Jon

DofusPlanner.com - a set creator for the international community

419 posts in this topic

192febcdc5ea8921390ad8e202a9624a.png

Who needs a Turq? ;)

192febcdc5ea8921390ad8e202a9624a.png

Who needs a Turq? ;)

Fixed, thanks!

Major under-the-hood update today: the loading time for adding and removing items has been dramatically reduced because I was using a horrifically inefficient method to update stats previously. You should notice a significant speed boost now. I'll be working on a couple of new features over the next week or two because I have some extra free time.

1 person likes this

Hi, there is error in Eliotrope spell damage - Insult base damage is 26-28 not 26-38.

Hi, there is error in Eliotrope spell damage - Insult base damage is 26-28 not 26-38.

Fixed, thanks!

Another major update! Well, not really, but it's a major aesthetic update. I managed to find a way for all my scrollable divs (e.g. in the add item or add set page) to no longer show scrollbars on Windows machines but remain scrollable. Mac users shouldn't notice anything majorly different, but Windows people will notice a much cleaner looking interface.

Note: if stuff looks fucked up, just try refreshing the page because your browser might have cached the old CSS stylesheet, which was modified significantly in this update.

Edited by Jon
1 person likes this

I've updated the site to include a somewhat overdue feature: condition checking! You'll now be alerted clearly when your set fails to meet the conditions (or level requirements) of certain items that you are trying to use.

Also: more traffic stats, if anyone is interested.

• We're pretty much hitting a new monthly-visitor high every day, because of the upward trend in traffic, which is really cool. Over the last week or so, we've been getting ~100 unique users per day.
  • Our 31-day unique visitors just broke 1000, and our 31-day page views are around 54,000.
  • 3701 sets have been created.
  • 64% Windows, 22% Mac.

Help continue spreading the word! Thanks. :)

Edited by Jon
6 people like this

Major updates today!

First, the 2.28 trophies. All of them are now in the database, and we have implemented condition checking for them as well, so if you're unclear exactly what "Set bonus < 2" means, you won't be confused.

Next, class sets and Dimension Dofuses are also in the database as of today. The delay in getting them there was due to the fact that we didn't have a way to add plain text stats before, but we do now!

Finally, and most importantly perhaps, we've added a bunch of new usability upgrades that will make your browsing even smoother. You can now filter categories of items by their subtypes. This means when, for example, you're adding pets, you can use the checkboxes on the left sidebar to select whether you want to see pets, petsmounts, mounts, or any combination of the three. The same applies to weapons and Dofuses, where you can filter out axes/shovels/wands/etc. and Dofuses/Trophies. Additionally, there are a number of new Select all checkboxes in places with a large number of checkboxes, so you can tick things off more easily.

Thanks for all the support so far. We're continually growing, and in the last two weeks, our monthly (31-day) page views have increased by almost 40%, growing from 54,000 to 74,000! Monthly uniques have also grown from just over 1,000 to 1,235, with a consistent upward trend. There are many more features I want to implement, and the fact that I know that a lot of people are actually using the site keeps me motivated, so thank you. :)

9 people like this

Even more major updates today!

Today, I'm releasing a huge update to Dofus Planner, which lets you register and save sets forever. You now have access to a much more powerful set of tools for managing your sets. Registration takes a couple of seconds and it's definitely worth it, so head over there now and try out our new features! These new features include:

• Access to your entire set history. You're no longer limited to the last 10 sets you've made.
  • Stronger organization of favorites. They're now divided into two categories: those which you originally created, and those which are owned by other people. You'll never be confused again.
  • Searching through your sets.
  • Deleting sets. To be more precise, you can "dissociate" sets; sets will never be deleted from the database, but dissociating them means they won't clog up your set history and you won't be able to edit them anymore.
  • Cleaner interface. Registered users won't see all those welcome/informational content boxes on the homepage, because we'll assume that you've already seen them before.

Enjoy! And please report bugs here, because this was a highly involved update and I may have overlooked a few things in testing.

10 people like this

Sounds excellent, I'll have to check it out when I am not at work later.

Quick question, any particular reason this isn't on github or public? Considering the community already has experience with the wiki in terms of making their own additions, couldn't that make this project better?

We broke a significant milestone yesterday: 100,000 monthly pageviews (102,485 to be exact). Although that's not a totally accurate indication of our popularity because of how pageview-heavy the site is; but either way, it's almost double of what our monthly pageviews were a month ago. Monthly unique users are now at 1,640.

I also realized that Xelor spell damages were completely inaccurate for some reason (did they change them after the initial revamp or did I just insert random numbers). Anyway, that's now fixed.

Edit: Oh yeah, another glitch that I fixed (ty Ala for pointing it out) was a weird thing where if a guest user copied a registered user's set, the new set would have, in effect, two owners. I just forgot to un-assign the copied set from the registered user. That's fixed now, too. (Nothing harmful could have come from that, except for maybe registered users seeing sets they didn't create pop up in their set histories.)

Quick question, any particular reason this isn't on github or public? Considering the community already has experience with the wiki in terms of making their own additions, couldn't that make this project better?

Editing the wiki is pretty different from adding new features to a Django app. Just having the source code alone doesn't mean the changes will be actually reflected on the website unless I actually approve them, which I probably wouldn't because that opens up a whole lot of safety concerns. Nor do I want someone just launching their own version of the website using everything that I coded.

Edited by Jon
5 people like this

Today's update: every item in the Dofus database (well, almost every) is now in the Dofus Planner database, so the website works great now for people who aren't endgame. There are some items that have weird/glitchy conditions because of the way my script works, so please bear with us while we fix those (and report bugs here as well).

Enjoy!

2 people like this

This is a pretty awesome tool, I will be using this now in the future. :)

Can we define names for the sets we create if we register?

That's one of the things I'd really like seeing, because I have many sets for my enu and I can never know which one is which.

Edited by Gaspar

Yes, you can.

6sXj30N.png

WR2qhkJ.png

3 people like this

AHH! This is fantastic!! Great work! :D

Thank you. :)

Another traffic update, if anyone cares: we hit another milestone yesterday, which is 2,000 monthly unique visitors (and 139,000 monthly pageviews, which is also a new record).

Gein's Hat is missing 40 Wisdom

4769fc3811.jpg416ef3dcd4.png

randomly found it while building a set, ap and mp res were pretty low, so i double checked every equipment piece in my set.

Gein's Hat is missing 40 Wisdom

randomly found it while building a set, ap and mp res were pretty low, so i double checked every equipment piece in my set.

Thanks, fixed.

2 people like this

Another idea that randomly came into my mind:

Why not add something like "most used" for trophys? I dont really think that its needed for equipment. But for trophys it would be pretty cool.

Im too fucking lazy to scroll down to the new ap trophy or other new <2 set bonus trophys.

Of course, only if you guys think that its worth implementing or the other people that use this site want this idea too. You dont need to do only for me.

2 people like this

I changed some backend stuff today that will make things easier to update going forward, since I'm not playing the game anymore. However, there were a couple of glitches, so I apologize in advance if some of your sets randomly became Ecaflips (this only affected ~10 sets out of the 56,000 created sets, so it's unlikely).

Another idea that randomly came into my mind:

Why not add something like "most used" for trophys? I dont really think that its needed for equipment. But for trophys it would be pretty cool.

Im too fucking lazy to scroll down to the new ap trophy or other new <2 set bonus trophys.

Of course, only if you guys think that its worth implementing or the other people that use this site want this idea too. You dont need to do only for me.

This is something I want to do, yes. Not necessarily based on most used, but some better way to divide trophies and Dofuses, because the load time for that page is way too long ATM. I'm going to work on some small updates these coming days so look out for that.

2 people like this

I just wanted to report a bug that i found today. It only affects german users i guess, because we use words with "ä, ö, ü"

Basically, if you use one of the 3 characters above in the set description and you favorite it it dissappears from the favorites and the last 10 sets section disappears too.

As long as you could browse back via your browser and change the description you could fix the problem by yourself by changing the characters, but now i fucked by changing another set at the same time. Reseting my favorites didnt help and now i cant see the "Last 10 Sets" and "Show all" Section. See below

5f98590625.jpg

Maybe you could remove the set completely for me? Or change the description? Because i cant access it anymore :lol:

Dat UTF-8 support :P

1 person likes this

I just wanted to report a bug that i found today. It only affects german users i guess, because we use words with "ä, ö, ü"

Basically, if you use one of the 3 characters above in the set description and you favorite it it dissappears from the favorites and the last 10 sets section disappears too.

As long as you could browse back via your browser and change the description you could fix the problem by yourself by changing the characters, but now i fucked by changing another set at the same time. Reseting my favorites didnt help and now i cant see the "Last 10 Sets" and "Show all" Section. See below

[pic]

Maybe you could remove the set completely for me? Or change the description? Because i cant access it anymore :lol:

Sorry for that! I've fixed it (I think) and there should be support for UTF-8 chars now.

1 person likes this