• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Hyphy-Shield

The "What gear should I use" thread

4123 posts in this topic
See, I'm an Osa. As an Osa I want to make sure that I can do my job, which is damage, support and occasional summon-nuking.

Well, simple. Just calculate the damage.

Animal Healing (allies): 258 max. (assuming you have 400 base int, and include the +190 int from set and +17 heals.

Punch of the Crackler: 374 max

Ghostly Claw: 251 max

Crow: 153 max

Whip: 1455 max (1763 if str scrolled)

Unmaged Tynril Rhizome: ~411 max / ~481 with staff skill

Firemaged Tynril Rhizome: ~457 max / ~540 with staff skill

Now if you have str scrolled:

Unmaged Tynril Rhizome: ~440 max / ~522 with staff skill

Firemaged Tynril Rhizome: ~467 max / ~554 with staff skill

Does that look good to you? lol. If it does, there you go, if not then no. I think the damage is fairly low for a high level, spell-wise. But I suppose the staff damage is nice. Of course fire maged stormcloud staff: ~575 max / 698 max with weapon skill. x 2 a turn seems way better.

Stats I used: 400 base int + 190 (aka int scrolled, pumped til 400). I'd go stormcloud... way more damage, but you lose a little strength but it makes up with some %dmg, which isn't bad. Harder to get, but look at the damage... its definitely worth it. It also gives 5 more crits.. which means:

1/24 crit rate with 0 agility. That's not bad, I have ~that many crits on some spells on my iop and I crit like crazy. But with 101 scrolled agi you get 1/12 crits... which is definitely no 1/2, but you should crit fairly often... just to toss it out there... 682 max / 845 with weapon skill. on a crit... definitely nice. It'd infact be a little higher because stormcloud's got 15 more %dmg (25% but -10 because 10 less int) and its also got up to +12 fire dmg. Sooo, ~600 dmg with no buffs per swing. Sounds nice to me... since i'm in a damage rut, wis cra.... no matter what weapon I use the damage will be fail compared to a build that actually has soft caps to pump stats :'(... anywho GO STORMCLOUD EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DIE TRYING TO GET IT. Edit: Unless you're trying to do earth/neutral damage... >_>

Edited by VcentG

Well, all stats would be scrolled. :) Thanks for crunching the numbers, Vcent! Helped a lot <3

Need to rethink my set then I suppose, I definitely want more out of animal healing.

Well, all stats would be scrolled. :) Thanks for crunching the numbers, Vcent! Helped a lot <3

Need to rethink my set then I suppose, I definitely want more out of animal healing.

No prob. The real credit goes to whoever made http://dofucalc.co.cc/ and apparently Sljm for updating it. And whoever made http://www.evilissexy.com/dofusplayground/crithitcalc.php .But yeah... thats exactly what I was thinking. Animal Healing would be pretty low.. which for the AP cost isn't that great...

Would it be too bad to toss out kolosso and get stringsecticide? You get about double heals, still get AP bonus for set, so you can keep weapon slot for whatever you choose.(GOGO STORMCLOUD). Just by adding 240 more int from perfect string, animal healing jumps from the old 258 max to 362 max. Which is a nice considerable amount higher. Especially when you consider its ranged, and all that good stuff. Not eni healing but you know :P

Stormcloud gets a bit weaker, but I only put 25+ dmg... soooo if you add whatever +fire dmg you get from non-kolosso stuff... I'm sure you end up with it being fairly in range since it hits 3x. But hey... you can heal ~200 more hp a turn. Your whip will inevitably be weaker... but whip is so conditional... although helpful at times but bleh. Sacrifices must be made I suppose.

Btw feel free to come to aermyne and help me get glad bworker set. *sigh* XD

I'd love to stop by Aermyne sometime but I have this habit of making characters on other servers and then never following through with them. >:

on-topic, I don't really want to throw out Kolosso for String, I want to keep my Osa dealing some pretty good damage. Considering I usually vuln fire with the Panda, that is.

Osa spells never really hit hard but the terrible thing is the drop from Animal Healing.

Here's to hoping Frigost 3 brings in some nice +Str/+Heals gear...

I'd love to stop by Aermyne sometime but I have this habit of making characters on other servers and then never following through with them. >:

on-topic, I don't really want to throw out Kolosso for String, I want to keep my Osa dealing some pretty good damage. Considering I usually vuln fire with the Panda, that is.

Osa spells never really hit hard but the terrible thing is the drop from Animal Healing.

Here's to hoping Frigost 3 brings in some nice +Str/+Heals gear...

I feel ya ;).

Edit: Screw it I'll throw in a few requests:

Class: Sadida

Build: Str/Int

Kamas/time available: GOGOGO TOO MUCH TIME

Current team: Team is more or less in sig.. I think its accurate.

Level: As close to 160 as possible. (aka not 190 sets XD)

Extra comments: Here's the problemo... I'm trying to increase my sadis damage output, while keeping the build I enjoy. So I figured, hey, aggressive is pretty cool with 1/2 and I'm past 150 now so I can get the ring. And aggressive is fairly nice, but its 1 per cast. And like cuff I had my eye on Tynril Rhizome I'm looking for a way to keep 10 AP, without weapon or a ring slot used. I haven't found a really decent way to do it. My only thought is to use obsidemon + PDB for 9 AP... but I'd reaaaally like 10 AP. Any thoughts/ideas? D:

Class: Iop

Build: Agi/Int

Level: Around 170.

Extra comments: Iop is currently in ceremonial + limbo. It's cool but its time for a new set. I know frigost has sets but have you tried those dungeons? They're hard as hell! Why is tengu so hard for a lvl 17X set! XD And of course no one on my server really has the stuff or for sale. I also don't like buck anear... the -dodge makes it really gay to me. I mean thats part of why I love agi, moving around enemies. -20 dodge from that set is crazy! Anywho, I'm looking to keep 10 AP, decent agi and int... overall being better than ceremonial.

Class: Enu

Build: Wis/Cha

Level: 16X-17X

Extra comments: Just want to hear what people say here really... I see a lot of higher level enus wearing doro's and its like... boo. Obviously mopy is a good choice, but who knows, lets see what people say.

Set check:

Class: Cra

Build: Wis/Cha/Int

Level: 18X-19X

Full Glad Bworker + Ougaammulet + Gelano (upgrading to awmigawd ring whenever I can actually get it... aka years from now). Not really sure what weapon to use. This is good? Yes no maybe so? If not what switches should I make.

AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS HOW YOU MAKE A BIG SET REQUEST POST.

Edited by VcentG

Class: Ecaflip

Build: Agillity

Kamas/time available: Doesn't matter ( Dead server so have to hunt myself )

Lvl range: 13x

Extra comments:

I was thinking about :

Hat ) Solomonk

Cape ) Caracape Minotoris

Amulet ) Spring Leaf

Belt ) Light Treeckler Belt

Boots ) harry's Boots

Ring ) Dragon Pig Ring

Ring ) Ceremonal Rat Lord Ring ( Ap Maged )

Weapon ) Abatz Sword ( Agi maged )

Pet ) Almond/Ebony ( We only have 1 Emerald on server kost 3.5 so nvm )

;)

Class: Ecaflip

Build: Agillity

Kamas/time available: Doesn't matter ( Dead server so have to hunt myself )

Lvl range: 13x

Extra comments:

I was thinking about :

Hat ) Solomonk

Cape ) Caracape Minotoris

Amulet ) Spring Leaf

Belt ) Light Treeckler Belt

Boots ) harry's Boots

Ring ) Dragon Pig Ring

Ring ) Ceremonal Rat Lord Ring ( Ap Maged )

Weapon ) Abatz Sword ( Agi maged )

Pet ) Almond/Ebony ( We only have 1 Emerald on server kost 3.5 so nvm )

Skip Spring Leaf... what do you need +2 range and no wisdom for? XD. Get Dreggon Amulet and Ceremonial Cape unless you really want those resists... And why only 8 AP? I'm guessing bluff is your ranged attack... and since level 6 is 3 AP, might as well get that. Unless you plan to just spam felines til you can sword.

Spring leaf for Rekop. the extra rang.

Yea those resist are nice from carecape minotoris, %dmg and a small amount of agillity.

And Ceremonal Ap maged for the 9 ap ;).

Just trying something new.

Spring leaf for Rekop. the extra rang.

Yea those resist are nice from carecape minotoris, %dmg and a small amount of agillity.

And Ceremonal Ap maged for the 9 ap ;).

Just trying something new.

If you're going agi/rekop then I'd get 10 AP. Double rekop is all the rage. Plus when you get to higher levels like 18X you can combine Mopy with Korriander Set for cha/agi so your rekops do more damage and if you use bluff at all, that will do decent damage no matter what it rolls.

Class: Feca

Build: Int (currently wis/leech)

Kamas/time available: Lowish amount of kamas, same with time

Current team: 15X Cha/wis Cra, 14X Str Sadi,

Level: 85

Extra comments:

Right now I'm just leeching my feca. I'm thinking about resetting around 112 and busting out creizy wand. I feel like the int damage would help me to farm mopy and the last remaining moo mats (scalps/fabs). Would it be best for me to stay wis and get int/damage gear and 1/2 on creizy or should I reset and go full int to help with BG damage and such. Also, would a 10 ap set be better (PDB/PDC) or should I just go with a 8 or 9 ap set. Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

(server Zato if it matters)

This is just a specific question.

Kryst O'ball vs God Rod, the 1 ap on God Rod is nice to get to 9 ap easier, but lower damage and it has 1/30 crit fail vs Kryst with 1/50

Is 9 AP needed? If it is then definately get the God Rod, if the extra AP is going to benefit you that much then it's worth it. However if you can live with 8 AP and actually want to be able to deal some form of damage with your weapon then get the Kryst, it's all down to preferance.

I only need 8 base ap since I'm an eni and I'll always have stim, I should have mentioned that sorry. Kryst it is then.

Hi guys.. im looking for budget int gear for lvl 50s or so..

im currently a lvl 35 int cra running around in gobbal, i just bought a red scara set (above average int) so im looking for other pieces to fill up my 50s set.

Im generally going for as much int as i can since i only pvm..

I dont really have any cash after buying the scara set =/..

Class: Eni

Build: Wis/Cha

Kamas/time available: Two weeks time and 200kk

Current team: I don't really have a team, but with my guild I'm able to farm the blop dungeon.

Lvl range: 70-90

Extra comments: I'm on heroic.

Alright since this is heroic and any good gear is out of the question... here is my idea.

http://dsc.dofusworks.com/11/reports/4d29640ee1a38.html

I'll farm the royal indigo blop, and farm/buy the turko pieces.

I'm mostly planning to use this team for PvM, but I will also participate in the aggroing of disgraced players. Also being able to handle myself I get attacked will also come in handy.

Will this set up provide me enough wisdom and such to at least be some what efficient?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a weapon just for statistics for when the extra MP will not be needed. Any suggestions? (Axel is 300kk on this server, and I'm not willing to spend that much on one slot of equipment).

Class: Sacrier

Build: Agi

Kamas/time available: 2 hour per day on average, and about 2mk.

Current team: Sac 15x, Agi Cra 19x, xx Panda

Lvl range: 100 to 160

Extra comments:

I am looking for 2 advices.

1 - Another weapon, that is not a dagger, preferably a staff or a hammer for aoe. Right now I have my options on Zoth Girl Hammer or Sangroku's Staff, but they both seems to need 1/2 to "shine". One friend suggested a air maged Root Well, but seems to need 1/2 also. Does anyone can recommend another weapon? Floramor Root seens nice stats wise, but I want to use it to attack.

2- This is my current set. I urgently need more wisdom, and if possible more vitality.

I was considering scroll more str and get a Buck Anear's Belt, but I do not like the dodge penalty, and Hippy Pants do not give wisdom, or not scroll and get a Parkinn Pan Belt.

Also need to replace the amulet for maybe a Tanukouï San Collar or a Dreggon Amulet.

Asking for advise specially if I did not checked some frigost item.

I don't have interest on replace the daggers, at least until I finish scroll str and can equip Shives.

Class:Sacrier

Build:Chance

Kamas/time available:Maybe 2 hours a day? More on weekend.

Current team:Just the sacrier and a leeching cra.

Lvl range:60~80

Extra comments: Wisdom is a priority of mine.

Build:Chance

Kamas/time available:Maybe 2 hours a day? More on weekend.

Current team:Just the sacrier and a leeching cra.

Lvl range:60~80

Extra comments: Wisdom is a priority of mine.

Akwalda Set + Kam Sutra, to 8 ap , so you can solo koalaks and kanis

Class: Sram

Build: Standard Strength/Agi Hybrid with focus on Strength

Kamas/time: /3/4 hours a day, more required if needed

Current team: Sram/Osa/Sadi/Eni/Iop

Level Range: 140+

statsandequips.png

Basically my question is, is there any improvement I can make on this? Hat can be switched out for Solo but I prefer the wisdom of the Voodoo mask for PvM.

I'm currently at 167 if it helps, by the way~

Edited by Mexiah

Class: Sram

Build: Standard Strength/Agi Hybrid with focus on Strength

Kamas/time: /3/4 hours a day, more required if needed

Current team: Sram/Osa/Sadi/Eni/Iop

Level Range: 140+

statsandequips.png

Basically my question is, is there any improvement I can make on this? Hat can be switched out for Solo but I prefer the wisdom of the Voodoo mask for PvM.

I'm currently at 167 if it helps, by the way~

Took a quick look: Notwithstand ring instead of dp ring

Build: Strength / Agility

Kamas/time available: Maybe around 50mk? I can farm most gear

Current team: A strength team focused around vulning and dealing massive damage quickly. Str / Intel iop, Str sram, Str / Chance cra, Support Panda, Two Intel enis, one Enu, Str/ Agility Sac. All 190+ except panda

Lvl range: 199

What I'm looking for: I would like my sac to be able to lock monsters (at least 100 agility from set), be able to dish out massive amounts of strength damage, and have at least 5500 Vit. Res would be nice, but I'm not sure its needed since our team has two enis. 10 AP base is important. 1/2 on 1/50 is nice, not needed though. 1/2 on 1/35 is needed. I also would like decent prospecting.

Current set: Full sucker, Kim, Chee, Hail boots, MP bherbal belt, Eme/Ging Mount, and strength maged youyettes. Also have a 15 turq.

I like my current set, only problem is 9 ap base. Ochre is out of the question. I can upgrade the Turq to a +19 crit as well.

So options I have thought of are :

Full kolasso , Amigawd, Hail boots, Chee, Kralo, Youyettes. I loose the MP bherbal then.. and don't have another char to use it on.

Amigawd : Amigawd, Kim, Hail boots, MP bherb, Chee, Kralo, Youyettes

As far as weapons go, I think earth maged Youyettes are my best option.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by tar

Godswrath daggs are agi/str I think

Godswrath daggs are agi/str I think

I need a weapon that hits only strength for vulns though. :X

Edited by tar

You already have a really good set. If you want a 10ap base just switch out for 'omg' rings (or whatever they are)

I need a weapon that hits only strength for vulns though. :X

forge mage some peccary str

Edited by wot