• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

General class advice thread!

50 posts in this topic

Unsure on what element to make your new Feca? Struggling to understand the new Xelor spells? Or would you just like to read up a little more about a class.. this is the thread for you!

Feel free to ask for advice from fellow players relating to the topic at hand, or if you're already a master of your class.. return some golden advice!

We're also looking to house a stock of up to date general class guides, therefore if you feel up to the task we'd love for you to produce one (or send in an existing guide)! Once finished private message me a link to it and we can go about adding it to our shelves.

Existing player made guides:

Pandawas - Ultimate-Sensation

Sacriers - Kikn

Fecas - Kamt

Other useful character related topics:

Characters / Teams

Equipment ideas

Retro Class Guides [v2.0]

4 people like this

Exactly what I needed xb

So, I'm transfering my 200 panda to the server i'm currently playing on but I don't really have a good amount of kamas to equip her with end game gear for quite a while. Can someone advise me on which element i should reset her to so I can buy a decent set but still being able to farm some dungs? (not counting frig dungeons)

I'd like to mainly farm DP for now. Chance would probably be the best for it but i'm not sure if i should stick with strenght ><

If you're thinking towards DP then chance is by far the best bet there, lovely AoE attack with a large number of the mobs having -chance res including Dragon.

In terms of funding a lot of the f2 sets are seriously cheap now, often less than the pebble costs. ^^

1 person likes this

Glad to know!

I just wanted to be sure before i get myself into something that could not be worth the time/money so thank you for the help! ^^

One more question, sorry ><

What should I do about the stats? I thought about maybe 300cha and rest vit but... is that good? (she isn't scrolled yet)

Really comes down to your personal preference. Seen people with a base of 200, 300 or 400. If your gear is slightly lacking on the chance side of things then it'd make sense to bump up your base stats at the cost of vitality most likely.

With the new points system you can allocate all your points before scrolling without any worry c:

1 person likes this

Really comes down to your personal preference. Seen people with a base of 200, 300 or 400. If your gear is slightly lacking on the chance side of things then it'd make sense to bump up your base stats at the cost of vitality most likely.

With the new points system you can allocate all your points before scrolling without any worry c:

I see, I'll keep that in mind after i finish the set then.

Thank you for the advice and for the thread, i'm sure it will help alot of people ^^

I'm struggling on the decision on what to make my iop @ 199. I run a small team of 6. Str/int sram, int eni & osa, cha panda, cha/agil/vit mask, and then the iop right now is full str. would it be best in keeping her full str or go hybrid str/agil? or go str/int? Idk if this is the right place to ask this or not but could use some advice

Omni iop?

For an Iop, I would suggest staying as a full build until level 200 as you'll usually lose too many stats whilst trying to become a hybrid. Personally, I prefer Str > Int > Agi, for the reason that Strength has awesome close-range hits, Wrath for hitting hard every 3 turns and Sword of Iop for heavy AOE damage for a reasonable AP cost. Int has nice range with Strengthstorm but I find Destructive Sword and Cut less useful. At level 200, I'd recommend Treadfast with either Str/Int, Str/Int/Agi or Str/Agi gear to pull off strong damage in 2-3 elements :)

Base Stats would be fine with 300 in strength and rest in vitality

3 people like this

So treadfast ink veil and bearbarian set is ok for a iop? Idk if it will be cool in group of pvp

So treadfast ink veil and bearbarian set is ok for a iop? Idk if it will be cool in group of pvp

Yeah that's the usual cookie cutter for any class these days ^^. Works well really.. you can sync power turns to one turn enemies and whatnot, especially if you combine that with Enu's bribe.

I agree with Proxy's post up there, though I would say to prioritize int over agi as the only decent agi spell is Celestial Sword and that shares a similar role with Sword of Iop.

Tread + Bearbaric + Inky and fill hat is decent for PvP, would not recommend for PvM - Xa Cloak + Missiz hat/ring + actual weapon + fill ring is way better damage potential...which is really the only thing Iops are used for in PvM.

Returning to the game after a long hiatus. Last time I played frig 3 had been out for about 3 months(ish) so lots of change...

Any who got my 3 chars all 199/200 eni xelor sram

Eni - intelligence right still?

Sram - was str/agi leaning towards str rather than agi

Xelor - has been a bit of everything but has massive changes now. Anyone experienced care to explain mechanics and advantages/disadvantages of element builds? Always leaned towards wis/cha in the past.

Help? Please

2 people like this

Eni - Int is still the main build, yes

Sram - str/int/agi pick one or a combination, they all work to a similar degree

Xelors now involve doing circus tricks to have a real impact, there's a whole thread about it in the Tester's Corner (?) about it.

As for elements:
Earth - Damage, loads of damage. Can be a bit awkward to pull off due to lowish range... so basically similar to str xelors before but with more potential

Fire - Long range, AP removal, moderate damage, only real area of effect damage spell

Water - Less range than fire, AP removal as well, moderate damage that ramps up if you keep hitting due to +1 AP on next turn effect on both main damage spells. Has the only life steal spell (Clock).

Air - Pretty much inferior after the change to Synchro, RIP 2K15

2 people like this

I'm a xelor! (Yes still, no I won't class change -_-)

So your basic run down of the new stuff and strategies can be found in the thread in the testers corner, which I see you already read. Most of that still applies just a few things have been enhanced. Ray now gains double dmg from frags instead of just "increased" dmg. Clock is now life steal. Synchro has been changed to gain 200% per generated frag, but only gets buffed by frags generated on combatants that are not already in the frag state. Which is a long way of saying you need to remove the frag state before you generate another if you want to buff the synchro. Personally I didnt use synchro much in the past and I still don't, it's pretty situational.

Build wise strength / Intel seams to be popular with a nice combo of range and dmg. I chose to go the omni route, bit less dmg potential but with tred set being the best str set anyway... I do ok in the dmg department and remain pretty versatile. Feel free to pm me on here with more specific stuff or ask in the testers corner thread. And if you're on rushu you can PM me in game too ace-mccloud.

Good luck :)

Edited by Ace-McCloud

Hello! As an Enutrof, I have 3 standard builds to choose from (mono-elemental builds, of course). Currently I am Strength, which I really enjoy playing and will probably be my characteristic of choice until later levels. On the other hand, i want to explore every possible build before i decide which one really suits me, so I was wondering if you could explain how each element works.

Thank you in advance for reading my post.

2 people like this

Hello! As an Enutrof, I have 3 standard builds to choose from (mono-elemental builds, of course). Currently I am Strength, which I really enjoy playing and will probably be my characteristic of choice until later levels. On the other hand, i want to explore every possible build before i decide which one really suits me, so I was wondering if you could explain how each element works.

Thank you in advance for reading my post.

i guess the best way to do this would be to compare the builds side-by-side.

in order of decreasing damage, sorted by build, the elemental spells at level 6:

chance: slaughtering shovel (5AP, 3-7+ range), shovel of judgment (4AP, 7+ range), coins throwing (2AP, 12+ range)

strength: prime of life (4AP, 5 range), shovel throwing (4AP, 8+ range), mound (3AP, 3 cross AoE, 2-8+ range)

intelligence: unsummoning (4AP, 5+ range linear), ghostly shovel (3AP, 4-9+ range), shovel kiss (3AP, 8+ range w/o LoS required), leek pie (2AP, 8 range)

in terms of damage from range, chance can't be beat, with strength coming a close second and intelligence a distant third. slaughtering shovel is strong, coins throwing is one of the best 2AP damage spells in the game and has a huge range, and being able to do damage while taking MP with shovel of judgment is nice.

strength is also decent damage from range. prime of life is, in my opinion, underrated, as the mp loss resistance debuff is very useful and it is a strong spell (by enu standards, albeit from short range) for 4AP. shovel throwing is a boring vanilla ranged 4AP spell, but it's decent damage, significantly higher than shovel of judgment. mound is the only AoE spell enus have, and it's long ranged and some damage.

intelligence is best classified as a "utility" build, really shining in group pvp at endgame levels because of its use as a secondary healer, the importance of unbewitching (and thus doing damage while unbewitching being a plus), and also the usefulness of unsummoning doing double damage to summons. however, both unbewitching and killing summons are used far more often in group pvp than most pvm situations (not including specialized cases like sylargh duo). additionally, shovel kiss is the only damage spell that doesn't require LoS that enus have, which definitely comes in handy at times (although mound, if you like strength enutrof, can often hit the same targets).

in short, for normal pvm, i'd recommend a strength or chance build, especially if you find yourself doing things on your own a lot, for which your damage output becomes more important. i'd only recommend intelligence if you can find a good hybrid set that doesn't sacrifice too many other useful stats (strength/chance/power, wis/mp reduction, range, dodge, summons, resistances, vitality, etc.) and you can afford the extra spell points you'd need. good luck, hope this helped. i heard you joined bonfire? i'm sure your guild leader jestergod (he likes to be called this :rolleyes: ) would have some really helpful things to say about this topic too, if you haven't asked him already.

Edited by Germy
7 people like this

Thank you for your reply! Yes i have indeed asked Jesternaut about this subject! I'll make sure to call him Jestergod from now on! I am definitely interested in the utility aspect of Enutrofs but it's probably not feasible until the end game kicks in. Until then i'll have to choose between Chance and Strength, although i am leaning more towards Strength. Isn't unsummoning almost as strong as the slaughtering shovel for 1AP less? Is this the right thread to ask about weapon efficiency?

Thank you for your reply! Yes i have indeed asked Jesternaut about this subject! I'll make sure to call him Jestergod from now on! I am definitely interested in the utility aspect of Enutrofs but it's probably not feasible until the end game kicks in. Until then i'll have to choose between Chance and Strength, although i am leaning more towards Strength. Isn't unsummoning almost as strong as the slaughtering shovel for 1AP less? Is this the right thread to ask about weapon efficiency?

unsummoning's base damage is pretty strong, yes, but enutrof's soft caps for intelligence along with the spell's linear restriction and shorter range makes slaughtering shovel and chance enutrofs better damage dealers.

unsummoning's base damage is pretty strong, yes, but enutrof's soft caps for intelligence along with the spell's linear restriction and shorter range makes slaughtering shovel and chance enutrofs better damage dealers.

I see... so it is a matter of soft caps! This might sound like ranting but does Enutrof have bad soft caps on their main elements too? (At least compared to other classes!) :wacko:

I see... so it is a matter of soft caps! This might sound like ranting but does Enutrof have bad soft caps on their main elements too? (At least compared to other classes!) :wacko:

They aren't amazing, though theyre set up nicely so you can dump a fair amount of points in either wis or vit, or both if needed.

aKhE1cq.png<- Enutrof stat caps

To answer your question though, yes those caps are inferior to other classes, most have alot better caps for their man stats and a few minor stats with inferior, see below;

The majority of classes have caps such as these for their main 1-2-3 elements with a few exceptions such as masks like below;

VSjKQRp.png

Fewer less classes such as pandawas and rogues have caps such as these, which are even better for mono elemental stat distribution but are less effective I believe if hybridising (actually jk this wont be the case with the new scrolling system as you start at 0 instead of 101 so you have the lower caps regardless, there probably isnt a whole lot of difference now.)

CiliAPU.png

Hope that helped a bit.

Edited by Karalee
1 person likes this

And then you have Iops, where your only decision is Str or Vit. I guess anything more complicated would be too difficult.

Edited by Eitheh
3 people like this

Thank you for your informative reply. I was aware of the Enutrof's soft caps, but i never expected such a difference! Iops can use Intelligence and Agility regardless of soft caps though, can't they? I quess that goes for every class, though. I had never taken into account the impact of soft caps on classes.

Trying to make an Agi/Cha Ecaflip, haven't really played any chance characters or ecaflips before, could anyone give me a skill progression and gear suggestions past 12x?

i think dragon pig set would be just fine with either a vit or mp gelano and mount/pet of your choice

also, i find myself struggling sometimes in certain situations when pvping with my xel, running agi cra's for example. im still getting used to the new xelor at the moment cause i wasnt playing it since the revamp but i know all the basic stuff. anyone out there with a basic strategy that works most of the time?

Edited by duterrorist