the current gear supports that element or not. So if you need "x" type of damage, you can fill it with the sac.

Just completed pingwin the first time yesterday. Having the nice hp pool of the sac for the locker was pretty nice. I'm assuming any agi character could fill the roll, but healing would be more pressing.

On a side note: If you for a moment forget about the rules of healing in there and heal an enu that is standing by their chest, it will generate a lot of conversation.

Edited by Kraynic

Just completed pingwin the first time yesterday. Having the nice hp pool of the sac for the locker was pretty nice. I'm assuming any agi character could fill the roll, but healing would be more pressing.

Same, well I think it was 2 days ago. Had 18X or 19X agi/str sram locking it with using mistake 3x a turn for ~75 agi steals per turn. That means a character (im guessing) with 400-500 agi can't lock it... because that alone steals 75 per turn, which is 150 because negative 75 on pingwin and +75 on sram. And it lasts 3 turns, and it took 2 turns at least to get it locked. So in the end, its about 800+ (if not 1000+!) agility to lock it it seems. I don't know many characters that could reach that, aside from maybe 19X-200 agi characters, aside from a sacrier of course (and sram using mistake x 3 >_>). And even then if its not a sac, he randomly did uber damage and luckily we had osa to revive sram (and eni... and panda... and my enu... XD) but yeah... he'd randomly do like 1300 and then repeat the attack somehow, have no idea how since it didn't look like he crit, but he did it twice.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that Strength Xelor would NOT be a bad choice for you.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that Strength Xelor would NOT be a bad choice for you.

So, 2 votes sac and 1 vote keep xelor? Map manipulating Tank vs AP Raping single-target power hitter hmmm.

While I'm waiting on some more opinions I'll express my ideas.

Sacrier - Agility. Zoth girl hammer. Locking + Swap, hammer x2, swap back sounds really nice right? hitting 4 enemies that way.

Xelor - Strength. Don't know equip-wise yet, but I kind of like the xelor cloak, especially for time theft boosted range. Rapes good AP but then my team still completely lacks map manipulation (aside from dispersing arrow?) and a tank. Although I suppose a xelor can tank with blinding + counter and mummification if the monsters attack in neutral/earth.

Edited by VcentG

If you want a focused AP-raper with points in Wis, don't go Strength. Strength Xelors are all about raw damage.

Sacs are good in longer fights, but you really need someone that's going to hit hard in the beginning of fights, in short fights, and in fights where you won't be taking much damage. Sac is not a bad choice; however, I think that you would benefit more from a more stable damage dealer at this point.

Agi Sacs are really good, and Zoth hammer is nice, but you already have an air-AoE-er. You're going to be better off going with a Strength damage dealer, to cover all your bases... especially since you don't have a Panda.

As for Str Xelor gear... just do what every other str char does at your level: work toward Mooset.

Like a couple people said though, I think your best bet would be Str Panda. Those take a lot of work to get started, though.

Edited by Doctor T

If you want to make this really easy just realize that there is nothing in dofus that has to be ap raped to be defeated. While almost every dungeon needs a lot of map manipulation and vitality to survive.

Go with a str panda Vcents. I know I am a noob so can't compare myself with a member of your team, but seriousl str pandas are great :lol: Pandatak is just so great (only three level away omg!) ann with neutral weapons you will be hitting better then anyone else (soft caps ( yes i know that's a stupid thing so say cause there are more factors then that)).

So yeah, str panda is the way to go. lol.

Sorry double post :x

Edited by Drunkard

Edit - Wrong thread >.<

Edited by cH@os

Since I got completely ignored on the first page, i'll repost in the hope that one of you will answer :) :

What I Have

Acct1: Str sadi (19x)

Acct2: Agi cra (19x)

Acct3: Cha Enu (17x)

Acct4: Int osa (18x)

Acct5: Int Eni (17x)

What I Want

Number of New Accts: 3

Goal: A frigost dungeon farmer group

Leaning Toward: Panda is a definite but unsure of build, and open to suggestions for the other 2

Extra Comments: Can be as exotic or casual as you like, will never chop and change the current team I already have, but if you like you can suggest alternate builds for the classes I own, to make my team more functional with my extra 3.

Since I got completely ignored on the first page, i'll repost in the hope that one of you will answer :) :

What I Have

What I Want

Leaning Toward: Panda is a definite but unsure of build, and open to suggestions for the other 2

Extra Comments: Can be as exotic or casual as you like, will never chop and change the current team I already have, but if you like you can suggest alternate builds for the classes I own, to make my team more functional with my extra 3.

I've got the same team + str panda and agi sac (+feca) but my cra is int.

the panda's and sacri's map manipulations are really useful in frigost dungeons... though i haven't tried episode 2 dungeons yet.

it's useful to have multiple chars that can hit (hard) with same elements, so you get out the most of panda vulns

Edited by Syn

What I Have

What I Want

+ Sac (fully scrolled, agi, int, str punishment lvled, 3 diff weapon for agi,int, str)

+ 2 pandas (could go Int if full support or Str for offensive support)

~ Change Cra build to Int/Str

This way, u can setup your team to have 3 earth hitters, 4 int hitters with 2 pandas vulning in boss room. You will need lots of MP rape and Sadi with UP and Cra will be more than enough. Just bring a cra class belt for tight situation.

Why 2 Pandas ? ~ You want bosses dead within 2 turns, FAST. Frig bosses do more insane dmg the lower their HP. So the common tactic, is vuln from 2 pandas, hit , bribe, vuln again, hit many times, bai bai boss.

Superb Map Manipulation with cra, panda x 2, sac.

I would say your best bet is probably Eni/Panda/Sac or Eni/Panda/Panda or alternatively you could go Eni/Panda/Panda/Sac and sub out the sadi/osa depending on what you're doing.

Why does he need two Enis if he has an Int Osa? :)

Since I got completely ignored on the first page, i'll repost in the hope that one of you will answer :D :

What I Have

What I Want

Either Panda;Panda;Cra or Panda;Sac;Cra.

A second cra is quite useful for keeping monsters at bay and Sac and panda will allow for even better map manipulation.

Since I got completely ignored on the first page, i'll repost in the hope that one of you will answer :D :

What I Have

What I Want

I'll go with my gut, I'd definitely go for Panda (Str - still the best bang for your buck) / Sac (1-2 elements of your choice) / Iop (Str!). Sorted :) That team will cruise through almost anything and is diverse enough to be relatively 'future proof' from the upcoming class changes.

What I Have

Acct1: Wis/Cha Xelor (19x)

Acct2: Str Eca (19x)

Acct3: Cha Enu (14x)

Acct4: Str/Wis Sadi (15x)

Acct5: Int/Wis Eni (14x)

Acct6: Cha/Vuln/Wis Panda (8x)

- All fully scrolled, working on diamonds

What I Want: Still missing decent mp rape and field manipulation

Number of New Accts: Change 1 or 2

Leaning Toward: Cra and/or Sac, but not sure what I'd sub out. Sadi is the front runner for being subbed.

Extra Comments: With the new classes coming out, not sure if I should wait or jump ahead and sub out

Would appreciate any comments/advice.

What I Have

Acct1: Wis/Cha Xelor (19x)

Acct2: Str Eca (19x)

Acct3: Cha Enu (14x)

Acct4: Str/Wis Sadi (15x)

Acct5: Int/Wis Eni (14x)

Acct6: Cha/Vuln/Wis Panda (8x)

- All fully scrolled, working on diamonds

What I Want: Still missing decent mp rape and field manipulation

Number of New Accts: Change 1 or 2

Leaning Toward: Cra and/or Sac, but not sure what I'd sub out. Sadi is the front runner for being subbed.

Extra Comments: With the new classes coming out, not sure if I should wait or jump ahead and sub out

Would appreciate any comments/advice.

Seems to me that panda is the one pulling the least amount of weight, but then again I suppose it does have vulns. I can't really suggest a good way to change your team without dampening it at the same time. Maybe get rid of sadi first. I'd say get Int cra and agi sac. Whoever you sub out is your thing XD.