del Monte

Great Coralator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

POPULAR

GceusCu.png

Ice Dofus: Guide

In this unbearably long wall of text that nobody's going to read I will try to assist you with obtaining Ice Dofus: a Dofus tied to Frigost Island which gives bonus to all damage. Sure, you could just look at the achievement page and work your way from there, but it's not useful, fun, and you can't read it when you're bored at work. Enjoy.

Table of Content:
Introduction
About Ice Dofus
Preparation
General Tips
List of Required Achievements and Quests
Quest Guide

Introduction

Dofus veterans remember the days where there were only two ways of obtaining Dofus eggs. The first one was to run long and tedious dungeons with aggressive monsters and deep holes inconveniently placed along the road. The second one was to farm certain bosses to the death; either theirs or the player, from boredom. But the joy of finally dropping the precious Turquoise on 180th Dragon Pig soul matches nothing else. Except maybe the disappointment when you discover it's a measly +11 Critical Hits one. Ochre and Dolmanax introduced a new way of getting Dofus through a long quest while offering a fixed bonus.

Ice Dofus however is a horse of a different color. To get it you need to do a series of long quests. Or to be precise a series of achievements obtained by doing long quests.

About Ice Dofus

• Ice Dofus gives 20+ bonus to all damage. I will leave the discussion to players whether the reward for doing all the quests is adequate or not. Keep in mind that individual quests and achievements also offer smaller rewards. After doing the whole series you will easily amass millions of kamas and experience.
  • Ice Dofus, just like Dolmanax, is linked to the account. You can trade it between characters on the same account but if you want to use it somewhere else you need to do unlock the achievement again. It cannot be traded, bought, sold, or stolen.

Preparation

Remember that time when you wanted to craft something but you forgot to prepare all the mats and you missed one of them, much to the annoyance of the crafter? And then when you arrived to the workshop again you realized you're crafting the wrong item? And then when you finally thought you got it right this time you discovered you already had the item crafted but you just want it maged? (True story.)

A thorough preparation is important not only in crafting but even more so in doing Frigost quests. There are couple of things you should do beforehand to make things less frustrating.

The Vaccine

Frigost quests require you to do a lot of fighting. Just so it happens certain monsters have a chance of dropping a curse called Lurgi. It distorts your speech a little and forbids from talking to the majority of NPCs. And since quests are given and advanced by talking to NPCs you need to get rid of Lurgi each time you catch it by entering five fights. It quickly gets really annoying. Not to mention bosses can infect you with stronger version of Lurgi called Sarapox which temporarily debuffs wisdom, range, and initiative. Pretty ugly if you ask me. Therefore permanently immunizing yourself to these diseases is a priority. You need the associated quests for the Ice Dofus anyway so you might as well do it at the beginning. The minimum level to start the quest is 120.

Quests needed for the permanent vaccine:

The Dungeons

It would be too easy to have all Frigost at your feet from the beginning. That's not the case however; your access to the island is restricted from the start. To unlock every part of the island you need to defeat Frigost dungeons in order: Royal Mastogob and Royal Pingwin, Buck Anear, Obsidemon, Tengu Snowfoux, Korriander, Kolosso, and finally Celestial Bearbarian. Doing so also unlocks the Frigostian Carriers which allows you to move between major locations in a couple of seconds. Chances are you probably have done them already. If not, do them after obtaining the lurgi vaccine. The suggested level to face the last boss, Celestial Bearbarian, is 190 - but feel free to attempt dungeons sooner if you have a good team or feel like having a challenge.

Although Frigost 3 dungeons might seem nigh on impossible, with enough attempts you will learn fight mechanics and mistakes to avoid. If after several attempts you're still not making any progress, change your team composition (remove/add characters, switch classes). Look up videos of fights on YouTube for some inspiration, but keep in mind that some of them might be outdated. For example, final map in Missiz Freezz's Frostforge was changed in one of the updates, making all videos uploaded before it obsolete. Sorting by the upload date (as opposed to by popularity) will help you find newest videos.

The Skis

Frigost is like Australia: it's huge and everything tries to kill you. Quests demand you to travel from one location to another and places of interests are spread across the whole island. Walking between them takes long time and there are no zaapis and only three zaaps on this damn block of ice. Luckily there are consumable skis that act like recall potions to certain location on Frigost: entrance to Frigost Village, Frigost Carrier, Royal Mastogob Greenhouse, and Royal Pingwin Excavation. To use them you need to complete quest Star Ski and Dutch and be in snowy areas of the first part of Frigost. After completing the quest you can buy skis from ski shop (duh) at [-82,-46] for 50 kamas each. The skis are bound to the character. As they tremendously help with getting around do this quest as soon as possible. You need to unlock Petrified Forest area before - you can do it by defeating Tengu Snowfoux.

Quests needed for the skis:

Alignment

Achievement Too Cold For Zero requires you to do quests given by Brakmarian or Bontarian supervisors, Oto Mustam and Amayiro respectively. They hand out Frigost-related quests only if your alignment level is at least 1.

Neutral characters can access this quest at Ankama Castle from the NPC in the second room (courtesy of Ala).

General Tips

Now that you know how to comfortably navigate vast terrain of Frigost here's some free tips that make it even more breezy.

Multiple accounts

Doing quests for Ice Dofus on one character seems like a tremendous effort. You might think doing them on multiple characters is a challenge of epic proportions. In reality it's only marginally longer, even on eight characters. Yes, on some occasions it will be slower, especially when you need to do quests one character at the time. Picking plants for Sustainable Growth is a notable example; good luck with that. But there are times when you will benefit from extra characters - any quest where you need to kill monsters for drops for example.

To halve walking time use marriage teleportation as often as possible. If the quest requires you to travel between two locations back and forth split your group into two parts, one spouse from pair in each. Walk one half to the destination, teleport back to the starting location, walk second half, teleport back again. Bind spouse window to shortcut for faster access.

Use Alt-Tab or Alt-Esc to quickly cycle through Dofus windows.

Keeping the track of your progress

Many quests call for dropping or collecting multiple items. You can check their amount in your inventory in quest tab. Or you can simply drag them onto your itembar so you can take a look at them without entering any menus.

Drag and drop Quests and Achievements buttons on your grimoire bar for fast access. Or better yet bind them to easily accessible keyboard shortcuts.

List of Required Achievements and Quests

Friboff - Frigost introduction quests

Stop Right There - Frigost access quests

Town Hall Crawl - Frigost Town Hall's quests

Winter is Coming - Count Harebourg Castle's main quests

Too Cold For Zero - Snowbound Village's main quests

Freshly Laid

• The Ice Dofus - automatically validated upon completing all of the above quests and defeating Count Harebourg once again

Quests Guide

All quests related to Frigost are explained in detail on Dofus Wikia. Still, there are some information that might be helpful and are not so obvious and are presented here. Feel free to ask fellow forum members if you're stuck and you can't find the answer.

Quests Order

The above list shows quests in order in which they appear on related achievements. It might be a little confusing to follow, because not all quests are available from the start. As you complete quests, more will become unlocked. But where to start? Where to go next? Fear not! You can use this handy flowchart which shows all quests requirements and dependencies (click to enlarge):

w1tCc98l.png

Quests related to dungeons
In some quests (The hunters is one of them) you need to defeat boss monsters. I know what you're thinking but souls don't count. To validate quest you need to reach the specific map found only inside the dungeon.

Multiple quests require you to visit the same dungeon more than once. To save time use the following list to plan your quest order to validate many quests simultaneously (Frigost Access quests are listed first and are in italics):

Additionally, souling rooms with Revishes in Missiz Freezz's Frostforge will help with quest If Only I Could Turn Off Time, as Revishes can be found only inside the dungeon. (courtesy of Melii)

Quests related to monster drops
In some quests you are required to get special quest items. They can be dropped from certain monsters only if you're doing that particular quest. Usually the drop rate is 100% but sometimes it's limited to one drop per monster per group; no matter how many characters in a group are doing a quest. Some other times quest items don't have guaranteed 100% drop rate - use prospecting equipment and do the challenges to increase your chances. If you have problems locating monsters that drop a particular item you can use Bestiary for assistance. Just make sure to tick the option Display conditional drops at the bottom.

The Survivors of Frigost
It is advisable to do these quests along Sustainable Growth. Many of them overlap - for example Low-Cost Heating and Tyler Rose, Tyler Rose, oh!/Bad Seed both require you to kill Tears of Ouronigride monsters.

Snowbound Village

You can only talk to NPCs in the Snowbound Village if it's free of Snowfouxes' invasion. If Snowfouxes are present, you have to clear the village. It is advisable to do all three quests from Snowbound Village Survivors line in a quick succession to avoid clearing the village multiple times.

Sustainable Growth
This series of quests is long but pretty straightforward. You talk to NPC, kill monsters from respective area for drops (100% chance of dropping when the quest is active; the number of monsters to kill increases by 5 each quest), collect ten plants from respective area (you don't need profession and the respawn time is about five minutes), and then return to NPC, rinse and repeat.

There are usually three locations of flowers and seeds in each area. You can either do rounds and collect all of them (takes about 20 minutes) or camp one location (takes about one hour).

Sometimes the plants (especially seeds) won't show on the map after five minutes. To see them you need to relog, enter a fight or a challenge, or simply change the map.

If you're doing this quest on more than one character, consider splitting them between flowers and seeds path. This way you can harvest unique plants twice as fast (courtesy of Azn).

Dungeons and Dragrunts
There's no need to run the dungeons again - if you completed them before Lou Bricante will validate the quest.

A Mine of Information
In this case yes, you need to run Sakai Mine again. There's no quest associated with it so the game cannot know whether you finished it before or not.

Any corrections and suggestions are welcome.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Edited by del Monte, 25 July 2013 - 10:02 AM.

• Mexiah, Neuro, Maguls and 52 others like this

Veldin

Veldin

C-c-c-combo breaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts

• Dofus Server:Rosal
  • Dofus Class:Sram
  • Alignment:Brakmarian
  • Dofus IGNs:Veldin
Fucking Genious
  • Melii likes this

Latest video:

impsprotoz_zpsc9ee38aa.png

Click here for my Youtube Channel

Iced_Lightning

Iced_Lightning

Plain Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Thx Sae

z1hksid.jpg

Hugh-Hefner

Hugh-Hefner

Plain Crackler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Dofus Server:Zato´shwan
  • Dofus Class:Enutrof
  • Alignment:Bontarian
  • Dofus IGNs:Hugh-Hefner
Perfect for when im on my phone at school browsing imps :D ohh wait....i skipped class to get fadedPosted Image IM AT HOME!Posted Image

HUGH-HEFNER | 200 ENU
Eni 200 Cra 199 Xelore 199 Iop 199 Panda 199 Feca 196

bobeur

bobeur

Wa Wabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• Dofus Server:Rushu
  • Dofus Class:Eniripsa
  • Dofus IGNs:Dyprax
Great guide, luckily I already did most of these on my main chars (well, still finishing the harvestPosted Image )

Edited by huntdown, 17 April 2013 - 06:47 AM.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Tagor

Tagor

Soft Oak

• Members
  • 3836 posts

• Dofus Server:Shika

• Wakfu Server:Remington
  • Nation:Bonta
  • Wakfu IGNs:Tagor (Sac), Manisa (Panda), Princessa (Eni)
Thanks heaps for the guide. I spent probably four hours yesterday doing quests on Frigost with my eight characters. Many of these quests are such a pain but getting there. I do indeed hate the gathering of plants when there are three locations, 5 minutes spawn time and 8 characters needing it. :huh:
Shika
  • Tagor (Xelor)
  • Prince (Eni)
  • Ileoni (Enu)
  • Princessa (Eni)
  • Manisa (Panda)
  • Diavola (Sram)
  • et al.

sommanker

sommanker

MY LIVI ATE MY KAMAS!

• Members
  • 1639 posts

• Dofus Server:Shika
  • Dofus Class:Osamodas
  • Dofus IGNs:Sommanker, Superfoot, Theranged-one, Epic-Bomber, Ozo-moosetak, Mr-Indecisive, Drunky-Pandary, Feco-Bruno, Fogeristic-Fish, Mr-Trapped

• Wakfu Class:Iop
  • Wakfu IGNs:Sommanker
We I saw a mod equip it in a vid somewhere. It gives % resistances.

Edited by sommanker, 06 April 2013 - 05:33 AM.

]Lvl 199 osa. Proud member of FALLEN. (ASC - Ascendance) With lv 10x rogue, lv 5x fogger, lv 8x cra, lv 6x sac, and lv 5x masq as alts. On 'Shika' sever, 'cos shikians rule!

Also a lv 7x (soon to be 8x) Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington :).

I also play other games like Zelda, Minecraft, Runescape sometimes, and League.

Scroll ordering (Small/Medium only) - Wild Mount ordering - Buying Roses of the Sands

dsmuer73mxp3t15vefgl_thumb.png33f4v2t.png99u2ov7of5agxiokxxck_thumb.png

myAvatar_zpsfc84661a.jpg

Coopers

Coopers

quiet or riot

• Members
  • 2176 posts

• Dofus Class:Enutrof
  • Dofus IGNs:Coops

We I saw a mod equip it in a vid somewhere. It gives % resistances.

Very old video, 99% sure these will not be the final stats of the ice dofus.

Emeute

zUX4GBQ.png

Coops | Coopss | Insect-Master | Ouais | Geiss | Pellegrino | Emeute | Jihadi-James

captain-gale

captain-gale

Kaniger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

• Dofus Class:Sacrier
  • Alignment:Neutral
  • Dofus IGNs:captain-gale
I've been looking at quests a little bit at the beta, so I'll do a small update I guess

Winter is comming:

the last survivors.
you can get this quest 1 up from the zaap. unfortunately you (probably) will have to do the last 3 quests(4 if you count a quest inside of a quest) in the survivors serie, because I could get it, but an alt who finished quest number 8 couldn't. basically you have to do 4 more survivor quest, which you can do simultanously

Snowbound village survivors.
I thought this would be for completing the last 3 survivor quests of the snowbound village, but it didn't unlock for me yet, so I don't know really

Castle in the snow,

At the same map as the last survivors.

As far as I know this one doesn't have restrictions.
first you have to do the quest "All along the watchtower" which is basically just walking along the castle walls and killing 1 solo mecanofoux. after that you will get jthe quest "A cold war" for which you have to kill every monster, except for those exclusive to the dungeon and the ones from the water clock, 5 times. And after that you probably get some more quests.

so yeah, if anyone else has more info, feel free to add it :)
I'm kind of wondering if there is a quest where you have the the monster quest line as a pre quest.

Edited by captain-gale, 12 April 2013 - 11:53 AM.

• Tagor and del Monte like this

1035qbo.png

Veldin

Veldin

C-c-c-combo breaker

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Curses!

• Talk to the Oto Mustam or Amayiro inside Brakmar/Bonta Militia to get the quest.
  • Talk to the general inside Tower of Brakmarian/Bontarian Order.
  • Talk to Mayor Cantile in Frigost Town Hall [-77,-42].
  • Talk to Hel Munster inside smithmagi workshop in Treechnid Forest [-5,-13]
  • Talk to Magus Ax inside Astrub alchemist workshop [5,-20]
  • Talk to Bworknroll inside Bwork Dungeon [-5,10]. In the very first room where the dungeon NPC is go left. After you talk to Bworknroll you will be attacked by Traumatist - a sram with 4,100 HP that uses Invisibility, Con, Dragline, and Lethal Attack.
  • Talk to Doctor Hoo at Sufokian Library [20,25], he will give you a Timefreezer.
  • Find information about Badmorva by clicking on the board at [1,19].
  • Report back to Mayor Cantile. She will send you to Alma's Cradle to find remainings of Badmorva. You can find them at [-54, -76].
  • (cont...)

• Talk to herr Peece
  • Take 5 kanigloo slobber to Herr Peece (Dropped from kanigloos in the lonesomepine trails)
  • Talk to Badmorva's ghost again
  • Go to [-76,-81] in asparah gorge
  • Talk to the guardian and search for the offers ( Drop from alma's craddle ghosts (any ghost will drop it), drop from atomistiques in tears of ouronigride and the special gift is a wrapped gift which can be done in trool fair)
  • Hand over the items to the guardian
  • enter combat with the guardian 8,4K HP 3MP (acts the same as standard maho snowfoux)
  • Talk to the 3 women inside
  • talk to major cantile in frigost town hall
  • talk to the general Kel Krakdel
  • Talk to major cantile again

[01:10] Quest finished: [Curses!]
[01:10] You have gained 5,216,064 experience points.
[01:10] You have gained 69072 kamas.
[01:10] New quest: [Snow Business]
  • del Monte likes this

Latest video:

bobeur

bobeur

Wa Wabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• Dofus IGNs:Dyprax
  • enter combat with the guardian 8,4K HP 3MP (acts the same as standard maho snowfoux)

With the guardian, do you have to fight something with him or do you have to kill him? If so I'll bring more chars Posted Image

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Acaena

Acaena

Gobball Warchief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Dofus IGNs:Xatu, Venonat, Cyndaquil, Lanturn

• Wakfu Class:Sadida
  • Wakfu IGNs:Acaena, Mimiru, Tokura, Tsukasa
You're my hero.

Not that I'm ever going to do all these, but still.

Quit Dofus, Wakfu is where it's at!
A0JCpbW.png

Throw Mimiru a PM on Remington, or Ankabox 'starfishy'

Veldin

Veldin

C-c-c-combo breaker

• Members
  • 1638 posts

With the guardian, do you have to fight something with him or do you have to kill him? If so I'll bring more chars Posted Image

You have to defeat him, he's very easy though

Latest video:

Veldin

Veldin

C-c-c-combo breaker

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Finished

• Daddy's wittle girl
  • Spontaneous combustion Engine
  • Recalled life

One more to go, will post guides when I finished 'Armarines on strike' !

Latest video:

Hope

Hope

Lousy Pig Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

• Dofus IGNs:OnLyHoPe // Elvena
[21:11] New quest: [Snowbound Village Survivors]
[21:11] Quest updated: [Snowbound Village Survivors]
[21:11] Quest finished: [Snowbound Village Survivors]
[21:11] You have gained 490,954 experience points.
[21:11] Your mount has gained 63,535 experience points.

To get the quest, talk to Sylvester in Snowbound Village. It automatically updated for me so I'm not sure what the requirements were.. I only had to talk to Sylvester twice.

Level 200 Eni // Eca // Enu // Cra // Iop // Sac // Sram // Panda // 199 Fog + Osa

del Monte

del Monte

Great Coralator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
Have you done any quests from Survivors of Frigost achievement that aren't covered by Town Hall quest? Like Supply Depot or Maya the Bee-autiful?

Hope

Hope

Lousy Pig Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

• Dofus IGNs:OnLyHoPe // Elvena

Have you done any quests from Survivors of Frigost achievement that aren't covered by Town Hall quest? Like Supply Depot or Maya the Bee-autiful?

Yes, both! Posted Image

Level 200 Eni // Eca // Enu // Cra // Iop // Sac // Sram // Panda // 199 Fog + Osa

captain-gale

captain-gale

Kaniger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

• Dofus Class:Sacrier
  • Alignment:Neutral
  • Dofus IGNs:captain-gale
wow, for amarines on strike you have to solo a mob with the 5 different monsters>.>

unless there is some meganic with that feca I'm not getting. (100 heal and 55 dmg reduction doesn't really help a lot)

1035qbo.png

Veldin

Veldin

C-c-c-combo breaker

• Members
  • 1638 posts

wow, for amarines on strike you have to solo a mob with the 5 different monsters>.>

unless there is some meganic with that feca I'm not getting. (100 heal and 55 dmg reduction doesn't really help a lot)

Stuck here as well.
Seems nearly impossible.
Been scouting on JoL but no luck so far, will post here when I find the answer

EDIT: Think I found the answer.

On french offcial forum: http://forum.dofus.c...e-chez-armutins , a lot of players are saying the quest is bugged since the beta/release and not fixed yet, we should let Izmar know.

EDIT2: I sent Izmar an ankamaboxmessage explaining the problem, let's hope she reads it!

Edited by Veldin, 17 April 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Latest video:

Super-Beast

Super-Beast

Lousy Pig Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Dofus Class:Osamodas
  • Dofus IGNs:Beast-Savage
ankama, gg not letting anyone get ice dofus in a sneaky way XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dofus, frigost, guide, ice dofus, quest, achievement, flowchart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users