• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afrojack

Goultaminator 2015 Practise

67 posts in this topic

Hello to yall bad ass pvpers and big dreamers!!!

Hello to all of those who have decided to compete for the honour to represent Rushu on Goultminator this year!!!

It is time for you to show what you can do!!!

Goultaminator practise - an organised event by me for random 4vs4 battles on a special located map. Combat rules and team settings will be the same as it was on Goultaminator 2014 (just because I am not sure what exactly is going to be different this year).

The purpose of this event is to get to know everyone who actually wants to go to Goultmainator and to have fun. Since some of the old school players quit Dofus and some new classes are out we all need to know who's worthy to take their place and what class combos are the most efficient.

SECOND PRACTICE day is 06/06/2015 Saturday. Start at DUT 14:00 - Goultaminator instance A, arena IX. For more information look up Goultaminator 2015 to do list.

First practise tomorrow 19/05/2015. DUT 14:00. this first practise will take place on a certain map from Goultmainator 2014 so go to [-6,-12] then enter the portal and head one map to the right and then choose Instance A, Arena I.

Cheers!

Edited by Afrojack
8 people like this

I love this idea, thank you Afrojack! (Though I'm too noob to participate)

1 person likes this

Id appreciate any help with informing all the Rushu community about this

2 people like this

I will be there, but only with panda (I wont sub more chars anymore) and I dont think Lubo/Vikin will have enough time so early at weekdays, so I'll need someone who wants to make team with me.

1 person likes this

Will sub only to spec. Thanks for the entertainment x)

3 people like this

Anybody live streaming/recording this please?! I may not be able to spec so I'd love if someone could stream it!

Anybody live streaming/recording this please?! I may not be able to spec so I'd love if someone could stream it!

yes /w Dyprax

3 people like this

I'll be there

2 people like this

good to know that people are interested :)...

Few things to remember:

* Respect everyone who has turned up.

* Almost all of us still have to work on our gear to be ready for Goult. Don't be discouraged just because you don't look as op and shiny as you plan to be in time. These practises are there for you to show your capability of being nice and playing in team, plus your knowledge about classes and combat skills.

* We all are real humans and we are here to have a good time so even if there is some sort of rivalry between the same class players please keep your negativities to yourself and talk as less shit as possible.

* During the practise think about the things that could be improved. Like practise times, information flow, certain maps you think would be better for practises to be held at or even the way we set up random teams because depending on the amount of people turning up there may be too much work load for me to do alone.

8 people like this

I'll be there too.. *cough*

2 people like this

i can join on eni for whichever team wants a nub eni <3 xDDD

3 people like this

ill be there if any team needs an osa

3 people like this

Great idea!

My schedule may be ruined for the next few weeks xD

Best of luck to all the teams. As long as the butthurt trolls don't ruin this event, I think you're on to something... This year will have some stacked teams. We can all use some practice against Elios and Xelors.

Edit to add that I'll be recording, not live streaming atm, but I always record my good matches.

Edited by Tecmo Bo

I'll try to make it in time, but I'm sure I'll miss like 10-20 minutes due to the already planned stuff.

A good way to choose random-ish teams would be Afrojack picking two players (both would be Goultarminator VI pillar classes), who would then each take turns and call a player in their team.

Random-ish teams like that could help us think of new and original combos between two, three or even four classes as it's not completely random, but at least random enough to make it practise worthy.

Xelor, Timeless.

1 person likes this

I'll try to make it in time, but I'm sure I'll miss like 10-20 minutes due to the already planned stuff.

A good way to choose random-ish teams would be Afrojack picking two players (both would be Goultarminator VI pillar classes), who would then each take turns and call a player in their team.

Random-ish teams like that could help us think of new and original combos between two, three or even four classes as it's not completely random, but at least random enough to make it practise worthy.

Xelor, Timeless.

great idea, kind of like picking your team for dodgeball in middle school or something lol i like it :D i dont think pre-made teams is the way to go we should mix it up and get people to actually get to know eachother, and if people do want to go with pre-made teams we should have a date for that too? possibly just my opinion

That is such a terrible idea rofl. If you think premade teams are not the way to go let me just pick classes out of my hat and choose those for our goult teams.

got school until 12am dut lel. gg

I would have loved to come but unfortunately I don't feel like it so I won't be there

10 people like this

practise triggers me

Afrojack arranged goult practice for our previous server last year and things went very well. It is a great opportunity to show a lot of your fellow peers what a great player/teammate you can be - and vice versa.

Things I observed that we can proactively avoid for Rushu:

- be open to the team you're placed. This is a great opportunity to showcase your ability to be a team player. communication skills - as well as your attitude.

- with that being said - if you don't like the team set ups - then you should try arranging practice. It's stressful, it requires a lot of time and organization - instead of being critical - see how you can play a supportive role.

- this is just a first practice. and if you like how he organizes it, he would most likely hold more. If not - please help out the best way you can - and maybe hold some of your own.

- teams that are pre-set - usually don't work well. By the time the second or third battle takes place - people start dispersing. So if there aren't many classes available - then be open to be placed in one. For the sake of practice and fun.

- just because you're not a 1v1 pvper doesn't necessarily mean you aren't a good group pvp player. but don't be surprised if your teammates don't like you if you don't show up at least in end-game gear. This does mean that lower level characters won't be ideal candidates in these team set ups. Even though in actual goultarminator - everyone is level 200 on the server.

I won't be able to attend this particular event, but I support afrojack and his enthusiasm to help the server out. Put your personal drama aside and let's have some fun together! Best of luck everyone.

7 people like this

Afrojack arranged goult practice for our previous server last year and things went very well. It is a great opportunity to show a lot of your fellow peers what a great player/teammate you can be - and vice versa.

Things I observed that we can proactively avoid for Rushu:

- be open to the team you're placed. This is a great opportunity to showcase your ability to be a team player. communication skills - as well as your attitude.

- with that being said - if you don't like the team set ups - then you should try arranging practice. It's stressful, it requires a lot of time and organization - instead of being critical - see how you can play a supportive role.

- this is just a first practice. and if you like how he organizes it, he would most likely hold more. If not - please help out the best way you can - and maybe hold some of your own.

- teams that are pre-set - usually don't work well. By the time the second or third battle takes place - people start dispersing. So if there aren't many classes available - then be open to be placed in one. For the sake of practice and fun.

- just because you're not a 1v1 pvper doesn't necessarily mean you aren't a good group pvp player. but don't be surprised if your teammates don't like you if you don't show up at least in end-game gear. This does mean that lower level characters won't be ideal candidates in these team set ups. Even though in actual goultarminator - everyone is level 200 on the server.

I won't be able to attend this particular event, but I support afrojack and his enthusiasm to help the server out. Put your personal drama aside and let's have some fun together! Best of luck everyone.

I miss u linda. pls com back :wub:

1 person likes this

That is such a terrible idea rofl. If you think premade teams are not the way to go let me just pick classes out of my hat and choose those for our goult teams.

Sorry...I must have missed something. I didn't notice Ankama announced Goultarminator pillar classes so we can make pre-set up teams.... (sarcasm to those who don't get it :P).

The point of this practise is to get to know each other and perhaps discover something that might be useful after the pillar classes are announced.

Ofcourse we will make pre-set up teams once we know the pillar classes. Noone said we will make THEM random.

Not trying to be rude, but I think my idea would work just fine this time.

P.S. I won't show up probably. I'll be able to log only at around 17:00 or 18:00 DUT, sadly. But thank you, Afrojack, for initiating the practise. :)

Xelor, Timeless.

Coops 4 goult

Edited by Uthman

Practice makes perfect people, good work on being prepared. Good luck at this year's Goultarminator.

also, stop making fun of kissmy-astrub's mediocre osamodas. it's like beating up a wheelchair bound brain dead platypus.

3 people like this

Its the most wonderful time of the year