• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Kyek

The official newbie question thread!

4161 posts in this topic

> Sternlock

> hawk196

Yea, about the paralyzing posion effects, I do hope to see a clarification soon.

Because my observation is different from hawk196.

(By fighting Fungi mobs) When I had paralyzing poison on me, a Demonic rose attacked me with [Light Touch].

It reduced 1 AP away. But still, I got hp loss from it, but I did not use the 1 AP. It was taken away by Demonic rose.

Hence I believed that Slowdown actually triggers the effect too. (or maybe it works differently in playable characters.)

Where is the Secret Chafer area in Astrub, and how do you get there?

I believe the Chafer Spawn in Astrub is -1,-25 (if my memory serves me correctly). There should be a rock-like feature in the middle of the map. Walk underneath the top most protruding part and you'll find yourself in the cave - it makes more sense when you see it.

Hmm.. I got a question here.

Let's say if you managed to have a soul stone of certain mob and you choose to fight it in the Arena.. is it possible to use Soul Seek again when you're fighting them in the Arena?

Thanks.

Nope. I think they fixed that previously. So you can't soul capture in the Arena iirc

Okay question...

Does reflect stack with Physical/Magical reduction?

Okay question...

Does reflect stack with Physical/Magical reduction?

It does.

Okay thx :D

suppose a weapon has the effect:

1-2 hp steal (fire)

10-15 damage (neutral)

do +heals or +damages affect the life stealing part ?

do reflect/resists/reduction on the monster affect it ?

and for every hyp stolen, does the target lose 1 it and you gain 1?

or is the target unaffected and you gain 1? (eg it only takes damage from the neutral part)

is it possible to gain more hp then the target loses ? (because he has resists etc)

I saw it on a weapon today and was wondering if it should aim to get it or not.

thanks for answering!

+ Damage and + Heal does affect the stealing part.

(Correct me if I'm wrong :o )

For the resistance part, your damage will decrease, but the amount of heal you'll get remains the same.

example : I used Ergot Minas on a Indigo Blop. It takes no damage, but I still get the heal I'm supposed to get.

For the hp stolen question, I think you'll received the heal which is half of the damage dealed by [ 1-2 Fire ].

Not entirely sure over this.

Hope it helps ^^

It goes like this:

Everything that affects the stealing damage (1-2 fire) is added. Say you have 100 + 100 int and 10 +damages. And no class bonus on wands. You do 3 - 6 + 10 damage = 13 - 16. Let's say you hit 16. You heal yourself for HALF the amount hitted = now 8. If the monster has resistances, say 75% fire resist: you hit 4 and heal yourself for 8. +heals DO NOT affect it.

And I'm using Felintion all the time to heal myself off Pippin Blops (90%+ Earth resist). I hit like 9 and heal 45 :o

Anyone have any idea on the fail rates of forgemaging a Treechnid Staff/ Cerebrus?

Nevermind. It failed ;_;

50kk gone.

What I *really* need is a way to catch up with game changes after the past 6 months. I have the basics, but there are differnences.

Big question though is this:

When I left I shared 2 accounts among the 4 of us who play in the family. (One account I forgot the password tho.) In the account I have access to, we had my daughter in one guild, and my alt in her guild. Then we had my husband in one guild, and my main and my son's character in that guild, too.

Now only my husband (guild leader of Neptune) and my daughter (guild leader of Winged Angels) are in guilds and the rest of us, out.

I don't mean no guild identifier since no one is IN our guilds anymore, I mean we're just not in them. Is there a rule now that you cant put your alts in the same guild? Or did an overenthusiastic officer toss our alts when we were gone? (Still trying to get in touch with people again.)

Thanks in advance!

Weatherbee

I guess either you got tossed out OR because of the guild glitch previously.

I think months ago when the lags are very bad, and somehow some players were booted out of the guild (a bug).

Maybe that, or other reasons which others may think that cause this?

I don't mean no guild identifier since no one is IN our guilds anymore, I mean we're just not in them. Is there a rule now that you cant put your alts in the same guild? Or did an overenthusiastic officer toss our alts when we were gone? (Still trying to get in touch with people again.)

I believe people are automatically removed from guilds when they don't log in for a long time. Some honorary members in my guild were on long term hiatus, but after a while they just disappeared from the Guild list. When they came back they had to be reinvited - I'm guessing it's a part of the Dofus guild system.

think it does more damage... that would make sense, but theres gotta be someone out there whose tested it

What does QED stand for?

"Quod erat demonstrandum." "Which was to be demonstrated," in Latin. It's used when something has been definitively proven.

For example.

2+2 = ?

II + II = IIII

2 + 2 = 4.

Q.E.D.

I never even almost thought it was latin... thank ye kindly!

think it does more damage... that would make sense, but theres gotta be someone out there whose tested it
Anyone have any info on this? Like, has anyone ever bothered to figure out the average damage the Needle does per level? <<

dunno, but i'm pretty sure splat leveled it by mistake and found it does more damage... but yeah, i personally don't have any specific info on it..

I'lll ask splat next time i see him