• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyek

Imps update status

142 posts in this topic

Yeah, the rep feature is something we're working on. It's possible that it automatically sets everybody to max for the first day, but it might be broken. New posts will work, but it'll take you to the first post the first time because it treats everything here as brand new. At least, it works fine for me after the first time.

And yeah, I do agree at the separation between pinned and normal. That's something I'd like to fiddle with later.

I'll try +1'ing later. Ya the go to last un-read post works once you've viewed the thread for the first time.

To everyone with complaints about the current skin:

If this part of the OP wasn't clear enough...

As I've said, this is still a work in progress. Upcoming things:
  • A non-default forum theme

It means that the plan is to switch away from this skin (the default IPB3 skin) and to one more fitting for IV :)

Aware of that,im just hoping we can have a few extra skins one of them being narrow :>

this board looks too serious for a cartoony game like dofus :P

anyway, nice new features, although the only thing i really want is to be able to block *some* of the avatars/sigs (i know you can block them all, but i only wanna block the ones that i personally find ugly/annoying/offensive/huge etc) :s

I think this skin is hundred times better than the old forums default (or maybe I just got fed up seeing the same skin for ~4 years and I really like to see a fresh look every now and then).

Thanks a lot Kyek for having kept and still keeping the site up and running, dealing with all the technical issues and even getting us this great upgrade :) Hope you and Fosjam wont have any big problems with getting all whats still left to do finished up.

First of all, thanks for keeping the downtime so minimal! second.. this is great, I really like the new features :) I am looking forward to the Imps skin, but thisone doesn't look too bad either :o (Well, sure, with another header and all~)

It'll all take some getting used to. but ah well, it's like a class nerf. Everyone complains for 2 days and just goes on using it (And I noticed not many people complaining!) Aaaalso. I just noticed some error. (And back when I had to type my password too.)

Like.. the typing fields freeze. (Don't know how to explain this better) but it pretty much means letters dont appear/backspace doesnt work.

Edited by Camogie

I hate the scrolling sigs. You should make it an option that we can have enabled or disabled. I would definitely prefer to be able to view the full sigs.

its not imps unless half the thread is everyones sig

now on topic, i was wondering when you were going to upgrade the ipb software

Edited by NekrosKoma

now on topic, i was wondering when you were going to upgrade the ipb software

....This *is* the IPB software update.

....This *is* the IPB software update.

past tense, though i could have been a bit more clear

though are we getting minorly upgraded banner or a complete overhaul of the the banner?

now i am reminded how much i miss the imp girls 1.0 design

It means that the plan is to switch away from this skin (the default IPB3 skin) and to one more fitting for IV :)

When Forum admins say this, they really mean they've got a mod with different color gradients XD

past tense, though i could have been a bit more clear

though are we getting minorly upgraded banner or a complete overhaul of the the banner?

now i am reminded how much i miss the imp girls 1.0 design

We're actually already starting to look into skins. First priority is a new banner image, and then we'll either be using other premade skins, or custom made ones by ourselves. It depends on how we feel, and how it all goes. But be patient! ;)

You guys should make a contest of it, provide the community with the style sheets and base images and let us come up with our own skins and the best gets to be a skin :P . Keep in mind i said "a" skin rather then "the" skin :P

When Forum admins say this, they really mean they've got a mod with different color gradients XD

http://webdevrefinery.com/forums -- my other IPB3 forum. Bit more than a color change there ;-). That format would never work for imps, but I'd like to do more than change colors.

Hmm, nice looking site. Will take some getting used to, of course, but what doesn't?

...just glad that I somehow never forget my Imps user/pass, even though I never use them...

this board looks too serious for a cartoony game like dofus :P

I couldn't put my first impression into words, but this, totally :lol:

I'm also glad I disable all avatars and signatures that I don't need to worry about any signature issues :D

The ignore user function works really nice in the new board, very subtle... it's very easy to not even notice the posts were there now.

Thanks for the work Kyek and co.!

The mobile version (I'm using an iPod touch), seems very convenient, I just need to get used to it.

Things that now work (or at least should):

• Rep feature! You can only plus rep somebody, and you can't rep yourself. There are currently only three reputation "ranks", I'll probably add more later this week.
  • Reports. You can even report a member from their profile, or report a PM.
  • Notifications should all be smoothed out now, the previous bumps were probably because of it being new.
  • We've set up some extra security measures again, as there was a massive influx of spam accounts.

Things we're working on currently:

• New logo, and new skins. We have people working on both, so a little bit of patience would be great.
  • Cleaning up. This is mostly backend stuff, but there's a lot of tidying up to do after the old Guild Forums mod. Once we've got all that out of the way, it'll be easier to think about any forum rearranging we might want to do.
  • Broken images. All the images before were hosted on a mixture of Kyek's site, Imps, and even elsewhere. Which is why some images are fixed whilst others are broken.
  • The different post counts between profile and post. This may be unfixable however. The HTML is being particularly stubborn.

There are quite a few other bits and pieces for us to do, but we're getting there!

EDIT: WE NOW HAVE A LOGO THANKS TO GARNE!

4 people like this

just unbelievable.. grat work *thumbs up*

I'm 2 legit 2 kwit.

2 people like this

Dude...

Where's my tag?

3 people like this

I'm lovin the change :D Nice work!

Dude...

Where's my tag?

If Kyek doesn't beat me to it by reuploading, I should be able to manually fix the tags in an hour or so's time.

Its looking good so far guys! :) Keep up the good work, I can not wait to see whats coming next. :)

Very very nice!!!

i love the new update <3

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0