• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dacheat

Imps Village Rule Update (2015)

40 posts in this topic

Not sure where you heard this but I don't think it's true. the forums just see how many new lines you've added doesn't matter if they're in a spoiler tag or not.

ahem, check the first spoiler tag in my sig, i believe it is well over the original 12 lines permitted if the spoiler tag werent there

ahem, check the first spoiler tag in my sig, i believe it is well over the original 12 lines permitted if the spoiler tag werent there

Have you edited it since the change? I'm actually amazed that the old system let you have a signature that long. The old system only allowed for 12 lines. There very well might be a trick to having text inside in spoilers not count towards new lines, in which case I don't know it.

Have you edited it since the change? I'm actually amazed that the old system let you have a signature that long. The old system only allowed for 12 lines. There very well might be a trick to having text inside in spoilers not count towards new lines, in which case I don't know it.

yes the old system sometimes told me it was disallowed, like i could only have a certain number even in a spoiler tag or it wouldnt recognize it, usually the spoiler tag counted as a single line so theoretically you could have hundreds upon hundreds of lines hidden within spoilers PROVIDED they didnt combine since that would go over the limit of lines inside the spoiler, I used to have two seperate spoilers from like 1-150 and 150+ but that was annoying and kept playing up whenever I tried adding to it, so i changed that, which is why i have it numbered from 100+ as opposed to 1+ now. I just had to play around with it a bit and it eventually saved even with the excessive number as it is.. though I havent edited recently (am scared to :()

Edited by Karalee

yes the old system sometimes told me it was disallowed, like i could only have a certain number even in a spoiler tag or it wouldnt recognize it, usually the spoiler tag counted as a single line so theoretically you could have hundreds upon hundreds of lines hidden within spoilers PROVIDED they didnt combine since that would go over the limit of lines inside the spoiler, I used to have two seperate spoilers from like 1-150 and 150+ but that was annoying and kept playing up whenever I tried adding to it, so i changed that, which is why i have it numbered from 100+ as opposed to 1+ now. I just had to play around with it a bit and it eventually saved even with the excessive number as it is.. though I havent edited recently (am scared to :()

It won't actually delete it just throw you a error that it doesn't match forum criteria and revert to whatever it already was.

1 person likes this

How does the 6 lines work? Does an enter count? Since I am not able to use more then this in my signature. I just want one more line. :(

Curently only have 1 pic and 2 lines of text.

Dont get it

Edit: Tried to check it again, seem to be I can add a new line now! Yeey!

Edited by xDirewolves

How long does it take for warnings to go back to 0? I've had 2 for nearly a year (1 has been 1 year+ already) and I've been waiting for them to get removed so that I can go back to posting borderline offensive stuff.

I'm just kidding, but how long do they last? I believe a mod said that they eventually go away?

1 person likes this

How long does it take for warnings to go back to 0? I've had 2 for nearly a year (1 has been 1 year+ already) and I've been waiting for them to get removed so that I can go back to posting borderline offensive stuff.

I'm just kidding, but how long do they last? I believe a mod said that they eventually go away?

I have the same thing, been there for 3+ years

Under the old system, all warnings had to be removed manually, there was no way to make them revert after a period. So, if you've got an old warn, you'll have to contact a mod to ask for it to be reduced. Unless you've continued that kind of behaviour, we tend to be happy to.

Way to ruin Imps. If I can't be sexy and racy, what's the point?

3 people like this

So why can't we get some leeway on this rule with the prices?

It's really annoying to be forced to specify a price when people won't even answer you unless the price is right, this is also a huge issue in the game. The request just gets ignored rather than somebody posting a counter offer.

Is there something wrong with haggling? I mean the agreed to price can still be posted after, but forcing a price on an item that isn't regularly bought and sold is very hard.

Edited by Rumple
7 people like this

So why can't we get some leeway on this rule with the prices?

It's really annoying to be forced to specify a price when people won't even answer you unless the price is right, this is also a huge issue in the game. The request just gets ignored rather than somebody posting a counter offer.

Is there something wrong with haggling? I mean the agreed to price can still be posted after, but forcing a price on an item that isn't regularly bought and sold is very hard.

I've explained this before Here. It's pretty simple really. If you've payed any attention to the markets you already have an idea of what something should sell for. Haggle room is fine. We just want people to have a starting point. because "offer?" is not a starting point.

Take Cooper's post here for example. Know roughly what he wants to pay but also has room to negotiate.

1 person likes this

I've explained this before Here. It's pretty simple really. If you've payed any attention to the markets you already have an idea of what something should sell for. Haggle room is fine. We just want people to have a starting point. because "offer?" is not a starting point.

Take Cooper's post here for example. Know roughly what he wants to pay but also has room to negotiate.

Implying the item is something that is commonly bought/sold, unlike one of Rumples recent posts on the price of a very specific item, the cham turkey without a tree, i believe it was?. Tell me how many posts do you see on these forums about that item specifically being traded? probably 0 or very close to it.

Another example is the Ellie's amulet stones, these don't explicitly have a set price, most people just offer ~5mk because they want the last few stones for the amulet, others offer ~1-2m for a large number of fragments. would you sell yours for 1-2m when you know there are people who might buy that same item for 2.5-5x the price you are for, or inversely, would someone sell you an item they know they can get 2x what you're offering despite your offer being totally reasonable.

Like rumple said, if your asking price is too far-fetched to begin with (lets say i decide to sell 5 different Ellie's stones for 5m each, which while that's a trading price they can sell at, those trades are far and few between and most people would pay half that), people generally speaking simply won't take the time to negotiate as the buyers mindset of that seller wanting a high price for that item tends to discourage buyers as the sellers reserve won't be very much lower than their already high listed price.

The coops Vulbis example is fairly straightforward, there have been quite alot of Vulbis sales recently from around that 800-900m price range so the offer of 800m isn't that extreme and with that sort of money a sellers asking price of say for example 850m would not be considered outrageous considering its a change of <10% the original offers price.

On a whole the rules are fairly agreeable but there are some cases where the "list a specific price" doesn't quite cut it. Saying that set price is up for negotiation doesn't resolve the issue either as people tend not to want to deal with someone who may not know the price and as a result can offer too high or too low.

Heres an example for you, put a price on this that won't get you lynched or laughed at ;)

dAemXUr.png

Edited by Karalee
7 people like this

Edited by Rumple

The mod that handled your topic already gave you a very sensible suggestion how to price your item: go by the current prices of Ogrines since you were trying to buy something that was available in the Emporium. How is that not a starting point with room for haggling? You can't tell me that this would make it impossible to start a negotiation with a seller.

And you keep harping on "but if I put a price no one will even talk to me!!". You're complaining about people being terrible at haggling here, and not the IV rules. I don't see how shifting the task of finding a starting price on the other party solves anything. These people will probably be thinking the same: "I have no idea what the rate is", "If I ask too high, they won't reply" etc etc. Not having this marketplace rule won't make the problem go away - someone has to make the first step and throw out a figure. We're asking that it is the person making the topic. Is that really so horrible?

I can tell you one thing though, being a sulking smartass with a 1k to 1bk price tag will not make more people want to do business with you.

3 people like this

Done. Forget it.

Edited by Rumple

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0