• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sommanker

Iop respec help

Just saw my iop got a change and a respec, but have no idea how to respec now. Can't even remember what I had before.

Im agi/int. Help.

I'd suggest looking on the official forums, in the guide, or opp sections, you should find some pretty useful info.

The most common builds for for Fire/Air Iop are going to include:

Super Iop Punch and Celestial Sword OR Super Iop Punch and Sword of Judgement in fire

and

Flurry + Wallop + Uppercut in air OR Jabs + Uppercut + Gutting Gust OR some kind of distribution of spell experience where experience is distributed between spells like Jabs and Gutting Gust, but neither are maxed since they lose very little base damage per spell level since they have low base damage overall. Personally I'd recommend taking the regular "max out 3/2 spells" path for now, and save the fancy exp distribution for later when you've got more total spell exp to work with and feel super comfortable with your spells.

Also, another option in fire is Super Iop Punch + Thunderbolt, but if you take Thunderbolt you're going to be using the Flaming mechanic. It's an insanely powerful mechanic, but you're not really going to see its potential until you play with teammates that are going to help you proc it at its best. Making the most of Flaming is gonna involve being familiar with mob AI, and having teammates that can position cheaply and flexibly. Something to consider though, as it's super powerful!

I'm a fan of Flurry+Wallop over Jabs as well, since standalone they have similar damage per AP to Jabs, and if you can get an enemy on a wall, or ally, or literally anything to do the wallop combo it hits like an absolute truck.

Okay :)

What about the other spells that you max with points? Can't remember what they are called lol. I want compulsion, virtility and jump but I dunno what after that anymore. Authority? Show off? Locking pro? Defensive stance? ??????

And the characteristics? AP & MP in major, i assume. All damage and water/earth resistances? Crits --> Block? Initative? Dodge? Lock?

Im clueless.

Edited by Sommanker

The difficult part about newly revamped classes is that all of their specialities (especially passives) are awesome as hell, and you totally want all of them. Depends on your playstyle more or less, but some are not worth maxing compared to maxing something else. Increase for example is fine at level 6 for me personally. Resist wise you'll want to just go through all of the gen dmg/ele res ones to even your res out. Just spread points evenly between the dmg/res ones, they all give the same amount of general damage and the same amount of a different ele res, even them. Not sure what point in the game you're in but items have 2 or 3 at most elemental resistances from xelorium upwards, as opposed to just general resistance to all elements all previous items carry. Gets a bit trickier to even your res out with this gear but not really necessary unless you're a hardcore pvp monkey (as if those even exist in this game..). Just read what spells do and decide what you'll make use of the most and go from there. Personally I think Jump, Focus, Virility, Authority, Show off and Compulsion are the most useful ones to have maxed out early. That being said Increase, Standard and Locking pro are rather nice too, but don't need to be maxed ASAP to make use of them. Definitely max crits and block in stats though, dump rest into crit dmg when you cap them out.

Don't really want to go into further details since I've barely played my Iop for quite some time. Maybe someone who's got one that hasn't been 150 for the last 3 months is better to pitch in here. I'm proabably the only person in this game who has a Iop and Rogue on the same account and opts to use the latter. Granted the grind to 175 doesn't make me particularly excited about using Iop more, too. :P

Also, you've picked a really strange time to ask for build advice with this spell deck nonsense around the corner. :wacko: Really hoping it's not as limiting as it sounds.

Hope that helped a little.

Edited by Cajun
1 person likes this

I know it's an odd time, I just saw the thing in that other thread where someone couldn't reset and they mentioned a two week timer so I thought i'd better do it. I'm not actually active in game atm. I'm about lv 87 or something I think.

That answers almost all my questions :) Just one more left I think - what do I put my whatever it is into? Initiative, dodge, lock, etc. ?

Thanks for all the help so far ^^

Depends what you'd mostly be doing or desired team init order if any. Initiative does nothing else but make you go before other people, which is good for PvP for example, or if you want to go in a specific order within your team. Lock is solid to help with some Flaming procs if you go that route. Dodge is nice for ... dodging I guess. I personally dumped in the lock/dodge one. Don't think there is a wrong choice here, to be honest.

1 person likes this

I know it's an odd time, I just saw the thing in that other thread where someone couldn't reset and they mentioned a two week timer so I thought i'd better do it. I'm not actually active in game atm. I'm about lv 87 or something I think.

That answers almost all my questions :) Just one more left I think - what do I put my whatever it is into? Initiative, dodge, lock, etc. ?

Thanks for all the help so far ^^

You'll probably want to go for either lock or dodge. If you plan on building your iop as any kind of tank/locktank, then dump lock - however since you're Air/Fire I'm guessing that's not really your goal, so you're probably going to want to dump all your Agility points into dodge, to either help get backstab/sidestab when you want it easily, or to escape after dishing your damage out. If 1v1 pvp is a thing that interests you then you might consider initiative, or if you have a very specific team order you want.

Edit: Ninja'd by Cajun!

Edited by Orionolle
1 person likes this

Okay <3

I'll probably go dodge, I can always respec again if I need to.

Ty <3

Edited by Sommanker

Bump, What about iops wrath? I used that ALOT before