• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Rob

General class advice thread!

98 posts in this topic

Thanks mate.

At 150+ What build is best for ouginak pvp mainly for 1v1s or solo 3v3s? Thanks for any input. :)

Hi everyone,

Have been out of the loop for a while, returning to play on the mono account server and was wondering what class would be good to start over with

Basically what I'm looking for is:

• Being able to solo exp/farm without relying too much on others
  • A class that is usefull/requested in dungeons, so that I don't have a hard time when searching for a group
  • At least decent damage dealing
  • Not summon dependant
  • Not too much bonus AP/MP dependant (as it will be hard to obtain on a completely fresh server)

Could anyone give me some ideas? 

I'm currently leaning towards Str, Str/Int or Int Iop and Int Feca, but it might be just because it's what I'm familiar with or nostalgia

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated! Can't wait to start playing again

Edited by Mushumash

Cra?

3 hours ago, Kyffles said:

Cra?

I thought about it, but to be honest...I just don't like the visuals ^^"

I can suggest Panda or Rogue - both are really usefull and fun to play. Panda has a lot of AoE and multi target damage attacks such as flask, pandaattack, melanholy or even schnaps. Rogue can offer you high damage with bombs and positioning monsters. Also it has good amount of escaping spells.

8 hours ago, Khai said:

I can suggest Panda or Rogue - both are really usefull and fun to play. Panda has a lot of AoE and multi target damage attacks such as flask, pandaattack, melanholy or even schnaps. Rogue can offer you high damage with bombs and positioning monsters. Also it has good amount of escaping spells.

Are Pandas viable for playing solo/monoaccount server? I like chance pandas but I have stopped playing Dofus since a while ago. I would even play int or str and then switch to chance, is it worth? How hard is to switch to another element at level 36?

Edited by daitra

10 minutes ago, daitra said:

Are Pandas viable for playing solo/monoaccount server? I like chance pandas but I have stopped playing Dofus since a while ago. I would even play int or str and then switch to chance, is it worth? How hard is to switch to another element at level 36?

Chance Panda can be really cool for drops and dungeons also for solo exp. Sadly most of the AoE Panda spells are on high level so you need to level up till that level first. It's not that hard to change your element since for the first time you can do it via dopple and then you have to do otomai quests + dungeons (depending on your level and list is somewhere on wikia). Spells are actually changeable whenever you want.

Just now, Khai said:

Chance Panda can be really cool for drops and dungeons also for solo exp. Sadly most of the AoE Panda spells are on high level so you need to level up till that level first. It's not that hard to change your element since for the first time you can do it via dopple and then you have to do otomai quests + dungeons (depending on your level and list is somewhere on wikia). Spells are actually changeable whenever you want.

But is it worth to waste this free reset at level 36?

At the time I played panda they just didn't work without at least 5mp base. So for starting fresh I am wondering whether it's gonna be painfull to play with 2pms only.

11 minutes ago, daitra said:

But is it worth to waste this free reset at level 36?

At the time I played panda they just didn't work without at least 5mp base. So for starting fresh I am wondering whether it's gonna be painfull to play with 2pms only.

You can always go half wis just to level up faster and then reset to full chance. Panda is pretty cool on high level and helpfull in dungeons. Oh... there is also Eniripsa. There will be probably a lot of players in need for this class at start in dungeons.

Is sadi any good in PvE? Never really seen them outside of kolossium, now I made one on multi acc and I'm struggling af to do anything, and having to plant many trees doesn't exactly seem viable in late game dungeons

Suppose you answered your own question. Pretty much every other class is more viable in PvM than Sadis and I'm not just saying that to troll @Goatee. This doesn't mean to say you shouldn't use one, but if you were wanting to play in the most effective manner then it's probably not the best choice. 

2 people like this

Depends what you're exactly doing, if you're looking at doing the dungeons with them it's probably not the best idea but if you want to farm xp with them, they're probably around cra level with their aoe damage, especially with the class item on.

sadi  good for 508 can confirm, also bring back old dolls

3 hours ago, Satsuki said:

Is sadi any good in PvE? Never really seen them outside of kolossium, now I made one on multi acc and I'm struggling af to do anything, and having to plant many trees doesn't exactly seem viable in late game dungeons

Sadis are pretty good, since you have that op infected state on enemies. Just rape monsters MP using infected state on multiple targets. Also killing enemies isn't that hard for sadi, you can just hit all the targets nearly all the time. 

Sadis only suck because you can't defeat them and whine about it. @Rob  @Quadro (rude :P)

Sadidas are "jack of all trades, master of none". We can do a lot of stuff but we can't do them exactly efficiently. There are certainly some niche dungeons/achievements where we excel and might be a better choice than most other classes - especially when you're thinking of soloing a Sadida.

We're a bad choice for endgame dungeons and I've personally been a liability numerous times to all my friends who ever helped me with them in the past.

That all being said, it's a fun class to play and even though you will end up struggling more often than not it's something I'd personally recommend you to try out a little longer. Focus on damage and infection chains and try not to spam too many dolls around specific classes/monsters (Dolls + Elio portal = pissed off Elio, Dolls + any monster that attracts itself onto targets = potentially a ruined dungeon run or at best a major inconvenience); go nuts when doing stuff alone, as they're basically your substitute team members - think of their intelligence on par of that of a Iop.

5 people like this

Are xelors still a thing PvM wise? 

Reading about it I find all kind of opinions ranging from "It absolutely sucks" to "It's quite good if you learn it"

Xelors are situational in pvm. Some fights they do very well in, some fight they can struggle. Most dungeon bosses have something that stops a xelor from performing (unmoveable state, gravity, some negative effect if the boss is moved, some weird interaction,ect...)

If you're talking about solo play xelor, you might struggle with fights. However Xelors works best in team. They can teleport a high priority enemy into your team, they can give +4ap to your whole team for insane burst, xelor himself also has high burst damage ( strenght or agility build). A combination I like to run is Strength Xelor and Agility Osa. Xelor gives all of osas tofus +2ap (which allows tofus to attack twice) while Osas tofus provide a whole lot of teleport and telefrag opportunities for Xelor.

I think xelors are good and can do a whole bunch of things, but generally there are better classes in pvm to use instead of a xelor.

Edited by beehiveone
4 people like this

23 hours ago, beehiveone said:

Xelors are situational in pvm. Some fights they do very well in, some fight they can struggle. Most dungeon bosses have something that stops a xelor from performing (unmoveable state, gravity, some negative effect if the boss is moved, some weird interaction,ect...)

If you're talking about solo play xelor, you might struggle with fights. However Xelors works best in team. They can teleport a high priority enemy into your team, they can give +4ap to your whole team for insane burst, xelor himself also has high burst damage ( strenght or agility build). A combination I like to run is Strength Xelor and Agility Osa. Xelor gives all of osas tofus +2ap (which allows tofus to attack twice) while Osas tofus provide a whole lot of teleport and telefrag opportunities for Xelor.

I think xelors are good and can do a whole bunch of things, but generally there are better classes in pvm to use instead of a xelor.

I see, I'm really struggling to find something I like

At this point I've tried a few classes up to about lvl 70-90 (Iop, Osa, Elio) but still haven't found something that I feel actually fits me, currently playing a lvl 97 Rogue which I'm not liking that much as far as playstyle goes, finding it a bit frustrating

I'd want to classchange instead of starting over this time, especially because this last time on the Rogue I actually did progress with quests too rather than only leveling to try the class, but because it has a cost both in Ogrines and in Kamas to change the set I'd like to be quite sure about the choice

I'm currently thorn between Agi or Str Xelor and Cha or Str Panda, most of the time I duo with a friend that plays either Elio or Foggernaut

Someone save me from my own undicededness D:

u should also bear in mind that 1 class can perform completely differently depending on lvl, and xel is 1 of class where u can't just compare a lvl 100 xel to lvl 200 xel at least because of different variety of sets, amount of ap/mp/range, and also different allies available

i see u plan on switching ur 97 lvl char to xel, at that lvl it's hard to have both high dmg and high amount of ap (unless u are rich and have exos or shiat)

- for example str build is not a build i recommend because dark ray costs 5 ap which is too much to dish out decent combos (unless u have allies who can buff u some ap and/or provide u with some summons for telefrag & teleporting around (that's to some extend true even at lvl 200) + at low lvl neutral weaps dont really hit good

- cha build is also not smth i'd go with since it has low base dmg, it's more suitable for ap raping in pvp

- u can try int and/or agi since it can offer steady dmg even without telefrag, and when necessary u can still play around with map manipulation while dealing dmg at the same time (frostbite / temporal dust)

panda has a bit similar problem like xels in terms of spell ap cost; i see u mentioned cha/str panda, their main spells cost 4 ap which is high and also melancholy is range-dependable, so it's just awkward to use panda as dmg at low lvls;

and it's actually overall awkward to play panda cuz it's more of a support role, but without good dmger allies ur panda doesn't utilise its full potential which is a waste

however if you have a certain mindset to get to the endgame u can choose any build u feel like to learn and u actually enjoy to overcome all its disadvantages, go for any build (cuz sometimes ppl choose a certain class/build exactly because it's a weak or unpopular class/build and enjoy it just fine)

^ Personally I find the more tactical classes to be the most fun to play, but I've known others that hate them because they can't figure out what to do within the allocated turn time.

Xelors are a brilliant class from level 101+ and I've enjoyed my ickle pvp xel project quite a bit (lv 151-165) - as quad mentioned though, if you do choose Xel, then you'll likely be best to look at int/agi (particularly for PVM) until you can invest the higher amounts required for Str or a str hybrid. Temporal dust actually hits quite well and is the only proper AOE spell you'll have as a xel (not including your summons).

As you're currently a rogue and having some problems with it, might be worth hanging in there a tad longer if you're currently only using a 4-5mp set. I played a rogue several years back and it didn't really become anything great until reaching 6 MP - the additional map manipulation you can pull off to get things into your bomb walls is great fun :P Also, if playing with a friend, if they have map manipulation too then they can rely partially on your bomb wall damage too. Both elio and fogger should have enough map manipulation to pull off some neat combos though :)

Hey there!

Recently made a full agi Huppermage in one of the mono-account servers and having a blast!

I'm about to ding level 100 and am wondering where my goals should be with this class.

The dofusplanner given below is of the gear I currently own / wear. Keep in mind everything is overmaged so the vitality the planner says I have is incorrect. I almost got ( 1700 HP )

https://www.dofusplanner.com/5RLzV/edit/

Now, what should I go for next gear-wise? 

What are my goals in group play, PvP wise and PvM wise?

All I atm do is trying to do as much damage as possible and I end up taking 'alot' of HP. 

Would love some advice / insight / suggestions!

Thanks in advance!