• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Germy

Hearthstone

237 posts in this topic

i meant to add you! but maintenance :(

let me know if you do an arena run and maybe want advice idk

also, if you get 0 wins in arena, you're still guaranteed a pack, so in general buying arena runs is a better use of your gold assuming you're competent (and if you're not, it's still a better use because you need the practice!)

Oh really? Whoa, I didn't know about the free pack part. Damn lol, I just bought a pack too!

I think I get a free arena run, but I mightv lost it after closing the window xD . I'll have to try it tomorrow. Though I'm kinda trying to get my levels to 10 from practice battles before I go into arena (since practice battles stop giving exp after 10 apparently and I still don't have a feel for basically every class but druid and priest).

I just read that you don't have to do the battles all at once, which is a huge relief. Is there a time limit for picking cards when drafting? The screenshot on the wiki didn't seem to show one (I hope there isn't...)

Fuck, I'm getting too excited over this shit. Drafting in MTG was one of my favorite things to do (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and this seems similar enough to have the same feeling. WHY THE FUCK DID I BUY THAT PACK!

1 person likes this

The free arena run doesn't go away if you close the window.

There isn't a time limit during the drafting phase ^^

Also, you can stop at any point in time and come back later (except in the middle of a game, of course), be it drafting, picking a class, or just resting in between battles.

I'll add you in a bit :P Feel free to ask if you need advice, though MTG experience will probably pull you pretty fast along the learning curve.

1 person likes this

The free arena run doesn't go away if you close the window.

There isn't a time limit during the drafting phase ^^

Also, you can stop at any point in time and come back later (except in the middle of a game, of course), be it drafting, picking a class, or just resting in between battles.

I'll add you in a bit :P Feel free to ask if you need advice, though MTG experience will probably pull you pretty fast along the learning curve.

dayum... they really thought this through!

Yeah, the game is pretty simple. I'm obviously playing against scrubs so far in casual since I'm a beginner. It will be interesting to see how much I get owned in arena. I have a sense of how much I should value certain cards, though I'm not going to ruin the fun of looking up the card list (aside from secrets.. I should know about those). Will be interesting to see if I overvalue stuff based on comparison against what I currently have.

First draft is apparently Rogue, Warloc, and Paladin. No doubt I'm going Paladin. Rogue seems shitty in draft and Warloc will require too much card knowledge to not fuck myself over. Hopefully I can get to 3 wins lol.

So I only saw 3 taunt cards my entire draft. I was lucky to pick 2 of them. Instead, my way of surviving is making their minion attacks 1 and just ignoring them xD . And I save blessing of kings and blessed champion in my hand the whole game and steal the win when I'm about to lose. Fucking hilarious. 1/1 knight token left and they tryin to get in the damage. Boom! 10 dmg they lose. This deck is terrible tho lol. 2-1 so far (1st game the dude was really smart and was at 20 hp. My 5/4 + token could only do 19 T.T)...

Ok well I managed to go 3/3. Couldn't draw anything my last game... I was 1 turn away from kill combo, but they destroyed the dude :/

Edited by Archangel-xx

That's not bad for your first try :P

Taunt cards /tend/ to be so-so in terms of value - probably the only good neutral taunts are Shen'jin Shieldmasta (4 mana 3/5), Fen Creeper (5 mana 3/6) and Abomination (5 mana 4/4 upon being killed deals 2 damage to everything, including yourself). The rest are pretty mediocre or just plain bad.

Sunfury Protector (2 mana 2/3) and Defender of Argus (4 mana 2/3) also grant taunt status to the minions directly adjacent to them, with Defender of Argus giving them a +1/+1 bonus along with it. These 2 are pretty much staples in most controll-y decks nowadays.

Edited by Tuna

A bit off topic but has anyone heard of HEX shards of fate?

I was thinking of playing hearthstone when I heard about HEX so I figured I'd wait till end of closed beta (missed the kickstarter options :( ) rather than starting to learn hearth and then confusing the two when HEX comes out.

i haven't, sorry! come play hearthstone :D

2 people like this

That feeling when you are going to win the next turn, but they topdeck a charge card to kill you. I was gonna win w/ 1 hp against the hunter guy, but they play the beast draw card, play a beast to silence my taunter (id live w/ 1 hp after they attack + hero spell), but he draws into charge T.T

That feeling when you are going to win the next turn, but they topdeck a charge card to kill you. I was gonna win w/ 1 hp against the hunter guy, but they play the beast draw card, play a beast to silence my taunter (id live w/ 1 hp after they attack + hero spell), but he draws into charge T.T

A hunter drawing into charge? Boy that's highly unlikely ... like under 75% , i feel your pain.

A hunter drawing into charge? Boy that's highly unlikely ... like under 75% , i feel your pain.

was arena. that was the 1st charge card they played and they had no cards in their hand till they drew into it

and LOL! This arena draft I just did... 4 starving buzzards. Too bad only got 1 unleash the hounds :(

Ok that was fucking bullshit. This deck was so good, but I went against 3 mages and they counter the fuck out of me >.>

Edited by Archangel-xx

1trlua.png

Idk if anyone reads this topic anymore but I wanted to share my double legendary card pack. I was so excited tho I already have alexstrasza and Nat pagle is useless legendary imo.

2 people like this

That's pretty neat! Alex is a rather good legendary, too bad you already had it. Ah well, dust value! ;)

go claim your free arena run if you haven't already! new cards are pretty fun

i went 11/3 and 9/3 with druid and mage decks yesterday!!

1 person likes this

Got back into Hearthstone a couple of months ago, hit legend in October just for the card back ^^

Fairly excited to see what GvG will do to the metagame!

DUEL ME PEOPLE

1 person likes this

Heh i started playing this 2 months ago now, remembered seeing a thread about it on here but couldn't find it. Here it is :P

Waiting till christmas to buy naxx now :P

Info about me on hearthstone.

Current rank = 14

Best arena = 5

Highest rank reached = 11

Most played decks: Shaman, Zoo.

Currently trying to make: Hunter, handlock.

Want to make: Druid, priest, warrior.

Hate: Rogue

Currently owned legendaries: Cairne bloodhoof, ragnaros.

IGN: Sommanker

Money spent on game: £0

What are you guyses igns? :P Would like to increase friends list from 0.

EDIT: Ugh so many tongue smilies in this post :P

Edited by sommanker
1 person likes this

Capricorn #1574

Sent.

mine is in my sig! and in first post idr the numbers right now

1 person likes this

Btw im on europe

Ah. I'm on the Americas server xD

1 person likes this

Using a pack I just opened I got a load of dust (Golden hungry crab xDDDD) and decided to build a druid deck.

It has no epics in it, so no ancients of lore/war. I wish I could but... I don't.

What do you think of this?

2x Innervate

2x Power of the wild

2x Wild growth

2x Wrath

1x Savage roar

1x Acolyte

1x Grove Tender

2x Swipe

2x Keeper of the grove

1x Nourish

2x Azure drake

2x Druid of the claw

2x Druid of the fang (Considering swapping one out for venture co - so I don't need a beast)

2x Starfire

1x Cairne bloodhoof

1x Mech-Bear-Cat

1x Stormwind champion

2x Ironbark protector

1x Ragnaros

It feels pretty powerful to me - enough early game, a lot of late, 7 card draw stuffs, big minions, good clear...

I'm liking it. Now i just need those ancients.

And a cenarius. And a sylvanas... And a tbk.

EDIT: Losing pretty hard to priests :/

EDIT: I get #rekt by priests. What could i change to counter priests?

EDIT: Trying out -1x Acolyte, -1 Starfire, +1 Yeti, +1 Twilight drake.

EDIT: I seriously love the turn two power of the wild panther, turn 3 innovate + druid of the fang.

EDIT: Goodbye venture co, hello starfall. Because getting smashed by small minions. Also, goodbye savage roar, hello anodized robo-cub. Also, goodbye twilight drake, hello mark of the wild.

EDIT: Archmage antonidas is OP with spare parts.

EDIT: Goodbye yeti, wb second druid of the fang.

_______

After all changes, deck now looks like this:

2x Innervate

2x Power of the wild

2x Wild growth

2x Wrath

1x Anodized robo cub

1x Grove Tender

1x Emperor Cobra

1x Harvest Golem

2x Swipe

2x Keeper of the grove

1x Arcane Nullifier X-21

1x Nourish

1x Azure drake

2x Druid of the claw

2x Druid of the fang

1x Starfire

1x Cairne bloodhoof

1x Mech-Bear-Cat

1x Stormwind champion

2x Ironbark protector

1x Ragnaros

Edited by sommanker

I'm on Europe but I'm still noobish, have played just a couple of times. :'3

Made some more modifications to my druid deck, see the thing i posted in the first place. Whaddaya think?

It's... underwhelming, to say the least.