• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veldin

Veldin's Youtube Channel!

264 posts in this topic

Do feca glyphs also change the AI in the same way as traps then?

Do feca glyphs also change the AI in the same way as traps then?

I've seen a video of a team using rogue's bomb glyph and feca glyphs without a change in the AI. That team had a sram, but that sram didnt use traps too often. There are always spots where the monsters can walk to the allies without triggering a trap. It seems that making a line of traps is required for the AI change. Until thats complete, monsters still show aggressive AI.

Edit: I should stop editting. I already editted this example in a previous post without video. Notice the modifier that multiplies the dmg done by glyphs etc. Thats why it works. Otherwise, this team would have probably lost.

Edited by koentjuh1
1 person likes this

How do your chars get such a high vit, did i miss a spell?

It's a combat modifier in Enurado. 50% extra vit, 10% less damage and unhealable state.

It's a combat modifier in Enurado. 50% extra vit, 10% less damage and unhealable state.

to clarify: Allies suffer 10% less damage. The damage your team does is not affected.

However, this effect is rather neglectable during Nidas, with the pouch giving you 10% more sustained damage every turn.

Ive noticed that if you stay behind the cover all the way down on the map, the monsters will act cowardly, since there's no way the can hit.

The monsters will charge when you move more towards the center of the map, because they can easely hit you with their ranged attacks.

I think the AI is not dependent whether there or traps on the map or not(this is just a safety backup incase a monster gets too close).

it's rather based on whether you are close within range to hit, or too far away.

1 person likes this

Hi I was wondering if you could post the guts your team used in Nidas dung?

2 people like this

Ive noticed that if you stay behind the cover all the way down on the map, the monsters will act cowardly, since there's no way the can hit.

The monsters will charge when you move more towards the center of the map, because they can easely hit you with their ranged attacks.

I think the AI is not dependent whether there or traps on the map or not(this is just a safety backup incase a monster gets too close).

it's rather based on whether you are close within range to hit, or too far away.

Behind the tetris shaped obstacle?

Because there are also two big obstable which u use to place the bombs, and hiding behind those obstables, on either the left or the right part of the map didnt change their AI.

Edit: rewatched the nidas statue video I posted. Sometimes, there are players not hiding, so either the traps do also have part of this AI change, or all monsters are range raped and already hiding.

Edited by koentjuh1

Behind the tetris shaped obstacle?

Because there are also two big obstable which u use to place the bombs, and hiding behind those obstables, on either the left or the right part of the map didnt change their AI.

Edit: rewatched the nidas statue video I posted. Sometimes, there are players not hiding, so either the traps do also have part of this AI change, or all monsters are range raped and already hiding.

Difference between traps and bomb walls/glyphs is that monsters don't really 'see' exactly where the traps are so they tend to be more cowardly towards them. Especially when they can't really reach you/ if it takes a lot of mp to reach you.

1 person likes this

Hi I was wondering if you could post the guts your team used in Nidas dung?

Sure I'll post some guts later tonight!

2 people like this

Loving your video's, Veldin. Subbed. ^_^

1 person likes this

Guts as requested for Nidas fight

I normally don't use rogue or xelor, but I was told they are particularly good in the dungeon.

Though I didnt use bombs that much to kill the enemies, and I didn't even used rholl back, so in the future those will be replaced with feca & sac.

Anyways,

Eni

]eni_zps551659a8.png

Hat is age old, cloak is eculture cape.

Int with some agi, using hot doggs to get 11/6base (1200 int,450 agi)

MP on age old, ap on kring, lots of fire power and decent heals

Enu

enu_zpscc2e79fe.png

Enu is in glacial, cryocrone

so hat is cryo, cape is glacial

Chance with some int and decent MP rape (1000 cha, 350 int, 600wisdom, 84MP reduc)

AP on cryo, MP on glacial

Iop

iop_zps1cab69cb.png

Treadfast iop,

Hybrid but focused on str

hat is missiz, cloak is xa (12/5)

AP bearbaric, MP missiz

for full PvM I run piwin and major goliath which comes out at 1K str, 300ish power

Masq

masq_zpsc7c529f2.png

Same set as iop except cloak is thousansds to reach 6MP base

6000vit 11/6 with really nice dmg

AP bearbaric, MP on missiz hat

can change cawwot for major vit thophy and come out at 6,2K vit

Panda

panda_zps3ccb6e22.png

12/6 1K chance

Danathors for iniwhore, cloak is glacial

ap & mp on bear rings

(Looking for a change on panda, help pls!)

Sram

sram_zps8381bc68.png

Treadfast, with fuji parts

MP fuji ring, AP fuji cloak (11/6)

Hybrid set with 90 critical dmg 300%ish power

xel

xel_zps272d5958.png

Omni xelor with focus on int

hat is missiz, cloak is thousand

Again same set as iop/masq

AP bear, MP missiz (11/6)

full int statted since AP rape is useless in PvM

Leech rogue because people told they were nice in Nidas

rogue_zps94f4c839.png

Specially leeched rogue for Nidas

198 with full allister, klime belt/cloak and sunshade because there is no better agi weapon at that level

AP on wedding, MP on allister

4,6K vit, 1,1K agi 6 range with nice res (can recommend this set for lower lvls)

If you have questions on other sets I use on any char let me know, hope this helped!

Also, in the future when doing Nidas, I will change out my flinties and go eternal wands! Range is win in Nidas!

5 people like this

Awesome guts.

Downside of using exo's: for the panda, both ring slots are probably the 'easiest' options to improve (except for resist, danathor is awesome), but you would lose 12/6 doing so.

Edited by koentjuh1

Awesome guts.

Downside of using exo's: for the panda, both ring slots are probably the 'easiest' options to improve (except for resist, danathor is awesome), but you would lose 12/6 doing so.

woops

Edited by Handz

Don't really think he's looking to 'improve' his guts

"(Looking for a change on panda, help pls!)"

Maybe he wants to downgrade his gear: Use AP/MP gelano. Or piwi ring. Whatever you want, its a change.

Edited by koentjuh1

"(Looking for a change on panda, help pls!)"

Maybe he wants to downgrade his gear: Use AP/MP gelano. Or piwi ring. Whatever you want, its a change.

I didn't even read, I blame my finals.

1 person likes this

I didn't even read, I blame my finals.

Lets hope you read more accurate during those finals, otherwise you have some other things to worry about then making a silly reply here ^^

You should probably wait 2 days before making any set changes.

Edit: btw veldin, what video editor do you use? I tried moviemaker at first but that gave me some problems with black bars. then I tried to use another program, but that was a demo apparently, and I can't use it anymore. I just tried installing lightworks, but it's really slow to work with.

Edited by captain-gale
1 person likes this

Awesome guts.

But full Bearbaric has a tendency to work with a lot of other sets, and also provides a decent chunk of init. It's not a bad choice for a PvM panda that usually doesn't need to cc.

Bearbaric + Age-Old is also pretty popular, but maybe the new dimension will have something better, because right now, Panda options are kinda boring.

Edit: btw veldin, what video editor do you use? I tried moviemaker at first but that gave me some problems with black bars. then I tried to use another program, but that was a demo apparently, and I can't use it anymore. I just tried installing lightworks, but it's really slow to work with.

My first guess would be Camtasia Studio, which is incredibly popular among Dofus video makers. It's not free, but... arr, matey?

I'd love some vids how you beat Count+Frizz/Sylargh/Nileza/Klime, basically the fantastic five achievement. Didn't find many useful vids for that achievement besides some teams just beating the shit out of them.

But full Bearbaric has a tendency to work with a lot of other sets, and also provides a decent chunk of init. It's not a bad choice for a PvM panda that usually doesn't need to cc.

Bearbaric + Age-Old is also pretty popular, but maybe the new dimension will have something better, because right now, Panda options are kinda boring.

Yeah, full bearbaric is very nice combo, but if you leave that set intact, what other options do you have to upgrade the set?

boots and cloak are already F3 gear, and if you keep the rings and weapon slot the same, it only leaves the amulet, hat and belt. Danathors.

Danathors is usefull aswell, because most of his chance comes from those three items (around 300/1000) including a bonus AP, 2 range and a lot of ini.

I totally agree how boring the options for (cha) pandas are.

Edit: Veldin, I assume the bear sword is cha maged for your panda? Im using ethical with my panda for the ranged dmg, but switching to full bearbaric set sounds nice aswell.

Edited by koentjuh1

The set looks really neat, but don't really want to lose 12/6 on panda.

This looks really nice for feca though!

Yeah I use camtasia studio 8, for recording and for editing as well.

Has a lot of options to it and is really easy to use

My first guess would be Camtasia Studio, which is incredibly popular among Dofus video makers. It's not free, but... arr, matey?

I thought about going int before, since leek pie is one of my favorite spells on chance panda :D

Though not entirely sure because the ini would most likely suck, and I don't want to spend 2 dofus slots on ini thophies/

I'd love some vids how you beat Count+Frizz/Sylargh/Nileza/Klime, basically the fantastic five achievement. Didn't find many useful vids for that achievement besides some teams just beating the shit out of them.

I will actually start recording those after my finals are done, already got some ideas of how to make those more accessible to people with lesser geared chars

2 people like this

btw, how do you make those custom thumbnails? when I use paint selecting is a bit difficult and it leaves rough edges, and when I past it on top of something else it has a white background I can't seem to get rid of.

btw, how do you make those custom thumbnails? when I use paint selecting is a bit difficult and it leaves rough edges, and when I past it on top of something else it has a white background I can't seem to get rid of.

All of the pics in vids and thumbnails are made in photoshop CS6