• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Germy

Hearthstone

237 posts in this topic

The idea behind a constructed deck is that every single card has a specific purpose in the deck.

You have a lot of random cards that makes your deck have no real focus.

I don't understand the point of the Robo-Cub, the Arcane X-nullifier, or the Nourish.

I'm assuming the subpar card selection is because you don't have any Naxx cards or most of the rares.

Well, I guess the Nourish is there for card draw, but you could just run a second Azure Drake instead.

Edited by Tuna

The idea behind a constructed deck is that every single card has a specific purpose in the deck.

I don't understand the point of the Robo-Cub, the Arcane X-nullifier, or the Nourish.

I'm assuming the subpar card selection is because you don't have any Naxx cards or most of the rares.

Well, I guess the Nourish is there for card draw, but you could just run a second Azure Drake instead.

The Nourish is there for card draw, yes - and I took it over drake because I found myself needing more cards and one wasn't enough.

The other two were there to add answers to early game stuff to get me through it because otherwise i get even more smashed by aggro. But yeah I don't have any naxx cards or epics.

The focus is to get to the late game asap and win with big minions.

They're inefficient. Run Pyro if you have trouble with aggro, senjin shieldmasters in place of that horrible 2/5. Nourish still seems incredibly clunky - too much so to have space to play it. Might consider running Earthring Farseers in your 3-slot for more anti-aggro over Harvest and Cobra, and could possibly add in another silence via Spellbreaker if need be.

I honestly can't really suggest much else, since Druid is fairly underwhelming without dust.

Not sure if the Stormwind Champion is that necessary.

Robocub might be good enough on its own, but I think it probably needs more mech synergy for it to really warrant a spot. Haven't quite done the experimentation needed yet.

Edited by Tuna

They're inefficient. Run Pyro if you have trouble with aggro, senjin shieldmasters in place of that horrible 2/5. Nourish still seems incredibly clunky - too much so to have space to play it. Might consider running Earthring Farseers in your 3-slot for more anti-aggro over Harvest and Cobra, and could possibly add in another silence via Spellbreaker if need be.

I honestly can't really suggest much else, since Druid is fairly underwhelming without dust.

Not sure if the Stormwind Champion is that necessary.

Robocub might be good enough on its own, but I think it probably needs more mech synergy for it to really warrant a spot. Haven't quite done the experimentation needed yet.

Trying -1 Harvest Golem +1 Earthen ring (I wanna keep the cobra because it is my only source of hard removal :< ), -Arcane nullifer + Sen'jin, -Robocub, +Pyro, -Stormwind +senjin, -1x Nourish +1 Azure drake.

When i eventually get my ancients of lore/war, what should I swap out for them?

i don't know, i think an early nourish could really turn the game in your favor in a ramp deck, and even if you don't get it early, the card draw is always a good option.

however, it fits a lot better if you have the ancients.

edit: also, get rid of the cobra... sure, it's "hard removal," but also pretty easy to deal with for the opponent, and won't usually work as intended.

Edited by Germy
1 person likes this

Nourish is basically only really good if you can play it and still have a good play on that turn. Otherwise you give up too much momentum just to play it. Maybe if you have faster stuff to accelerate into. If it works for you, keep it. I'm just not personally convinced of its usefulness.

I actually think the cobra might not be so terrible because of his double Druid of the Fang. Then again having a second Pyro or Grove Tender would probably be better.

Cobra is not being overly useful lately; replace with pyro, farseer, or grove tender or something else?

EDIT: Since you guys seem to be very good at advising me about decks, what do you think of my zoolock and shaman decks? How could I improve them?

Zoolock:

1x Shieldbearer

2x Scarlet Crusader

2x Argent Squire

2x Defender of Argos

2x Doomguard

2x Dark Iron Dwarf

2x Abusive Sergent

2x Flame Imp

2x Voidwalker

2x Knife Juggler

1x Faerie Dragon

2x Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Soulfire

1x Elven Archer (I replaced one mortal coil with this because it can target hero when they get left on 1hp with massive taunts and is an extra body)

1x Mortal Coil

2x Dire Wolf Alpha

2x Harvest Golem

Shaman:

1x Whirling Zap-o-Matic

2x Flametongue Totem

2x Rockbiter Weapon

2x Flame Elemental

1x Doomhammer

2x Chillwind Yeti

1x Argent Commander

2x Unbound Elemental

1x Stormforged Axe

2x Feral Spirit

2x Lighting Bolt

2x Lightning Storm

2x Azure Drake

1x Cairne Bloodhoof

1x Ragnaros the Firelord

1x Mana Tide Totem

1x Sen'Jin Shieldmasta

2x Hex

2x Earth Shock

(Evaluate both as if I have no GvG or naxx cards)

EDIT: Fml, preist just thoughtstole power of the wild and a druid of the fang -.-

Edited by sommanker

Some replacements can be made for both decks - notably your yetis for gnomish inventors in shaman and your elven archer and shieldbearer with something significantly better, and your zoo curve is slightly on the heavy side. I'll touch on it more in detail later (gotta assemble those decks and see what's lacking first) but they're not too bad.

Edit: I took another look at it - your Zoo is ok, though I'd take out Shieldbearer, Faerie Dragon, Elven Archer for 2x Young Priestess and 1x Ironbeak Owl.

Your Shaman deck is solid, I'd personally replace the Yetis and Senjin with 2x Argus/Gnomish Inventor, and 1x of Gnomish Inventor/Argus, depending on how much card draw you need.

To be honest it's pretty much the same as mine, except I run an Ooze instead of the 2mana 3/2 windfury (which is there in place of Bloodmage Thalnos, which I don't have), and Al'Akir instead of Rag.

Also I don't put Cairne in because he's too slow.

I also run 2x Defender of Argus in place of your Yetis, and instead of Senjin and Stormforged Axe, Cairne and Argent Commander, I run 2x Haunted Creeper and 2x Nerubian Egg.

Slowly grinding out arena runs for GvG :(

Edited by Tuna
1 person likes this

Made some modifications to zoo and shaman.

As for the druid, I tried -1x Cobra +the second pyro and liked it - but my minions take much dmges, so now im trying -1x Grove Tender +the second earthern ring farseer.

Dumped grove tender so the curve stays the same and because I often only cycle it anyways.

Testing new decks now.

EDIT: Druid feels better but I really need those epics/legendaries.

I never was much good as Shaman, I usually mulligan for unbounds/ferals and if I get ferals then flametongue but I find myself getting out-board controlled and running out of steam and then being screwed... It feels like I need the perfect draws and answers or I have a 100% lose.

Zoo is better.

EDIT:

Although a load of stuff is probs gonna change cos' (HOPEFULLY) I'll get naxx soon so.

Edited by sommanker

-1 Sen'jin +1 BGH to druid deck.

EDIT: Getting naxx in january.

EDIT: Rank 10! <3

I made some more edits to druid, -2x Druid of the Fang, -2x PoTw, +1 Sunwalker, +1 Harvest golem, +1 Starfire, +1 Grove tender

EDIT: Rank 9! <3

Edited by sommanker

Updated zoo based on xixo's deck (eu version) (http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/473834-xixo-zoo-how-to-get-three-1-legends) with which he got rank #1 legend on all servers.

I get naxx tomorrow (fingers crossed :D)

Basically, i'm going (atm) to go with:

2x Undertaker

2x Haunted Creeper

2x Nerubian Egg

2x Dire Wolf Alpha

2x Abusive Sargent

2x Implosion

2x Doomguard

2x Knife Juggler

2x Flame Imp

2x Voidwalker

2x Leper Gnome

1x Power Ovewhelming

1x Void Terror

1x Echoing Ooze

1x Frostwolf Warlord (Because I don't have the sea giant he runs, and this still works well as a replacement with haunted creeper & implosion)

1x Dark Iron Dwarf

1x Defender of Argus

2x Harvest Golem

Basically, netdeck with two minor mods: I sub frostwolf for sea giant, and sub void terror instead of tinkmaster.

Edited by sommanker

Not sure if Frostwolf is a good 'replacement', considering that Sea Giant was there to counter opponents who try to flood the board against you.

Good luck though.

ty :)

EDIT: I got all the cards needed for hunter & warlock decks - really liking the new decks :)

I'll get the rest of naxx done soon.

What do you think of that feugen/stalag rivendare reincarnate ancestral spirit shaman? (I'd need to craft earth elementals tho :()

EDIT: Woah - My face hunter (the one that was in meta last november) is doing better than zoo oO

EDIT: LOLOLOLOLOLOL i just lost to a mage: He was 4hp, me 13 hp. We were on 10 mana. I was like - he has no hp, i have eaglehorn, leokk and my hero power to win, he can't win. He pyroblasted me. I was like ok he cant do anything else, hes dead. He started spamming sorry - and i thought i was being bm'd but i thought he couldn't possibly do 3 dmg to me on no mana - only summon a wisp or target dummy or something stupid - but he was bming me; he had got that minion with battlecry - deal 3 damage to both heros from his unstable portal two turns ago. That now cost 0 mana.

Icri - that is like the only minion that was a 100% chance for him to win w/ it - as opposed to something like mad bomber.

EDIT: Clockwork vs Leper?

Atm im running clockwork in zoo and leper in hunter

Zoo really isn't doing anywhere near as well as i expected :( Maybe RNG just isn't on my side today

Edited by sommanker

Im laughing so hard right now LMAO

A warrior was just against me, i was on 28 hp and he was on 5hp - I had a full board, he had nothing (I was zoo) all game he had done pretty much nothing except draw cards.

Then, he did this:

Raging Worgen, Inner Rage x2, Rampage x2, Taskmaster and Charge.

The RNG is so unfair D=

EDIT: I also got mass one turn damaged by some rogue and mage malygos combos.

Otherwise, I think I have discovered the zoo I currently like the most (although I get destroyed by Priests :/ - Unless I manage to get out a massive frostwolf on turn 5/6 and have that carry me - without him having SWD)

1x Power Overwhelming

2x Abusive Sargent

2x Clockwork Gnome

2x Flame Imp

2x Voidwalker

2x Undertaker

2x Dire Wolf Alpha

2x Haunted Creeper

2x Nerubian Egg

2x Knife Juggler

2x Harvest Golem

1x Scarlet Crusader

2x Imp-losion

2x Dark Iron Dwarf

1x Defender of Argos

2x Doomguard

1x Frostwolf Warlord

EDIT: Thinking of adding a BGH to zoo oO

These massive minions & massive taunts are devastating. If I had TBK i'd add that probs lol

I'm also trying to build mech mage now - need 240 dust for second snowchugger and 2 blastmage and its finished (I crafted a load of other general mech cards yesterday because)

Edited by sommanker

Still grinding out arenas for dust and gold. I opened a Gahz'rilla but I don't have the Steemwheedle Snipers to try out control Hunter.

Sitting pretty at about 900 dust with maybe 400 to be collected from dusting spares/goldens?

Gonna craft a Dr. Boom :D

1 person likes this

Nice ^^ gl :)

HYzZBcl.jpg

:>

1 person likes this

Nice! What did you get from it?

nvm

Edited by sommanker

Gold gold gold.

TtGD0IC.png

Been working on this deck recently. So far it's the most fun deck I've played since GvG came out. Used to have Ragnaros in place of Archmage Antonidas, but caved in and crafted Antonidas. Considering making Flamestrike a one-of but it's very good against the mech-decks - I slowly wrest back control of the board from them by turn 5 or 6, then they dump their hand and flood the board again. If I don't have Flamestrike it's very very difficult to get back into the game from there.

Any suggestions for improvement?

So far I think priest is the only class that is consistently difficult for me to face.

Shrinkmeister+Cabal is just so ridiculously good on my Water Elementals and Sludge Belchers, and their minions have high enough health that they don't die to Flamestrike alone.

Early game is also difficult since I don't really have a proper answer to T1 Cleric, and their 3 mana 3/4 out-trades all of my low-cost drops.

In the mid-game I struggle to retain board control because of Circle of Healing+Auchenai shenanigans, as well as the Shadow Madness+Recombobulator nonsense.

I win lategame if I manage to keep my board control til then, but if they manage to wrest it back, getting a hold of it again is just so difficult.

Handlock is slightly in my favour but surprisingly not as easy as I'd have thought despite the BGH tech. I'm not remotely afraid of them but I haven't been getting easy wins from them either for some reason. Perhaps my draws were just bad. Edit: The addition of Antonidas makes Handlock super easy now heh.

Control Warrior is a walkover in my favour.

Zoo/Hunter is a tossup as to whether or not I can get Frostbolt and Mad Scientist in my opening. Hunter requires me to get an Antique Healbot along the way as well.

Aggro Paladin is insane. So impossibly difficult to deal with because of their sheer tempo. Explosive Sheep gives me the win here though.

Seen close to no druids.

Aggro Mech-Shaman is easy as long as I can get a Frostbolt to take out their Whirling Zap-O-Matic. Otherwise my Snowchugger/Mad Scientist just gets stalled out by Annoyatron and then I die to 2x Crackle later in the game.

Rogues are ez.

@Somm:

You have too little early game and only 1 Consecrate. Still, your 2 Truesilvers may help.

As long as you can get board control in the early game you should be fine - your lategame has exceptional quality cards.

Lack of early game drops will screw you over though I think.

Edited by Tuna

Gold gold gold.

TtGD0IC.png

Been working on this deck recently. So far it's the most fun deck I've played since GvG came out. Used to have Ragnaros in place of Archmage Antonidas, but caved in and crafted Antonidas. Considering making Flamestrike a one-of but it's very good against the mech-decks - I slowly wrest back control of the board from them by turn 5 or 6, then they dump their hand and flood the board again. If I don't have Flamestrike it's very very difficult to get back into the game from there.

Any suggestions for improvement?

I disagree with double mad scientist with only two secrets - if you draw one secret, it makes one mad scientist bad. I'd say either add another secret (mirror?) or dump one scientist.

Also, why is toshley in there? Ik he is a good card generally, but are there any better cards considering that (it seems to me at a glance) that the spare parts don't offer that much in your deck? I dunno what you could replace him with, maybe just better stats or that rag back? I dunno. If the spare parts are of use though then keep him.

Mad Scientist is there to stick a body on the board on T2 versus aggro, which helps tremendously in slowing the bleeding. Also as a secondary concern mage secrets are so expensive that casting them manually sets you back in terms of tempo fairly heavily before the lategame hits.

I did replace one of the Acolytes for Mirror Entity - I have no troubles out-valuing most other control decks such that the second Acolyte is superfluous.

Toshley is there for the synergy with Archmage Antonidas, as well as being an additional 6-drop threat to plop onto the field (the other alternative would be Cairne, who gets Shrink+Cabal-ed by Priests, making my matchup against them even weaker. The spare parts are actually fairly useful as well in their own right.

Pretty happy with the -1 Acolyte for +1 Mirror Entity though, gains me a lot of tempo which I sorely need in certain matchups.

LOL I just drafted the WEIRDEST arena; 4 ironbark protectors, 2 force tank max and a fkin nozdormu! (Woulda taken hogger over it but I figured it would be fun lmao), lets c how it does xD

2 Wins.

Nozdormu won one of them cos' he took too long tho :D Too much late game - 3 ironbarks out at once lel (Albeit is kinda shit when you get 3 ironbarks and nozdormu in opening hand -.-)

Edited by sommanker

Mad Scientist is there to stick a body on the board on T2 versus aggro, which helps tremendously in slowing the bleeding. Also as a secondary concern mage secrets are so expensive that casting them manually sets you back in terms of tempo fairly heavily before the lategame hits.

I did replace one of the Acolytes for Mirror Entity - I have no troubles out-valuing most other control decks such that the second Acolyte is superfluous.

Toshley is there for the synergy with Archmage Antonidas, as well as being an additional 6-drop threat to plop onto the field (the other alternative would be Cairne, who gets Shrink+Cabal-ed by Priests, making my matchup against them even weaker. The spare parts are actually fairly useful as well in their own right.

Pretty happy with the -1 Acolyte for +1 Mirror Entity though, gains me a lot of tempo which I sorely need in certain matchups.

Okay. I completely overlooked the toshly+archmage synergy.

Looks pretty good ^^

Probably could be improved but if you want to know how, don't ask me :P

Okay, made some druid edits, deck is now this:

2x Innervate

2x Zombie Chow

2x Wild Growth

2x Wrath

2x Wild Pyromancer

1x Big Game Hunter

2x Earthen Ring Farseer

2x Swipe

2x Keeper of the Grove

1x Sen'Jin Shieldmasta

2x Azure Drake

2x Druid of the Claw

1x Sludge Belcher

1x Starfire

1x Cairne Bloodhoof

1x Sunwalker

1x Ancient of Lore

2x Ironbark Protector

1x Ragnaros the Firelord

The only edit i think i might make is -starfire +sludge but I might not.

What improvements do you think could be made? That don't involve crafting more epics/legendaries, obviously. EDIT: And oh yeah, should I craft ancients of war or lore 1st (I already have one lore now :))? I think i'll scrap the ironbarks for war and probably starfire for lore.

Edited by sommanker