• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jon

DofusPlanner.com - a set creator for the international community

448 posts in this topic

I think that on dofusbook, at least at some point, people used to edit item stats to "mimic" other not-yet-released items or freshly new items that weren't still on their database.

I also think that editing item stats would be extremely useful for things like Turquoise Dofus. Eventually it's bound to get set to a fixed value, but until then sets can vary based on the turq value.

In regards to this, I'll be sure to have new beta sets up on dofusplanner within an hour or so (pretty much straight after I finish the set thread for IV) so there will be less of a delay than dofusbook has had in the past. :)

3 people like this

Layout could use some serious work.

Really? I think it looks ok, except when viewed from Internet Explorer. But who still uses IE?? o.o

Nice, simplistic design on the website. Maybe a background could make it better, but over-designed/futuristic sites aren't my type. You should make the blue button bigger, the one that tells about cookies, because I can barely read it while on a 24 inch screen.

Also, dude, you've put serious effort into creating it, why not have an ad here and there? I definitely wouldn't have trouble browsing through the website with some ads. That could be one of the least ways we could support you.

Edited by Richiks

I can't find Ethnologist Wand.

I can't find Ethnologist Wand.

Level 1 to 179 items -- at launch, we have included all Dofuses, trophies, pets, petsmounts, and mounts, but we only included the other items from level 180 to 200. We thought this would fulfill 90% of use purposes, but we will add the rest of the items later. This was just to allow us to launch the website earlier. If we missed the inclusion of a really popular item, please let us know and we'll add it in first, but we will add every piece of Dofus gear into the database in the coming weeks.

1 person likes this

NqGtEAB.png

I think that +400 Int should be Initiative :P

NqGtEAB.png

I think that +400 Int should be Initiative :P

Thanks, fixed.

What's up with the super tall / skinny font, it's not the most legible font out there.

Will this site be more reactive kinda like how imps expands to fit a bigger screen?

About the layout stuff: I'll admit, I did almost no testing on Windows browsers (I mainly tested Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac). That's something I'll fine tune later.

Bookmarked

Do you plan on a subcategory for weapons, mounts and pets?

I think I will subdivide pets/mounts/petsmounts later, because right now it's messy with some petsmounts getting mixed in the middle of Dragoturkeys. I don't plan on doing so for weapons, though; I don't think there are enough actual weapons in each category to warrant doing that.

1 person likes this

You can do 2cattegories: Smith's weapons and Carver's weap :>

I like website but there are few things I wanted to add:

Calculator for base characteristic points used like on dofusbook would be great.

As someone mentioned above me sometimes you want to check how will your set look with stats that items already have, so possibility to type stats on items on our own would nice too.

And also sth that is on dofusbook, very simplified CH calculator, like here

uBSxIIE.png

Awesome idea and good luck with this website. I'm still gonna use Dofusbook though, need a place where I can save my 100 sets :) . What I dislike on Dofusbook is a very big amount of clicks you have to do before you complete single set, I hope you guys will make your website this way to speed things up. Gonna play with it a bit later to find more ideas. :P

Seems nice, obviously because it's new there is always room for improvement. But it has the basics which will please me for now ^^

It's awesome and thanks <3 ^_^

Suggestion : allow naming of sets. Helpful for those of us who will use this to keep track of different builds for the same class. (eg.: PP set / MP Reduction set / Damage set / etc...)

1 person likes this

I still enjoy this a lot although it's in beta testing. Thanks ^_^ I look forward to the future improvements also.

I played with it a little and it seems good so far! :D Thanks for making it. (:

Really? I think it looks ok, except when viewed from Internet Explorer. But who still uses IE?? o.o

I checked it on school computer. The person responsible for tech stuff in my school probably works for microsoft because downloading other browsers is punished by death.

Edited by Swiitsy

I fixed the main source of ugliness on IE: the scrollbars that show up when listing stats of an item are now gone. The downside is, on Windows machines, you can't scroll within the button that lists an item's stats, so some items that have a long list of stats will be cut off. (On Macs, you can still scroll within a button.)

Edit: also, added a feature so that if you're viewing a set that you have the right to edit, it'll show an edit button that brings you to the edit page. But remember, you can only edit a set if it's one of your latest 10. (Otherwise, you should copy it instead.)

Edited by Jon

I fixed the main source of ugliness on IE

fix the ugliness of your iop's hair too pls

14 people like this

some people like lesbian hair

10 people like this

Thank you so much for this. Awesome, and will only get better :-D

1 person likes this

Some major updates today. I'll post a brief summary of the important ones; you can read a full rundown in the article I posted.

• Settings: You can now visit the Settings page and select some default options that will reduce the amount of clicking you need to finish your set. You can, for example, set which Dofuses you want to automatically be added to any new set you create, or which of your stats are scrolled. This lets you customize your usage much more.
  • Adding entire sets at once: You can now add all items belonging to a set in a single click, via the new "Equip a full set" interface. On that page, you'll find a list of sets within your level range, as well as the full set bonus.
  • Critical Hit table: Every set has a critical hit table on it now, which shows you what type of Turquoise Dofus you need to reach a certain threshold. For example, if your set shows a +17 Turquoise Dofus bringing you "1/2 until 1/40," that means you will be 1/2 on every spell and weapon that has a critical hit rate of 1/40 or lower (i.e. 1/30, 1/20, 1/10). For those of you who are used to Dofusbook's formatting, this might take a few minutes to get used to, but I think it makes much more sense this way.

Ala and Coopers have also been working hard on getting new stuff into the database. We're slowly getting them all in.

Edit: also I realized there are still ugly ass giant scroll bars on the add item / add set interface for Windows users. Idk what I'm going to do to fix that (why does Microsoft insist on making everything ugly af) because the only solution I can come up with right now disables scrolling altogether, which is bad because some of the stats overflow and need to be scrolled to be read fully. And Mac users can scroll just fine without the scrollbars in the way. When I have more time I'll look into this in more detail.

Edited by Jon
7 people like this

Edit: also I realized there are still ugly ass giant scroll bars on the add item / add set interface for Windows users. Idk what I'm going to do to fix that (why does Microsoft insist on making everything ugly af) because the only solution I can come up with right now disables scrolling altogether, which is bad because some of the stats overflow and need to be scrolled to be read fully. And Mac users can scroll just fine without the scrollbars in the way. When I have more time I'll look into this in more detail.

idk maybe this helps : http://jsfiddle.net/hQkFH/3/

1 person likes this

idk maybe this helps : http://jsfiddle.net/hQkFH/3/

Interesting solution. Maybe I'll try that if all else fails, but I feel like using too many JQuery effects opens the way to bulkiness and potential glitchiness.

A couple of minor, minor updates, which are barely worth mentioning, but here they are anyway.

• I've changed the default level back to 200, because I realized there's no point in starting sets at level 1 when there's no gear for that level yet.
  • If you accidentally link someone to the edit page of your set, it'll now automatically redirect them to the proper view page.
  • Sets/items are being added still!

Also, if anyone is interested in traffic stats...

• Over the last 10 days (which is how long I've had Google Analytics set up, so launch day traffic was unreported), we've had 348 unique visitors, 658 sessions (so most people come back more than once), and 13,436 page views.
  • 62% of visits were from Windows, versus 16% from Mac (and that Mac number is inflated because I visited the site so many times for testing purposes). Which means I really need to get on that Windows scrollbar issue, ugh. (The rest of the visits were from mobile devices and Linux.)
  • 809 sets have been made so far.

So anyway, please continue to help spread the word about Dofus Planner. If someone links you a set in Dofusbook, let them know that they don't have to keep using a site in a language they don't understand. Ty.

6 people like this

where's the delete set button? i cant see it clearly ;(