• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Rob

General class advice thread!

98 posts in this topic

i think dragon pig set would be just fine with either a vit or mp gelano and mount/pet of your choice

also, i find myself struggling sometimes in certain situations when pvping with my xel, running agi cra's for example. im still getting used to the new xelor at the moment cause i wasnt playing it since the revamp but i know all the basic stuff. anyone out there with a basic strategy that works most of the time?

Drop out a dial at 4 range from him, and the homing hand as a perfect symmetry to him, creating a telefrag, then use the spell to switch him with the homing hand and then use frostbite. Tah-Dah hes now a fair bit closer on that turn w/ a telefrag state. As a strength Xel you can use that to then hit remarkably high with Dark Ray.

Your new teleport spell can be used repeatedly as well provided you create a telefrag when using it, so use that to your advantage as well.

Throw some Mp Loss Res gear on and you can prevent a reasonable amount of mp rape on yourself anyway :)

If you're finding this isnt working still, consider hybridising to str/int and use the high-range int spells when you cant pull off the OP combos.

New Xelors can take quite a while to completely master but once you do, they are rather OP

Drop out a dial at 4 range from him, and the homing hand as a perfect symmetry to him, creating a telefrag, then use the spell to switch him with the homing hand and then use frostbite. Tah-Dah hes now a fair bit closer on that turn w/ a telefrag state. As a strength Xel you can use that to then hit remarkably high with Dark Ray.

i'm afraid this won't work anymore as the synchro will be able to activate in the first turn it is summoned as of the next update. i've been playing on beta and using this trick with the dial but without being able to create a telefrag it wastes almost all my ap for the turn. also i play as a str/cha xel on beta but on regular dofus i'm str/int.

what i do sometimes is running towards someone but stopping at 2 squares linear, placing a dial 2 squares behind me, then using clock to get some ap for the next turn and then rewind. the guy then tries to hit me as much as possible. next turn i use punch, dark ray, frostbite, dark ray and flinty daggers, which if i crit comes out at around 3k damage

Edited by duterrorist

Hello

I have been on about 2-3 year break from Dofus and today i noticed that you can hit melee only once, Thing is my main is a Masq of level 159 who had a dmg/12ap set for Furia melee melee. Are Masqs viable anymore? Also generally interested in whats new, my alt is an Enu and theres also a Vit osa and Str Cra but wont use those 2 for a while.

So i guess the question is, what does one do with a masq and enu nowdays?

The Masq is Str/Int

Edited by MasterOfDisaster

What's the best eca build nowadays? level 150ish

What's the best eca build nowadays? level 150ish

Eca's are renowned for working with anything or everything. If you look at it from the side of available sets str is probably going to prove the easiest with Moowolf gear. Depending on your funding, Omni is probably the best bet if you use Drhossil + scroll spells.

Roll with whatever you like the look of.. it all works the same.

i want to ask something regarding iops.

does level 200 iops in pvm really need to be 12 ap most of the time?

i grew interest in developing my iop with really good res while maintaining godly stats.

as i've test numerous of time where when using mp or pull idols, monster tend to hit my teammates rather than hitting me.

i have much bigger resist than my friend.

the only thing that i concern is i cant jump+ wrath anymore

I found 12AP pretty handy to use, if you're strength theres alot of combos that require 12ap or are more effective with 12ap. The same goes with Agi.

I havent tried pure Intel builds but I assume its the same since a few spells are 4ap and strengthstorm has awkward range and isnt really compatible with 11ap builds like destructive x2 + ss as you can get locked, but with 12ap you can do something like destructive + intim + ss x2.

Thats my opinion anyway, take away from it what you will.

Jump + wrath or go home.

Don't forget in pvm you often have that 2 ap buff that lets u precip after jumpwrath if you're 12 ap base.

hi, im 190lvl sac agi/str atm. but when i reach 195 ill go into agi/str/cha, all scrolled etc. gonna wear ogivol + fuji boots and ring and some cha/damage amulet along with az'tech. any thoughts about that kind of sac? anyone seen one before?

hello atm my roges agil and im not into the whole diagonal spell cast and 1 limit bs.

so i wanna know which which would be better intel or chance and what spells to lvl im new to the class

How does the new fecas shield reduction work? Now that all shields are mixed are they all still effected by intel, or does each damage type rely on its own stat?

Feca Shield the spell takes a percentage away from damage inflicted to the character who's effected by it.

Rampart which combines all the previous elemental shields together, works the same way as Eni's Prev.

base (14 reduction on Feca) x 5% x casters level (Feca) + base again = damage directly reduced.

i.e at 200:

14 x 5% x 200 + 14 = 154

809e453a64e9315234b733a3f7284a26.png

As such it's based on your actual output, so answering your question that includes % power, elemental statistics which you're attacking in (such as int) and + damage stats. The 154 is taken away after total damage output is calculated but before % and fixed resistances.

Thanks for the explaining of the explaining Brock <3

2 people like this

Hello,

how much mp reduction does an enutrof need to rape mp's in lvl 200 dimension dungeons efficiently? 

Thanks in advance! 

19 minutes ago, Kiritokun said:

Hello,

how much mp reduction does an enutrof need to rape mp's in lvl 200 dimension dungeons efficiently? 

Thanks in advance! 

Rape mostly depends on luck as we all know. The more mp reduction you have there might be better chance for rape. I would go for around 130-150, but heard that people even had 200 - not sure if it's truth. Good luck with dimension dungeons! ^.^

1 person likes this

200+ is true, there is a standard mp reduction build for enu, let me link it,

http://dofp.la/QNHlA/

2 people like this

Thanks alot guys!

I think I will just copy this set but swap the wisdom pet for a ap bird :) 

To hybrid or not to Hybrid? 
I have a pure int eni and a wis/cha enu. 
wondering if its worth my while to maybe make int/agi or maybe omni eni.  or maybe a cha/int/wis enu?  

What spells should I raise as a chance eliotrope?

Currently level 120.

whats the best xelor build atm any ideas? 

Not sure if anyone checks these anymore but I've got some Xelor questions as well.  I quit not long after the Xelor revamp so I never really got used to the changes.  

Currently I'm str/agi but I find myself not really using the agility spells very much.  I'm considering going str/cha but had several random "I havent played in a long time" questions 

What is the Xelor role in a group now?   Are they still in demand even?

How difficult are the newer sets to farm, like the luminescent set?

The markets on Rosal seem pretty empty, any tips on server hopping for gear?  

best xel is full str xel paired with full agi osa ^___^ xel buffs ap to all tofus with dial and telefrag to allow dem tofus hit x2 instead of x1 while osa controls tofus and positions tofus so that xel could mindlessly spam punch/dark ray/frostbite/dark ray ^_______^

jk to answer ur xel question, imo in teams the strongest point of xel is positioning, any build np, both pvm/pvp, with punch/frostbite/dial-paradox/dust etc, for example if enemy is far and u got iop u can tp it closer to iop for dmg, or if enemy is dangerous tp it far away etc etc

then 2nd strong xel's point differs in pvm and pvp, in pvm i'd say full dmg aka full str (much dmg but requires telefrag skillz) or full agi (less dmg but less brainz needed), while in pvp it can be either dmg aka again str (but need skillz) or ap red aka int or cha or any hybrid (e.g. with str or w/e) but pls at least 150 ap red cuz triggers evritiem when i see xel can neither ap rape nor dmg (and can't even do simple positioning then makes excuses "am new to class am legally allowed to fail :^} ")

basically xel can be useful in groups but no joke it's a hard class in terms of utility and nee brains and improvisation.

Thanks, I'll just have to run a few things and get back into practice.  I think I'll let the spell animations at least in part decide what elements I go with :D  

edit:  thinking about something like this:  http://dofp.la/d6BqE/

Edited by Chris Eggroll

Anyone have advice for me. Im currently playing 200 lvl int enu as solo accounter. Int is getting boring for me and I've been thinking of respec. Should I go for cha/crit build, or mix a little and go int/str or stay pure int? I do both pvp and pve.

20 minutes ago, Polte said:

Anyone have advice for me. Im currently playing 200 lvl int enu as solo accounter. Int is getting boring for me and I've been thinking of respec. Should I go for cha/crit build, or mix a little and go int/str or stay pure int? I do both pvp and pve.

You can always try int/cha - it might be fun. There is this new meno set which gives you mp redu and good stats. Also wat/fire weapons are pretty nice. If i remember there are two wands, bow and hammer. 

1 person likes this