• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extreal

Queen of Thieves

153 posts in this topic

Uusimene don't be so butthurt.

Great insight. I'm still gonna do it without too much trouble. It just won't be as fun.

I don't think your attention span could handle reading through everything though. This is not a personal problem, I don't have a mental handicap for doing difficult content.

Haters gonna hate, likers gonna like... and subscribe to dofus... for 1 month

2 people like this

I agree with Ussimene: the new gear is quite powerfull and people can now wear it because they abused several bugs making the dungeon easier then it should be. *

Mainly the whip bug is a big problem in the strategy needed to beat this dungeon: cleary, killing (several) bombs during your turn instead of letting their natural mechanism for detonation work is not how it was ment to be. There's a reason why the bombs are invulnerable and who killing them on your turn should be impossible, thats how the devs designed the dungeon. The use of a whip is a bug and if you cant beat the dungeon without it, you do not 'deserve' to wear the gear.

*Dungeon is too hard though, so in the end, it will be nerfed some more till its hard enough, but doable, without bug abuse.

Edited by koentjuh1
3 people like this

I don't see why they would revert achievements, there's no bug as Whip is doing exactly what it says it does - kill allied summons regardless of its hp/effects. It just happened to be an oversight on their part with its interaction for this dungeon. They didn't reset Freez achievements the several times they redid the dungeon to make certain classes have a harder time soloing it, this isn't really much different. On a similar vein, you could say that they should strip all Osas of every combat related achievement since they had the old Spiritual Leash when they did them. The Almanax reset was purely a bug in that the bonus wasn't working as intended, and it had a massive effect on people's ability to do things.

1 person likes this

You can complain about the dungeon, but don't start trying to get other people achievements revoked just because you can't do it..... bad sports... why not try to find another "bug" before it gets nerfed, like what they did.

I am not complaining 'because I can't do it', I havent even tried yet since its the end of the schoolyear, so nothing to do with bad sports.

However, using a whip to manipulate a quite important part of the strategy feels quite unfair, since the people who (ab)used that cleary didnt do the dungeon the way it was intented too. (Also notice that most teams do not die because of the monsters, but a bomb kill a team member. Avoiding that is quite a cheat?)

And for a while, who knows how long it will last, the pieces of gear still have the achievement as a requirement, making it unfair.

But as I said, Im too busy to play myself so I cant really be bothered by a revoke or not, but I do understand the point Uusimene made and some people react way to hard on it, because he does have a valid point.

4 people like this

But how can they distinguish between the teams which have done it with an osa and those who did not use an osa, as there are several in the latter camp. A reset to the achievements would simply be a general one to any body who had managed to achieve it, hence why it would be totally unjustifiable.

2 people like this

Good point, troubled situation.

Its clear that there are people who obtained the achievement , and the boss materials offcourse, in the wrong way and do not deserve both, imho. However, its impossible to determine who used any of the glitches and who didn't. That makes a full revoke of the achievement unfair aswell.

Well, I guess Ankama did the best thing to solve this, how imperfect the solution may be.

However, people claiming Uusimene is acting so butt hurt, or claims that people who are complaining just complain 'cause we cant beat the dungeon and we're bad losers for not granting others their succes' are wrong. There is quite a moral aspect in the (ab)use of glitches and Uusimene is right for poining that out. Its true some people abused the system and have gotten their mats and achievement unjustified. No need to give him such a bad time and assume he's just jelly. There are other reason to complain.

85b.png

2 people like this

If you read what Snyler said about his duo, he seems to have barely used whip (maybe once, not exactly abusing a glitch imo) because it makes you visible and as far as I know he is the only person to have completed it, and hence the only person with the ornament.

I've seen video's where there are several bombs being whipped during 1 turn, making is a huge abuse because it completely ruins the mechanism of the bombs.

Even whipping it once disturbs their mechanism since the effects of the bombs take place during your turn, enabling you to do actions after the bombs explode. But certainly for duo its hard to call that abuse.

Doing duo on the boss is a true achievement, but I think the main problem is in the normal dungeon achievement, which is required to wear the gear. Some people can now wear the gear without actually dealing with the main mechanism of the dungeon, the bombs, correctly. And seeing how much of a struggle the bombs are, Im sure its the hardest part of the dungeon.

3 people like this

I'll leave this here ( don't think it was posted yet ) :

Snyler is just on another level I guess

Edited by Handz
5 people like this

2 things that got me most:

Killing an invisible monster in a trap chain - yeah it was only small and he guessed correctly on panda, but still how many people would even think to do that!

That bomb chain at around 12:30 which was just hot, I don't need to say any more about it.

2 things that got me most:

Killing an invisible monster in a trap chain - yeah it was only small and he guessed correctly on panda, but still how many people would even think to do that!

That bomb chain at around 12:30 which was just hot, I don't need to say any more about it.

that bomb chain looks very hot indeed. But what's so special of pidgins an invisible character into a chain ? I do it quite often so I don't get locked.

that bomb chain looks very hot indeed. But what's so special of pidgins an invisible character into a chain ? I do it quite often so I don't get locked.

Well it was the ease at which he guessed where queen was and then did it, but I suck playing my sram so anyone making a succesful trap chain seems good to me.

Hi guys , I am trying to do Queen of Thieves. Srambad's current combat modifier is Larceny ( CC steals life ). The problem is my team's damage is like halved. I don't know why I am hitting that bad, anyone knows? :c

The bombs reduce your damage.

The bombs reduce your damage.

Dang, thanks Ala :lol:

I havent fully focused on the Snyler fight, but I havent seen the use of whip. Looks like Snyler is one of the few who has complete figured out how to use the bombs in his advantage (and to not die from them)

I havent fully focused on the Snyler fight, but I havent seen the use of whip. Looks like Snyler is one of the few who has complete figured out how to use the bombs in his advantage (and to not die from them)

The title says 'sans fouet' which translates into 'without whip'. He could of whipped at times, but he wanted to show it really isn't necesarry. He did it this way because this is how he did the duo on sram/osa.

I know what sans fouet means. However, I didnt take a single moment to check out the title, so my bad.

Queen of Thieves is possible without whip, as Snyler proves. To do that, you do need to know exactly how the bombs work (something I still do not know ...) and be aware of it all the time during the battle.

I know what sans fouet means. However, I didnt take a single moment to check out the title, so my bad.

Queen of Thieves is possible without whip, as Snyler proves. To do that, you do need to know exactly how the bombs work (something I still do not know ...) and be aware of it all the time during the battle.

It's what I've been telling people ever since I attempted to duo it with sram + lumino. Combine a sram with a masq ( for dat easy Queen kill on turn 4 ) and a panda/enu ( map manipulators ) and you have a solid team to do it as long as you keep being focused on the bombs.

Ewelf combo of panda/masq/enu/rogue seems quite nice too.

It's what I've been telling people ever since I attempted to duo it with sram + lumino. Combine a sram with a masq ( for dat easy Queen kill on turn 4 ) and a panda/enu ( map manipulators ) and you have a solid team to do it as long as you keep being focused on the bombs.

I have no doubt thats it is possible. I think you dont even need certain modifiers to succeed, depending on your team (although some are very helpful during this dungeon). The complicated bomb system that adds an extra 'no zero tolerance for errors' aspect to the game, combined with the boss and wave system make it a very hard dungeon. Not impossible, but definitely far from easy.

Ewelf combo of panda/masq/enu/rogue seems quite nice too.

Indeed. Enu bribes and rogue sets bombs.... I guess Im gonna leech my rogue :huh: