• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infiniteus

General Advice & Guidance Thread

206 posts in this topic

There should be a guild-o-matic in every pub and perhaps bank. (been a while since i made a guild)

EDIT: Couldn't find one in the Astrub tavern, but there are guild-o-matics in the banks in nation outposts.

Edited by Cajun

Technical issue. I tried to start with wakfu but the updater keeps giving me the error of java not being installed (1.6). The java site installed 1.8 and confirmed that it was installed and running, yet wakfu keeps giving me the same error of no java. Help?

Technical issue. I tried to start with wakfu but the updater keeps giving me the error of java not being installed (1.6). The java site installed 1.8 and confirmed that it was installed and running, yet wakfu keeps giving me the same error of no java. Help?

There used to be an issue where Wakfu would only read versions 1.6 and 1.7 of Java. It has been over 6 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been fixed yet.

In your wakfu client go to options and in the general options tab enable the "use java version provided by Ankama." This should fix it.

2 people like this

There used to be an issue where Wakfu would only read versions 1.6 and 1.7 of Java. It has been over 6 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been fixed yet.

In your wakfu client go to options and in the general options tab enable the "use java version provided by Ankama." This should fix it.

The issue is still there, cause I installed 1.6 and now wakfu worked. I was tired of re-installing 1.8 so I tried 1.6 'cause wakfu kept saying Java 1.6 wasnt installed.

Enabling an option in the wakfu client would be so much easier. Except I didnt know that it was possible to do. Anyhow, I can play now.

Next problem:

In dofus, I never played with a rogue, fog, or eliotrope and only rarely with a masq. With wakfu being kind of new, I was thinking of trying out the 4 newest classest.

Does a team of a fogger, elio, masq and rogue make sense? or is it just a waist of time and should I fix another team set up? (btw, is it even doable to play with 4? )

Playing with 4 is perfectly reasonable. Personally, I never log more than that. (:

Now, as to that team... I have no idea.

Next problem:

In dofus, I never played with a rogue, fog, or eliotrope and only rarely with a masq. With wakfu being kind of new, I was thinking of trying out the 4 newest classest.

Does a team of a fogger, elio, masq and rogue make sense? or is it just a waist of time and should I fix another team set up? (btw, is it even doable to play with 4? )

One thing to know beforehand if you don't - in Wakfu, unlike in Dofus, the max team size is 6 rather than 8.

Going backwards...if you're talking about solo-play (being your own team and such), it's certainly doable with any number from 2-6 of your own, using sidekicks. I do three characters myself, and I've been able to clear the vast majority of the dungeons currently available (not HC present :S) Using those three + three sidekicks. Generally sidekicks are available on the in-game market boards, and for a fairly reasonable price, so don't worry much about forking over ogrines for them if you do opt for sidekicks to fill in those last two missing slots.

As for those four - it's certainly an interesting team set up. I can't speak as to how well it'll work because I've never seen that particular interaction of classes in action (never even seen 3/4 of those in one place!) but between Fogger and Elio's rails and portals you could have quite a bit of mobility across any map, which is always super welcome. Masq and Rogue can both pump out some super burst-damage turns via Masked Spirit and Fusillade, repsectively, and Fogger has consistently huge damage output across the board, to any monster anywhere, since Stasis always hits a mob in its lowest resistance. Fogger also has quite a large HP pool! I could also see you taking advantage of Elio's increased power under 50% HP by using Stasis Flux with your fogger (essentially sacrier's sacrifice minus the swapping) on your Elio once he drops under 50% hp...would be neat to see!

The issue I'd see with your team, I guess, is that you've got two pretty fragile classes, Rogue + Masq, and a class that functions best under 50% hp, your Elio, without any kind of dedicated healer for them. Masq has some nice heals in the water tree, admittedly, but I can't imagine ever having a Masqueraider as your main healer. Also, you've got good mobility and potential to position yourself, but you don't have many options for kiting mobs or bosses by moving them if need be. That's something that can be worked around usually, though!

In the end, I've seen vastly different teams clear many things in different ways. Some people do HC Vertox by essentially sniping him across the map most of the fight. Others lock him to force him to target the tank. Some swear against melee characters for that fight, usually my team comp with friends for that team involves Iop + Sram as the main damage dealers. You've got plenty of levels ahead of you to learn your team and make 'em work, so pick the classes you think you'll enjoy most and take it from there!

Hope you have fun in Wakfu, and if you happen to hop on Remington, I'd be happy to help you out however. Happy Wakfuing!

Edited by Orionolle

Thanks for the kind replies!

I've chosen for Remington ;-) It was the only international server my client showed, the 2 others being french.

Are there some decent healing sidekicks around, or is it best to team up with a 5th or 6th char thats good at healing? (if so, which classes have a good healing build?)

For healing sidekicks, your options are Lumino, who does nothing but heal (and has a revive), or Krosmoglob, who can switch between healing/damaging modes and is quite good at both. I'm partial to krosmoglob myself, but I've seen people put Lumino to good use in all sorts of content with success.

You may also want to consider getting Trank if you're going to get two sidekicks. Trank is a godlike sidekick, imo...he can't damage to save his life, but he can take damage for you, and he can lock enemies, and he's so good at both of those things that it makes up for whatever other faults he might have. Just to give you an idea, where your average, well geared player has something like 6-7.5k HP at level 170, Trank can reach well over 14k in combat.

If you decide to make a 5th class for the purpose of healing, Eniripsa is the healing class, as you might have expected. Consistent ranged heals in Water, and heals when enemies die through marks from the fire branch. Fire/Water is the most potent build for pure healing, but Fire/Air is very popular so that the Eniripsa can deal some decent damage when need be, and tribrid eniripsa is also an option.

For other classes with healing builds, Sadida is probably the only other class you could bring into a party as a primary healer. Summoning the healing doll adjacent to allies also heals your allies, and then you have your dolls running around healing the team. The only issue here is relying on doll AI to be more intelligent than rocks. I've never run with a Sadi as a primary healer, but seen them as secondary healers often. Not bad at all!

as for other classes with minor off-healing roles, Pandawa, Osamodas, and Ecaflip all have a tiny bit of that.

Edited by Orionolle

Kros, is a really good sidekick, and a viable healer. Masq provides some off heals too.

Can anyone give me tips on a PvP panda build? At around 165-170, I know PvP is generally quite dead on wakfu, but I'd still like to give it a try.

whats a good wis set for low lvl range under 80 ?

whats a good wis set for low lvl range under 80 ?

Forget the concept of wisdom sets in Wakfu. They pretty much crushed wis on gear a while ago. The one slot you can almost always get a chunk of wis on is shoulders. At lvl 80 or below the best you can do is 15 wis on shoulders. Dark Vlad's Wooden Sword (+6 wis) and Dora Bora (+7 wis) and a wisdom pet are about the only other options that offer more than 2-5 wis.

You can look up gear at either http://wakfu-elements.com/builder or http://lonesadida.ru/

P.S. Forget about items you might see listed like Ballyke chest or Blubba ring or Ring of Accelerated Advancement. They do not exist in game.

*edit* Just noticed you are on Nox. If you're looking for a wis pet I have level 50 (max level) Baby Schneks (+60 HP, +10 Wis, +13% Dmg) for sale. LMK if you're interested.

Edited by Shre

yeah i just randomly put together some wis crap on my alt

i just restarted wakfu again so im broke last time i played was when wakfu came out after beta and only way to make kamas was to mine

ty anyways

Edited by Blanka / Chunlii

Just switched class to Feca, got spells sorted, not sure what to do about gear? I had stuff for panda, thoughts, passing boots, interminable cloak, cartus shushu, dimensional shield, beltinterest, wa cwown, epire ring. These items still good for a feca? or?

Just switched class to Feca, got spells sorted, not sure what to do about gear? I had stuff for panda, thoughts, passing boots, interminable cloak, cartus shushu, dimensional shield, beltinterest, wa cwown, epire ring. These items still good for a feca? or?

Let me phrase this better.

I'm unsure what epic I should use with Lucloak, assuming Lucloak is the best available relic for Feca? At the moment I'm drawn between passing boots and Withered breastplate, but both of those are dual elemental, and would leave me unsure of what hat to get. Or alternatively, woboots, and ancient hat, but then I'd be unsure of what breastplate, as there's no real good tribrid options at 165.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Passing Boots are tri-ele!

Keep in mind that I'm by no means a Feca main and I've yet to actually sit down and look at these sets in-game to look at all their final stats. That said, I spent a little bit of time whipping up three possible equipment builds for you. Honestly, I'm not sure if these are absolutely ideal for Feca, but I hope it at least starts to point you in the right direction until a more expert Feca can come in and give you advice (paging Nova?)!

http://wakfu-elements.com/builder?i=121729-75f1edbe-e926-11e4-873c-fefd42e4

There you go. The third one leaves you at only 12/5/2, but offers a ton of resistance thanks to the Sram Kimono/Lucloak/Passing Boots/Ancient Hat. Second one uses a Souleater rather than a Lucloak to fill in the tri-BP void.
First one uses a Tormented BP - not sure how that would perform what with the terrestrial transfer.
Another option is to use Lucloak/Withered/Indestructible, but that leaves you with a lot of two-element items, especially if you also use Ancient Hat in conjunction with it (which I feel should be used on a Feca even though it lacks range...it's got crazy defensive stats!)
Hope that helped!
1 person likes this

Passing Boots are tri-ele!

Keep in mind that I'm by no means a Feca main and I've yet to actually sit down and look at these sets in-game to look at all their final stats. That said, I spent a little bit of time whipping up three possible equipment builds for you. Honestly, I'm not sure if these are absolutely ideal for Feca, but I hope it at least starts to point you in the right direction until a more expert Feca can come in and give you advice (paging Nova?)!

http://wakfu-elements.com/builder?i=121729-75f1edbe-e926-11e4-873c-fefd42e4

There you go. The third one leaves you at only 12/5/2, but offers a ton of resistance thanks to the Sram Kimono/Lucloak/Passing Boots/Ancient Hat. Second one uses a Souleater rather than a Lucloak to fill in the tri-BP void.
First one uses a Tormented BP - not sure how that would perform what with the terrestrial transfer.
Another option is to use Lucloak/Withered/Indestructible, but that leaves you with a lot of two-element items, especially if you also use Ancient Hat in conjunction with it (which I feel should be used on a Feca even though it lacks range...it's got crazy defensive stats!)
Hope that helped!

That does help, I didn't even think of GM Epas!

What makes you choose wa amulet or primitive? The range?

Yeah, Wa Wamulet is there just because of the range it offers over Primitive. You're already sacrificing a Range by using the Ancient Helm, and if you take Glaivus over a range wep that's yet another range you're giving up. It's not the most important stat for Feca (I think), but that extra range is useful when you want to place or move a Fecammer Glyph without needing to get too up-close to the enemy, like for boss kiting purposes.

Ultimately you may want to keep both on hand so you can swap out the wa-wamulet when you're not in need of the range, or you may want to use a triele range wep instead of glaivus.

Hello IV, my newbie sram is growing fast and i'm approaching 120-130's lvls soon. At moment i pretty much followed wakfu progression community guide on official forums and got myself in a decent set with ~600-650% elemental dmg and 10/6, got bored farming forfut dg and that made me think do you still have 5% chance to drop Saneft Belt? Cuz i did vamp first and last on first and second runs and needed another 13 runs to get belt with tokens. That's why i didn't get Warrior Spikes and because i'm 105+ already so i think there might be better spikes around. So long story short, if anyone kind enough to make an set for my tri-element sram around 120-130's lvl i would be really glad =P preferably 11/6 or 12/6 w/o having to craft those "unique" items that needs lvl 100 profs.

Thx and srry for some grammar errors here or there.

Hello IV, my newbie sram is growing fast and i'm approaching 120-130's lvls soon. At moment i pretty much followed wakfu progression community guide on official forums and got myself in a decent set with ~600-650% elemental dmg and 10/6, got bored farming forfut dg and that made me think do you still have 5% chance to drop Saneft Belt? Cuz i did vamp first and last on first and second runs and needed another 13 runs to get belt with tokens. That's why i didn't get Warrior Spikes and because i'm 105+ already so i think there might be better spikes around. So long story short, if anyone kind enough to make an set for my tri-element sram around 120-130's lvl i would be really glad =P preferably 11/6 or 12/6 w/o having to craft those "unique" items that needs lvl 100 profs.

Thx and srry for some grammar errors here or there.

The best option for a tri sram that level really is Dragon pig set. You can use a cactlass/the bloodthirsty in your weapon slots, with solomonk for the 11ap.

And yes, as far as I know, sanefty is still 5% drop rate with the challs.

2 people like this

The best option for a tri sram that level really is Dragon pig set. You can use a cactlass/the bloodthirsty in your weapon slots, with solomonk for the 11ap.

And yes, as far as I know, sanefty is still 5% drop rate with the challs.

I use Djaul Dagger (almanax machine 90 tokens) instead of The Bloodthirsty, not that you need the WP as a sram but it never hurts to have extra and it's a cheap, easy alternative. Mushmantle is a decent alternative to DP Kimono if you're finding it hard or too expensive to get the Kimono. Not as good as DP but I was able to get a couple of them cheap.

Edited by Shre

Just gave wakfu another try today after a looooooong time away (last time i properly played was during open/closed betas).

I currently have a air/water eniripsa and a fire/earth iop, both at level 23 and theyre wearing a mix of gobball gear and that three pistes stuff. Im not really familiar with the game at all so wondering whats the next sort of set to aim for with those builds around the 30-40 level, any sort of tips would be appreciated :D

What would be best for a third alt, my actual team being: Earth Sadida and Air/Water Eniripsa ?

I would go with the tanky dpt that the new Iop is especially with two "support healer classes".

If c/c not your cup of tea a Cra could work also.

Just gave wakfu another try today after a looooooong time away (last time i properly played was during open/closed betas).

I currently have a air/water eniripsa and a fire/earth iop, both at level 23 and theyre wearing a mix of gobball gear and that three pistes stuff. Im not really familiar with the game at all so wondering whats the next sort of set to aim for with those builds around the 30-40 level, any sort of tips would be appreciated :D

Not really a tip, but try looking at Tokens Machines in front of each dung to see what items drops there.

1 person likes this

Kind of like in Dofus, the Gobball set is pretty solid for awhile because of the +1 AP bonus for wearing the full set (one of the last sets in the game with a set bonus). If you can get a hand on a full gobball set for both of your characters, that should serve you fine for a long time! You'll want to start replacing the gobball set when you can get your hands on items that already have AP on them. You can find capes with AP on them starting at around level 60, and I think amulets with AP might be available a little earlier. If you want to pick up 10 AP as soon as possible, you can try to find a Goultard, a level 40 sword with AP on it. If not, though, then another early-ish option for a sweet AP weapon is Thork's Hammer, level 75. You can get that with a few (5, I think) runs of the Bwork dungeon with tokens!

But I digress - basically, use Gobball set on your characters for the AP until you can start getting that AP from other sources. You won't really start focusing on build-specific equipment until level 100+, especially when both of your characters are dual-element.

One set you can shoot for is the Infernal Set, at level 66 or so. It has no set bonuses, like every other set in the game except for the Gobball and Tofu sets, but it's a generally good set for any build around that level.

Good luck and happy Wakfu-ing! And since I see you're on Remi, feel free to find me in game if you've any questions or whatever else~

Edited by Orionolle
2 people like this

Gob set til 50/60 when Infernal set+ keelers amulet become available there is also cloudy set, or any type of imperial set depending on your character's elements