• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Kyek

The official newbie question thread!

4156 posts in this topic

Do you have a complete list of Trashcans?

Yar, question time:

WTF do you do with a Young Boar? I have no idea...

I think that's maybe a quest item? Maybe someone who knows more about it can chime in.

You can give it to the Boar Herder in Bonta. (I forget where he is, but he's... in Bonta).

-Wish

You can give it to the Boar Herder in Bonta. (I forget where he is, but he's... in Bonta).

-Wish

He gives you 5kk and hes gonna turn it into a BELT! :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(The Boar Guy is at the Shoemaker sellrooms I believe.)

Now answer my question; I need the stuff the Devs dropped in the bins.

Edited by Billylemmon

Umm.. what does gtfo mean?

Go to fuck off?

:P

Thanks so muuuuuch!

<3 this thread really :P

Newbie question: where do i fish for karlove? :lol:

Hi i would like to ask if anyone could post the stats of moon hammer Level 1 to 5, range stats etc

lvl 1-5

8 range

all need 8ap

no crit hit

crit fail 1/10

line of sight needed

non boosted

non linear

no for free squares

lvl 1:

3-32 air

-1 range (3turns)

lvl 2:

3-42 air

-1 range (3turns)

lvl 3:

3-52air

-1 range (3turns)

lvl 4:

3-62air

-1 range (3turns)

lvl 5:

3-72air

-1 range (4turns)

4. As long as you know the code, you can recoup energy in a house owned by another player.

no

you get warped out of a house that doesn't belong to you the instant you log out. unless its a quest house like the arachnee one.

Wow, thanks for that info Skippeh, I'll be sure to keep it in mind, as my guild was thinking of getting a guild house as well. Also, I think the main idea of a guild house is the chests inside, a 'take a penny leave a penny' type thing.

But don't forget to keep feeding it eni powders, or it will die! If you can't afford that, a constant feeding schedule will eventually bring its weight back down too -- just not as fast.

OK. I starved it until it said it was normal. When i fed it my pet became obese...again. Am I not supposed to feed it right away after it told me that my pet is in bad shape and had to go look for something eat? :D

OK. I starved it until it said it was normal. When i fed it my pet became obese...again. Am I not supposed to feed it right away after it told me that my pet is in bad shape and had to go look for something eat? :D

When your pet finds food on its own, it counts as a feeding -- just not the stat-boosting type. Basically, there's a counter on your pet. If you feed it too soon (e.g. < 5 hours for a Bow Meow), the counter goes up. If you feed it too late (e.g. > 18 hours for a Bow Meow), the counter goes down. There is a range for the counter: Skinny, Normal, Obese.

So if your pet is Skinny, overfeed it to boost the counter to Normal. What happened to you was that your pet was on the cusp between Normal and Obsese. The extra feeding bumped it back into the Obese range.

And, no, there is no way to see what the counter is at. You just have to pay attention to your feedings.

Newbie question: where do i fish for karlove? :D

Kraloves are random catch now. Meaning you have a small chance of getting them while fishing in any spots. Last time seems to be "Strange Shadow" , but I didn't know what it is lol. Maybe someone can clarify this?

Also, at lvl60 Fishing, you'll be able to equip a rod called "Love Staff" that enables you to have a higher chance (I should say way higher chance) of getting a Kralove.

Hope that helps :D

Snoic is correct :D Strange Shadows were actually an object that they played around with for a bit on Jiva, but was ultimately so useless at the time that it died out. Each kind of fish spawn has a chance at producing a Kralove, but the kind of fishing poll you have affects it, and some types of spawns are much more likely to drop it than others. That's half the fun of being a fisherman -- discovering where and how to catch the kind of fish you need :D

Think this question suites best here :D

Does anyone know the pp lock on Euphoric Hemp from Fungi Masters?

you get warped out of a house that doesn't belong to you the instant you log out. unless its a quest house like the arachnee one.

Not exactly true, you can go into merchant mode in a house that doesn't belong to you, if you have the code or there is no code. We do it in our guild house so members can buy cheap items from each other when they are logged out.

Okay my question:

A little new to my feca shield, but it when casted on myself or others it doesn't show in the % on the character, nor does it say "so-and-so reduced damage by...". Is it supposed to?

Thanks!

> Neiki

Yep. It doesnt show up the amount of shield you've casted upon on the resistance panel.

But I think if you click on the character box on the lower right corner of the screen (in battle that is), you'll see the effects of the shield :o

Heya, im currently Playing a Ecaflip, however, i am not sure how to really start off, as there is a massive lack of guides related to my class around here.....

I am considering raising my STR stat to about 100 or so before milking vitality for all its worth.....is this the right way to do this type of build?

Also, i want to get a proffession, but i am unsure what to choose, i wanted miner, but the astrub mines are camped up to the nads.....im considering alchemy, but ive heard its not that desirable of a profession, please help!

oh, and thanks in advance. (im P2P by the way if that helps.)

Edited by Krakatoah

Heya, im currently Playing a Ecaflip, however, i am not sure how to really start off, as there is a massive lack of guides related to my class around here.....

I am considering raising my STR stat to about 100 or so before milking vitality for all its worth.....is this the right way to do this type of build?

Also, i want to get a proffession, but i am unsure what to choose, i wanted miner, but the astrub mines are camped up to the nads.....im considering alchemy, but ive heard its not that desirable of a profession, please help!

oh, and thanks in advance. (im P2P by the way if that helps.)

Can't give you a huge amount of help about the Ecaflip thing except that Str Eca > Cha Eca. As for mining, it's not as easy as, say, farming to find your resources, but I know that you must leave Astrub mines (aka Hellhole)-- just run away, since you're paying! I don't know who told you Alchemy wasn't a desirable profession, but I absolutely adore it. Plus free potions for all my characters. Yay.

Here's my n00b question: If a target has an effect like Paralyzing Poison or Roulette or whatever on him, does he take damage if, for example, a Xelor uses Slow Down on him or anything else provokes AP loss on him? Or does it ONLY apply to AP that's actually used?

I'm pretty sure that its only AP you use. If a poison is "2ap used hits 1hp" or something and you use 7 ap, you only get hit with 3hp.

Also, if you're a saddida and you use Silvan Power (-100ap -100mp), then if you are poisoned, you get hit with the amount of AP you used when you casted Silvan Power (i.e. you cast EQ, PW, SP, you get hit with 8ap worth of poison).

Id like to personally answer the question that always follows the god-awsome question "HOW I MINE FOR FISH?"

and that Question is "where the hell does that come from?"

Well, i'm here to tell you the answer, well not really the answer at all, but fill you in on what might be the source of the question or not, who knows.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8954/050706sr7.jpg

Id like to personally answer the question that always follows the god-awsome question "HOW I MINE FOR FISH?"

and that Question is "where the hell does that come from?"

Well, i'm here to tell you the answer, well not really the answer at all, but fill you in on what might be the source of the question or not, who knows.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8954/050706sr7.jpg

Its not :3

It dates WAAAAY back to world of warcraft, like most mmorpg-type-questions.

Also:

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS