• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serious

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

255 posts in this topic

who gives a shit about something being OP? it's a single player game, not a competition.

2 people like this

There is alot of crap thats broken anyway, its worse then oblivion in terms of shit being broken.

But you do raise a point it is a single player game,either way the game is damn easy anyway.

Edited by RavenAckros

There is alot of crap thats broken anyway, its worse then oblivion in terms of shit being broken.

But you do raise a point it is a single player game,either way the game is damn easy anyway.

exactly, it's a game that everyone can play. if you want a challenge put it too hardest. if you're a casual player put it to easy.

I sure do love me some Metal Gear guards.

My skyrim experience would be complete if there were a mod that made a cardboard box appear over you whenever you sneak.

1 person likes this

Duel wielding in light armour on expert with no crafting abuse is keeping things dangerous for me. I wanted to do master but it was just ridiculous. Expert seems the sweet spot in that as long as I take them one at a time and don't swing at air too long I should be able to muddle through. Unless they use magic. Really going to need some enchanted %res for that, right now I just cast fury on whoever they are with or if I am really desperate some shop-bought poisons delivered via pointy projectile.

Of course I could make it so much easier for myself but where's the fun in that? I'm pretty tempted to restart and play a Voodoo Priest that uses nothing but zombies and reverse pickpocketing poison.

Edited by graydoo

No armor, no weapons, all points into magicka. Archers can one shot me and mages can two shot me, but I'm having the time of my life. Level 35 now and combat is always over in seconds, one way or another.

You mean Disintegrate, the Shock tree final perk (shock spells damaging enemies to below 15% hp reduces them to ash piles)?

Also, fun fact. Sneaking and using Lightning bolts is hilarious.

----------

Enchanting is funny. I have no one-handed perks, and the skill is level 31, but my Legendary Daedric longsword lists 99 physical damage. B-)

Also Heavy Armor level 18 (no perks) and 270 armor from Legendary Daedric set.

Fortify Smithing enchants (on cheap clothing, for crafting only...) are well worth the investment.

Nah, Incinerate. I have this nagging feeling the mana cost is nigh-insane though.

Nah, Incinerate. I have this nagging feeling the mana cost is nigh-insane though.

That's why you enchant Fortify Destruction on your gear, silly. B-)

Your actual skill in Destruction also affects the casting cost.

Is there a certain shop that sells banish/paralyze enchantment? I've just been using the crappy enchantments I've found so far to level up enchanting, but apparently those are the best to use. Anyway my goal as of now, before I do anything else is getting 100/100 in enchanting/smithing then crafting me some gear and putting fortify destruction on 4 piece. No cost magic + actual armor ftw :D Then I might actually do the main quest.

Edited by Serious

It shows up randomly. It's a high level enchantment, though, and it's very expensive. I didn't see one until I was almost level 40. Of course, I had Enchant and Smith to level 100 long before then...

I used Absorb Health to make money, it's a fairly expensive enchant too.

Well... Fuck. *goes back to using fortify magic* :(

Just check as many weapon vendors as you can every now and then, and you'll find some nice enchantments.

Any given "Absorb" effect is good profit, and they can be found at low levels.

Fortify Archery, One-Handed, Two-Handed or Sneak are good apparel enchantments to use, too.

Edited by Sljm

Is there a certain shop that sells banish/paralyze enchantment? I've just been using the crappy enchantments I've found so far to level up enchanting, but apparently those are the best to use. Anyway my goal as of now, before I do anything else is getting 100/100 in enchanting/smithing then crafting me some gear and putting fortify destruction on 4 piece. No cost magic + actual armor ftw :D Then I might actually do the main quest.

3pieces* circlet, ring,necklace. and get master robes of destruction at the college and later a certain other robe.

incinerate is great for dragons, or big enemies. less good for taking out small groups of enemies though. <3 fireball for that one. but yeah you totally need atleast one piece of -destruction % cost enchantment.

No armor, no weapons, all points into magicka. Archers can one shot me and mages can two shot me, but I'm having the time of my life. Level 35 now and combat is always over in seconds, one way or another.

having fun pressing F5 and F9 a lot eh?

It's usually more efficient (read, cheaper) to enchant your own piece of chest clothing than to buy the robes from the college. Also, Master robes of Destruction only reduce costs by 22%, the max enchant without Alchemy boost is 25%. Also, you can enchant two schools on the same items with the level 100 enchant perk.

Plus, College robes sure ain't Daedric Armor. Just sayin'.

3pieces* circlet, ring,necklace. and get master robes of destruction at the college and later a certain other robe.

Looking at wiki. You can enchant fotify destruction on helm, armor, ring and amulet. So yes four.

It's usually more efficient (read, cheaper) to enchant your own piece of chest clothing than to buy the robes from the college. Also, Master robes of Destruction only reduce costs by 22%, the max enchant without Alchemy boost is 25%. Also, you can enchant two schools on the same items with the level 100 enchant perk.

Plus, College robes sure ain't Daedric Armor. Just sayin'.

master robes of destruction are only 4500gold and the mana regen is very nice.

Looking at wiki. You can enchant fotify destruction on helm, armor, ring and amulet. So yes four.

3* circlet=helm ring, necklace. master robes of destruction as armor. sure you could run around looking like a fool in daedric armor. but who has ever seen a proper mage run around in armor? ha!

master robes of destruction are only 4500gold and the mana regen is very nice.

3* circlet=helm ring, necklace. master robes of destruction as armor. sure you could run around looking like a fool in daedric armor. but who has ever seen a proper mage run around in armor? ha!

I'm a little at a lost right now. I'm trying to go the battlemage route now.

battlemage=looking like a tool? oh okay then!by battlemage i figured you meant using swords and spells.not running around in heavy armor.

Edited by RollTheDice

> Looking like a tool

> 350 Armor with no heavy armor perks

> 0 casting cost for destruction and alteration

Yeah, I'll just look like a tool then. :3

Just so you know, your active mana regen is reduced to 1/3 in combat. Base rate is 3% per second. So in combat, with even +100% mana regen, is 2% per second. With 400 mana, that's 8 per second. Whoopdie doo.

Edited by Sljm

never said it wasnt an efficient build, just saying it looks stupid to be a "mage" in full armor. not like a mage in a robe with destruction% enchanted dies a lot.

So... Since I don't die... and do the same spell damage as a Destruction Mage in robes... I'm a tool?

lolokay

Yay. Found a fear enchantment. Just making a ton of daggers and selling is making a decent profit for me. Only thing that sucks is having to go hunt souls. I really need to go buy bound bow :P. Wish PS3 had a quick save function. Just out killing moose to only get fucked by a sabre cat out of nowhere is really lame :(

Edited by Serious

In the SETTINGS menu, under SYSTEM (push start), allll the way at the bottom, you can set the autosave interval to 5 minutes at the least. The game autosaves each time you open the menu if that time limit has been passed.

The game also autosaves each time you Wait (push Select), even for 1 hour.

Edited by Sljm

Well... Fuck. Thanks Sljm lol.

Traded it in already :( Great game, just not really my style. Enjoyed it...Im just too adhd for it, I kept trying to continue the quests before I decide to go run off and pick some damn flowers in the middle of no where because "they might be useful" before getting my face kicked in by a giant. So I didn't really get far haha.