• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jon

DofusPlanner.com - a set creator for the international community

393 posts in this topic

dofusplanner.png

dofusplanner.com

Dofus Planner is a website I created for the purpose of creating/planning Dofus sets. I made Dofus Planner originally because there was not a good set planning tool for English-speaking players, and I believed I could make improvements over existing set creators.

I'll tell you a couple of ways we differentiate ourselves from other similar websites.
Disposable sets
Dofus Planner projects are burner sets: you're supposed to create as many as you want, share them, and then forget about them. We encourage making new sets over editing existing ones, because we don't want someone to click a link to one of your old sets, only to find that it has been completely changed. Dofus Planner sets are never deleted, even if you dissociate one from your account. They're meant to be forever!
Quickness
Dofus Planner wants to streamline the set planning process for you. Besides the concept of disposable sets, we have a number of other features that help with this.
- Making a new project takes literally one click!
- Similarly, editing a set takes fewer clicks than other sites.
- You don't have to even register to start planning sets.
Unlimited set creation
There's no limit to how many sets you can make, so you never have to worry about filling up your account.
Mobile-friendliness
Dofus Planner is 100% mobile-friendly (and tablet-friendly), so you can use it while on the go.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy Dofus Planner, and I would also appreciate it if you helped me spread the word about it.

Please report any bugs, typos, or other errors in this thread, or by PMing me. (We have a bunch of threads scattered throughout various forums and communities online, but this is the thread I check the most frequently.) You may also contact Ala or Coopers for item/stat related issues, as they have administrative privileges and have been a great help in getting stuff inputted to the database.

Planned future features
There are a number of missing features, because we're still new. Here are some limitations we're already aware of, and plan to add in the future:

• Item recipes -- lets you automatically compile a list of resources required to craft your set.
  • Favorite items -- lets you pin items for faster access.
  • Search by stat.

Enjoy!

Edited by Jon
45 people like this

Seems like a neat Engish option to Dofusbook, first thing I noticed was I can't "add all items of set" or preview these? It's either that or I'm just doing it all wrong!

Bar that 'tis nice.

Seems like a neat Engish option to Dofusbook, first thing I noticed was I can't "add all items of set" or preview these? It's either that or I'm just doing it all wrong!

Bar that 'tis nice.

You're right, that is not possible atm. I'll add it to the list of planned/future features.

2 people like this

An English Dofusbook-type website? I'm down. Pinning this.

You aren't able to edit the individual items stats in this?

You aren't able to edit the individual items stats in this?

No, you aren't. Exos and overmages (which are pretty much the only reason you'd want to edit stats) are managed on a global per-set basis, at the right side under base stats.

No, you aren't. Exos and overmages (which are pretty much the only reason you'd want to edit stats) are managed on a global per-set basis, at the right side under base stats.

I wouldn't say that's the only reason. If I already know the stats of my items that I've bought / made then it can make sense to tailor Dofusbook to these exact specifications to get a closer resemblance to a possible outcome. Adding all the finer details will take time but every little touch will make it nicer in the long run.

3 people like this

needs elemental spells added as well, i want to see my boomerang damage yo

5 people like this

but you don't even play

4 people like this

I wouldn't say that's the only reason. If I already know the stats of my items that I've bought / made then it can make sense to tailor Dofusbook to these exact specifications to get a closer resemblance to a possible outcome. Adding all the finer details will take time but every little touch will make it nicer in the long run.

That's true. However, I wanted to minimize the amount of clicking you need to do to complete actions. For example, on Dofus Book, because they let you edit item stats individually, removing an item takes 2 clicks. On Dofus Planner, it takes 1. (It was also easier for me to code it this way :lol:)

On that note, I also just changed the default set configuration to have all stats scrolled, which hopefully saves everyone another 6 clicks, since I'm pretty sure most people would have checked them off anyway.

Idk how I forgot about these. I even had code to accommodate elementary spells. They're there now.

Edited by Jon

but you don't even play

mage me mp xa and i sub ok

also ty jon for fixing

Edited by Karalee

Tried it, work great. Thanks Jon.

No more "connexion" from dofusbook :lol:

Is there currently any way to remove sets without clearing your cookies? It would be handy to have a delete button for the "set history" column. In addition, being able to un-favorite a set. Basically a little more control on the homepage to remove errors, without having to clear everything.

Forgive me if these exist already, just my initial thoughts from playing around with it :) Added to favorites!

No more "connexion" from dofusbook :lol:

Is there currently any way to remove sets without clearing your cookies? It would be handy to have a delete button for the "set history" column. In addition, being able to un-favorite a set. Basically a little more control on the homepage to remove errors, without having to clear everything.

Forgive me if these exist already, just my initial thoughts from playing around with it :) Added to favorites!

You can un-favorite a set on the homepage by clicking on the star next to the set you want to remove. You cannot clear set history without clearing cookies, but the set history only holds your last 10 sets, so once you go past that, they'll be automatically cleared for you.

Edit: I just realized clicking the star to un-favorite a set is actually glitched. Oops! I just fixed that; thanks for making me double check. It should now work.

Edited by Jon

Yay! It seemed like the option was there, just wasn't working. Thanks for the quick fix

How do you apply exo mages, and the base stats? i type them in and i dont see anywhere to apply.

amazing!!! its superb :D

How do you apply exo mages, and the base stats? i type them in and i dont see anywhere to apply.

Red save button at the top right of the page. Hitting "enter" from one of the text boxes should also work.

amazing!!! its superb :D

Thank you. :)

Good job.

Bookmarked

Do you plan on a subcategory for weapons, mounts and pets?

nice work, love the fact everything's alphabetical jk i first thought it was, anyways are you working on adding an ''equip full set'' feature? i don't find it too tedious to equip each and every part but would be handy for lazy people (me), once again good job on this

Edited by Cafe

this is awesome. it still needs a bit of work but its very nice already.

Layout could use some serious work.

First off, good job on doing this. It's something I think was needed for the dofus international community for quite some time and that replaces other similar websites.

I like how it's got a sort of dofus client look to it. And ad-free ;D

I think that on dofusbook, at least at some point, people used to edit item stats to "mimic" other not-yet-released items or freshly new items that weren't still on their database.

I also think that editing item stats would be extremely useful for things like Turquoise Dofus. Eventually it's bound to get set to a fixed value, but until then sets can vary based on the turq value.

A search feature would be useful so the level range isn't the only search feature available. I don't if it's already implemented, but I couldn't find it.

And possibly a set feature, so you can equip / unequip / search for full sets and check their respective bonuses.

I'm sure most if not all of this are probably on your to-do list!

Good job on it and hope you keep it up :)