• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veldin

Veldin's Youtube Channel!

264 posts in this topic

I like the video, just a small note; the revival of killed monsters is actually 6 range and not 5. It's also clockwise revival, so it helps you plan out where a monster will be revived.

utbo.gif

3 people like this

I like the video, just a small note; the revival of killed monsters is actually 6 range and not 5. It's also clockwise revival, so it helps you plan out where a monster will be revived.

utbo.gif

Thanks for letting me know, edited in vid

Thanks for letting me know, edited in vid

Its mentioned multiple times, and only the first time is edited. When you show the overlapping AoE (0:16), there's still a 5 mentioned. Also, the images still show five cells. People might get confused, although I understand how incredible hard it is to correct everything. I just wanna warn you for possible confusion ;)

besides that: awesome video. Using the mechanoux to move Sylargh is a brilliant technique. If I could pull that off ..

Edited by koentjuh1

Its mentioned multiple times, and only the first time is edited. When you show the overlapping AoE (0:16), there's still a 5 mentioned. Also, the images still show five cells. People might get confused, although I understand how incredible hard it is to correct everything. I just wanna warn you for possible confusion ;)

besides that: awesome video. Using the mechanoux to move Sylargh is a brilliant technique. If I could pull that off ..

I won't go over re-uploading the vid just by one mistake, and the 5range AoE damage is still correct.

The only thing wrong there could be the picture because they monsters are only 5 range from eachother, and not 6.

Though thanks for pointing out

I won't go over re-uploading the vid just by one mistake, and the 5range AoE damage is still correct.

The only thing wrong there could be the picture because they monsters are only 5 range from eachother, and not 6.

Though thanks for pointing out

If they are summoned at 6 range, but their AoE effect is still at 5, wouldn't that disable the killing chains? Or does the effect have a higher range for revived monsters?

I struggle with the dungeon a lot, so this little details could mean the world to mean, sorry for being so annoying ^^

If they are summoned at 6 range, but their AoE effect is still at 5, wouldn't that disable the killing chains? Or does the effect have a higher range for revived monsters?

I struggle with the dungeon a lot, so this little details could mean the world to mean, sorry for being so annoying ^^

Correct, there will only be a chainreaction when an enemy has more than one summon out, and the first revived monster is killed.

When the first monster is killed, all the following summons of that monster will explode as well.

Wow, that explains a lot. I kept aiming for the closest revived monsters, assuming the dmg from its explosion was high enough for the chain reaction.

But, that would mean that the monsters dont die of a 'chain' reaction based on the AoE dmg but simply because its summoner died.

Edit 2: So, basicly, there isnt a special chain reaction system for this dungeon. Its just the overal game mechanism that a summon cant died without its summoner.

Just like killing a not-revived monster that had revived a monster will cause the revived monster to die (Yeah, I died once because of that. Some chars were above 90% because I was killing normal monsters, not revived ones).

Edit: after seeing my post, its frigging logical that a monster dies because its summoner is dead. I feel so stupid for not noticing it earlier.

Edited by koentjuh1
1 person likes this

Wow, that explains a lot. I kept aiming for the closest revived monsters, assuming the dmg from its explosion was high enough for the chain reaction.

But, that would mean that the monsters dont die of a 'chain' reaction based on the AoE dmg but simply because its summoner died.

Edit 2: So, basicly, there isnt a special chain reaction system for this dungeon. Its just the overal game mechanism that a summon cant died without its summoner.

Just like killing a not-revived monster that had revived a monster will cause the revived monster to die (Yeah, I died once because of that. Some chars were above 90% because I was killing normal monsters, not revived ones).

Edit: after seeing my post, its frigging logical that a monster dies because its summoner is dead. I feel so stupid for not noticing it earlier.

I think you're almost there, take the following example: Mecanofoux has 2 revived summons (1. Tinkerbear and 2. pingwinch).

If you kill the Tinkerbear, pingwinch will automatically die because the first revived monster died.

If you kill pingwinch, Tinkerbear will continue to live.

If Mecanofoux is killed, both revived enemies will die.

Thats a rare situation, cause that would mean I already killed 2 enemies. Thats very unlikely, seeing my talent to fail. ^^

1 person likes this

not sure if u have finished the king nida's palace but can u make a video if got it ? :D

not sure if u have finished the king nida's palace but can u make a video if got it ? :D

Nidas will be up very soon!

3 people like this

I may have quited but those are fun to watch! NEXT PLEASE HURRY UP LAZYASS.

Can I ask how you get such great quality on your videos? because I just tried to upload a video, and the vile before it was uploaded was a pretty decent quality(720p I'd estimate) but after it got uploaded to youtube te max quality became 360:/

Edit: nevermind, it suddenly became 1080p for some reason

Edited by captain-gale

youtube takes some time to render.

When the youtube video is uploaded, it take some time to process, the larger the file, the longer it will take.

And if anyone wonders, I record Dofus full screen so at 1920x1080.

Last one frig III, Missiz Freezz!

2 people like this

views_zpsf9b7e610.png

Reached 100 Subs, thanks everyone!

1 person likes this

I like how you didn't bring sram for Missiz, I guess you did it to show you don't specifically need one even though it makes it easier.

A small sidenote I couldn't resist, you wrote spells frightening trigger vulnerability. This, imo, is misunderstood easily.

Vulnerability is not triggered from direct pushback. I.e. frightening, blow, should not be used on the monster directly. Instead it needs to be used on a character, that gets pushed back within the linear/diagonal range of a monster where it is affected by the characters' movement to trigger vulnerability. If you push a monster directly it heals a significant % of it's HP, and does not remove invulnerability.

I understand it's difficult to explain in a video, but I think for complete newbies it needed a bit more explanation. Nice video overall :)

2 people like this

I like how you didn't bring sram for Missiz, I guess you did it to show you don't specifically need one even though it makes it easier.

A small sidenote I couldn't resist, you wrote spells frightening trigger vulnerability. This, imo, is misunderstood easily.

Vulnerability is not triggered from direct pushback. I.e. frightening, blow, should not be used on the monster directly. Instead it needs to be used on a character, that gets pushed back within the linear/diagonal range of a monster where it is affected by the characters' movement to trigger vulnerability. If you push a monster directly it heals a significant % of it's HP, and does not remove invulnerability.

I understand it's difficult to explain in a video, but I think for complete newbies it needed a bit more explanation. Nice video overall :)

Thanks for adding that bob, actually meant using spells like frightening, blow, on another char to trigger the pushback

1 person likes this

Sorry for the waiting guys!

6 people like this

I love the video.

Some info that might be usefull:

1) If a ally kills the pouch while its allied, it will re appear as a summon of the ally who killed it. So, the pouch is still allied but the 1.10x dmg is resetted. It stacks, so it could be usefull to do so around turn 9.
2) It is possible to get a 2nd pouch. I do not know how, but I've seen it happen and it will double the 1.10 dmg effects. Monsters hitted insane high even with feca shields active.

3) Really important to add, which your video doesnt mention. Your team uses a sram and an active use of traps. Traps do change the AI of the 'normal' monsters. Nidas still goes for your team straight, but all monsters go cowardly.
I've fought nidas with only a rogue, and only a bomb line will not change the AI of the monsters. However, I've seen a video where a team did nidas first & statue using sram traps to change the monsters AI. They hid away and never even dared to come close.

The most solid proof of this AI thing is when, in your video, some monster keeps killing the bomb you placed and after that, running back instead of forward to your team. The only reason why the monsters in your video got close is because your could target the bombs without crossing the trap lines. After they've done so, they run back.

Using a cra instead of a iop works great for this dungeon, both for giving range buffs as to range rape the levitrofs (their spell can be truly lethal. Swapping into a area with 16 monsters is not what you want.

Most teams die because they get outnumbered and closed in: killing nidas takes almost all effort in the first 3 turns. On turn 4, new monsters appear, starting the problems. Facing double the amount of monsters while you suffer double their damage can be quite a pain.

Edited by koentjuh1
1 person likes this

Thanks for adding the info on Nidas!

sram traps worked great to keep them away, I can highly recommend this cowardly tactic :D

Yeah, I know. But its quite important to know that sram are literally game changing in this dungeon. Still curious to see if Ankama will keep the AI of the monsters this way, since they hate the need of brining 1 class to rule all monsters.

Maybe they can name it Nidas, fellowship of the sram.

Yeah, I know. But its quite important to know that sram are literally game changing in this dungeon. Still curious to see if Ankama will keep the AI of the monsters this way, since they hate the need of brining 1 class to rule all monsters.

Maybe they can name it Nidas, fellowship of the sram.

More like fellowship of the rogue and cra.

More like fellowship of the rogue and cra.

A cra is certainly very usefull.

Both classes lack the skills to change the entire AI of all enemies. 1 single trap can do that.

Check the AI of this video, without a rogue. The masq in this fight does nothing but buff and masqeruade, because he would fail the statue achievement if he attacked. Ranged damage is all you need when you have the monsters go cowardly.

Edit: Veldin actually showed how -not- usefull rogue's are. Already said in my first post: their bombs are the only reason the monsters come close, because can be damaged without crossing the traps. All Rogues do is bring their team in danger because the monsters get quite close, but their bobs are often killed before they can do trap damage or even explode.

Edit 2: There's a video where rogue are usefull, but that is because of the modifier (the one where their bomb do 1.5 dmg and spells 50% less. In that video, the sram rarely uses traps and a feca is using glyphs aswell)

If the monsters cant hit a thing without crossing the traps, they hide.

Edited by koentjuh1