What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

• Dofus Server:Shika
  • Dofus Class:Osamodas
  • Alignment:Bontarian
  • Dofus IGNs:Element-Valkyre, Fortuitous-Valkyre, Phaded, Wynn.

Cancelled due to lack of teams

Current Prize Fund: 12 100 000 Kamas

GUILDS LISTEN UP!

Guilds are the backbone of the game we all know and love and player versus player combat has become a integral part of the modern game, because of this I would like to combine the two and create Shika's first Guild Tournament since 2.0. The idea of a guild tournament is not new but will hopefully be revolutionized by this attempt at it. Something like this could possibly liven up the server again and get the community talking about something exciting which is some Shika needs right now.

Lets get down to business

First off, the tournament being planned will be in a tree style. The first round matches will be generated from random selection on an online random name generator. After that the tournament will branch until we reach a semi-final and final as shown bellow:

Posted Image
However if the tournament ends up with 16 teams or more then group stages will start off the tournament. Each group will have 2 successors based on teams with the most wins.

Percentage of the pot rewarded:

1st: 50%
2nd: 30%
Joint 3rd: 10% each

Rules of the Tournament

• Your guild must put forward a team of 4 players and if you wish a maximum of 6 reserves.
  • Each guild must pay the sign up fee of 50 000 kamas for their team to register (The money from this is the prize fund, no deductions).
  • No offensive language or behavior, anything of this kind by spectators or competitors will result in a sanction.
  • Sanctions will be decided on the spot by the referee.
  • Each guild may put forward as many teams as they like, they will function independently and will be labelled A, B, C etc.
  • There will be no shields, multi accounting or multiples of the same class per team in this tournament.
  • If your team does not show up at the allotted time slot, leaving 10 minutes waiting time, then your team will forfeit the fight.
  • The fights will be across the week and will be on five selected zaap maps. The map will be randomly selected for the match. The maps will be as follows:
Gobball Corner [5,7]
Madrestam Harbour [7,-4]
Sufokia Gulf Shoreline [10,22]
Edge of the Evil Forest [-1,13]
Rock Road [-20,-20]

Team Point Guideline

Your team may consist of characters that add up to a max value of 15 points.

Osa, Sac, Eni, Feca: 6 Points
Xelor, Sadida, Rogue, Enu, Panda: 4 points
Sram, Masq, Iop, Cra, Fogger, Eca: 1 points

Times of Matches

All matches will be between 16:00 and 20:00 (GMT +0) unless spectacular circumstances state that another time is needed. Special times for the matches can be organized but only if both teams agree to it and a referee can be found.

So you best all sign up!

This will go ahead no matter what and I'm sure we will all have a brilliant time. It would be great to see many of the top guilds fighting and I am proud to be the organizer of this tournament. If you need to know anything else message me in game or via imps village, I am open to any questions.

Applications are to be made via private message on imps village or in game to my character Element-Valkyre. Applications will close November 2nd, your registration fee must also be in by this time.

The prizes will be worked out as soon as the application phase closes so we know how much money we have to work with.

Thanks, Matt.

List of Participants

DONATIONS TO THE PRIZE FUND ACCEPTED GRACIOUSLY

Edited by What-A-Pro, 01 November 2012 - 06:05 PM.

366422.jpg

Element-Valkyre 200 Fortuitous-Valkyre 199 51% Andeh 199 99% Wynn 185 Calynx 198

♫ Co-Leader of Voice - Level 66 Shikan Guild
Council Lead By:
Kulu 200 Sram, Element-Valkyre 200 Osa, Appleabsynthe 199 Panda and Caius 199 Rogue.

100 Hammer Smith, Hammer Smithmagus, Axe Smith, Hunter, Butcher, Jeweler Magus, Fishmonger and Alchemist.

Mazaa

Mazaa

Wa Wabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Dofus Class:Cra
  • Dofus IGNs:Xiow, Pilvi

• You must apply with your full team by October 2nd and have made the payment

Uhh, quite short notice I would say. (Unless you mean year 2013?)

And no other restrictions than no shields? Ralfeh's Rosalfest seems to be popular because it has good restrictions (no multiple of the same class, level tiers etc.). And since this is guild tournament without level restrictions, I wouldn't expect to see many guilds participating, because there are only a couple (or one, two?) *cough nihil cough* which can seriously make an endgame PvP team other guilds stand very little against.

Edited by Mazaa, 02 October 2012 - 05:27 AM.

Second in Command of Outer Heaven. Join us!

Xiow (200 Cra)
Atez (200 Enu)
Abarat (200 Eni)
Moozi (199 Panda)

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I'm on my phone so sorry if this brief. I need to make some modifications to that I admit. I Will not add level boundaries but single of each class was the plan. This is for 2012 because I wanted to see how this went then maybe evolve it on the second go round if it takes off. It's more to revive the shika spirit and I think some guilds would be offended that you think that only nihil can put together an end game pvp team.

Also it would be a fun time even if you lost and 25kk between 6 people is pitance for a bit of fun.

366422.jpg

Element-Valkyre 200 Fortuitous-Valkyre 199 51% Andeh 199 99% Wynn 185 Calynx 198

Council Lead By:
Kulu 200 Sram, Element-Valkyre 200 Osa, Appleabsynthe 199 Panda and Caius 199 Rogue.

100 Hammer Smith, Hammer Smithmagus, Axe Smith, Hunter, Butcher, Jeweler Magus, Fishmonger and Alchemist.

Mazaa

Mazaa

Wa Wabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Dofus Class:Cra
  • Dofus IGNs:Xiow, Pilvi

I'm on my phone so sorry if this brief. I need to make some modifications to that I admit. I Will not add level boundaries but single of each class was the plan. This is for 2012 because I wanted to see how this went then maybe evolve it on the second go round if it takes off. It's more to revive the shika spirit and I think some guilds would be offended that you think that only nihil can put together an end game pvp team.

Also it would be a fun time even if you lost and 25kk between 6 people is pitance for a bit of fun.

I never said no other guild would be able to put together a team. What I meant was that Nihil might be overpowered in this kind of competition considering the amount of endgame PvP oriented players they have in their guild. But sure, any guild can feel free to prove me wrong.

And yes, 25kk is nothing as a payment, but has guild vs. guild PvP in Shika ever been any fun? (Doesn't have to cause drama this time tho!)

Good luck organizing this, and hopefully you get plenty of guilds. :)

Second in Command of Outer Heaven. Join us!

Xiow (200 Cra)
Atez (200 Enu)
Abarat (200 Eni)
Moozi (199 Panda)

Maguls

Maguls

Minotot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Dofus IGNs:Magul, Monyong
hi there, could you possible elaborate on the following point.

"The fights will be across the week and will be on various maps that will be decided three days before the fight and will be decided based on the classes in the teams to level the playing field."

this seems to be extremely subjective and I would suggest you have a opponent selection which is random instead, I was also wondering if the participant amount could potentially be increased, 6 seems rather limited.

I am offering A server-transfer Delivery Service.
The Charge is 2mk with a limit of 150pods additional pods cost 500kk per 100.
I need to receive the Items for delivery on the Monday latest( I am on 17:00-18:00GMT) and I will hand the Items to you on the new server on Tuesday (17:00-18:00GMT)

Current transfers planned for the 22th of April

Shika <-> Rushu (to and from)

Shika-> Rosal

Zato-> Rushu

More info -> http://impsvillage.c...911#entry133591

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

All I mean is that maps would be found and picked where each team would have an even chance. No close quaters or super long range maps and I'm open to adding 2 more reserves but main team size Will stay at 4 as not to off put those guilds with smaller pvp basis.

Again, if it takes off I may do other variations on team size at a later date.

366422.jpg

Council Lead By:

Coopers

Coopers

My stove deserve a shoutout, I'm like whatup stove?

• Members
  • 1899 posts

• Dofus Class:Pandawa
  • Dofus IGNs:Coopers

All I mean is that maps would be found and picked where each team would have an even chance. No close quaters or super long range maps and I'm open to adding 2 more reserves but main team size Will stay at 4 as not to off put those guilds with smaller pvp basis.

Have a random pool of maps so one is picked at random, just like Goult. Everyone in Goult learns to deal with the map they're given and it eliminates possible bias via favouritism of teams, as well as making some fights more interesting.

Leader of ST, Best guild North Korea.

l87tHBw.png

Maguls

Maguls

Minotot

• Members
  • 1327 posts

ok, thx for clearing that up.

1 more question, do you already have a general idea at which time of day these fights will take place?

I need to receive the Items for delivery on the Monday latest( I am on 17:00-18:00GMT) and I will hand the Items to you on the new server on Tuesday (17:00-18:00GMT)

Shika-> Rosal

Zato-> Rushu

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Coopers you've got yourself a deal. I'm glad that this is at least interesting shika's players and I'm sure it Will go well.

366422.jpg

Council Lead By:

Squeak

Squeak

Minotot

• Members
  • 1382 posts

hi there, could you possible elaborate on the following point.

"The fights will be across the week and will be on various maps that will be decided three days before the fight and will be decided based on the classes in the teams to level the playing field."

this seems to be extremely subjective and I would suggest you have a opponent selection which is random instead, I was also wondering if the participant amount could potentially be increased, 6 seems rather limited.

If this is meant to be run in some kind of round robin / double round robin format (every team plays every other team twice) then I think the 'home map' idea from the guild tournament from ages ago (can't find the topic) would be a good way to decide the maps. For those that don't remember every team had a home map and would play 2 games vs every other team, 1 at home, 1 away. The maps would have to be zaaps or neutral locations however.

I have to agree with pretty much all the points made above. All the information given is pretty vague. There should be more restrictions and perhaps level brackets to stop 1 or 2 teams stomping over everyone else, which frankly no one wants to see. Also, good luck getting enough participating teams by the end of the day....

Edited by Squeak, 02 October 2012 - 06:17 AM.

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I appologize that was meant to say November "^^

ok, thx for clearing that up.

1 more question, do you already have a general idea at which time of day these fights will take place?

Likely in the evening time (GMT 0).

366422.jpg

Council Lead By:

Maguls

Maguls

Minotot

• Members
  • 1327 posts

I appologize that was meant to say November "^^

Likely in the evening time (GMT 0).

so 2am DUT, that would be a shame.

Shika-> Rosal

Zato-> Rushu

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Well it would depend on the amount of people applying and if I'll be able to find someone to delogate the responsibility of refeereeing to for a mid-day or morning match. It is possible I will be avaiable for such matches but only on certain days.

Edited by What-A-Pro, 02 October 2012 - 06:29 AM.

366422.jpg

Council Lead By:

Maguls

Maguls

Minotot

• Members
  • 1327 posts

Well it would depend on the amount of people applying and if I'll be able to find someone to delogate the responsibility of refeereeing to for a mid-day or morning match. It is possible I will be avaiable for such matches but only on certain days.

fair enough, but 1am at night/morning on a UK server seems slightly ill judged.

Shika-> Rosal

Zato-> Rushu

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Evening is around 5 - 7pm (I should have been more specific sorry).

366422.jpg

Council Lead By:

Maguls

Maguls

Minotot

• Members
  • 1327 posts

Evening is around 5 - 7pm (I should have been more specific sorry).

I understood (GMT 0) to be the time, 5-7pm sounds a lot better :P

Shika-> Rosal

Zato-> Rushu

Apex

Apex

Great Coralator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

• Dofus Class:Feca
  • Dofus IGNs:Apex

• Wakfu Server:Remington
  • Wakfu Class:Sacrier
  • Nation:Bonta
  • Wakfu IGNs:Apex
Will multiple teams be allowed to be entered from the same guild. Just thinking out loud for those like Relentless Fury and especially Nihil who will prob just keep to their Elite players making the tournament very short.

Might be an Idea to just have a tournament of players entering their own team combinations without guild preferences. Teams of 5-6 would certainly change it from being just like kolo.

Posted Image

Pantaleo

Pantaleo

Sphincter Cell

• Supporters
  • 2648 posts

• Dofus Server:Rosal
  • Dofus Class:Sram
  • Alignment:Brakmarian
  • Dofus IGNs:Pantaleo, Gorillaz , SweetLilAngel
I dont see izmar or any ankama staff make this an event or give you efen prices, Rosalfest was the best tournament made on any server and we did not get any help or stuff from ankama

Edited by Pantaleo, 02 October 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Fogginator 200 Fogg rushu. Member of Blank.

Pantaleo 200 sram rosal. Member and SiC of Doomed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Guild) Thunderous: you fogg
(Guild) Thunderous: you heal you hit
(Guild) Thunderous: you get boner when someone's at corner

What-A-Pro

What-A-Pro

Crocodyl Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

That is a good idea but for now I'lleave it as a guild not team based tournament and I will have to keep it at one team per guild or it Will be unfair on other guilds who can't supply more than one team. These are all great ideas for future events though :)

I dont see izmar or any ankama staff make this an event or give you efen prices, Rosalfest was the best tournament made on any server and we did not get any help or stuff from ankama

I said maybe and only if it became a regular thing not a single event in the community :) obviously I have no idea how ankama think or work.

366422.jpg

Council Lead By:

Izmar

Izmar

Wa Wabbit

• Official Ankama Staff
  • 562 posts
My hands are kind of tied about giving prizes, but you can ask for some mod assistance or Event Master back-up here: http://forum.dofus.c...ayer-run-events

I dropped a link to this thread on Ze Twitter. Good luck and keep me posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users