• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Persona

Persona's Video Thread

150 posts in this topic

NEW CHANNEL URL: http://www.youtube.com/DofusPersona

So I guess this is the place to post this? Basically I've started recording some of the decent PvP's I've been in recently and well yeah, here's some so far..

So far I've only recorded 1v1 fights with a music cover playing over it, however I may soon run a commentary during some fights in the future and possibly record some group PvP. smile.gif

So far:

Edit: Video vs Rokitura is rendering as we speak. smile.gif Will be uploaded sometime tonight. Edited by Persona
3 people like this

Now this is the type of thread I like to see! Also music is great, but I would much prefer some commentary to see why you come up with moves per turn you come up with so I can better learn from a good PVP mindset.

EDIT: Also group PVP vids would be great!

Great video to start though! Looking forward to future posts.

Edited by ChelseaSmiles

PvP vs Rokitura, 200 Feca. Enjoy! :)

The second vid was a bit too fast in my opinion. Especially when trying to see stats and resists, but also the spells at some points. You hovered over Roki's stats in the beginning (which is really nice to know what to expect!), but it was hard to see because of the speed.

I assume it was x2? Maybe you could try something a bit lower, 1.5x or so? (If it's a problem with the video time limit for new channels, just request unlimited uploads under Settings > Channel settings > Features.)

Either way, nice to watch.

Oh yeah, you misspelled your channel name. *coughs*

Edited by Ala

The second vid was a bit too fast in my opinion. Especially when trying to see stats and resists, but also the spells at some points. You hovered over Roki's stats in the beginning (which is really nice to know what to expect!), but it was hard to see because of the speed.

I assume it was x2? Maybe you could try something a bit lower, 1.5x or so? (If it's a problem with the video time limit for new channels, just request unlimited uploads under Settings > Channel settings > Features.)

Either way, nice to watch.

Oh yeah, you misspelled your channel name. *coughs*

Fixed the name, thanks. :)

Also regarding the video, it's set at 4x for a few reasons really:

- I didn't know I could enable larger uploads (I'm youtube nub).

- Is anyone really going to sit there for a full hour and watch the video?

- Finding songs to last for an hour is going to be horrible.. e_e *lazy*

Edited by Persona

Ah 4x even. Yeah, 1h is a bit too long, it can be difficult to find a good middle way. But I think 20 or 25 mins would still be acceptable to watch a good fight (if it's not just stalling on both sides :P).

If I saw that correctly you're using Camtasia to record? That's at least pretty flexible with setting the length/speed, so you can even do weird stuff like 2.2x speed etc. Whatever looks nice while being shortish. I mean, normal speed would be pushing it, but slightly slower than what you had the second fight at maybe?

Edited by Ala

Nice, 57 minutes but all good game play :D looks like we know who's Rushus Masq for Goult!

1 person likes this

Ah 4x even. Yeah, 1h is a bit too long, it can be difficult to find a good middle way. But I think 20 or 25 mins would still be acceptable to watch a good fight (if it's not just stalling on both sides :P).

If I saw that correctly you're using Camtasia to record? That's at least pretty flexible with setting the length/speed, so you can even do weird stuff like 2.2x speed etc. Whatever looks nice while being shortish. I mean, normal speed would be pushing it, but slightly slower than what you had the second fight at maybe?

Well spotted, I'm currently running Camstudio 8 as it's very user-friendly for my simple mind. x) I'll consider lowering the speed in future video's (it ranges from 100-400%) so that the fights are more visable.

Nice, 57 minutes but all good game play :D looks like we know who's Rushus Masq for Goult!

Sadly goult is a competition solely based on popularity and not skill (look at Rosal votes last year; a certain individual even payed people to vote me 5th..) and we all know how well I'm loved amongst Rushu (lol). So I highly doubt I'll be chosen for goult anytime soon. :)

Edited by Persona

Well I seen a lot of good people try to kill you and die every time on rushu, what other masqs do they even have there that PVP? I never see any xD

Well, Josh. You have my vote when the time comes. ;3

Congrats on being mentioned by Izmar on twitter xD

Sadly goult is a competition solely based on popularity and not skill (look at Rosal votes last year; a certain individual even payed people to vote me 5th..) and we all know how well I'm loved amongst Rushu (lol). So I highly doubt I'll be chosen for goult anytime soon. :)

You have, unlike poor pandas, one big advantage that there isnt any other decent masq player (noone plays it as its main char), so you know the thing about one eyed among blinds rolleyes.gif

show us any good kolo fights, I want to see you shine in XvsX PvP cool.gif

Liking the content so far, it's pretty fun to watch. I look forward to your future videos! biggrin.gif

You have, unlike poor pandas, one big advantage that there isnt any other decent masq player (noone plays it as its main char), so you know the thing about one eyed among blinds rolleyes.gif

show us any good kolo fights, I want to see you shine in XvsX PvP cool.gif

Funny thing you say that as I'm currently working on levelling another char just to kolo with my Masq.. :)

Edit: Any Feca's on Rushu who'd like to kolo with me, halla' at me and we can team up.. :)

Edited by Persona

Funny thing you say that as I'm currently working on levelling another char just to kolo with my Masq.. :)

Edit: Any Feca's on Rushu who'd like to kolo with me, halla' at me and we can team up.. :)

What team are you going to run with your masq? I know its pointless question now before big char update, but it'd be important question for goult. Imo right now I have no idea how I'd make last years team style with masq. Just curious.

What team are you going to run with your masq? I know its pointless question now before big char update, but it'd be important question for goult. Imo right now I have no idea how I'd make last years team style with masq. Just curious.

Mhm, ideally Masq,Feca + Eca/Enu. However my Enu's currently on Rosal and gearless/not scrolled so I'm limited to using a Sadida atm which I guess is fine and dandy, however doesn't make the most of feca/masq combo. (Living Bag with feca/masq shields... <3)

Also, regarding goultar, the setup will change once again to account for foggers.. :P

Edited by Persona

So I guess this is the place to post this? Basically I've started recording some of the decent PvP's I've been in recently and well yeah, here's some so far..

So far I've only recorded 1v1 fights with a music cover playing over it, however I may soon run a commentary during some fights in the future and possibly record some group PvP. :)

So far:

Edit: Video vs Rokitura is rendering as we speak. :) Will be uploaded sometime tonight.

Epic question at 0:38 from Sparkle

Edit: Use Camtasia recorder. I can get you a cracked one if you don't wanna pay.

Edited by LorD-GarfielD

Epic question at 0:38 from Sparkle

Edit: Use Camtasia recorder. I can get you a cracked one if you don't wanna pay.

Hey, no one's allowed to be rude to her! That's my job.. :D

Also, As stated earlier, I'm already using Camtasia 8.

Goultar is about representing your server and try to give the best image on the goultar server , about listening to your team mates and try to do your best to win as a team. Currently in Rushu there are very few masqs with experience that can do good in goultar so there are high chances that #1 spot or #2 can be yours.

Well I seen a lot of good people try to kill you and die every time on rushu, what other masqs do they even have there that PVP? I never see any xD

You don't have to be a 1 vs 1 pvper to be chosen at goultar , I'd more focus on group pvp and specially the good prism fights that sometimes occure at ''The Village'' prism.

If i was you i think I'd maybe try to get a permission from those you killed before posting the videos to the public just to avoid any fights or drama.

About your work now , its good i like it as long as your intentions aren't to show off or to send a message to those you killed that they suck.

Edited by Herosdumaroc
1 person likes this

Goultar is about representing your server and try to give the best image on the goultar server , about listening to your team mates and try to do your best to win as a team. Currently in Rushu there are very few masqs with experience that can do good in goultar so there are high chances that #1 spot or #2 can be yours.

Well, its always hard to tell who is good for goultard, because being -1.0 addicts is really not that great prerequisite. Its easier now with spect in kolossium, to see many people there that are "invisible" otherwise. But for example, i never ever saw the last Rushu masq before (and even after), but he still played rather good last year, and especially his ability to work together with The Wanted means much more then any honors or ranks points...

3 people like this

Yeah, we've had surprises before... but also the other way around, when undoubtedly good PvPers didn't do well in Goultar. Because, well, you fight under pressure, with people you may not know, against people you don't know and sometimes with the added internal clash of egos.

But it's pointless to speculate about Goultar 2013 already, because everything (if I could add spooky sounds and manic laughter to words, I would) will change before the tournament!

I'm also looking forward to some Kolo vids. I spec a lot, but I've only managed to watch few of your fights (with Sadi/Sac I think? And a few other teams I don't remember). If you can't find a Feca, try some with unplanned/new class combinations, maybe you find new cool combos? It's always refreshing to figure out strategies outside of the classic synergies.

Edited by Ala
1 person likes this

Due to copyright reasons, I'm afraid the video vs Rokitura is unavailable to all of those living in Germany.. Sorry guys. D:

Edit: Thanks again to Ala for some help ingame. :)

Edited by Persona

Me :)

Kewl videos. Also nub thats why you can't be copyrighting D: GERMANS LIKE DOFUS TOO

I post only for technical reasons because I am very experienced in video editing and video effects.You can half the video duration without speeding it up and thus without losing the good things.You can cut out some frames or series of frames or big chunks of the video that doesnt have "inspired" moves or critical details for the the things to follow.

Or, if you dont like editing, you can speed up the "boring" things and slow down the good moves.You can also zoom in stats and special moves to highlight them.

For video editing I use Adobe After Effects CS5 and CS4 together with virtual dubmod and VtubProfessional.I dont suggest those programs for dofus video. You program is more than enough.Even windows movie maker can make that.If you need anyhelp(regarding video) msg me in dofus my name is CCi.I can also give some advises about which video formats are the best to render your videos for youtube uploads etc.

Btw I have some tips also about the songs on youtube ;) cant say more.hehe

Edited by pasxos