Followers 0
Rob

General class advice thread!

70 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an idiot's guide to huppermages written in simple words? :3

1 hour ago, Kyffles said:

I'll make a short guide:

'HUPPERMAGIC' no one knows what huppers do.

13 hours ago, Kyffles said:

Ok so

huppermages are quad element

If the Intel state is applied to an enemy then you can use contribution to gain a certain % of your vitality in shield points (like 10% of your max vit?) the agility state to gain 1AP, strength to gain MP and chance to gain 150% power, this is stackable twice per element.

if the enemy is in The Intel state the Huppermage can use an agi spell to cause -3 dodgable AP, a strength spell to cause the enemy to receive 120% damage or the chance state to cause -50 dodge. 

The strength state can be activated by the huppermage using an Intel spell again for 120% damage, an agility spell for 25% damage reduction or chance state for -2mp and vice versa. 

Each element has an area of effect spell and each area of effect spell has a two turn cool down (for example if used on turn 1, it'd next be available turn 3) and abusing this mass aoe is an easy way to abuse huppers ability to heal an an ally with runification (use an aoe spell onto a bunch of enemies, use runic treatment on said ally to take away the rune from under an enemy that had a rune present, then as long as an enemy has an elemental state you can use imprint to gain another rune to heal with)

polarity is your best friend, using it on an enemy with the fire state will change positions with the target, the agility state will hop over the target in a fashion of symmetry (if you're two away when you cast it, you'll be two away from the enemy on the other side) the chance state will attract the target and the strength state will repel the enemy.  

propagation is the best spell dofus 2k16.  Using propagation on an enemy with the strength state will unbewitch all targets in a 1-3 radius and will also apply all of those targets into the strength state. The fire state will cause all healing done to the target to be halved and will spread that effect in 1-3 and apply the fire state,  the agi state will also apply all targets within the 1-3 radius to be unlockable for 1 turn. The chance state will apply the gravity state to the target and all enemies in 1-3 radius. Each time it'll apply the element of the attack to the enemies within the radius as a state, not a rune.

Runification will take all runes on the field that are currently under a target and apply the state of the rune (if it's a fire rune it'll apply the Intel state) 

elemental drain will will only ever activate on a target that has an elemental state, its 1-1 range and is one use per turn but can be cast every turn, it'll steal 230 stats for two turns on a critical hit at level6 and the buff is stackable twice.

Elemental states are the symbols that are shown above an enemy, runes are coloured squares, if you attack an enemy that has neither both will be applied, so you can hit an enemy with neither, elemental drain to take away the elemental state and then runification to reapply the elemental state, each runification that is activated will give 50 stats to the huppermage depending which element the rune was.

elemental shield will give the huppermage 25% against each element, each hit that is received it'll reduce the % by 5 in that element and it'll also give the enemy that elemental state, for example I use elemental shield, kikn-isanoob uses celestial sword on me whilst having the fire state currently, he'll now gain the agi state, it'll combine the agi and fir state and cause him to lose 3 ap and then place the latest state under the enemy as a rune in which this case it'd be agility. 

Anything else you need info on or if you need anything cleared up just ask!

sorry if the grammar/spelling is absolute garbage, I'm writing on an iPhone and tired af.  

Edited by Tezar
6 people like this

Thanks, that's pretty much what I needed. If I am just playing around solo on one with a low budget, what's the most important things to level first?

1 hour ago, Kyffles said:

Thanks, that's pretty much what I needed. If I am just playing around solo on one with a low budget, what's the most important things to level first?

I'm assuming you're 200?

given that you'll have 199 spell points i'd level

1. journey (class spell) 15

2. elemental drain 30

3. propagation 45 

4. elemental shield 60

5. contribution 75

6. runification 90

7. weapon skill 105

8. (depending what build you are) I'm personally agi/cha as it's got huge damage output, so i'd spend the rest of my spell points on the three elemental attacks each, starting with glacier,transfixing gust & icy shards (this spell will attract by 2 cells and can make that 5 cells with polarity).

Nononon, I'm like level 36 at the moment, just fiddling around on Rushu. I'm not going to be leveling particularly fast unless someone donates leechingz. I'm just too broke (and lazy) to get server transfers, so my stuff is all on other servers.

11 minutes ago, Kyffles said:

Nononon, I'm like level 36 at the moment, just fiddling around on Rushu. I'm not going to be leveling particularly fast unless someone donates leechingz. I'm just too broke (and lazy) to get server transfers, so my stuff is all on other servers.

Well all the servers will be merged soon enough, given that you're from what, Shika/rosal? 

but for the time being i'd focus on leveling elemental drain and a specific elemental attack such as ether?

Edited by Tezar

14 minutes ago, Tezar said:

Well all the servers will be merged soon enough, given that you're from what, Shika/rosal? 

but for the time being i'd focus on leveling elemental drain and a specific elemental attack such as ether?

They say April, but I am assuming it's coming in 2020. And yeah, most of my stuff is on Rosal because I ran off there from Shika.

Elemental Drain is good fun in any case. ^^ Thanks for the help!

I'm fairly new to playing a Rogue and I wanted to ask about Kaboom and the bonuses.  Most of the time I don't really bother because wall damage is so sweet, but I've thought about leveling the water bomb just to give AP bonuses?  Also, right now my Rogue is agi and I like it for the most part, but do hybrid rogues work?  Seems like the secondary spells would be nice at times, the agi spell damage isn't that great and kinda awkward to use.  

A How-To-Elio-in-Group-PvM, or even some tips/tricks would be appreciated...

@Tibalt For a start I would recommend watching some Youtube videos of Elios. I watched a few dungeons that used Elio tactics and got a better grip of how to use it for bosses. Some of the tactics are easily repeatable. 

@Sunbathe can you show me this grip you got?

Was considering coming back after a bit of time off. Was thinking of playing a masq but have read that they're not very useful/good right now, Is this correct? Mainly just looking for something that's good fun and has potential to do well if played right. Thanks

Hi, I have a question :x how exactly does shock work? last time I played, it doesnt say anything on how it attracts to the cell etc. I tried testing it but sadly, most of it were fails.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Jassicuh said:

Hi, I have a question :x how exactly does shock work? last time I played, it doesnt say anything on how it attracts to the cell etc. I tried testing it but sadly, most of it were fails.

it's antract one cell to midle of the spell. and it's work like all spells in dofus, from right to left (clokwise), and first one is on 3o clock, (then 6,9,12)

if You wanna this on picture:

sWiSYPc.jpg

ehHsh6M.jpg

first go dial, then arachne, xelor and last one is synchro

it's doesn't matter where elio is.

Edited by ikaruspl
pics
2 people like this

Hey guys, I've just came back to the game after a long while and I feel like making an Osa and just level myself while completing achievements/leveling professions, so then I can transition to koli (probably start at 50 and then slowly upgrade gear and level).

Said this, I'm not familiar with recent changes to the game so I'd like to ask advice on a build for her.

I'm not sure if the pvm and pvp builds are the same currently but at some point I'll focus 100% on pvp anyway. I'm just hopping that I can still farm by myself with it since getting groups isn't that reliable on my server

I think Str build on your osa will be perfect, but only on lower levels. You can fully lock people with gobbals and apply gravity state on them. Also every gobbal hits alot.

Should I change to another build once I reach a certain level then? I'll probably stay at around 50 for a while just to get familiarized with some stuff but I still wanna plan for a bit later

Posted (edited)

Strength should be your main stat until you can wear the Healbow (Archetypal at lvl 173). At least thats my opinion, after that switch over to an intelligence/heal build.

Edited by TheFook

Thanks guys! I'll go for strenght for now then and try to switch later on