• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Villike

Vindictus (New Char announced, Season 3 release on the 16th)

56 posts in this topic

Been playing this game on and off. It's free, with a cash shop.
US/AU: http://vindictus.nexon.net or http://store.steampowered.com/app/212160/
EU: http://vindictus.nexoneu.com/

Things that make the game semi-unique:
1. AP: You level skills with AP, you can get AP from running dungeons or from just existing (1 ap per hour no matter what). It's possible to max every skill with time, kinda like buying SP scrolls in Dofus.

2. It's hack and slash:You can play the game using an xbox 360 controller if you can get used to the controls. Every attack is generally a combo involving mouse buttons and a few other keys here and there. Enemies are more than just targets; you can grab them, throw objects at them, chase them, stab them, smash them, bash them, and none of it feels like just hitting a giant hitbox like in other games. The combat is somewhat similar to the Souls games, and Vindictus is the closest you'll get to a Dark Souls MMO at the moment.

3. The armor:...every piece of armor (except belt/emblem/earrings/rings) will show up on your character and can be colored in various ways. If it gets damaged enough during combat then it will "break", giving less def and looking...broken. There are tons of different sets to mix and match, and you can fuse different pieces of armor to other pieces, allowed you to work with any level range of equipment to get your unique appearance.

4. Level mixing: There are some incentives for higher level players to mix in with lower level players. Everyone has something to gain from a dungeon, be it titles, drops, ap, or exp. The end-game content is generally limited to higher levels, but there have been recent updates that significantly lowered the amount of time it takes to go from level 1 to 70.

5. No MP/mana: You have stamina that recharges when you aren't running or attacking. You can increase it through equips and skills, and one character even has the ability to continue using HP in place of stamina while attacking.

6. Revives: Every person can bring 3 regular revives and a party revive into a fight, one class can revive every 5 min for free as well. The regular revives are extremely cheap so you generally won't end up with a full dead party unless it's a bad run. Then you can invite a friend from your friend list to join the fight, an infinite number of times. The only reason to lose a fight is if you run out of time, which almost never happens.

7. Dark Knight/Paladin:

(1:15 is Dark Knight stage 2)
After 40 you can be a dark knight or paladin. You can use it once an hour (resetting at the start of the hour), getting 100 exp in it per use usually. Every 2000 exp gains a level in it, you can go into stage 2 at 16. It's basically 2 minutes of haxness.

Characters:
Fiona:
lHX8Yom.png
Uses longsword or long hammer paired with a small or large shield.
Definitely the tankiest class. Pretty high damage output if you can time blocks properly with her. She also recently got a shield deflect skill, so there are a few options to shrug aside or counter damage.

Evie:
PII0OYS.jpgERbaP7H.jpg
Uses either a staff or a scythe. Staff is based mostly around support. She has lightning/fire/ice attacks that she charge up and store. She can freezes the boss or do pretty big AoE damage, on top of being the only class able to heal other players rather consistently. Scythe evies are based around combos and snap-spells that are able to take out large numbers of enemies, though they can't heal other players.

Lann:
ZAFpT4t.jpg(Not mine)
Can use either swords or spears. Based around dodges and critical attacks. Similar to Vella, but with a more effective dodge and no form of counter-attack. Generally considered to require the most skill.

Karok:
29r453F.jpg(Not mine)
Uses either a cestus or a pillar. Pillar attacks are based around charging, slamming, and sometimes grabbing. He can lock attacks with bosses mid-swing and allow other party members to attack uninterrupted for a period of time. He can also throw the pillar away to use a relatively limited hand-to-hand combat style. He's able to absorb most attacks while attacking/dodging. With the cestus he has a pretty similar playstyle, but with more explosions.

Kai:
XAUs90J.jpgQ577GAy.jpg
He uses either bows or crossguns. His attacks are (obviously) range-based, and he has the ability to break-off drops from bosses in ways that other characters can't. The bow is mostly based around charged-up headshots, while the crossgun is based around explosives and rapid damage.

Vella:
x7L9frw.jpgp2k5mhS.jpg
She can use either swords or twin-blades. With swords she's able to dodge almost everything, deflect projectiles back at enemies, and counter just about every attack. She's not the most powerful character, but her survivability is almost unrivaled. With chainblades she is crippled in the dodge department, but it able to output large amounts of ranged damaged in relatively short amounts of time.

Lynn:

C8RNMvA.jpg

Based around timing her combos to stack up explosives on a boss, then setting them off during other combos. She takes a bit more skill than most of the other classes, but can be really fun once you get the hang of her. She uses polearm-type weapons.

Hurk:

lsfTfkW.jpg
Generally considered the most powerful character in the game. He uses a giant sword, gains damage and attack speed as he chains attacks, and can continue to attack forever (at the cost of hp). He has the ability to deflect then counter a lot of attacks from boss monsters, and can heal back damage dealt to him if he dodges while being hit, then attacks within a certain timeframe.

Arisha:
TqEok6S.jpg
The only magic-user other than Evie at the moment. She's more melee-oriented, but dies very easily. Once she gets enough hits in then she's able to unleashed a really powerful continuous melee combo, one of the strongest attacks in the game, for quite a long period of time. Hard to master, but very high damage output in the end.

?:

nsTEwBv.jpg

Edited by Villike
1 person likes this

The english version lacks content at the moment but im planning to re start it when they release the wrestler.

I fell for this trap :( Thor promised me help and never helped me! so I lied he helped me alot then proceeded to make me feel dirty for showboating around in panties and a shield and sword and now I'm stuck playing a mmo that's pretty cool actually :D since I see no frenchies really on the servers unless their french-canadian overall tho the game is pretty good and more content to come for the english peoplez of the world :D

I shall be downloading this when i dont feel lazy.

I played this! I had a hell of a lot of fun, but I stopped because I was forced to use a VPN to play it so I had nothing but laaag e__e

It plays like Dynasty Warriors.

It's definitely decent. I got bored of it, but that's probably because I'll lost my interest in MMO's altogether. I do enjoy the combat, but there needs to be a little more variety. I do remember boss battles being a blast though.

I think what made me quit was the constant running around for boring quests, and of course as I said the lack of variety in enemies and levels. It gets VERY repetitive after a while.

Edited by Jello

The bosses are awsome and can be a lot more skill based than equipment based, every other enemy *literal* are trash mobs that cant do anything to you.

I'm currently downloading this game, it doesn't seem to be limited by any means for me for now, assuming I live in Russia wich is definitely niether Korea nor USA/Canada. I'll see what happens next, if it allows me to actually log in and start playing, but, as stated before, it doesn't seem to be limited now... :3

Thank you very much for sharing, lookis very promising :D

Okay, so I've got pwned by the game and it doesn't want to let me in... however, it seems I've just found a solution! For all of you, non-americans, a little instruction:

1) Create your own malebox on webmail.aol.com

2) Download aol 9.5 (http://daol.aol.com/software/95)

3) Launch it and use the aol email logs to log in

4) Now the main part, go to: 1) Connect Options

s1.jpg

2) Click on Advanced Broadband Settings

s2.jpg

3) Choose the BroadBand tab

s3.jpg

4) Then click onto Add Broadband Profile, type in whatever you want, then hit Add.

s4.jpg

5) In Connecting Type menu pick Home Network, save, hit Sign On and here we go, now you're officially an american :D

Enjoy the game! :P

Edited by Mittenz

Woo thanks for the guide.

Also, they've updated the game quite a bit over the past few months from what I've heard. There seems to be a lot more content than there was before. The regular enemies are only trash mobs on normal mode, you can play on hard or hero mode as well (hero after 50). Most people don't bother with hard mode, but hero buffs regular enemies, some to an extreme point, and gives more AP/drops in the end.

Edited by Villike

I saw the game earlier and thought it looked really good. Maybe you should also have a look at Tera which to me seems even more awesome. ^^

Game was definitely fun for a while. But yeah, it gets boring quickly, especially in the higher lvls of grinding.

I had a sword lann, and had just started wearing Blood Prince set. I think they opened up a new boat since I quit.

I saw the game earlier and thought it looked really good. Maybe you should also have a look at Tera which to me seems even more awesome. ^^

When will it be released?

This year sometime. It was already shown on the E3 and they said that they are just working on some more content for the western version right now.

If you have got any questions feel free to ask x)

Edited by Delian

This year sometime. It was already shown on the E3 and they said that they are just working on some more content for the western version right now.

If you have got any questions feel free to ask x)

Will Tera be p2p per month or free after 1 time buying it with a cash shop setup? :D

I played it during one of its betas for North America, when there were only 2 classes (Lann and I forget the other one). It was interesting. Pretty fun. The way it was set up though, bummed me out. I could live with no NPCs, I could live with no crafting or any real use for money. What I couldn't live with, was my luck. There's challenges that you can (or could, at least) complete to progress your character, get points to unlock stuff, whatever. My issue was always that the challenges were "do this, which has a 10% chance of spawning in the first place" kind of thing. I have a habit in these types of games (and racing games, and puzzle games) to not move on at all until everything up to that point was 100% done (unless blatantly obvious it wouldn't be possible until later). I had fun with it, until I reached like, the third zone. Running out of coins to play got old super quick, and I sure as hell wasn't going to dole out real cash to go an extra time.

It was fun for a time, but it didn't have enough to keep me interested, and some parts kinda fell apart for me. That being said, and the general sentiment that there's not enough to do, will most likely keep me away from it.

Running out of coins to play got old super quick, and I sure as hell wasn't going to dole out real cash to go an extra time

They just got rid of the token system a few days ago.

Will Tera be p2p per month or free after 1 time buying it with a cash shop setup? :D

As far as I know its going to be monthly P2P. Thats also what it is like in Korea.

So does anyone have any feedback about how the game runs from EU or wherever using the method posted?

Just started playing today and fucking love this game. Anybody on west server wanna play? I have a lvl 10 dual sword guy (Forgot his name)

Too bad im from Europe >.>

Looks hella awesome.

Yeah. I've noticed alot of Europeans really wanna play this game D:

Yeah. I've noticed alot of Europeans really wanna play this game D:

53GFn.jpgsry

Their facebook about the EU version of Vindictus haven't been updated in forever and they don't seem to be saying anything on the site for it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/20767/EU-Launch-in-Q4

That says that it'll be launched in Q4 this year though, seems legit so I guess people can hope :<

Edited by Villike

Oh no its an alot! D: I always forget to spell a lot correctly lol. Even after reading that article

Good news for Europeans. They updated the EU site http://vindictus.nexoneu.com . They have a trailer out for it and they had demos for it at a convention I guess.

EU is in open beta now, woo! (Chars'll be reset after though).