• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ala

[Guide] [2017] How to edit the Dofus Wiki

32 posts in this topic

This is a very nicely written beginner's guide!

I'd like to start editing pages to properly add information about a couple of monsters (namely the mobs in enurado). Does anyone know an easy way to give a picture of a monster a nice white background like most of the mobs in the wiki already have? Is it something that requires photoshop? I'm techno-illiterate.

Bump! Still trying to figure out how to neatly turn a picture like this:

5qfKyxC.png

Into something like this with a nice, white, clear background:

9YSCFeu.png

I'm really, really shit at editing so any help would be appreciated. Also, is there any link to a guide that explains some more complicated procedures (like creating a whole page from scratch instead of copying and pasting) that explains it as well as this guide does? There's a lot I'd like to add/fix in the wiki.

Bump! Still trying to figure out how to neatly turn a picture like this:

5qfKyxC.png

Into something like this with a nice, white, clear background:

9YSCFeu.png

I'm really, really shit at editing so any help would be appreciated. Also, is there any link to a guide that explains some more complicated procedures (like creating a whole page from scratch instead of copying and pasting) that explains it as well as this guide does? There's a lot I'd like to add/fix in the wiki.

I assume the nice ones are straight from the dofus files.

I assume the nice ones are straight from the dofus files.

You're right, the Dofus.com bestiary has the photos neatly edited with no background. Well that solves that!

Hey there,

just wanted to post (and also say that I enjoyed doing it) that I've made my first two edits on the Wiki.

Fixed the amounts here and changed the category design/layout to make it look similar to the one which is in the Farmer's Guide (first link). Also, fixed those values aswell.

The values I've fixed should now be correct as many people had used those amounts to get to 100 (my service).

I think that editing the Wiki was a pleasant experience for me and I'm looking forward for more content to update/create/etc.

Jacuzzi

I'll go ahead and bump this up.

I made a live stream solely based on working on Dofus Wikia pages and updating outdated content in general. I have decided to upload my live stream on YouTube because I think it may help people out when it comes to editing wiki pages. It isn't "too hard" to edit the simple stuff (aka the stuff shown on my video) and if you really want to give wiki editing a try then go for it and don't worry too much if you mess a page up because it can always get reverted back to it's original state by an admin later on.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy this 1 and a half hour video of me editing ( basically doing the same shit over and over again) and find it somewhat useful.

PS: If you're new then use the Visual code as it's a lot more easier to use than the Source code.

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation
1 person likes this

@Gravestorm has kindly updated the opening post, making this thread up to date. This is the correct thread for help regarding Wiki edits.

2 people like this