• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyek

Imps update status

142 posts in this topic

oh just noticed it got now also some kind of mobile version for my iPhone...nice!

mm it looks like 90% of the topics disappeared, or am I missing something?

something linked to the way archives work?

(only 1 page of topics in every forum)

ps: I use GoogleChrome

mm it looks like 90% of the topics disappeared, or am I missing something?

something linked to the way archives work?

(only 1 page of topics in every forum)

ps: I use GoogleChrome

We only kept the last two weeks worth of posts. If a topic did not get a post in two weeks, it didn't get moved over. There were a few exceptions to this such as the stickied topics.

If there is something you think should be posted again, feel free to go to the archive and post it here.

Sorry if someone posted this before, but will long signatures scroll at some point of the upgrade, or are they going to stay like this - fully displayed?

Sorry if someone posted this before, but will long signatures scroll at some point of the upgrade, or are they going to stay like this - fully displayed?

We're currently waiting for a new skin before we mess with that. However, if you see someone with a huge signature, just ask them to change it or report it to a mod and we'll ask.

1 person likes this

We're currently waiting for a new skin before we mess with that. However, if you see someone with a huge signature, just ask them to change it or report it to a mod and we'll ask.

OK, thanks!

I just noticed status updates in our profiles and the "About Me" tab, and I think it's great!

By the way, how do I change the part that says my interests in my profile, I need to remove the break HTML tag.

OK, thanks!

I just noticed status updates in our profiles and the "About Me" tab, and I think it's great!

By the way, how do I change the part that says my interests in my profile, I need to remove the break HTML tag.

Settings --> Profile tab --> Change Profile Information

2 people like this

We only kept the last two weeks worth of posts. If a topic did not get a post in two weeks, it didn't get moved over. There were a few exceptions to this such as the stickied topics.

If there is something you think should be posted again, feel free to go to the archive and post it here.

Are you serious?

Its a REALLY bad idea not to take over complete Informatory Subforum :(

That was a huge database of information...don't go tell me your server ran out of space...

Edit: archive? where? :)

Edited by winged-one

Are you serious?

Its a REALLY bad idea not to take over complete Informatory Subforum :(

That was a huge database of information...don't go tell me your server ran out of space...

From what I've been told it was to make the move easier. We also have the archive there for this exact reason. If something should be moved over, anyone can go back and get it.

Edit: Very bottom of the forum.

Edited by Jake

I give it 1 month until we'll be able to smack a ton of our pics on the profile, exactly like on Facebook. :C *shivers*

Oi, don't forget tags!

The entirety of the other forum is still available at the bottom of the forum index, just like the old phpBB archive was when we moved to IPB in 2006. Not to fear, absolutely nothing has been lost :). The old-school phpBB forums aren't currently accessible (that database is enormous and is going to take some serious brainstorming to keep available) but the IV you're used to is there in all its many-threaded glory ;-).

I cut this new forum down to the past two weeks+sticky posts because the sad truth of web forums is that, once the database gets so big, they're not maintainable. Searches take too long and too much CPU power, the RAM get tied up sorting through lots of irrelevant information, search indexes get unmanageably huge. Five years is a long time for a web forum when you're not constantly deleting old threads.

This time around, forums of little consequence will be manually pruned. Seller forums, merch announcements, etc will only retain their posts for a month or two before inactive ones get deleted. Forums like the informatory will never be pruned, though.

3 people like this

The old archive is gone! Why can't I look at all the posts that timeshaper made about asians?

Also when is the quick reply feature being re-enabled?

edit: derp I am blind. I don't have to press a button to use it anymore.

edit 2:

You should sticky all the legendarily epic threads with sleepycleric, Weatherbee, Cat-O and stuff.

Edited by Skippeh
1 person likes this

This time around, forums of little consequence will be manually pruned. Seller forums, merch announcements, etc will only retain their posts for a month or two before inactive ones get deleted. Forums like the informatory will never be pruned, though.

Give them at least 3 months before pruning if possible. Older buying/selling topics are often great for price checking.

1 person likes this

When i try to report a post, I get this error:

[#10136.1] The report center module for the content you are trying to report is not configured correctly.

No downvote button? I see the upvote button, and that's nice and all.

But how will I downvote all of Saurus' posts? B-)

6 people like this

No downvote button? I see the upvote button, and that's nice and all.

But how will I downvote all of Saurus' posts? B-)

Take it up with management. :(

When i try to report a post, I get this error:

[#10136.1] The report center module for the content you are trying to report is not configured correctly.

Yep, I'm working on this, though I may not be able to seriously lay into it until late tomorrow night. It looks like an upgrade error, as IPB is calling code that no longer exists in this release.

1 person likes this

This 2 week only posts getting moved over reduced the heroic servers section to 1 post and stickys. B-)

I'm liking the general feel of the new forums but for some reason it hurts my eyes..

Where's the -1? Because i so hate this forum. dry.gif

I can't find old posts, about ankama annoucements. Why can we only check recent posts... comon... -.-

Edited by Cereal

Probably disabled to stop it from getting out of hand, people tend to get upset over negative rep far to easily.

Probably disabled to stop it from getting out of hand, people tend to get upset over negative rep far to easily.

and the archive's are at the bottom of the forum.

Okay, so seeing as people seem to keep missing it. Here are a few things. Again.

• The skin is not permanent. We are already working on new ones.
  • ALL the old topics are still available. Including Guild Forums. The archive is at the bottom of the board index. It was that, or the forums take about 2 weeks to transfer.
  • We know about (most) things that are broken currently. By all means, let us know if you find something new. But check if it's been mentioned first.
1 person likes this

What about dropping those "In-Game Merchants" subs ?

Are they any useful? After a short time almost all information there is totally outdated....

What about dropping those "In-Game Merchants" subs ?

Are they any useful? After a short time almost all information there is totally outdated....

The entirety of the other forum is still available at the bottom of the forum index, just like the old phpBB archive was when we moved to IPB in 2006. Not to fear, absolutely nothing has been lost :). The old-school phpBB forums aren't currently accessible (that database is enormous and is going to take some serious brainstorming to keep available) but the IV you're used to is there in all its many-threaded glory ;-).

I cut this new forum down to the past two weeks+sticky posts because the sad truth of web forums is that, once the database gets so big, they're not maintainable. Searches take too long and too much CPU power, the RAM get tied up sorting through lots of irrelevant information, search indexes get unmanageably huge. Five years is a long time for a web forum when you're not constantly deleting old threads.

to clarify they wont be outdated for long cause they'l be deleted. also i've used that section a few times.so i find them useable, not the most important section but a keeper IMO Edited by RollTheDice
1 person likes this

Good idea!

...and sorry for overlooking this announcement ;/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0