• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
del Monte

Emerald Dofus: Guide

156 posts in this topic

del Monte did it again!

I'll make use of this once update is launched

Thanks del, always saving us ;)

From what I have been able to decipher on various French forums, they messed up and forgot to turn the bandits on so they are not back in the game.

I am still waiting to hear if it gets fixed, but I am at the same spot.

Three more to finish.

Thanks alot!Thanks again

This is beyond great! Will make use of it for my masq's Emerald x)

Thanks!

Also it seems the next should be turq since they are making the Dofus in level order :P

This is beyond great! Will make use of it for my masq's Emerald x)

Thanks!

Also it seems the next should be turq since they are making the Dofus in level order :P

hope so, I don't wanna use my precious money to buy one

looks interesting.

Ty man.

Yay, guides~

oh, this is pretty damn nice! you can actually start working on it before the actual update (for those who don't have the prerequisites ready).

I'm gonna make sure I'll finish those pandala quests I am missing before December 10th, thanks! :)

Great job, can't wait to use this when Beta is released :D

Well done DM. Great guide.

Surely they are going to target Kaliptus or Crimson next. I haven't quite got my head around the Turq being dealt with the same way.

Well done DM. Great guide.

Surely they are going to target Kaliptus or Crimson next. I haven't quite got my head around the Turq being dealt with the same way.

Kaliptus wouldn't be a bad idea. They could even update the Dofus in alternating order:

• "fake/non-Bolgrot" Dofus (Cawwot)
  • "original" Dofus (Emerald)
  • "fake/non-Bolgrot" Dofus (Kaliptus)
  • "original" Dofus (Crimson)
  • "fake/non-Bolgrot" Dofus (Vulbis)
  • "original" Dofus (Turquoise)

I've been waiting for this. Much appreciated, del Monte!

Bandits were fixed in last nights update to the test server. I will be hunting them to day, but if anybody finds them before me, please post a location.

Okay, from what I can make out Bandits are random respawn monsters, not NPCs. Anybody can hunt them, but only people with the quest will pickup the drops.

They will have to be found and fought multiple times to complete the quest. It seems each one gives a shell fragment and you need 5 (I think) of each fragment to make a full shell.

They did however add a favorite area for each one to the bestiary with last nights update. Most people seem to think they have a 12 hour respawn time. This means getting you Emerald by the quest method just turned into a long endurance test.

And we still haven't seen what the last few quests have in store.

Of course I could be wrong about some of this, being that I am getting information from what I see on the test server as well as what I can get from Google Translate on the French forums. And we know how perfect Translate is!

I didn't expect it to be too easy, but this kinda disappoints me.

I'd like to clarify a couple of things about Cania Bandits.

Okay, from what I can make out Bandits are random respawn monsters, not NPCs.

The Bandits are treated like bounties. It means the changes to bounties spawn system in 2.17 are applied to them as well. It means:

• bounties spawn just like archmonsters - after a certain period they will be automatically inserted into a random mob in the area
  • if bounties are killed without the relevant quest (Wanted Notices for regular bounties, Emerald quest for the Bandits) they will immediately reappear in another mob (just like when you kill an archmonster without souling it)
  • bounties are considered as the monster leaders - it means they will represent the monster group on the map if you have disabled an option "Display all the monsters in a group" and could be easily spotted without the need to hover the monster group
  • (updated on December 3rd) the respawn time of archmonsters and bounties is no longer fixed - it's a random value between 50% and 150% of the original respawn time. This random value is generated each time there's a respawn. Example: Let's say the original respawn time of a bounty is 12 hours. After the update its respawn time can be anything between 6 and 18 hours. The first respawn might take after 7 hours, the second after 11 hours 20 minutes, the third after 6 hours 40 minutes, the fourth after 15 hours, etc.

They will have to be found and fought multiple times to complete the quest. It seems each one gives a shell fragment and you need 5 (I think) of each fragment to make a full shell.

According to the bestiary, each of the Bandits also drops a full scale. Likely, you need to kill each of them just once if your quest is active. The scale fragments seems to be a feature which allows others to progress the quest in an alternative way - by buying fragments and crafting scales. The scale fragments belong to the Skins category - it means they can be sold and bought on the resources market. All drops from the Bandits have 100% drop rate, but scales, scale fragments, and Evil Skull (no idea what are these for) are conditional drops.

I'd like to test if it's possible to soul these Bandits and if it's possible to drop scale fragments in arena. If yes, I wonder who can drop them - all chars? Only chars who are doing the quest? Or maybe the chars who have Evil Skull in their inventory (that would be my guess).

They did however add a favorite area for each one to the bestiary with last nights update.

Each Bandit has two favorite areas:

• Eddase the Killjoy - Coast Road and Rocky Road
    emerald-medasse6792.png
  • Eratz the Protester - Cania Lake and Cania Massif
    emerald-meratz8006.png
  • Nomekop Wodly - Cania Peaks and Rocky Plains
    emerald-mnomekop7566.png
1 person likes this

Thanks for that, your info was much better than mine.

I am still unhappy about the respawn thing. It means there will be lots of waiting if yuo aren't lucky enough to find them right away.

Also, what do you do with the follower when you kill them?

Also, what do you do with the follower when you kill them?

No idea. So far I've only found Edass, but a group was already fighting him...

But yeah, the respawn is a little bit ridiculous. Maybe because it's a test server where everybody and their mothers are looking for the Bandits at the same time. I imagine it will be easier on regular servers where only a few people hunt them.

It seems they did that just to make the quest for Emerald longer than it really is.

I am going to get to them on the first day, hopefully most people will hit a speed bump at the breeding part.

1 person likes this

Okay, I managed to capture Nomekop. I went and showed his scale to the witch.

Now what the hell do I do with the follower?

I don't wanna log off or fight another till I know I don't have to drop him somewhere.

Did anybody manage to finish all the quests before the server went heroic?

I only got 2 of the bandits and didn't have time to finish.

I would love to know what I missed.

Yep.

After you craft an amulet from the scales you morph into a cool dragon and fight Dark Vlad

92odkaP.png[

The dragon form has now 10k hp instead of 20k hp (it was changed in the latest beta patch).

Anyway, I updated the main post with info about the bandits and a brand new cool map of the Evil Forest.

Edited by del Monte

Any details on the quests between the bandits and the Vlad fight?

Sadly, no. I logged off as soon as I saw the beta turned heroic.