• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAFATT

New Feca Builds/Strategies

105 posts in this topic

Not unbewitchable.

Looks like some nice changes, didn't get a chance this week to try things out on the test server but I'm just so confused as to what I want to focus on. It seems the secondary roles of each element (fire-MP reduction, Earth - AP reduction etc.) could make it fairly difficult to balance damage with utility if you want to hybridise, but I guess that's the payoff you make.

Would love for a gorgeous AP+MP reduction str/intel set but anything I make seems to be really lacking in either wis stats or hits like a wet fish.

Would love for a gorgeous AP+MP reduction str/intel set but anything I make seems to be really lacking in either wis stats or hits like a wet fish.

nothing new here :P and even if you find a semi-suitable set it's gonna have close to none dodge (eventhough new teleport might force me to reconsider importance of dodge for fecas)

Fecas still are a waste and easy to beat.

Thank you so much for your extensive contribution to the discussion.

2 people like this

You are welcome, it's always good to be short and to the point rather than extensive and mindless.

You are welcome, it's always good to be short and to the point rather than extensive and mindless.

Rather than?

I think the Feca changes are going to be interesting, very controversial but it's going to be exciting to see how people will react after beta server is over. As for myself I think keeping Feca main will still be fine, I'll need to adapt to a new play style perhaps but that shouldn't be a problem, if anything it's going to help a lot of people and add a new perspective. I was sad that they changed the Feca and if they offered, I wouldn't mind having the old Feca back but I'm still excited for the new changes.

2 people like this

It's a pretty big revamp and they lost a lot of key things that made them good. They don't really have much and the effects of the glyphs are only good until you walk off them which is pretty bad. Shields reduce but only 2 turns. Damage isn't too high unless intel. Lack of range on most things. Yeah they are done

It's a pretty big revamp and they lost a lot of key things that made them good. They don't really have much and the effects of the glyphs are only good until you walk off them which is pretty bad. Shields reduce but only 2 turns. Damage isn't too high unless intel. Lack of range on most things. Yeah they are done

I disagree but that might only be because you view power as the winning factor whereas for myself being a Feca main, having that tiny bit extra of map manipulation, extra steals for every element, an AOE on blindness and just an overall more fun class to play and additional features the like of which feca's have never seen before.

The way of perceiving the new Feca changes seems to be very corrupt by everyone, it's not a matter of can I 1v1 this player, no? my class must suck. It's based hundreds of factors but I believe the enjoyment of the class should always be the highest contributing factor which, for myself and should be for everybody, they have made Fecas more entertaining and interested to play whilst opening up more opportunities for us.

1 person likes this

No matter how fun seeing new spells do things and using new abilities are, losing is not fun and being a weak class isn't either lol

Here's an idea, instead of practising new Feca builds and strategies, lets practice our trolling skills on the IV forums.

Here's an idea, instead of practising new Feca builds and strategies, lets practice our trolling skills on the IV forums.

As if there wasn't enough already..

my feca is a higher level in beta than regular server....fml

File:Magikarp_used_splash_by_i_liek_ditt

Edit: please insert cool magikarp-using-splash here (fail forum skills)

Any Beta user can tell me if new agi damage is any good? (is agi viable now besides dodge?)

Edited by elegast

So the update is now live... what builds/gears/tactics are you rolling with?

First impressions is that 6 MP is probably more desirable now with these range fixed spells. Initially I thought Int/Str was better, but if you want to use Lethargy, dodge seems to be more important than ever making Int/Agi probably working well. With Aggressive Glyph and Shiver, Fecas have map manipulation at their disposal (barring Release).

Also is Barricade and Bastion worth levelling? Seems an awful lot of spell points to invest to get 1 cd down finally at level 6

Nearly enough to stop being Int and going die-hard Str with Reinforced Protection perhaps but diagonal Backlash seems like a pain.

Edited by Pentecost

I've stuck with the Freezz/TF stuff at the moment but I'm also debating changing up my fecas build... I dont want to change it to Strength because backlash is now a nuisance to cast in most cases, and whilst blindness isnt so bad, it isnt enough really :(

For PvP Fecas, Int/Agi/Str with the QoT Str/Int/Cha set could be quite nice with some res% fillins... a Feca with 50% res before feca shield/reinf protection before the update is now a lot stronger thanks to the new feca shield

For PvM, Full Int might be the best option. You're limited on range and may benefit nicely from some good +dodge in your set, but I presume the standard Age old set + Nom boots/ring + Flinty daggers should pull that off nicely, or perhaps the new int/agi items from Xelorium. It'd let you hit reasonably well with the agi spells as well then :D

Is the agi damage or map manip good enough to even consider using?

imo only when you can hit more then 1 in the AoE?

Or you guys think it's better then it looks now?

in TF/Freezz im getting no agi so the agi spells are level 1 and hit like shit xD But int/agi is probably the best PvP build for locking, then dodging for lethargy and wall locking again :P

I'm going with int/power and 10AP/6MP in cheap gear.

I've maxed int spells, reinforced protection, a few glyphs (burning, paralyzing, repulsing) and all damage reduction spells except barricade.

It's only for group PvM

My feca was kind of useless before, it doesn't seem to be any worse now.

I ended up just making a cra, fecas got too complicated for my brain to juggle.

1 person likes this

the only complication i notice is the lack of good gear for feca,

no hybrid gear with good MP red available (and/or good %res)

Best i could find yet is levitrof with 80 power trophy (no 1/2); but bad MP red and semi-decent res (rather good stats though)

Best i could find yet is levitrof with 80 power trophy (no 1/2); but bad MP red and semi-decent res (rather good stats though)

Understanding the different states and such.

The only state you havhave to worry about is when you use reinforced protection, you can't cast who shields for several turns.

Edited by rokitur

wait for Feca dimension xD

1 person likes this

Feca's shielding abilities have been reduced... 2 turn armors, no more immunity or rebound. What upsets me most is the change they did to immunity and rebound. In it's place they have bastion and barricade, which reduce melee damage and ranged damage. Problem is, if you're an intel build, they've reduced fecas to mid range fighters. natural attack is only 2 casts per target and unmodifiable 8 range. If you wanted to cast the ranged reduction spell, what's going to stop the enemy from running up to you and wacking you, rendering that spell useless. (Most classes have some form of tele'ing/+mp/swapping/attracting/etc.) And if you are in close range, you cast the melee reduction spell. What stops your enemy from moving 1 square away from you and hitting you with powerful spells? You'd better pray that you have more lock than their dodge. And even if you do lock them, everyone has release and most classes have some form of pushback spell, rendering that shielding spell useless. Bring back immunity please! I understand rebound and immunity were similar and quite redundant spells, but both of them didn't need to change into useless spells. And please make the glyphs a bit more useful...

This class needs a rebalancing from this update.