• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jesternaut

Bonfire - A Guild for New Players

77 posts in this topic

Over the past several months, I've found a couple of players who were brand new to the game and couldn't make heads or tails of what to do, where to go, what to level, or who to talk to. I decided to lend them a hand, and help them get slowly accustomed to the game. A few of them stayed, saying how much they enjoyed the combat and the art style that Dofus has. The vast majority of them, however, decided to stop playing after a relatively short time. For every single one that stopped playing the reason was the same; not enough other new players around their level to simply hang out and do stuff with.

Seeing as how my current guild achieved roadkill status in terms of activity, I finally embraced the idea of forming a guild dedicated to helping out and tutoring newer players. So just today I gave my guild emblem a fresh coat of paint, changed the angst-riddled name to something more inviting and noobie-friendly, and started this Imps thread.

Bonfire is a guild to help new players (or older players that haven't played in a while and want to get back into Dofus). I want it to be relaxing and inviting, a place where people can seek sanctuary and knowledge from others. It's a place where new players can meet up with other new players and go on a brand new adventure with one another, discovering all the nuances that Dofus has to offer.

For me, the current in-game tutorial is rather...lax. It doesn't do the best job of explaining what a players class is capable of, nor does it properly explain characteristics, soft caps, or many other important aspects of the game. Yes it's easy to simply link somebody to the appropriate wiki page or a fan site and leave it at that, but that removes the human element of imparting knowledge from one person to another.

So with that all being said, I'm looking for two things;

• New or pseudo-new (haven't played in a long time and forget everything) players that would like a hand in getting accustomed to the game.
  • Other players that would like to join the guild and help tutor/mentor/help these new players.

The guild isn't for leeching or fast-tracking people through frigost mobs or just giving everyone a gobball set and having them fend for themselves; it's about the student/teacher interaction. Newer players get accustomed to the game and find a group of players around their level they can interact with, and tutors get the satisfaction and joy of helping out the future generation of Dofus players.

Furthermore, if you have a friend in real life that you think might be interested in Dofus, you're more than welcome to direct them here! The more you invite, the larger our server and community will grow, and the less people will call the server "dead" or "deserted."

I hope to hear many people either volunteer as mentors or help direct new players here! I already have several mentors and new players join, so there has been a bit of growth (unlike some other guilds I've been in charge of)! Message me on here or in-game (Jesternaut) if you would like to help out in some way or would like to hear more.

16 people like this

Sounds like a great plan, I might have to infiltrate the guild to re live my noobie days

Sounds like a great plan, I might have to infiltrate the guild to re live my noobie days

I guess that would be the ultimate test of concept, wouldn't it? Regardless, you're more than welcome to join as a mentor or stay undercover as a new player and see if the guild is up to snuff (that goes for everyone else reading as well!).

Good Luck With it Jester. Nice Idea too! =3

1 person likes this

This is a pro move. Many props. Hope it goes well and you help bring some life back to this sever.

1 person likes this

Epic idea! If you need help with anything let me know! I work a lot but find time to log a few each day would be more than happy to lend a hand!

1 person likes this

Thank you everyone for your support. All of you can help by finding and/or guiding new players to the guild!

Level 59! We've also recently bought a 9-slot paddock, acquired a guild house, and reached 32 members!

1 person likes this

Level 62 and up to 34 members!

Good job beloved Leprechaum. :wub:

1 person likes this

Great job, Sir! If I would be on Rosal, I'd surely join and help you out! Well, maybe someday :wub:

Edited by Jacuzzi
1 person likes this

In the past 3 day's we've had 3 brand new players begin their Dofus careers and join our guild! Hopefully they'll get even more people playing and we'll get a nice surge in the little community we've been helping to create.

1 person likes this

Gogogo jest

Level 64 and up to 54 members!

10/10 would bang

1 person likes this

I'll join if ya leech me through Nileza

Grats on level 64! :D

Hello, is it possible I could join this guild? I always enjoyed helping out newbies.

Of course! Message me in-game.

Level 66, now with 86 members, 4 houses, and 2 paddocks! Let the Bonfire continue to grow!

1 person likes this

Great job, Sir! If I would be on Rosal, I'd surely join and help you out! Well, maybe someday :wub:

Exactly what I am thinking as well. It is such a shame that this guild isn't on Rushu or Solar because I would join it in a heartbeat.

Thank you everyone for your support. All of you can help by finding and/or guiding new players to the guild!

You are the few remaining chosen ones that remain to give more and take less for others. A prime example for everyone to follow instead of bashing one another with colliding egos and hatred which doesn't get much done other then temporary satisfaction. If I ever become a guild leader again, I will do my best to follow a similar example like you have done. Keep up the great work and continue updating not only the guild level and members but what is also going around in the guild + the members within it would be exciting to hear.

2 people like this

Such a great guild to be in, beautiful guild chat and amazing atmosphere. :wub:

1 person likes this

Followed a friend into the guild. A week in, so far I'm enjoying the stay. Experienced members give great advices!

1 person likes this

Level 69! Up to 109 members now as well!

Proud member of this guild right here, always nice to be apart of something good especially when it's a good friend who is running the show!