• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Kyek

The official newbie question thread!

4134 posts in this topic

Hi, and welcome to Imps Village!

If you're new here, let me introduce myself -- I'm Kyek, the big blue Sadida who gets to call himself the owner and lead developer of Imps Village. We're in-progress of turning this place into a pretty amazing community site with more than just a forum. It will have all kinds of information all over it that will help you with the game-- exciting stuff!

What we lack, though, is a guide to help new players. Back when I started playing Dofus, I had no idea what I was getting into. I felt lost and I hadn't even moved off my map yet. So the reason for this thread is to let all the Dofus newbies who have found this site ask whatever you want, and I promise you won't be made fun of for it. After all, we were all newbies once!

In addition to getting someone to take the time to explain the answer to your question, you'll be helping me out by showing me what sort of things I should put in the Newbie Guide on the new front page, and what things most people can figure out themselves without being told. We both win!

So enough rambling for me. Let those new-player questions fly, and I'll do as best I can with them :blink:

How I mine for fish???????

Great thread Kyek. :blink:

I posted a newbie/astrub training guide in the old imps somewhere =/

note: the difference between a newbie question and a stupid question is small, but present. whoever said "there are no stupid questions" obviously never surfed the web. if you ask something such as my recently infamous "whut lvl i get bluf" in panda thread, you have to assume you will get some flak for it.

lets face it guys, im an asshole, and i like to prove it.

Well here is a sort of Newie question -

I have heard that one of the disadvantages of becoming a Brakmarian is that you do not have access to the Bonta Markets - but I have also heard the expression "taking off your wings". Is it possible to lower your wings and enter Bonta to use their markets?

Thanks in advance for clearing it up for me.

lol yep, Billy hit it on the head. Let me clarify, though -- whether your brak wings are up or down you can still WALK into Bonta (not zaap) -- but beware, because almost all the NPCs can aggro you, as well as most of the players walking around there.

This isn't limited to just Bonta, though -- any land that's aligned with Bonta is the same way. You might be able to walk in, but if you're not some crazy good high-level.. you better be fearin' for your life :blink:

I do believe you can get in, you just have to watch out for bonta guards who aggro with a big range.

I personally walk into bonta all the time to sell stuff in the markets...

Guards are easy to avoid, and most people dont eve give you a second look if you wings are off

having said that, it IS alot easyer for a spy, like myself, and camo virtually renders you invisible on those huge maps, but even without camo its still easy

The guards have a 7 square aggro range--so watch out.

Wisdom.

Okay. I'm lvl 79. Got 25+77 wisdom in Prespic. So how do I end up with 25% AP/MP Loss.

Someone please explain.

I think 25% AP Dodge per 100 Wis. You have 102 wis, so I'm guessing it's rounded down instead of up.

The guards have a 7 square aggro range--so watch out.

Wisdom.

Okay. I'm lvl 79. Got 25+77 wisdom in Prespic. So how do I end up with 25% AP/MP Loss.

Someone please explain.

25 + 77 = 102

102 / 4 = 25.5

Rounding down yields 25

(You math geeks can just do [102/4])

Voila: 25% AP/MP loss resist.

Punkist: I know a picture was posted of level 5 moon hammer (even if it was in french) -- but without the search feature working in the forum archives I can't find it. This isn't such a noob question, though, if you want to post it to the main informatory page and ask someone to repost :D

25 + 77 = 102

102 / 4 = 25.5

Rounding down yields 25

(You math geeks can just do [102/4])

Voila: 25% AP/MP loss resist.

Why is it divided by 4? :D

Why is it divided by 4? :D

Because for every 4 points wisdom, you get 1 point AP/MP Resist

Because for every 4 points wisdom, you get 1 point AP/MP Resist

:D

Ooh.

Umm.. anyone know how to get to 32,4 of Moon Island? For the Nomoon quest underwear.

Thanks!

Umm.. anyone know how to get to 32,4 of Moon Island? For the Nomoon quest underwear.

Thanks!

hmmm, diffifult. enter the jungle at 34,4 (you need 6 kokonuts to get in 32; 4) be careful greedovores aggro and are VERY strong. (2000HP, 2MP but they have attraction and at close combat they one-shoot you. :P

Edited by Forest-Queen

Thanks, just got my Nomoon.

And yes, I thought the Greedovores won't aggro like the mobs in Moon Island so I just went pass them [before I read your post] and got aggroed.. and its so scary I got swallowed =\

Regarding Homes:

I've heard talk of "Guild Houses" and my guild is currently saving for one. I'm pretty sure that only one person can officially "Own" a house. Does this mean:

1. They are the only ones who can use a home potion.

2. If they leave the game, the home it is non-transferrable.

3. Am I wrong about one person owning a house?

4. As long as you know the code, you can recoup energy in a house owned by another player.

1. They are the only ones who can use a home potion.

yes

2. If they leave the game, the home it is non-transferrable.

yes, but if they sell it on then it can be transfered

3. Am I wrong about one person owning a house?

no, but more than one person can know the code

4. As long as you know the code, you can recoup energy in a house owned by another player.

yes

My pet is OBESE! What should I do? Let it starve or keep feeding? :blink:

Let it starve back to normal.

Let it starve back to normal.

But don't forget to keep feeding it eni powders, or it will die! If you can't afford that, a constant feeding schedule will eventually bring its weight back down too -- just not as fast.