• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infiniteus

General Advice & Guidance Thread

206 posts in this topic

Oh! Okay, thanks :) The tooltip for authority still talks about enemy turning around so i was confused.

EDIT: Just got myself a dt, got a few more Q's with it:

1. Is feeding it all i need to do?
  2. Do i still get bonuses from my pet when riding it?
  3. How often will it gain more stats?
  4. It says it has 20hp - what is this hp used for?
  5. What do i do if it runs out of hp?
  6. Does that work the same with pets?

1. Yep, just need to feed it.

2. Yes.

3. Pets and mounts gain one level every time they are fed. They can be fed once every 24 hours.

4. If the pet runs out of HP, you no longer benefit from its stats. It can be resurrected just by feeding it Osamodas Powder, just as if you were restoring its HP.

5. Craft Osamodas Powder, via the Chef profession (it's a very low level craft).

6. Yes.

What spell progression would you suggest for a Fire Foggernaut?

As with any mono-elemental character, try to make use of three spells at all times. For Fire Foggernaut, the three main spells are Steampalm, Blazing Fire, and the third is a preference between Flame and Flamethrower (I prefer the latter). Did you mean to ask about specialties?

So, I've set up another box and made an Ecaflip, but I'm not yet sure where I want to go with him. If I can ask a kind of broad question, can you tell me a little bit about how Earth plays, and how the hybrid possibilities play? I'm kind of interested in Fire/Water, but I feel like I wouldn't really be getting much out of water since if I'm using fire to attack it's a little cumbersome to keep Flealine Army up, right? Do I...gain anything by going Water/Fire Eca hybrid, or do I just lose more from both trees than I gain by combining them? I'm also interested to know the perks of the other builds available.

Thanks much for all the answers!

So, I've set up another box and made an Ecaflip, but I'm not yet sure where I want to go with him. If I can ask a kind of broad question, can you tell me a little bit about how Earth plays, and how the hybrid possibilities play? I'm kind of interested in Fire/Water, but I feel like I wouldn't really be getting much out of water since if I'm using fire to attack it's a little cumbersome to keep Flealine Army up, right? Do I...gain anything by going Water/Fire Eca hybrid, or do I just lose more from both trees than I gain by combining them? I'm also interested to know the perks of the other builds available.

Thanks much for all the answers!

Ecaflip is a pretty great class. It can be a wild card trump in your team, provide consistent and strong DPT, or be a strong healing support with unique spells.

Fire is the consistent damage branch. You'll either get what you expect with it, or a whole lot more that you don't expect. That doesn't make much sense - let me explain.

D-Six has a strong base damage at a good boostable range. When you hit a target, a die will roll over their head. If you manage to roll a six, the attack will happen again and roll again. It will hit for exactly the same as well when you do succeed. Sometimes you'll double, triple, quadruple... the odds of getting that many in a single roll are low, but it does happen. And if it happens at least once, then you're already doubling your damage investment for only 4 AP.

Craps is a very cost efficient spell that does okay damage for 1 AP and 1 MP. When you cast it, you'll roll two dice. If the amount that the dice add up to equals seven, the attack will deal significantly higher damage. I've had seven rolls hit for 1'500 damage before.

Finally Die Alright when it crits, bounces to additional targets at least three cells away. When your crit rate is high, this spell can devastate a pack of enemies with its insanely high damage.

The passive state Ecaflip Die for Ecaflip increases fire damage, critical hits, AP, and MP.

The earth tree is a wild card. You can get some insanely high damage with Three Cards, and Heads or Tails is just like the Dofus variation. The passive Ecaflip's Tarot will allow you to basically play Roulette every turn (the Dofus Ecaflip's Roulette). There are positive and negative draws that can affect both allies and enemies. When the Ecaflip draws the God Ecaflip card, the earth spells gain new effects and the Ecaflip gains an additional +2 AP for the turn.

Heads or Tails during a God Card has it's final damages multiplied by x1.5, making it the most devastating 3 AP skill in the entire game. I've crit for over 2'000 damage with this spell on a God Ecaflip turn by the endgame.

All-In uses up your entire AP to do one strong attack. For every AP spent, it increases the likelihood of doubling the damage. It's very underwhelming unless you manage to double your damage. During God Ecaflip, you gain a chance to stun an enemy for every AP used while attacking with this, up to 50%.

Battle has a 67% chance to damage the enemy or a 33% chance to slightly heal them. During a God Ecaflip, this spell has a powerful life leech attached to it.

All-In will either deal some damage or end your turn. It's most commonly used during the end of the turn during the God Ecaflip turn, where is costs 0 AP to cast. When you succeed the spell, you're refunded 2 AP (or 3 AP on a critical hit). This effect still occurs during the God Ecaflip turn, essentially allowing you to chance gaining additional AP to use on other attacks.

Three Cards does not have a God Ecaflip effect. Instead, it's just a very powerful spell that costs WP too. When cast, it places three cards in front and to your sides. You can step on it to either reduce the resistance of your target, gain an AP back, or heal them a little bit.

Finally the water branch is a healing branch predominantly. A very good one at that. The main spells can deal damage but they can also provide strong support.

Rough Tongue is a direct one range healing spell on allies or damage on enemies. It's pretty good base for its 3 AP cost as well.

Up-to-Scratch is a damage-only spell that lets you travel while dealing damage. The cell at the front of the targeting takes full damage, while cells you pass while approaching the enemy take half the damage. It's very powerful, but pretty difficult to use effectively.

Fleahopper is used on an enemy and the most injured ally in a three cell circle is healed a little bit and buffed critical hits. It's the predominant healing spell at a range when you need it in a pinch.

Hunter is too difficult to use realistically with limited spell XP. It's used at the end of your turn and places a trap glyph. If an enemy steps in it, you instantly teleport to them and attack them, facing them afterwards. It's very predictable however.

Flea Love is the final spell and the most powerful one (hence the WP cost). When cast on an enemy, it'll start by dealing some damage. On the second turn, it deals some additional damage. On the final turn, the flea does the highest amount of damage and heals an adjacent ally. When cast on an empty cell, it places a two cell circle glyph. When an enemy starts its turn in the Fleeches glyph, it harms all other enemies on the glyph and heals the most injured ally in the glyph. This can be triggered three times in the lifespan of a Fleeches glyph. It can provide heals in a pinch to save an enemy while suppressing an area of the map.

Any hybridization of Ecaflip works. I've even done tribrid, and greatly enjoyed it.

1 person likes this

1. Yep, just need to feed it.

2. Yes.

3. Pets and mounts gain one level every time they are fed. They can be fed once every 24 hours.

4. If the pet runs out of HP, you no longer benefit from its stats. It can be resurrected just by feeding it Osamodas Powder, just as if you were restoring its HP.

5. Craft Osamodas Powder, via the Chef profession (it's a very low level craft).

6. Yes.

How can i prevent my pet/mount losing hp in the first place? And ty again :PP

Edited by sommanker

How can i prevent my pet/mount losing hp in the first place? And ty again :PP

Remember to feed it so it doesn't starve and don't die. It'll lose one HP per regular defeat and up to three for being defeated by a boss.

Aha :D kthx

What is the main difference between the nations?

What do I lose if remaining neutral?

Now that damages were equalized in bonuses for keeping area ecosystems in check, there are no real distinguishable advantages to joining any in particular no matter what class or build you pursue. Some nations may have a better reputation than others for upholding the ecosystem however.

Pick the nation that best represents you. But you must choose a nation. Without a nation, you get no Clan Member bonuses (which are noticeable in stat gains), you cannot travel to the adventure islands, and you cannot enter any dungeon or battle a Final Boss (Excarnus, Moowolf, Black Crow, Magmog, and Dragon Pig).

Picking a nation is basically mandatory if you wish to progress past level 30 or so.

Thanks for the reply. Visited all four nations a little ago, just to check visuals and etc. Thinking about joining Brak or Sufokia.

Must say that Wakfu evolved greatly since I last played it (and I played Wakfu since the very first beta).

The visuals are great, the first quests and areas are very welcoming. So far having a good time and almost conving my wife to start playing with me.

My only complains are small interface things, like buttons that are to little, or labels that are partially invisible.

Currently level 17 int Masq, I hoping to keep playing for the next few weeks/months.

Are gelanos really 1mk+ ea!!??

I came up with an amazing set for when i hit 100

now just looking at cost... :/
I need help with sets.
What is best (Int/agi iop)
Infernal set w/ arachrosima set fillers
Arachrosima set
Lunar set with infernal and/or arachrosima set fillers
A different custom set
A different set
Im pretty sure i want the weap displayed in the custom set i came up with above, unless there is something better?
And would it be worth buying a Whispered ring to wear everything early?
Edited by sommanker

A Gelano is far more pricey than that. It's the lowest level Relic, a special tier of item that you can only have one equipped at a time. To create requires 100 Fragments that have a lowish drop rate each. Creating one (a Relic) can take even the most devoted 6-boxer a couple weeks.

For a new player, don't include a Relic in your set-up.

Lunar set is a good lower level air/fire set to go 8 AP with. As you go past the 100s, set bonuses start to no longer exist and are replaced with items with much higher stats to compensate this with, allowing you to mix and match items without worry of not completing a set bonus.

From Lunar set, the next logical step is either Vampyro set or White Crow set. The former comes from the boss of Forfut Island while the latter is exchanged via tokens by defeating the Final Boss, Black Crow. Many players may have the tokens to get you a piece.

If you want you can wear Infernal Set through to Vampyro/White Crow set however. The wisdom can be very handy for you and the set is perfectly strong enough to do so.

Whispered Ring is pretty good for wearing better items earlier. As you reach the mid-100s ring strength becomes too much to sacrifice for just kit skill however.

Ok :D

I used wakfu-elements to create 3 sets, one using infernal and fillers, one arachrosima and fillers, and one with lunar and fillers - my best option is arachrosima imo http://wakfu-elements.com/builder?i=101454-7d3ed450-1c72-11e4-ac04-fefd42e4

Because it has wayy more initative and lock (80+ more) and a bit more hp. Infernal beats it in wisdom (Which isn't vital), prospecting (See wisdom) and damage (Only about 8%) and crits ( i don't really need that tbh, im not crit oriented) so yea.

Is that a good idea?

I'll do myself a vampyro vs white crow comparation later on ^

EDIT: In the set i posted in the link above, are those items realistically available to purchase/obtain relatively easily?

Edited by sommanker

Is it worth to spend my kroz to get wakfu items?

Is it worth to spend my kroz to get wakfu items?

Unlike in dofus I just looked at some of the kroz sets around level 100 in wakfu, and holy shit they look good. That being said, save kroz, new rewards probably coming with the second season of krosmaster figurines sometime later this year.

I have a quick question, A few months ago I heard you can no longer play on a server outside of your community (I was playing on Dathura for a while and I have a character on Nox but I'm from the UK).

I'm thinking about playing again and don't mind starting again on Remington but I just wanted to know if people from the US can also play there?

Remington is an international server so any community can play there, Nox is north american so only people in NA (And likely the rest of america too) can play there, and Dathura is French Speaking - Which i'm not 100% sure about, it could mean that a) It is also international although predominantly French Speaking, or that it is a French server and you must be in France to play on it.

I think.

If you already have a character on a server when they changed the community, they will either offer you a transfer or let you keep playing on it anyway (At least that is what they have done with Dofus in the past).

Please correct me if i am wrong :P

EDIT: NOTE: Im pretty sure 80% of us here are on Remington so :P

Edited by sommanker

Since the subscription model changed, it required English accounts playing on the French servers to extract their characters and put them into new dedicated French accounts. You must be logged into your old Dathura account in order to access that page. Subscription time will transfer over onto the new account you make to house your characters should you decide to migrate the character. Otherwise they'll be trapped on an account that cannot access the server that they're based in.

Nox players and Remington players can play on each others' servers, but not on any of the French ones.

Thanks, I logged onto my Dathura account, tbh I'm kind of confused, I thought I was transferring my character to another account that's on Remington, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I guess I've lost all my subscription pets, ogrines and sidekicks then and literally have to start from scratch, which is a shame...I will miss that snoofle.

That's incorrect. This is the situation, broken down (it's a little confusing the way I put it in the last post).

- Your English account had access to Dathura. A server which only French accounts are supposed to access.

- They change the game model, so that English accounts can only access English servers. While your account still has your characters on Dathura, you can only access Nox and Remington. This is the problem you are facing. Your characters are trapped on an account that cannot access the server that houses them.

- The link I posted in my previous post allows you to create a new FRENCH account. This account will not be able to log into English servers Nox and Remington, however it will extract your Dathura characters from your English account. This way, you can use this account to play on Dathura with your old characters. All items and everything will transfer over, as well as subscription time.

If you want your old things, you must continue to play on the server that you had them on. There are no server transfers.

I hope that clarifies things a little.

Edited by Infiniteus

What is the best 4 man team including a earth/air rogue and fire/air iop? And why?

Hey! Over the double exp weekend I decided to make a Tri-Element Feca, a class that I haven't really touched since beta so I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing. I pretty much need advice on everything; when to buy it a set, what spells to focus on, etc.

Oh, and with the coming changes to gear, I have no clue what to be aiming for. Any help in that department would be great too.

What is the best 4 man team including a earth/air rogue and fire/air iop? And why?

Air/Earth Rogue: Constitutes close ranged damage, but predominantly a ranged fighter. Squishy class, so the air is somewhat a fickle choice. But it works.

Air/Fire Iop: Brawler with high HP. Does great AoE damage with Iop's Wrath and Judgment or higher focus damage with Jabs and Gutting Gust/Uppercut.

I recommend as the other two:

Water/Earth Feca: Provides massive tanking capacity as well as plenty of defensive support in the forms of defensive armors (via Steam Glyph and Crashing Wave Armor). Peace Armor is a godly support skill while Inversion can massively boost a DPT's damage output for little sacrifice.

Water Masqueraider: Great heals and insanely high burst damage potential for two turns via Masked Spirit.

Hey! Over the double exp weekend I decided to make a Tri-Element Feca, a class that I haven't really touched since beta so I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing. I pretty much need advice on everything; when to buy it a set, what spells to focus on, etc.

Oh, and with the coming changes to gear, I have no clue what to be aiming for. Any help in that department would be great too.

Fickle question since the state of tribrid builds alters with September's patch. I recommend taking Steam & Crashing Wave (water), Fecabo & Feca Staff (earth), Natural Attack & Fecastopheles (fire).

The water spells are good support armors. Steam Glyph gives anyone who starts their turn on it an armor that scales off your water damage. Crashing Wave Armor on an ally will give them a direct shield that enemies must break through before harming them. Crashing Wave Armor on an enemy puts a debuff armor on them that forces them to deal a certain amount of damage to break through the debuff before they can actually harm anything (like a reverse armor).

Earth spells are personal defensive skills. Taking Fecabo and Feca Staff ensures you can use any amount of AP build and if you need to, you can use all your AP on earth spells. Feca Staff Glyph gives AP to anyone who starts their turn on it.

Fire spells are just plain old powerful. The glyphs are not very efficient, but when it comes to straight out dealing damage these two spells are your bread and butter. Natural Attack is cheap and high damage per AP while Fecastopheles is your powerhouse skill with adjustable range and doesn't need line of sight.

I'm not sure what low level gear looks like yet in the new Wakfu.

Fickle question since the state of tribrid builds alters with September's patch. I recommend taking Steam & Crashing Wave (water), Fecabo & Feca Staff (earth), Natural Attack & Fecastopheles (fire).

The water spells are good support armors. Steam Glyph gives anyone who starts their turn on it an armor that scales off your water damage. Crashing Wave Armor on an ally will give them a direct shield that enemies must break through before harming them. Crashing Wave Armor on an enemy puts a debuff armor on them that forces them to deal a certain amount of damage to break through the debuff before they can actually harm anything (like a reverse armor).

Earth spells are personal defensive skills. Taking Fecabo and Feca Staff ensures you can use any amount of AP build and if you need to, you can use all your AP on earth spells. Feca Staff Glyph gives AP to anyone who starts their turn on it.

Fire spells are just plain old powerful. The glyphs are not very efficient, but when it comes to straight out dealing damage these two spells are your bread and butter. Natural Attack is cheap and high damage per AP while Fecastopheles is your powerhouse skill with adjustable range and doesn't need line of sight.

I'm not sure what low level gear looks like yet in the new Wakfu.

Well it's currently 105, so anything you could suggest for 120ish works.

If you're going Tribrid, the three craft sets should be plenty fine for now (Apprentice, Initiate, Sage). They'll remain useful after the revamp since they'll retain general damage.

Post-revamp Dragon Pig set is a very powerful tri-elemental set to strongly consider as well.

Hi there, again.

How do I build/stat a water/air Masq?

Thanks,

J.