• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAFATT

New Feca Builds/Strategies

105 posts in this topic

Personally Im not a massive fan of the new Rebound/Immunity, but I've found myself using the one that protects from range hits in PvM still, although the melee range one is useless except when using on a 100+ lock char really.

The change I would like, would be +2 range to Natural Attack and +1 range to burning glyph. I've adjusted to diagonal backlash and its nice in some ways, for more range, but frustrating at times too... Bubble is the same to me now but I'd like a slight damage buff, about +3 to base damage would be pretty nice....Cloudy seems to be fine as it is, and blindness lets you hit nicely on an AOE and remove a lot of AP's :D!

The agi spells could each do with 1 more range in my opinion and possibly a little extra damage, it makes it redundant as a full build and doesnt really have the base damage to be used as a second element

Feca's shielding abilities have been reduced... 2 turn armors, no more immunity or rebound. What upsets me most is the change they did to immunity and rebound. In it's place they have bastion and barricade, which reduce melee damage and ranged damage. Problem is, if you're an intel build, they've reduced fecas to mid range fighters. natural attack is only 2 casts per target and unmodifiable 8 range. If you wanted to cast the ranged reduction spell, what's going to stop the enemy from running up to you and wacking you, rendering that spell useless. (Most classes have some form of tele'ing/+mp/swapping/attracting/etc.) And if you are in close range, you cast the melee reduction spell. What stops your enemy from moving 1 square away from you and hitting you with powerful spells? You'd better pray that you have more lock than their dodge. And even if you do lock them, everyone has release and most classes have some form of pushback spell, rendering that shielding spell useless. Bring back immunity please! I understand rebound and immunity were similar and quite redundant spells, but both of them didn't need to change into useless spells. And please make the glyphs a bit more useful...

This class needs a rebalancing from this update.

This can't be right. Many people predicted more than a year ago that Fecas will be buffed.

Isn't today's Fractionless Feca more powerful overall in team play?

dmg wise I guess, but as for survival...not in the least bit

As a pvmer I also like the close combat immunity. I cast it kinda just as a 'hopefully they'll be stupid and still hit me' and a lot of the time they do haha

To be fair, the Melee immunity is good vs quite a few classes... Masq + Iop being primary targets there.... Strength iops have SOI and Pressure as their ranged strength attacks, you can easily prevent a Wrath/SOF combo too ^_^

Feca's shielding abilities in 1vs1 pvp is superior now in my opinion... You can get 40-50% res in 1-2 elements, then feca shield to only take 65% of the total damage... With good crit res and/or linear res, you'll find most players arent hitting you at all :D

Interesting replies. I can see the buff in damage.

But in everyone's experience, have the buffs been strong enough to compensate the loss of Fraction and immunities and the other nerfs overall?

Ankama doesn't support class balance for 1on1 PvP anymore, so that doesn't interest me. I'm more interested in the point-of-view of those who do group PvP, specially 3on3 Kolo.

I don't think anything will make up for fraction. I had a recent fight with an eca iop xel team versus a feca Sac enu team and those shielding spells stalled the death of the Sac a few rounds, but it was easy to just switch to attacking another char/ap raping the sac. previously I would have expected to lose with a team that had no heals or damage reduction, but we won with two chars left. the aura effects are pretty much worthless, and while their damage is better, I don't think this update was really a buff for them.

1 person likes this

Hopefully ankama will re-tweak the spells a bit more to properly balance the class. It seems like the feca has lost quite a bit of it's support role. IMO they should make more effective buffs for Bastion/Barricade.

1 person likes this

I think it'd be interesting for glyphs to give beneficial effects for allies, that could help revive a bit of the support function of fecas. As it is fecas are more of a nuisance than anything else, they don't really do extreme damage, and their glyphs are very circumstantial, but they're not really a threat. Kinda sucks for fecas because they used to be vital for support, but now they're like.. idk an aggressive class without any teeth?

Hey guys, is there actually any very new updated Feca guides? I haven't been on Imps in around 3 - 4 years so maybe shits changed. Thanks

I can just see how obscenly fecas would be if glyphs buffed allys. Even if they still damaged them. Instead of -4mp you gain2? Or gain range or final dmg or ap? As awesome as it'd be and as much as I'd like it it'd take alot of tweaking to pull it off.

Hey guys, is there actually any very new updated Feca guides? I haven't been on Imps in around 3 - 4 years so maybe shits changed. Thanks

Unofrtunately no, and last I checked the spells on the wiki were out of date still.

I can just see how obscenly fecas would be if glyphs buffed allys. Even if they still damaged them. Instead of -4mp you gain2? Or gain range or final dmg or ap? As awesome as it'd be and as much as I'd like it it'd take alot of tweaking to pull it off.

I think the problem is the "aura" character (that's the name right?) of the glyphs instead of the buff/debuff.

If you wouldn't loose the corresponding effect when you leave the glyph (for that turn only off cource),

it would mean a major buff already for the secondary effects, because now there's nothing keeping you inside the glyph (beside the MP rape ofc).

The AP raping glyph is rather big, so needs a lot of MP usage to get out, but like the -range glyph, it makes no sence.

The -range debuff works obviously best at longer range, but at that distance the 2 MP you have to use to get out means just nothing to completely avoid the effects, so those glyphs are more just about damage still...

I think the problem is the "aura" character (that's the name right?) of the glyphs instead of the buff/debuff.

If you wouldn't loose the corresponding effect when you leave the glyph (for that turn only off cource),

it would mean a major buff already for the secondary effects, because now there's nothing keeping you inside the glyph (beside the MP rape ofc).

The AP raping glyph is rather big, so needs a lot of MP usage to get out, but like the -range glyph, it makes no sence.

The -range debuff works obviously best at longer range, but at that distance the 2 MP you have to use to get out means just nothing to completely avoid the effects, so those glyphs are more just about damage still...

I think they are intended for strategy in PvP. You can place the range glyph or AP glyph in such a way that the opponent has to move into LoS and stay there for at least 1 turn to be able to hit you, which they usually wont want to do but they have two choices really: Stay in the glyph and take hits from glyphs, or move out of them so they can attack the feca, and avoid glyph damage, but instead taking dmage from the feca.... Its not great but it can work

I think they are intended for strategy in PvP. You can place the range glyph or AP glyph in such a way that the opponent has to move into LoS and stay there for at least 1 turn to be able to hit you, which they usually wont want to do but they have two choices really: Stay in the glyph and take hits from glyphs, or move out of them so they can attack the feca, and avoid glyph damage, but instead taking dmage from the feca.... Its not great but it can work

I aggree with this.

When writing my previous post I was thinking about that too.

Unfortunatly for me I'm a PvM player and monsters are just too dumb for this kind of stuff.

They know glyphs damage them, but it's not like they are in doubt between getting in a hit-zone or not ^^

So I've really tried to like the new Feca but after playing a few other classes I really can't think where I need my Feca anymore.

Shield duration is too short

No more fraction for endgame content

Fixed range on all intel spells

Awkard range on Str spells

Mediocre Cha spells with range

Is there anyone who likes running the new Feca? If so, what build?

I run an omni feca and it works sufficiently :) Particularly if you spam a Glyph of Repulsion now with a double locking 2-3 monsters <3 a nice 700+ damage per enemy for 2ap :D! But yea, I mostly use the Str/Int spells, as I dont like the damage or range on the Agi spells, particularly for a TF/Freezz Feca... I'll occasionally use the Chance glyph, or bubble, on the rare occasion ill use cloudy as well.

The hits are similar to what they were before, just that the range has changed on the spells really. I would like to be hitting more though, but I need to do crimson dofus questline still anyway :P I reckon in a good Omni sets, fecas are pretty good still for both PvM and PvP.

I love the gravitational glyph too, it has helped so much when running things like Nileza (the Snowdew room!!) and Peki Impertinence (Agi feca or 100+ lock, keep peki locked next to you = gg)

Would you nto keep the 300 int/vit + 200 wis base for both setups?

wrong, both are 600 vit/300 int

I'm surprised there's no small tweaks to fecas in this recent update.

I'm surprised there's no small tweaks to fecas in this recent update.

I guess the French community is happy with it.

wrong, both are 600 vit/300 int

there werent when I checked them originally, it showed one of the sets to have 300 vit/int and 200 wis base

Fecas arent dreadful, they just arent particularly amazing at shielding allies now xD You can just get TF set on most chars with some power/res% fillins, like Karm, Bearbaric Set, Mischief Hat and Xa cloak, then use the new Feca Shield and then that one character wont take massive damage :D It works for when you're keeping a character close to the mob for a while, or locking things with a srams double

my sac die in first turn of missiz dung (1 room 8 loot) before he even move... no point to tank frigo 3