• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Infiniteus

Post Your Guts (Wakfu Edition)

318 posts in this topic

I haven't kept up majorly with moon gear, nor do I know exactly the best pieces for pvp sadida specifically, but I can say that Lucloak is definitely a very strong choice for pvp sadida. The current nigh-undefeatable meta for pvp sadida (at least in 1v1) is to stack up ridiculous amounts of resistance and HP, and overwhelm your opponent with dolls that have similarly insane amounts of resistance (and which grant you even more resistance). That said, you'll want to look for gear that has an adequate amount of +control to support the volume of dolls you'll be putting out, and stupid amounts of HP/res, even at the cost of AP or MP (your dolls will be doing the brunt of the work, after all.) It gets to the point where focusing the sadida with all his dolls out is simply not an option due to his insane res thanks to the dolls, plus the self heals and shields he can stack on himself, and trying to focus the ultra-powerful is almost equally ineffective due to his very high res and decent HP (which is based off of your HP), plus the fact that the ultra-powerful does not gain heal resistance thanks to being a summon, and can also be shielded.

One VERY succesful pre-moon pvp sadida utilized a Makabrafire Ring, which reflects 10% of all damage dealt to the wearer. I'm not sure how effective that is, considering you'll be taking minimal damage thanks to your res, but it's certainly something that can, if nothing else, aggravate your opponent. You might consider a Happy Sram Kimono as an epic, which would cost you an MP (12/5), but majorly boost your resistance and HP. You could even put an Accounts Key along with that, which would cost you an AP (11/5), but be another pretty decent boost to HP and resistance.

If you want to look at moon gear, I'd suggest first turning your attention to the gear from the Kannibal dungeon and mobs. I recall the gear from there had okay resistance (sometimes uneven), but having absolutely amazing HP values, which would be a huge boost to your dolls' own HP pools.

Another consideration for your epic could be Indestructible Boots, paired with a Withered Breastplate. This gets you up to 12/6, or 11/6 if you use an accounts key. For a belt (again, not considering moon gear) The Tight Shadow is kind of a hidden diamond for tankiness, as it gives +30 res (already nice for a belt), +10 resistance to backstab AND +10 resistance to critical hits.

For the other pieces, I don't feel comfortable suggesting things without first peeking at Moon Gear to see if there's anything tremendously better for tanks compared to previous equipment, so I might browse that and get back to you :P.

1 person likes this

A little update, guess this is the final set, at least for now...

iXbdIkW.png

5 people like this

Jealous of those eps. Sick gear!

amlmXN4.jpg

Slowly becoming the Sacrier I want to be. 10 more level till the big 200, and only missing a few upgrades, need to finish rune'ing.

Current plans is the following:

• Upgrade SB Helm to Koko Beenie
  • Upgrade to Kokocord
  • Upgrade to Epaupeyes
  • Upgrade Left Ring Slot(Suggestions needed)
  • Upgrade Weapon Slots(Again Suggestions Needed)
  • Rune
  • Metamorfo Damage Runes to Beserk runes for a net +200 damage.
1 person likes this

Jesus, looking at the stats of characters from the last page from the first page.

Mind blowing.

2 people like this

Jesus, looking at the stats of characters from the last page from the first page.

Mind blowing.

If you think that's something, seeing hardcore present now is...

Is there anything special about lvl200 like dofus' lvl 200 aura?

Not really. The only real special thing about level 200 is that you unlock a 6th passive slot, which is a damn huge upgrade, but you unlock passive slots as you level from 1-200 so it's not 200 exclusive.

I wonder why noone is posting here. I'm curious!

1 person likes this

Because most of the previously active posters don't play anymore.

Eww that's so sad :(

14 hours ago, Matt5150 said:

Eww that's so sad :(

If Ankama actually cared about Wakfu like they do for Dofus and sorted out a lot of their underlining issues (support and payment options, to name a few) maybe people wouldn't be vanishing left right and center.

/rant

I'll probably end up returning in a month or two.

Edited by The-Sadist
English is hard :(
1 person likes this

Wakfu is still a good game :P

Ankama do care for it, I think we just don't see as much evidence of it.

Personally, I think alot of Ankama's issues would be solved if there was a higher emphasis on endgame content and a lower experience curve meaning that it isn't quite as grindy (I've tried to introduce many, many people to Dofus and Wakfu both over the years and all quit since they found it too grindy and got bored between lv 80-130 in Wakfu or 40-80 in Dofus) but then again, for people like me that lessens the sense of achievement. There are many kinds of players and in the current era, there are less of the type that enjoy MMOs on the grindier end. It's very difficult to strike a middle ground and like practically every MMORPG companies out there, Ankama are not godlike enough to manage it, instead sticking with what they currently have - although admittedly they did take a step, albeit not a gamechanging one, in the opposite direction with Dofus recently with the XP curve changes. 

Yeah, it's sad af :'(

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Sommanker said:

Wakfu is still a good game :P

Ankama do care for it, I think we just don't see as much evidence of it.

Personally, I think alot of Ankama's issues would be solved if there was a higher emphasis on endgame content and a lower experience curve meaning that it isn't quite as grindy (I've tried to introduce many, many people to Dofus and Wakfu both over the years and all quit since they found it too grindy and got bored between lv 80-130 in Wakfu or 40-80 in Dofus) but then again, for people like me that lessens the sense of achievement. There are many kinds of players and in the current era, there are less of the type that enjoy MMOs on the grindier end. It's very difficult to strike a middle ground and like practically every MMORPG companies out there, Ankama are not godlike enough to manage it, instead sticking with what they currently have - although admittedly they did take a step, albeit not a gamechanging one, in the opposite direction with Dofus recently with the XP curve changes. 

Yeah, it's sad af :'(

Don't get me wrong, I love Wakfu. I love the style, I love the art and I love the music. But I feel If the game was run by a different company maybe it wouldn't be in the state it's currently in. That being said, I always return to Wakfu for a month or two after taking four or five months off, I don't think I will ever fully quit the game. I really enjoy playing and grinding through content when I return and discovering all the fixes and changes, but I feel the game will never really recover. Ankama as a company are horrible, I don't think I have ever had a ticket resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner. I don't know, it can't be helped. People come and people go, but only a few really stay for the long term. As you said the endgame isn't really there and the grind only puts people off.

Sorry about the rant! The game is great, everyone should come back and play!

*Urge to play Wakfu rising*

1 person likes this

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Matt5150 said:

I wonder why noone is posting here. I'm curious!

It's complicated, but essentially the game has deviated too far from its initial concept. You have a poor smithmaging system, uninspired crafting system, one-dimensional character building (majority of stats are sub-par, and while you can possibly make something viable, you'll still be second-best to more popular builds), new content virtually mirroring old content, unlike Dofus where certain areas at least have continuity and are connected, Wakfu is just a series of random islands. When these elements appear poorly made from the start and you have to re-do them three times, and they're worse than they were in the beginning, then this tells you something. Wakfu will never compare to Dofus in its prime. It was fun when it was first released because people saw it had potential, but that potential never realized and sadly never will. The game is too far gone now. As others have said, the people who play it enjoy for what it is, or have invested too much time and effort to quit.

I enjoyed it back when I played, but I doubt I'll ever play again. The spell-revamp broke the camel's back for me.

But hey, if you like it, play. I know it's a little discouraging playing a game that isn't very populated, but if you can find some enjoyment with the small crowd you have around you, don't let it deter you. I just had ulterior motives.

Edited by Deli-Market
1 person likes this

It's time to reanime this topic.

I think it's the last time with big ass damage since with the next post there will be 200-250% damage nerf to everyone.

So there is my Iop's guts.

PS: I know, I should change my cape but I don't like any cloaks ATM.

EDIT: ARGH I uploaded 2 attachment, How can I delete one?

1473613339187.jpg

1473613339187.png

Edited by Matt5150
3 people like this

Nice guts,  I should probably spam you to carry me through high end content pls.

Yeah sure, but I'm playing much these days. I'm waiting for the next patch :3