• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evilmind

48 hours rollback?

33 posts in this topic

yeah, because Wakfu needs more drama (as there is nothing else anyway)

Hello, Since yesterday evening at around 20h, 2 vulnerabilities are exploited heavily involved The first is related to the guild badge that can accumulate bonus enhancing Wisdom, Prospecting and damage by using a bug related to the allocation of experience to his guild. The second is associated with a bug in confronting Vampyro loop. Several players took the opportunity to gain experience and rare items in a massive way. These two faults have been used extensively involved, we are forced to rollback tomorrow when the update of 14h, which will allow us to apply a patch. The exploit was made public yesterday evening around 20h on the forums, the rollback will be approximately 48 hours. Regarding compensation that will follow the rollback, we can give you more details tomorrow during the day. We present our apologies for the inconvenience

looks pretty real?

http://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/8-general-discussion/39949-48h-rollback

I highly doubt it, but I still feel uneasy. :unsure:

I highly doubt it, but I still feel uneasy. :unsure:

french forums looks pretty sure about rollback, only question is how many days... ;-(

but forum crashed few minutes ago, probably too many people there, so i cant dig it anymore, guess its time for break today

french forums looks pretty sure about rollback, only question is how many days... ;-(

but forum crashed few minutes ago, probably too many people there, so i cant dig it anymore, guess its time for break today

Last Mod post i saw said it wont be longer than 48 hours and they will investigate all the bug abusers and punish them

Reeeeeally hope Nox is exempt. .-.

Hello,

Some details concerning the operations and rollback fault:

- The rollback will not exceed 48 hours of play rollback is not an option but a necessity. Indeed, the abuses practiced by some players may seriously affect the overall balance of the game, and we have to date no other choice but to perform such an action.

- Severe sanctions will be taken against players who exploited this flaw since the update on May 2 Our teams will investigate the matter and make a list of players to be penalized.

- Compensation will also be introduced. We recognize that it is unfair that the dishonest actions of a few can spoil the gaming pleasure of a majority. We will ensure that this majority is not too adversely affected by the rollback.

The team will present again apologizes for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.wakfu.com/fr/forum/3-etat-serveurs/241684-mise-jour-mercredi-09-05-14h

So its economic bug, exploited from last tuesday, but only 2 days rollback... I wonder when Ankama will finally learn, that good transaction logs are better then rollbacks, and everything is trackable if you have the right tools and dedicated workers. Thank god its only 1 week till Diablo 3 release, so we dont really care anyway.

We will ensure that this majority is not too adversely affected by the rollback.

So they ensure this by screwing everyone over equally hard?

so...no reason to play today, since ill be rollback'd anyways?

Edited by winged-one

Hard enough to level on this game as it is. Took me those 2 days to get 27 to 30! LOL

From the French forums:

Quote: Eskarina

Today - 19:27:27

"Hello,

The originally planned rollback is canceled for now.

Indeed, after discussion between different people in the team, I have just been communicated that we will explore all possible solutions to avoid the rollback initially announced for tomorrow.

For now, therefore, thank you not to take into account our previous announcements about it.

We can give you more information about this tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding."

Well, "original rollback cancelled" doesnt mean, that there will be no rollback... ;-)

But my guess is - there will be no rollback, and Ankama will do what they did every single time, when similar problems appeared in Dofus. They'll punish some random people, and let rest of them just go with whatever items/exp they got thanks to these two bugs.

----------------------------------------------------

Today - 20:11:35

Rollback

Hi there,

As you all probably heard, there have been some rumors about a rollback on our servers.

Here is what I know so far: some possible exploits have been discovered, and it appeared that some players abused them. The first solution to rebalance the servers was to roll them back to their state before these exploits appeared. However, we all know that this is not a good solution, and this first rollback plan was canceled.

No decision will be made before tomorrow, and by then I will be back in the office and will discuss this situation with everyone involved.

Until then, I encourage you to stay patient. I will come back to you tomorrow as soon as I have more information.

Troyle

Reeeeeally hope Nox is exempt. .-.

From the NA forums

That is correct, the rollback for the French server has been cancelled until further notice, but I would like to take this opportunity to remind the community to note that whatever happens on the French server may not affect ours.

Thank you for relaying this information.

I really can't see them doing a 2 day roll back. The amount of people that'll up and quit would be staggering.

As long as I get prospecting chocolates, I'll be fine.

Made an early video to cover this, footage from Remington.

Edited by Dharzi

So i was right, no immediate sanctions to bug abusers, they now have plenty of time to move everything valuable to other accounts... And noone will ever know if there was even some sanction.

Its really symbolic act, as it was 48 hour yesterday, when already massive number of people knew the tricks for a few days, and 24 hours later ist 44 hours rollback? Come on... thats the last drop for me, i'll not renew my subscription, and i'm really sorry i have one account p2p for year.

Edited by evilmind

I feel very sorry for this company for having such issues all the time again and again, resident in Europe where QM / QS should be a standard tool, preventing them from such repetitive errors...luckily the major part of their customers is very young and unable to overview their problems...and don't care that much about it...

well, heads up.

btw: pear, you nub - I was right with NOT playing yesterday :-)

Edited by winged-one

... and meanwhile, in todays changelog:

Characters no longer receive spell experience when they reached the character level cap

:blink:

SE has made a statement saying NOX wasn't going to be rolled back. If anyone was still wondering about the NA community.

Yeah, pretty sure you would have to pay them to get "rolled back" :lol:

SE has made a statement saying NOX wasn't going to be rolled back. If anyone was still wondering about the NA community.

i saw screenshots at NA forum, with high level people confesing how all their guild is abusing the bug, because its so great

so i'm not sure if "no rollback" is such a great news for rest of Nox *grin*

i saw screenshots at NA forum, with high level people confesing how all their guild is abusing the bug, because its so great

Do you have a link to that?

Do you have a link to that?

The threads were deleted

The threads were deleted

hmm, now i regret i didnt saved the pics... so Nox had no rollback?

hmm, now i regret i didnt saved the pics... so Nox had no rollback?

No, SE made some giant post about how the bug wasn't exploited to the extent that the other servers had it. And, something about not having to follow Ankama's rules since they run their servers. x3

I'm also looking at the current list of guilds. I don't see anything out of the normal. ._.

Nevermind, I had a friend personally confirm to me that his guild went up 2 levels in two days because a group of 100's figured out a way to dupe exp. Didn't tell me how, but is that what you saw?

Edited by llama king