• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serious

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

255 posts in this topic

Yeah my friend keeps talking about this. >.> I did not like Oblivion, so I doubt I will like this one. >.>

Yeah my friend keeps talking about this. >.> I did not like Oblivion, so I doubt I will like this one. >.>

I agree, I didnt really like elder scrolls either, so I feel as though I wont enjoy Skyrim as much...

A few years ago, my wife bought me one of the elder scroll games on PS3. I've tried to "get into it" several times even playing it for a few nights straight. It usually results in me quitting it after less than a week. I just can't get into it. It's an amazingly detailed and well done game. Not sure why I can't love it. I think it's the first person combat. I've even played it to the point of maxing a lot of the spells/skills :(

I'm excited, but not as excited as the people who climaxed when he started swinging his sword (trololol no euphanism).

A few years ago, my wife bought me one of the elder scroll games on PS3. I've tried to "get into it" several times even playing it for a few nights straight. It usually results in me quitting it after less than a week. I just can't get into it. It's an amazingly detailed and well done game. Not sure why I can't love it. I think it's the first person combat. I've even played it to the point of maxing a lot of the spells/skills :(

That is the same for me. I really wanted to get into the game because it looks so good. But it was just too boring. :( I think it was the first person thing too, as I have never been a fan of that. :3

I find that the elder scroll games are very well done technically but have little else to offer (Apart from Daggerfal with all its random generators, it was madness).

Although I heard some fan made extensions made the games better.

ditto. i've played several of these but i never found them very interesting :s

So, the game comes with a map, the limited edition strategy guide also comes with a map and a link to an online map. How many maps am I going to end up with?!

side note, if anyones making a game soon, dont use the word 'scrolls' in it, it will result in a lawsuit from bethesda! har har.

seriously tho, cant wait, DRAGONS! RANDOM DRAGONS!

DRAGONS!

It looks cool, I didnt liked oblivion that much but this one looks better (at least for me, smoother) The game im dying for is Guild Wars 2, I cant wait for that one :P

Have it preordered on steam.

Collectors Edition will be in my collection.

I preordered it.

A lot of my friends were wild about Oblivion, and I could hear how excited about the game they were when they talked about it. Then I bought Oblivion. I tried it out, but sort of trudged along waiting for the "good part" my friends were talking about. There were quite a few memorable bits, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun at some point, but a lot of mechanics were clunky. First person sword fighting is always pretty hard to do without frustrating people. Some UI elements were strange, and the third person animations made me laugh super hard (especially when I got the water jump ability). Before I even finish Oblivion, though, I ended up using the developer console, max out my stats and abilities, get the best armor, and just jet through to the end. I was able to run faster than my horses in full heavy armor. I think I had more fun goofing off, spawning extra mobs, or sicking guards on innocent bystanders than I did with the actual game.

But from the demos, pictures, and talk from the developers, it seems like they cleared a lot of the bugs and annoying bits for the most part. At least, I hope. I wasn't entirely grasped by the story in Oblivion, which is one of the main reasons I got the game. I'm hoping Skyrim has something a bit more enticing. The graphic improvement is a huge plus, though I'd be fine if it looked like Minecraft but played well. If anything, I know I can boot up the developer console and wreak digital havoc on those poor, poor, NPCs.

i thought at first this topic was called Elder Scrolls V(s) skyrim

damn numerals

So close to release, I can't wait D: I want to go to midnight release but I have school and would rather not fuck myself up and be exhausted during school so I'll just wait :P. Let me know how it is to people who get it or already have it :D

I have it pre ordered but because of my stupid fuckin job I have to work all day on friday (Applebees and their great decision to give free food to vets on veterans day) I can't play it that much until next week ( i gotta work all weekend). So yea, I'll do a game review on it, but it might be a few days late due to work related reasons.

So, the game comes with a map, the limited edition strategy guide also comes with a map and a link to an online map. How many maps am I going to end up with?!

this many:

Xzibit-On-Planking.jpg

This game looks SO beautiful. The only Beth game I've played was Morrowind and I just didn't like the first-person view. That coupled with the fact that there was so little guidance in the beginning. I know the idea is to have a game that's open and non-linear, but I need a little direction at first and the experience just wasn't inviting to someone who had never played that type of game before. I guess I'd know what to expect now with Skyrim, but with so many great games coming out in the next few months and ones that I've already neglected because I was unemployed, I think I'll just skip this one. :)

Pretty sure on all the elder scrolls games I've played (xbox) you can click the thumb stick in to go 3rd person

Is there anybody who could take a little 5 minute break from Skyrim and let me know how it is? :P Interested in getting it, but I'd like to hear some opinions first.

Is there anybody who could take a little 5 minute break from Skyrim and let me know how it is? :P Interested in getting it, but I'd like to hear some opinions first.

BUY IT NOW FOOL ITS AWESOME

How much more graphically advanced is this compared to Oblivion? I'm considering buying it but I'm not sure if my laptop will run it (and I don't have a ps3/360 so those aren't an option) and I don't really want to waste £40 to find out it won't work.

This is weird, first time I played it I had no lag issues whatsoever, automatically put my computer onto high graphics setting etc...when I come back on I'm getting a ridiculously low fps, incredibly choppy and just generally eurgh...it was still the same when I changed it down to medium...I closed everything else as well :s anyone have any clue as to what might be going on?

Edit: Oh and also when I typed stuff into the steam chat that was really laggy as well (3-4 seconds for letters to show up)

Edited by Funkyarrows

Have you tried this?

The combat in this game looks so fake and lame, like you cut through everything in the same way regardless of what you're fighting et cetera

Is it better than Elder Scrolls? I don't know why but for the life of me I couldn't get in to that game. I played it for about 20 hours and then I gave up on it.

The only thing about it being such a huge world is that I lost track of what I was supposed to be doing and ended up doing some useless quests that were scattered about everywhere and maxing out skills.