• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Hyphy-Shield

The "What gear should I use" thread

4048 posts in this topic

Update: Removed some dead links and added some sets that were still up to the database. I'll keep working on it over the next week.
Well I figure instead of making 100 different threads about the same one question ( perhaps with slight differences ) why not just put it all in to one.
It should looks something like this:

Class:
Build:
Kamas/time available:
Current team:
Lvl range:
Extra comments:
PvP or PvM oriented (Just write which one, if both write both)

When you answer, at the end of your post try to write a summary ( Exe : Sleet boots, Hail Staff, Sleet Amulet ), it will make it easier for others who are doing research later to find what they need. (Especially with the set creator...)

The following people still need set help:

[To be Updated by someone with more time than me]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special thanks to VcentG and everyone else for helping out so many folks, keep up the shmexy work!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Useful links:
Dofusworks.com (Lots of useful stuff)
Dofus Wikia

CREATORS AND CALCULATORS
Dofus Avatar Creator
Dofus damage calculator
Les Enfants d'Herezade (o-o?)
Critical Hit Calculator
Another Set Creator, this one in French

TABLES OF INFO
Dofus Ladder
Dofus Charachter Pages
Mounts of Dofus
Dofus Damage Calculator
How to reset stats

^Stole that off of Heaven Knights (Of Rosal) forum (If anyone wants me to remove it just send me a pm).

I'll make a list on this post with each class, each build for that class, and the lvl range.( I'll add crit variations / specific builds as they come ).

-Cra-

*PvM*
140+ Int/Crit build
195+ 1/2 to 1/50 +17turq Agi cra
180+ Wis/Agi/Cha set
150+ (Mainly)Str/Agi cra
Wis Cra Guide (Old) all levels.
185+ Str/Cha

*PvP*
80+ Wis/Chance set 10ap/5mp

-Ecaflip-

*PvM*
130+ Agi set
199+ Str, 10/5, +6 range
150 Str/Vit, 10/6, Exo 1/2.

*PvP*
100+ Rekop build

-Eniripsa-

*PvM*
120 Int/Heals set
100-120 Int/crit set (see post above it for additional information)
200 Healbot/Damage Eni set
160 Chance/int eni (poor mans build)
199 Int equipment discussion thread.

*PvP*
199+ Int, 1/2, 12/5, Ochre.
135 Int/Wis, 10/6

-Enutrof-

*PvM*
190-200 PP set
180+ Int/Agi set
130+ Cha set
130+ Int enu set
185+ Chance 1/2 to 1/50 +18 Turq
180 chance/enu set (poor mans build)
199+ Chance 1/2 all spells, no turq.
190~ Cha/Wis/PP (Cheap)

*PvP*
199-200 PvP Chance/Agility, Ochre

-Feca-

*PvM*
185-199 Full Int/Support
190+ Int/Wis
170~ Str/Crit (Alternative)
199+ Str/Int/Wis, 10/5
199+ Str/Wis, 10/5
199+ Int/Wis, 10/5
199+ Hybrid, 1/2(?), 10/5

*PvP*

-Iop-

*PvM*
140-160 1/2 Celestial iop +13 Turq
199+ Strength 1/2 all spells, no turq.
199+ Str. 10/4 (12/5 w/ ochre + Exo MP+AP)

*PvP*

-Osamodas-

*PvM*
200 general osa set

*PvP*
Pre 100 osa set (Heroic server)
110+ Vit/Summon osa

-Pandawa-

*PvM*
110 int panda set/This is also an alternative
200 str/support panda 7mp/10ap
120+ Chance panda set
199+ Agility 1/2 all spells, no turq.
199+ Agi, 10/6, 1/2 Sunshade

*PvP*

-Sacrier-

*PvM*
60+ Chance/wis set
120+ Cha/Agi set
<150 Agi/Crit set
199 Str, 1/2 from 1/50, +19 Turq
199 Str/Agi, 10/6.

*PvP*
190+ Int/Chance set
60+ Chance set
199+ Agi, 12/4, 5.5K hp, see other setups as well.

-Sadida-

none yet

-Sram-

none yet

-Foggernaut-

*PvM*
199+ Str/Int, 1/2, +13 Turq, 10/4.
199+ Str/Int, 1/2, +20 Turq, + 50% Crimson, Ochre, 12/5. (Ideal set)

*PvP*

-Xelor-

*PvM*
199+ Int 1/2 all spells, no turq.

*PvP*
200 str/wis/crit xelor +13 Turq
200 Str/%damage set +13 Turq
200 Str/Chance/Crit 1/2 clock and Xelors punch. +12 Turq
(Those 3 links are a response to the same question, but I felt they were all viable answers, one also by scorp if you scroll down from the last link)

~Special thanks to the doctor~

Hey folks, just came down here to delete some dead links off the original post, and to say that you guys are the best. Keep helping out those new players, and keep being the best community in Dofus :D

Edited by Hyphy-Shield
1 person likes this

Definitely pin this.

gladiator set + tot amu and tot cloak + buck anear ring + thrusty staff and emerald and ginger mount sounds good....

that is a good set but u need time to drop items...nvm u need a end game set i think^^

Definitely pin this.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Double agree, I bet it would have more pages than the Official newbie question thread in just a couple months.

Lot's of agreeing not much helping :[

Helps more than your post! :D

gladiator set + tot amu and tot cloak + buck anear ring + thrusty staff and emerald and ginger mount sounds good....

This sounds like a pretty staple engame Feca set, though I'd definitely go for Stormcloud nowadays if possible!

Might look into other rings though, and I'm not sure why you'd go em/ginger (surely plum/em would be better), but these are up to the player's preference.

In the guts thread I saw two endgame fecas who used a 10ap set with the omg ring, looked nice.

In the guts thread I saw two endgame fecas who used a 10ap set with the omg ring, looked nice.

Yeah that's kind of what I was hinting toward haha. Of course, you won't be able to do that until 194.

To be honest having alot of +int isnt as good as a balanced %/+dmg. I know yoi are a feca but lets be real glad>string in many ways. Theres a cheaper way and theres the more effective way. If you want alot of +int go for full string and kanninal mask, maybe a gelano for 10 ap, up to you however ive been there done that. So IF you are gonna go wih better hits, more range and more vit glad is the way togo. You are a feca so luckily dont need to focus much on resists. If you get a glad set you can use a tot cloak and any 3 crit ring for 1/2 in 1/30 spells and thrusty.

Thrusty with 1/2 is bare minimum base line, and Thrusty without 12ap is lame. If you don't have access to an Eni, don't go Thrusty.

Stephammer in full Glad +Gelano +fillers will do the same average damage as 1/2 crit Thrusty with a larger AoE and most importantly, steal. So if you can manage, Full Glad+ Gelano (Awmigawd Band) + Tot Amulet (Sleet Amulet) + Tot cloak (Ink Veil) + Stephammer, preferably with each equipment overmaged by ~20 intelligence. A few use Kralomansion, which I don't see the point. Sleet will have approximately equal stats without the extra range and summon which you can live without, and will boost intelligence you'll need for armors.

Alternatively you can use the above set with Az'tech if you prefer higher damage.

As for my part:

Class: Iop

Build: 1/2 Celestial Aglity

Kamas/time available: Less so on kamas, plentiful time

Current team: 9 characters of 199~13x

Lvl range: 14x~15x

Extra comments: Currently running in MTC+Bijitz (+5)+Young Vlad (+3) + DP Ring (+4) + Black Rat Belt (+4) + Golden Hogs (+8) + Solomonk (+7) + Dreggon Amulet (+2) + Turq (+11) = 44 crits. I'd like to upgrade on vit and wis. Currently working on Kaliptus Headband (+5) + Buck Anear's Belt (+4) + Buck Anear's Hook (+4) + Tenfu (+3) + MP Golden Hogs (+8) + Dreggon Amulet (+2) + Notwithstanding Ring (+4) + Bijitz (+5) + Turq (+11) = 46.

About 20 fails on MP Hogs atm, I'm dreading to do anymore of this maging to perfection and destroying, rinse and repeat :D Also the set I'm working towards is a tad far away as I'm only 142 currently. Any input regarding a better set or stepping stones to get to the hypothesised set would be much appreciated.

My question:

Class: Xelor

Build: Cha/Agi

Kamas/time available: Few kamas/time, but I'm in no hurry!

Current team: 3 characters, 174 xelor (in ancestral set... ), 13x + 15x Enis.

Lvl range: 18x

I figured this would be a pretty awesome set up for a Xelor, and I haven't ever see it used before!

Currently I have everything scrolled up to 101 apart from vit and int (49). All points into wis, however something screwed up and it seems some went into str to get it up to 101... I have no idea D:

I don't particularly mind hunting a few diamonds, and I'm sure this set up will need a few.

I was thinking Korriander set + odourless boots + Mopy king hat and ring + Bherbal belt (1/2 clock/axe would be cool :D )

Haven't run it through any set maker or anything yet though, and it's bed time!

Any ideas/improvements would be awesome!

As for my part:

Class: Iop

Build: 1/2 Celestial Aglity

Kamas/time available: Less so on kamas, plentiful time

Current team: 9 characters of 199~13x

Lvl range: 14x~15x

Extra comments: Currently running in MTC+Bijitz (+5)+Young Vlad (+3) + DP Ring (+4) + Black Rat Belt (+4) + Golden Hogs (+8) + Solomonk (+7) + Dreggon Amulet (+2) + Turq (+11) = 44 crits. I'd like to upgrade on vit and wis. Currently working on Kaliptus Headband (+5) + Buck Anear's Belt (+4) + Buck Anear's Hook (+4) + Tenfu (+3) + MP Golden Hogs (+8) + Dreggon Amulet (+2) + Notwithstanding Ring (+4) + Bijitz (+5) + Turq (+11) = 46.

About 20 fails on MP Hogs atm, I'm dreading to do anymore of this maging to perfection and destroying, rinse and repeat :D Also the set I'm working towards is a tad far away as I'm only 142 currently. Any input regarding a better set or stepping stones to get to the hypothesised set would be much appreciated.

I'd urge against it, 1/2 CS is somewhat like 1/2 Zoth Girl Hammer, its not worth it if you don't have enough agi to back it up. Also, imho without the class ring its just not as fun <_<

Once you hit shroom level, you can have Full Shroom (11) + Harry Boots / Sandals Bino (4) + Bherbal Bherb Belt (6) + New Agi Ammy (5) + Turq (13+) and you will have another ring slot for Ring Bellious (Class) for awesomeness.

I'd urge against it, 1/2 CS is somewhat like 1/2 Zoth Girl Hammer, its not worth it if you don't have enough agi to back it up. Also, imho without the class ring its just not as fun :D

Once you hit shroom level, you can have Full Shroom (11) + Harry Boots / Sandals Bino (4) + Bherbal Bherb Belt (6) + New Agi Ammy (5) + Turq (13+) and you will have another ring slot for Ring Bellious (Class) for awesomeness.

How much Agi is enough Agi? The set I'm wearing is +580 Agility, I don't think you can go much higher than that.

I'd urge against it, 1/2 CS is somewhat like 1/2 Zoth Girl Hammer, its not worth it if you don't have enough agi to back it up.

How the fuck does he not have enough Agility? What do you expect him to wear? Mad Tofu? That set gives a shitton of Agi!

The problem is not a lack of Agi... it's that you're limited to 8 AP. Now, you may very well be ok in PvM like that... but that's going to limit you considerably in PvP, since you won't even be able to CS+Jump, especially since you only have 4 MP (3 if you're still unable to mage those hogs lol). So yeah, I'm hoping you weren't intending to PvP in this set.

Also, imho without the class ring its just not as fun ;)

That's true, but there's probably no way he'll be able to fit in a class ring at his level unless he gets a better turq or something. However, he can equip "new agi ammy" (Boy's Own Chain) at 163, which will allow him to drop one of the rings for class while keeping 1/2, then at 170 can drop the hogs and get an actual pair of Harries (or better yet, Binos).

Yeah, this set should solve all your problems, you'll have really good all-around stats with class ring and 9 AP. You'll need a slight upgrade on your Turq though... but that's a ways away anyway.

Meh, I don't plan on PvPing on my Agi Iop after 2 hours of playing her. Short range, unreliable Celestial, one trick pony. The fun in playing her is when you get Stim+ HES + Feline movement for 12AP 8MP, after throwing all the mobs into AoE with my panda.

I'm going to be copying the answers you guys write here, and putting it in the first. So if you could write a summary of what the suggestion is that would make things much easier for me ;).

( So far I updated Fecas 175-200 ).

How the fuck does he not have enough Agility? What do you expect him to wear? Mad Tofu? That set gives a shitton of Agi!

The problem is not a lack of Agi... it's that you're limited to 8 AP. Now, you may very well be ok in PvM like that... but that's going to limit you considerably in PvP, since you won't even be able to CS+Jump, especially since you only have 4 MP (3 if you're still unable to mage those hogs lol). So yeah, I'm hoping you weren't intending to PvP in this set.

As in if he intends to stick with the set without mp hogs. You'll compromising with 8/4, minimal wis and vit for 15 avg increase in base damage for CS. With 600agi + power, that's ~100 more damage per turn...really the goal is to have around 800 agi for 1/2 CS to be worth it. And a decent CC on top of that, without a turq, it'd definitely be Abatz Sword / Furritung, maybe now Buck Anear's Sabre.

Meh, I don't plan on PvPing on my Agi Iop after 2 hours of playing her. Short range, unreliable Celestial, one trick pony. The fun in playing her is when you get Stim+ HES + Feline movement for 12AP 8MP, after throwing all the mobs into AoE with my panda.

I personally feel that its almost the same as int iop in terms of play style, cept without limited LoS per se.

Hmm, a good thread but aren't there going to be problems?

Aside from the obvious that when completed, the original post is going to be WAUIHAI(UDHAUD HUGE, but thats not really a problem :D... There are hybrid builds, adding more.

There are PVP and PVM sets...

There are some people that want a lot more +range and some people that'd just rather have +stat (int/str/agi/cha).

Then on top of all this, in the question form, you want them to ask "Kamas/Time available" this means there can be 2 different sets for each category.

In the end with all those branches its going to be even more huge.

Another thing that I see is that you have set level gaps... AKA 1-50, 51-100, etc. But a lot of things can change easily in short time. Take level 101-150 for instance, an int char is most likely going to be using things like Elya Wood's Cloak/Graytess Cape/Nettlez, all which fit into that range but at a very decent gap apart. So are you going to list each equipment slot with each item? Not to mention, just because there's new items in that range doesn't mean a character would be best using them. An int panda might want that +2 range from elya wood's, another might be pvm only and be fine without it, because they want wisdom instead.

Anyway, I'm scared to post sets here because all the pros will go "OMG NOOB THATS NOT THE BEST SET AT THIS LEVEL", but I've played most characters up til 100 atleast, usually a few different builds so... I do know a few sets but I'm not quite sure on their 'optimal'ness which I'm assuming is the major point of this thread.

@ the OP: I think you're gonna burn yourself out really fast trying to list every single set that people provide. You should instead just provide links to the initial posts for that build, that way people can go see all the details for themselves, and it's a lot less painful for you at the same time. :)

Nice work though, that's a really good idea, and I appreciate the effort you are putting into this. :D

For example, you could do it like this instead:

-Cra-

none yet

-Ecaflip-

none yet

-Eniripsa-

none yet

-Enutrof-

none yet

-Feca-

Group PvM

185-199 Int/Support Feca

-Iop-

Group PvM

140-160 Agi 1/2 CS Iop w/ low Turq

-Osamodas-

none yet

-Pandawa-

none yet

-Sacrier-

none yet

-Sadida-

none yet

-Sram-

none yet

-Xelor-

Group PvM

180-190 Cha/Agi Xelor w/ Korriander

You could just sort the requests as you add them by character purpose (Group PvM, Solo PvP, etc). After that, sort the ones in that category by level range, or whatever else you think would be appropriate. To grab a static link to a specific post, just click the post number at the very top/left corner of the post, and it will give you a URL.

I'm also going to re-post this guy's question because it was missed:

My question:

Class: Xelor

Build: Cha/Agi

Kamas/time available: Few kamas/time, but I'm in no hurry!

Current team: 3 characters, 174 xelor (in ancestral set... ), 13x + 15x Enis.

Lvl range: 18x

I figured this would be a pretty awesome set up for a Xelor, and I haven't ever see it used before!

Currently I have everything scrolled up to 101 apart from vit and int (49). All points into wis, however something screwed up and it seems some went into str to get it up to 101... I have no idea D:

I don't particularly mind hunting a few diamonds, and I'm sure this set up will need a few.

I was thinking Korriander set + odourless boots + Mopy king hat and ring + Bherbal belt (1/2 clock/axe would be cool :P )

Haven't run it through any set maker or anything yet though, and it's bed time!

Any ideas/improvements would be awesome!

Edited by Doctor T

Class: Sram

Build: Agi/Str Scrolled to 101 - Currently 354 Agi/ 104 Str

Kamas/time available: Low kamas, lots of time.

Current team: I has no friends.

Lvl range: I'm 145, looking for a set that will last.

Extra comments: I like to stab things with my daggers.

Class: Sram

Build: Hybrid (Str/Agi)

Kamas/time available: got a nice amount of kamas / not so much time

Current team: Got some friends who can help

Lvl range: atm Im 183

Extra comments: I was thinking to get old school set. Memory Amulet , Chee Cape , Tash Ring , Spore Boots , Pot-Bellied Bracelet , Solomonk , Gagas and Ochre for 9aps (because I really hate gelano). Planing to buy some diamonds and lvl poison and con too.I dont know all frigost items yet but I really prefer to have good res and dmg (I got all items magged to perf res/dmg).

If some-one got better idea share it with me plzz.

Thanks.

Edited by univerzal

As in if he intends to stick with the set without mp hogs. You'll compromising with 8/4, minimal wis and vit for 15 avg increase in base damage for CS. With 600agi + power, that's ~100 more damage per turn...really the goal is to have around 800 agi for 1/2 CS to be worth it. And a decent CC on top of that, without a turq, it'd definitely be Abatz Sword / Furritung, maybe now Buck Anear's Sabre.

I personally feel that its almost the same as int iop in terms of play style, cept without limited LoS per se.

Meh, it'd be nice if she was 170 so I didn't have to scratch my head over 1/50 base and only worry about 1/45 base. But at the rate she's levelling that's not happening anytime soon, yet alone Shroom level.... so yeah.

I've played an Int Iop before, they had more tricks up their sleeves. Fate for infinite linear, Cut for MP loss, SS for mid range consistent damage. Moreover, 11AP on the build makes it so much more viable.

Agi Iops have only SoJ and Celestial which the former isn't much of a use unless using with Class Boots that you won't be using. So unless you can roll out with 12AP I can't imagine holding a good weight in PvP.

Class:enu

Build: Chance/agi possibley throw in some intel for shovel kissing

kamas/time: at the moment not a ton of either but this is a long term goal

current team: none

Level range:199-200

Extra comments: ok so i want to make a level 199 pvp enutrof but im not sure what gear to use. Im almost done with ochre and i can save up the money for a medium ish turq, if i had to i could come up with an 18 or 19 but it would take much longer. I cant afford a bearbarian set but i currently have a sucker set so i think they should probley still work well, Im not actualy 199 yet, im 195 and leveling slowly but by the time i am 199 i should probley have the gear finished. Im almost done fully scrolling, i want to be chance with 1/2 crit on all spells with some agility for unsummoning. I want to know what other people think i should use for pvp, atm i am thinking: pope ory or ombrero, sucker set, kimbos sandals, Bherbal belt, minotot cloak, canni blade.

any help is awsome

-hazze

Class:enu

Build: Chance/agi possibley throw in some intel for shovel kissing

kamas/time: at the moment not a ton of either but this is a long term goal

current team: none

Level range:199-200

Extra comments: ok so i want to make a level 199 pvp enutrof but im not sure what gear to use. Im almost done with ochre and i can save up the money for a medium ish turq, if i had to i could come up with an 18 or 19 but it would take much longer. I cant afford a bearbarian set but i currently have a sucker set so i think they should probley still work well, Im not actualy 199 yet, im 195 and leveling slowly but by the time i am 199 i should probley have the gear finished. Im almost done fully scrolling, i want to be chance with 1/2 crit on all spells with some agility for unsummoning. I want to know what other people think i should use for pvp, atm i am thinking: pope ory or ombrero, sucker set, kimbos sandals, Bherbal belt, minotot cloak, canni blade.

any help is awsome

-hazze

Im not an expert on this but korriander set gives you 2PA, 11 crit, 144-210 agi/chance, OMG ring or Ochre and you will have 10 AP base, you can complete with kimbo sandals, berb belt (for crit) and mush ombrero or depends of your needs.

But lets wait to zred to answer :D