• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infiniteus

General Advice & Guidance Thread

206 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I've noticed IV has taken an interest in Wakfu. But Wakfu has quite an... interesting and punishing learning curve. So far all questions that you may have, whether it be building your character, to team synergy compositions, to how you should be gearing yourself, feel free to ask here.

I've played since launch February 2012 and continue to play today as a playtester for new content. I'd be happy to help you all get acclimated to the game.

I can, for any intents and purposes, also show builds and advice through streaming if that's more helpful than text.

Ask away!

5 people like this

I want to buy a brakmarian harness for my dt. I need 500 citizenship points to do that.

I've played wakfu quite a bit already, but very very occasionally and rarely overall, so I am very much lost with this game (it changes a lot every single time I log in). I've ALWAYS had a problem with citizenship points, and seeing as many people run around with guard ranks and whatnot, they must be getting them somehow...

I thought I was being smart and using an alt to force gobball spawns in an area earlier today, relogging back to my main to kill them and harvest citizenship points. This only worked for a moment, however, since I got a few of the nations guards stalking and threathening my outlawed alt, and soon after my main stopped being able to harvest points in the area because of simply not getting citizenship points even when the areas gobball population was above the allowed limit. I assume I was hit by some anti-citizenship point farming system, and that's all fine by me.

I do not know if I was doing something wrong by being an ecoterrorist on my alt (as a few too many gobballs are easy to kill and I was trying to kill as many as possible to get many points) so I figured I was fixing the evil I was doing on my alt, and that it would be fine.

The people in the area (the few guards) didn't seem very satisfied however, got attacked a bit too. :D

So my question has two parts.

1. Am I actually an asshole by doing what I just did, do I cause some harm if I keep killing the extra gobballs?

2. How to farm citizenship points, do I actually have to travel to every nations every subarea to check their clan members satisfaction? Can I make the process any easier for me?

can u leech me?

jk i won't ever play wakfu

Edited by Persona

I want to buy a brakmarian harness for my dt. I need 500 citizenship points to do that.

I've played wakfu quite a bit already, but very very occasionally and rarely overall, so I am very much lost with this game (it changes a lot every single time I log in). I've ALWAYS had a problem with citizenship points, and seeing as many people run around with guard ranks and whatnot, they must be getting them somehow...

I thought I was being smart and using an alt to force gobball spawns in an area earlier today, relogging back to my main to kill them and harvest citizenship points. This only worked for a moment, however, since I got a few of the nations guards stalking and threathening my outlawed alt, and soon after my main stopped being able to harvest points in the area because of simply not getting citizenship points even when the areas gobball population was above the allowed limit. I assume I was hit by some anti-citizenship point farming system, and that's all fine by me.

I do not know if I was doing something wrong by being an ecoterrorist on my alt (as a few too many gobballs are easy to kill and I was trying to kill as many as possible to get many points) so I figured I was fixing the evil I was doing on my alt, and that it would be fine.

The people in the area (the few guards) didn't seem very satisfied however, got attacked a bit too. :D

So my question has two parts.

1. Am I actually an asshole by doing what I just did, do I cause some harm if I keep killing the extra gobballs?

2. How to farm citizenship points, do I actually have to travel to every nations every subarea to check their clan members satisfaction? Can I make the process any easier for me?

1. It would likely upset a few people, since unbalancing the ecosystem universally affects all players of your nation temporarily. A lot of people are very uptight about having all of their damages from the nation bonuses. But if people are attacking you because you're killing the excess and not for being the disruptor, that's entirely on them for being asses.

2. If your server is really great at upkeeping bonuses, try requesting a Disobedience law off weekend to your local governor. While Disobedience is off, you can gain CP without worry of people being complete butts about the ordeal.

Otherwise, the only harmless way to go about gaining citizenship points is to go about re-balancing each nation. Try to have a friend in each nation, and ask them if any of their zones need re-balancing. They'll be thankful for you going to do that and you'll get the CP you need.

If you're high enough level to fight the mobs there, you can also visit Calamar Island, which often times than not is usually unbalanced.

Alternatively continue ruining it with an alt and fixing it with your main.

can u leech me?

jk i won't ever play wakfu

I would but I seldom play on the live servers nowadays! But you should give it a shot sometime now that IV is building a bigger following to the game. It's pretty, if anything. I like to believe that Wakfu, while not as polished as Dofus by quite a margin, has far more potential to be a better game in the long run.

2 people like this

Wanted to try out Wakfu, but I don't even have the time to play Dofus right now...leveling my hunter in WoW.

Hi Infiniteus, well I started playing in the new server for br/pt ppl and I never played this before, I'm kinda lost.

I have a fire eca, fire enu, water panda , water eni and 2 MM (lumino and shadow) every char are lv 45, all are brak but I only did gobbal dungeon and scara dungeon, wth I should go?

Ah and I don't know what set to use too.... eni,panda and the MM are using royal gobbal, enu golden scara, and eca cloudy tofu set... can you enlighten me? ( next set to use and where to go)

Thanks a lot! ^_^

Hmmm. I have a few Q's 4 u.

Im an int/agi iop, i came up with a lv 40 set, is it good?

Keeler Ring

Gagarin Ring

Imperial Shin Larva Set

The Sickle (Bow)

Golden Scarabelt

At time of writing i am lv 29, when i get stat reset @ 30 should i wait till 31 to put all points into AP? Is it worth?

Im in tofu set atm. Also, should i then save up for an MP, or put points into other things?

How do i get mounts/pets?

I have a quest to kill an outlaw, but whenever i find an outlaw they are in an unattackable area/ a fight and just afk there or they are wayyy too high level for me to kill. How should i go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, Infiniteus.

I would like to start playing Wakfu but I'm not sure on what class I should start with.. are these classes and builds similar to dofus' or completely different? and whats the best/easiest for a newbie just starting?

I'd like something which can solo but isn't too hard to use and maybe something mid/long range

thanks for this thread, I'm sure we all appreciate it so much <3.

Wanted to try out Wakfu, but I don't even have the time to play Dofus right now...leveling my hunter in WoW.

Find some friends playing Wakfu and maybe just hang out and do professions for an hour every other day or something. It might help pique your interest. :)

Hi Infiniteus, well I started playing in the new server for br/pt ppl and I never played this before, I'm kinda lost.

I have a fire eca, fire enu, water panda , water eni and 2 MM (lumino and shadow) every char are lv 45, all are brak but I only did gobbal dungeon and scara dungeon, wth I should go?

Ah and I don't know what set to use too.... eni,panda and the MM are using royal gobbal, enu golden scara, and eca cloudy tofu set... can you enlighten me? ( next set to use and where to go)

Thanks a lot! ^_^

Hmm. I would drop Shadow since he doesn't bring much to the table as far as team composition goes. You'll see in late game that team compositions often require a tank to lock enemies down. Trank would fit the bill and is the MM equivalent of a Feca.

Damage on your team looks pretty good otherwise, though I would switch the Eniripsa to fire (and later air/fire) for their mark utility, which is far superior than just regular healing. Sadist Mark, Refund Mark, and early on Traid Mark are the important spells. Sadist Mark if you want to play defensively and get more heals, Refund Mark to augment the flow of combat towards your team, and Traid Mark for heals.

If you ever decide to go further than 4-box, I recommend a Rogue for its incredibly high earth damage and a Feca for their supreme team utility and defensive capabilities.

For sets, take a look at Cloudy Set for air and water characters. For fire ones, the Riktus Set gives great damage for only three item slots. Don't be particularly caught up on gear until level 65. I highly recommend the Infernal Set at that point, as it will be useful for all of your characters (meaning dropping duplicate pieces won't be wasted time) and also help you level faster. I'd filler the empty slots with pieces from the Duke Whelkington Set which again, benefits all of your current team composition.

I recommend picking up Makabra weapons for your characters if you haven't already yet either. They are cheap, they rid your worries of dropping weapons, and they gain an AP once they hit level 100 (which should be shortly after you do). I recommend the Makabra cards for all of your characters, as they provide good stats for one hand and will let you wear daggers (which become quite powerful later on) in your off-hand.

Hmmm. I have a few Q's 4 u.

Im an int/agi iop, i came up with a lv 40 set, is it good?

Keeler Ring

Gagarin Ring

Imperial Shin Larva Set

The Sickle (Bow)

Golden Scarabelt

At time of writing i am lv 29, when i get stat reset @ 30 should i wait till 31 to put all points into AP? Is it worth?

Im in tofu set atm. Also, should i then save up for an MP, or put points into other things?

How do i get mounts/pets?

I have a quest to kill an outlaw, but whenever i find an outlaw they are in an unattackable area/ a fight and just afk there or they are wayyy too high level for me to kill. How should i go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Level up as much as you can before using your restat. That way, you can make the use of the spell XP re-allocation feature to fine tune as you see fit. See this section of a post I made in another thread:

If you're mono element (which you should be in the early game, as gear will not facilitate multi-element until at the bare minimum level 40 with the Imperial Shin Larva set), there is enough spell XP to max out four skills in one branch if the other 11 elemental spells are level zero. If you hybridize, there's enough spell XP to max out three spells in one branch and two spells in another if the remaining 10 elemental spells are level zero. The most common hybrid set-up is to max out two spells in two branches, and evenly distribute your XP among the remaining 10 spells in those branches to gain elemental mastery while also allocating enough spell XP in the third elemental branch to gain some resistances from it.

There is a formula to calculate this. Attached to this post, I will provide a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that my guild mate and one of the most intelligent mathematicians to play this game created. ONLY edit the fields with a gray background. The yellow field will tell you how much spell XP you have left. The optimize button will automatically re-allocate your spell XP in that branch to yield the highest damage and resist element mastery while spending the least amount of spell XP to do so. There is a strategy to it, because the way it works:

Your highest spell level in a branch yields you 0.3% damage and resist per level.

The second highest yields you 0.35% damage and resist per level.

The third highest yields you 0.05% damage and resist per level (pay note that the third highest spell will barely influence your damage and resist bonuses).

The fourth highest yields you 0.1% damage and resist per level.

The fifth highest yields you 0.2% damage and resist per level.

So for example, you can place each spell at level 30 and you'll gain 30% damage and resist for it. But alternatively, you can place your spell levels at 43/43/16/16/16 and you'll achieve the same effect, while spending less points to do that you can place elsewhere.

Critical hits are more of a higher level build. Your gear won't facilitate consistency with crits, and so therefore you'll gain more long-term benefits by statting for damage (intelligence/agility/strength, depending on your build). Once your gear alone starts pushing you past 20% or so critical hits, then it starts being worth considered.

The only classes worth statting things like lock and dodge are the ones that gain stat benefits by doing so (Feca gains resist for having lock, Masqueraider damage for dodge, and New Age Sram critical hits for both). It's most common to pursue AP (150 points), MP (100 points), range if your class can make use of it, 10 Kit Skill (100 points), and then either damage or critical hits.

The way damage statting works is it's 3:1 for any stat (intelligence, strength, chance, and agility). However, if you decide to hybridize, so long as the next stat you invest points into is not the currently highest invested one, it will only cost 1:1 points. Example:

- You are air/fire. You decide you want to do damage statting instead of critical hits. You invest 100 points into intelligence, costing you 300 points since it's 3:1.

- Now you want agility, because you want air damage too since you're a hybrid. You invest 100 points into agility, costing you 100 points since it's second highest to intelligence, and therefore is 1:1.

- You realize you have some extra points, and so you put 10 more points into agility. But because it is the now highest invested stat, it costs you 30 points to place 10 in agility, back at a 3:1 cost.

- You fine tune and place another 10 points into intelligence at a 1:1 cost to balance things out since agility has more investment in it at the moment.

- At any point, placing points into chance or strength for the sake of explaining mechanics costs 1:1, all the way to 110 since that's where your highest investment(s) currently are.

Here's a share to the Google Drive upload. You should be able to download it from there.

Regarding your gear, again don't worry about it too much in lower levels. But if you plan to pursue Imperial Shin Larva set, that should last you until Infernal Set at level 65. Again, I recommend obtaining Makabracards from the cash shop or in-game market. Imperial Blibli Set is also a solid air/fire early game set, but Infernal Set is my top recommendation (if not for the wisdom). Your goal should be 8 AP to attack with two Judgments, four Jabs, or Jump and Iop's Wrath. You'll notice a huge boost in your damage once that is viable.

Regarding pets/mounts. Some pets are dropped, many of them are in the cash shop (including the all-useful Tofu pet which provides +25% general damage, which almost all players in the endgame use). A quest to obtain a Dragoturkey will start at level 35 which should take you about an hour to complete. It requires you to do so menial (but quick) tasks around Astrub, followed by a mini-game. In the cash shop are Dragoturkies which look nice, do not provide any higher damages than the in-game ones, but do provide 25% faster movement speed and look far nicer.

Don't worry about killing Outlaws and becoming a Guard. It provides no substantial benefits, and the likelihood is that you cannot kill them anyways. You would also likely make some nasty enemies that would bother you for some time afterwards.

Hey, Infiniteus.

I would like to start playing Wakfu but I'm not sure on what class I should start with.. are these classes and builds similar to dofus' or completely different? and whats the best/easiest for a newbie just starting?

I'd like something which can solo but isn't too hard to use and maybe something mid/long range

thanks for this thread, I'm sure we all appreciate it so much <3.

Something mid-to-long range that's easy to play, hmm. Perhaps a Rogue would be right up your alley. They are very intuitively simply to play. Fire revolves around placing bombs and blowing them up, or letting them sit on the map to create a firewall that harms enemies as they walk over it. Earth plays by battering your opponents from afar with devastating long-ranged resistance-piercing shots. You can raise it by just pumping your initiative as well instead of damage, since they have a passive that converts initiative (up to 467) into damage.

Alternatively, and now that I think about it this may be a better option, a Fire Foggernaut. Foggernaut are one of three classes that buff their own health by up to 20%. This health buff will actually restore 20% of your health at the end of every combat, reducing the need for a healer. They deal strong long-ranged AoE damage making them good to farm content with in the early game.

The classes in Wakfu share a similar niche to that of Dofus, but they all play out wildly different. Classes are constantly changing and being revamped every few months too, ensuring that nothing stays the same.

If anyone's answers weren't thorough enough, please feel free to further elaborate on your inquiries. I'm happy to assist with more in-depth questions. I just woke up some I kind of scratched the surface on each of these topics.

2 people like this

A couple of questions have come up as I've just started playing...

Does putting points into the element associated with a healing spell increase how much you heal with that spell, as in Dofus? For example, would raising Chance increase the amount I heal with my water spells as an Eni?

Is saving up 150 points to put into an AP worth it?

And lastly...any build you'd recommend in particular as an Eni :D? I'm really inclined to a fire based build as I really like the Marks. I want to be able to heal effectively - is Unnatural Remedies + Fire spells capable of dishing out potent heals consistently, or should I be considering putting points into Chance (if the answer to the first question is yes) to increase my healing potential with my water spells?

Thanks much ^^

Edit: Question from a friend I've been playing with. He's been playing a Sacrier and is looking to make an Agility build. Is Agility suitable for functioning as a tank? Also, what should he be putting his points into? Save for AP maybe?

Edited by Flourish

Hello there, Infiniteus!

I'd like to know if intelligence Sacriers are good for a starter and also what I should level/build on that (in case it's good).

Cheers!

J.

A couple of questions have come up as I've just started playing...

Does putting points into the element associated with a healing spell increase how much you heal with that spell, as in Dofus? For example, would raising Chance increase the amount I heal with my water spells as an Eni?

Is saving up 150 points to put into an AP worth it?

And lastly...any build you'd recommend in particular as an Eni :D? I'm really inclined to a fire based build as I really like the Marks. I want to be able to heal effectively - is Unnatural Remedies + Fire spells capable of dishing out potent heals consistently, or should I be considering putting points into Chance (if the answer to the first question is yes) to increase my healing potential with my water spells?

Thanks much ^^

Edit: Question from a friend I've been playing with. He's been playing a Sacrier and is looking to make an Agility build. Is Agility suitable for functioning as a tank? Also, what should he be putting his points into? Save for AP maybe?

Yes. Same with intelligence for fire healing. General damage equipment will benefit all types of healing. Heal% is an additional stat that acts as a nice little bonus on gear, but only affects heals.

Saving up 150 points to stat an AP is almost always worth it. Same with MP.

I recommend a fire build later on hybridizing into air. Air does fantastic damage, and fire is all the heals you ever need plus a lot of utility that water cannot provide. UR + fire spells are just as powerful as water healing spells but suffer from low range and no AoE heals. However they make up with it with Massacuring Mark to heal melee allies and Sadist Mark to doubly the heal or heal ranged allies that kill a target. I find fire more potent and flexible to work with, so that the Eniripsa can also dish out damage.

Air Sacrier will not make for a good tank. You'll want to be earth to benefit from Coagulation shields. Also save for AP, then MP. My philosophy is that healers, tanks, and supports should also be able to deal damage. Therefore I'd personally say he should raise strength after that to augment his earth damage, if he truly wants to tank. If not, AP/MP/agility is a perfectly reasonable build.

Hello there, Infiniteus!

I'd like to know if intelligence Sacriers are good for a starter and also what I should level/build on that (in case it's good).

Cheers!

J.

Intelligence Sacrier is a quality pick. Very powerful, especially with the Punishment spell. You'll have sustained health through Blood Pact as well as a Clinging to Life turn to help facilitate low-HP soloing.

I recommend focusing on Burning Blood, Bloodthirsty Fury, and Punishment early on. Burning Blood for AoE damage, and BTF + Punishment for high single target damage when your HP percentage is lower than yours. As you get more AP, you should switch from Burning Blood to Blood Rush to help facilitate combos.

Start by pumping points into health points, and at level 30 your respec quest will activate. Remember to use it two days later, and take an AP. Save your points for an MP at 51, then pump intelligence.

Level up Angrr first so you have some good early level damage. Then Blood Pact for low level HP sustain/restoration. Moribund and Clinging to Life are good skills, but very optional. I recommend taking Attraction and possibly even Transposition to help facilitate movement on the map. But don't take Transposition until you're ready to go to a Blood Rush build.

1 person likes this

Something mid-to-long range that's easy to play, hmm. Perhaps a Rogue would be right up your alley. They are very intuitively simply to play. Fire revolves around placing bombs and blowing them up, or letting them sit on the map to create a firewall that harms enemies as they walk over it. Earth plays by battering your opponents from afar with devastating long-ranged resistance-piercing shots. You can raise it by just pumping your initiative as well instead of damage, since they have a passive that converts initiative (up to 467) into damage.

Alternatively, and now that I think about it this may be a better option, a Fire Foggernaut. Foggernaut are one of three classes that buff their own health by up to 20%. This health buff will actually restore 20% of your health at the end of every combat, reducing the need for a healer. They deal strong long-ranged AoE damage making them good to farm content with in the early game.

The classes in Wakfu share a similar niche to that of Dofus, but they all play out wildly different. Classes are constantly changing and being revamped every few months too, ensuring that nothing stays the same.

If anyone's answers weren't thorough enough, please feel free to further elaborate on your inquiries. I'm happy to assist with more in-depth questions. I just woke up some I kind of scratched the surface on each of these topics.

Thank you so very much, this helped a lot. I know what I'll be making when I start now :)

firefogfirefogfirefog<3<3<3.

Thanks a ton for the answer :D

I've one more question for now - do your Citizenship points carry over when you switch nations, or do you hafta start anew?

Thanks a ton for the answer :D

I've one more question for now - do your Citizenship points carry over when you switch nations, or do you hafta start anew?

Once you switch nation, it resets your citizenship points back to zero. You can switch nations once a month.

1 person likes this

Thank you!

Hi Infiniteus, I recently made a sacrier and was wondering what other class would compliment it? I know in Dofus the obvious choice was always eni but i'm not sure how different they are here. I was thinking about a class that can help with map manipulation like a panda or maybe a feca for their defensive abilities.

Thank You once again :]

just a quick question, what teams well with a chance sadida for low level stuff?

both brand new to wakfu so yeah, nothing too complicated :3.

Hi Infiniteus, I recently made a sacrier and was wondering what other class would compliment it? I know in Dofus the obvious choice was always eni but i'm not sure how different they are here. I was thinking about a class that can help with map manipulation like a panda or maybe a feca for their defensive abilities.

Thank You once again :]

It strongly depends on your suit of Sacrier. Earth being a powerful tank, Air being decent air DPT, and fire being a very powerful fire melee DPT. But melee combat is very punishing in Wakfu typically. A tank would do you no good in a duo since you'll be in their face fighting anyways. If you want something that can damage and provide extensive utility, consider either Xelor or Masqueraider. They have high difficulty cap but the payoff is very rewarding with them.

Xelor provides amazing damage at the higher levels (and even great damage early on due to the immense passive damage from their specialties) while also providing great map manipulation tools and even a revival spell, making them the only other class other than an Eniripsa that can revive in combat. Their revival tool is also much more powerful.

Masqueraider does intense work via their Masked Spirit active skill which for two turns per combat allows them to summon a clone which copies their exact stats and spell pool. Their water spells deal very high burst damage while also having the capability to both heal from a range and swap with allies.

If you do decide on Eniripsa, I recommend fire Eniripsa since as a melee combatant for the most part, you'll benefit hugely from the Massacuring Mark specialty.

just a quick question, what teams well with a chance sadida for low level stuff?

both brand new to wakfu so yeah, nothing too complicated :3.

Sadida in general, are a very unbalanced class in the sense of extreme weakness compared to other class. I wouldn't recommend Sadida as a long term class for anyone, and Sadida players have been whining and complaining on the OF for as long as I could remember now (leading me to believe the second revamp is a moon and the stars away from ever happening).

The game for the most part feels very brute-force in most approaches with battle. The weaker your team is, the more strategy you need to win. Sadida is great for strategy, but unfortunately the reward for being strategic can never outweight the reward for clearing encounters fast.

That being said, if your heart is set out on Sadida, something that has some range would be useful to synergize with the Voodoll totem specialty. The heals are okay. You may want to consider hybridizing with air to provide damage support while reducing the resistances of enemies of whatever you choose to fight.

A tank may also be useful. An Earth Feca gets its maximum defenses while doing its maximum damage combo (Fecammer + Feca Staff @ 6 AP, for a beginner) and so can provide okay damage while keeping enemies locked down once you manage to level up some of the lock specialties. It won't block all the damage but it'll certainly block a lot at the later levels. A water Sadida can help upkeep them after. Hybridizing earth, you can apply more shields to your blocker to make them impervious. Hybridizing with air, you can combo with their Volcanic Harmor in later play to remove hundreds of resists from a target you really want to burst down.

Im an int/agi iop as i stated in my other posts.

What spells should i level? I was going like this

1. Max Jump
2. Max Compulsion
3. Max Authority
4. Max Virility
5. Max Defensive Stance
6. Max Locking Pro
7. Max Show Off
8. Remaining stats into Increase

However, i have looked into other things online saying not to max both locking pro and jump, or to max flatten instead of jump, or to leave show off at lv one, or to leave authority because it means you cant backstab, or that i should max bravery standard, or that defensive stance is shit.

Help plx :D

EDIT: I am now lv 34, 1ap from stat points and 15 points left. I know i need MP, int, agi and kit skill - when should i get the kit skill in all that? After int/agi or after mp or before MP? And should i ever put any points into anything like lock/dodge/hp/initative?

Edited by sommanker

Im an int/agi iop as i stated in my other posts.

What spells should i level? I was going like this

1. Max Jump

2. Max Compulsion

3. Max Authority

4. Max Virility

5. Max Defensive Stance

6. Max Locking Pro

7. Max Show Off

8. Remaining stats into Increase

However, i have looked into other things online saying not to max both locking pro and jump, or to max flatten instead of jump, or to leave show off at lv one, or to leave authority because it means you cant backstab, or that i should max bravery standard, or that defensive stance is shit.

Help plx :D

EDIT: I am now lv 34, 1ap from stat points and 15 points left. I know i need MP, int, agi and kit skill - when should i get the kit skill in all that? After int/agi or after mp or before MP? And should i ever put any points into anything like lock/dodge/hp/initative?

These should be your priority in this order:

1) Compulsion: Early damage that you cannot go wrong with. This passive will give you more damage than any set will for a while.

2) Authority: Augments Compulsion and is a priority spell since you've chosen air, and thus have several attack procs each turn.

3) Virility: Bonus health which extends your health pool and can heal you at the end of combat.

4) Jump: Better mobility allowing for easy access to the rear or to position between enemies for Iop's Wrath. By the time this is maxed, you should already have 8 AP.

After that it doesn't matter really what you take. Locking Pro is more of a PvP skill since most enemies have means to escape your lock, while most players have low dodge.

Increase can be used by any branch to stun with the earth skills. Earth builds just deal better damage while stunning, but that doesn't stop an air or a fire build from using the increased stun rate to stun anyways. Increase when maxed converts Power into stun chance % at a 2:1 rate. Power is generated via Authority or Jump.

I wouldn't recommend leveling Bravery Standard. It doesn't do much for you when leveled.

Defensive Stance is a solid spell that'll give a sizable amount of block for just 2 AP. This synergizes very well with the AP cost of your other spells.

Flatten is a useful mobility tool that will let you travel the same distance as using Jump twice, but for no MP cost.

Finally Show-Off is a great skill to have at higher levels when your teammates start to crit a lot. Works well with your fire skills. Since Preparation is only useful for one attack, you have to make the bonus damage count with your heavy-hitter attacks (Judgment and Iop's Wrath).

Get your MP next. After that it's a matter of how well you can obtain gear. Kit Skill is only as useful as your ability to continuously obtain gear higher leveled than you.

Ok, thanks

Im still confused about the authority thing tho - does the power buff make up for it making you lose the backstab bonus? Because i don't want to lose any damage.

Edited by sommanker

That's out-dated information. It no longer turns the enemy to face you. It was changed during the release of Wabbit Island, due to the fact that the Lenald enemy was immune to frontstab damage.

Oh! Okay, thanks :) The tooltip for authority still talks about enemy turning around so i was confused.

EDIT: Just got myself a dt, got a few more Q's with it:

1. Is feeding it all i need to do?
  2. Do i still get bonuses from my pet when riding it?
  3. How often will it gain more stats?
  4. It says it has 20hp - what is this hp used for?
  5. What do i do if it runs out of hp?
  6. Does that work the same with pets?
Edited by sommanker

What spell progression would you suggest for a Fire Foggernaut?