• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pentecost

Pentecostal Videos

Nearly a year ago I tried making a narrated video using Camtasia and while it worked, it was..

Now I have the full version of Camtasia and practised some editing skills. So without much ado, here it is!

[Tutorial] Mastogob Greenhouse

Direct link:

Feca Tutorial: Overview

Direct link:

Any questions, tips and comments would be much appreciated!

-----

Other videos!

Please watch in 720p for an unspoilt version of it!

Edited by Pentecost
6 people like this

There's not much to say except it's an excellent class introduction video. It might be short, but that's ok - you should always left them wanting more ^^. I really love that you outlined the general idea of the class and contrasted your version with the in-game description. It's a great video for the beginners; they can see how things really are. And what is important, you don't bore the audience describing every spell in painful details (I've seen videos where a guy spoke out loud base damage of every spell at every level - boooring). I also appreciate the build mixing diagram near the end; making it must have taken you some time. I have no complains about the voice.

The only thing I don't like are the transitions. Maybe it's just me but I prefer simple things like cuts and fades. See how it's done in TV shows, news, or movie trailers.

Overall I really enjoyed your video and you need to make more of them. There's a great talent in you; don't let it sit idle.

Awesome narration and the music made it perfect!

Now I know what you sound like, if I ever play Dofus again when ever you message me I'm going to read it in your voice X)

2 people like this

I really enjoyed it. As much as I am tired of the "bring 1.x music back" threads, I think the choice of music was great. Two things that made me laugh were that 1) you apparently made part of the video in a Kolossium fight, with your character at 8HP nonetheless! 2) the piwis were all making sad faces when the -MP/AP glyphs hit them.

I also appreciate the build mixing diagram near the end; making it must have taken you some time. I have no complains about the voice.

The only thing I don't like are the transitions. Maybe it's just me but I prefer simple things like cuts and fades. See how it's done in TV shows, news, or movie trailers.

Overall I really enjoyed your video and you need to make more of them. There's a great talent in you; don't let it sit idle.

Oh yeah the build mixing diagram... I thought up of that idea at the last moment and started implementing it which turned out to be a project on its own, lol.

I'll look into transitions, I wanted to do title slides like Ankama's official Almanax video but couldn't get the right one to be fitting for Dofus. I'll look into it further for my next project, this one was just a practice to see what editing I could do using Camtasia.

Awesome narration and the music made it perfect!

Thanks! 1.x music FTW!

Now I know what you sound like, if I ever play Dofus again when ever you message me I'm going to read it in your voice X)

Psh, stalker! :ph34r: Lol, joking, you could watch my previous one where I spoke for nearly 10 min straight!

I really enjoyed it. As much as I am tired of the "bring 1.x music back" threads, I think the choice of music was great. Two things that made me laugh were that 1) you apparently made part of the video in a Kolossium fight, with your character at 8HP nonetheless! 2) the piwis were all making sad faces when the -MP/AP glyphs hit them.

I was looking into ways of doing Truce and Fraction... I couldn't justify using it on a Poutch because it wouldn't be an accurate representation of it. I had accidentally signed up for Kolossieum while I was recording, and hey ho, the fight turned out to be one of the very few times you actually use Truce and Fraction!

I noticed Snowfouxes making sad faces when I immobilized them on the glyph and tried out piwiws.... glad they cooperated <3

I thought at times your voiceover was a bit too slow. Of course, speaking slowly and clearly is important for beginner's tutorials, but be careful not to overstretch it.

Overall it was very well-rounded, good job with the script as well. If I were a newbie I'm sure I'd find this helpful.

*Speechless*

2ni5xz5.png

4 people like this

Your famous Val wink.gif Great work happy.gif

Wohooo update! I bring some good news and bad news.

The good news is that my third instalment is complete! Weeee

The bad news is that I won't be working on a new project for a while... I started this one immediately after my last one and it has taken 50 hours or so to complete. Although it was mostly a learning curve and I could probably do it in much less of a time if I tried it again, it's draining too much of time and fun. Over this 2 months the hours I played on Dofus were purely for recording purposes and I can't enjoy the game. While video editting is fun, and I love making these, I need a break for a bit. The very reason I started making videos was because I wanted to watch Dofus videos of the quality I wanted to watch them in - and although there are some parts I would improve on aftermath, I am satisfied with what I have produced in my latest video. Of course, I'm always looking for improvements so I'd love to hear your comments, but for now, I've got a couple of RL presentations to focus on!

2 people like this

The way I see it, this video should be featured on the official page in Dofus Time tutorial series recently started with the Snowfoux one. That's how good it is. There's nothing to complain about; it's all there: the introduction to Frigost, describing monsters, suggested strategies, triggering vulnerability, and common mistakes. If I really have to nitpick something it would be the red square at the top right corner (2:26 and forward) - it just attracts the eyes and it's unnecessary, but I'm sure you had a valid reason to put it there.

And the part at the end where you responded to the feedback is just pure professionalism.

Yes, the learning curve is the most time-consuming part; it should be a smooth sailing from now on. Taking a break is a good thing. Let the audience watch this one in peace and they will soon demand more. There was a reason why LoTR movies were released one year apart ^^.

Good luck with your presentations and other future projects.

1 person likes this

<3 Izmar

28009pz.png

By the way, were there any Frigost lore gurus that can vouch on my commentary of Frigost? I guessed all of that from the previous Frigost details that came from Dofus magazines and tried to decipher it from the video alone, I think they were wildly inaccurate.

Also I wonder if anyone noticed the Chronotrigger reference in the beginning... the original video totally called for it in the pendulum action xD

The way I see it, this video should be featured on the official page in Dofus Time tutorial series recently started with the Snowfoux one. That's how good it is. There's nothing to complain about; it's all there: the introduction to Frigost, describing monsters, suggested strategies, triggering vulnerability, and common mistakes. If I really have to nitpick something it would be the red square at the top right corner (2:26 and forward) - it just attracts the eyes and it's unnecessary, but I'm sure you had a valid reason to put it there.

Thankees! Great to know I have someone who follows my uploads, your inputs are invaluable. In regards with the red square, there isn't a particular reason to be honest... it was just a red theme in powerpoint and I thought it was matching for the Iop xD I'll keep an eye out for potentially distracting themes in future.

Updated with my next installment, not another tutorial, but a guild recruitment video! Exploring other opportunities of Dofus videoing.

1 person likes this

LOVE the recruitment video Val!! biggrin.gif

Great work as always <3