• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Naso

League of Legends

10195 posts in this topic

Swain is my far my favourite caster, and I'm glad that we're seeing buffs. I think he was actually balanced/strong in lane, he's just easily countered in fights by any sort of healing debuff and focus fire. His trading is ridiculous post-6. You can easily do more than half of your lane opponents HP if you just W-E-Q-Ignite.

Started trying to play this game again (for like the 5th time) with Jello. I got the game winning kill and ended the match at 1/22/3. I am proud of myself and I obviously can use 0 improvement because I beat the game.

What he's trying to say is that he carried me really hard.

He'll still be shit. /end

Been fighting a lot of intermediate bots lately... Damn things are fun. Actually a challenge some games because they all have gold hacks and have fully stacked items by level 15 and gank like pros :D

/loving Varus. Early game poke is so effective since most people I fight can't tell when I'm charging my arrow up

I decided that I was tired of support/AP carrying... So I started jungling... Not sure if the teams I've been facing thus far are just horrible or I'm actually good at this.

Quadra-Kill with Katarina. Messed up with Fraps' settings so it has some black bars there.

LMUFg.png

I like how people are getting their ass whooped and when you ask them to go stop someone from destroying a lane they tell you to shut the fuck up.

Edited by Serious

I decided that I was tired of support/AP carrying... So I started jungling... Not sure if the teams I've been facing thus far are just horrible or I'm actually good at this.

win 10 games in a row = you're good at this for your bracket.

Usually that's the case for any champions that I pick up. Normal premades, of course. I wasn't crazy enough to use a random champ in ranked.

I like how people are getting their ass whooped and when you ask them to go stop someone from destroying a lane they well you to shut the fuck up.

Did you accidentally a word...? o_o

Warwick:

If you're doing Wit's End and EITHER Wriggles (Jungle, or enemies are AD) OR Bloodrazor (Enemies are building HP) you can pretty much just buy whatever you want after that. I personally like getting tanky stuff for the last three slots, but AS or CDR can work too. I think one Bloodthirster is plenty, though. Ionic Spark is a good pick I think. I love anything with on-hit effects for Warwick, because of his Ult. You might like to simply get as many On-Hit items as you can, which is perfectly viable for Warwick, he's one of the best champs for those items.

Other possibilities:

Malady

Black Cleaver

Frozen Mallet

Executioner's Calling

Consider Mercs instead of Berserker's, if you need the mres or tenacity. This ties in with the tankier sort of build I mentioned.

I like, as core:

Mercs, Wriggle's, Wit's End

Tanky:

Spirit Visage, Banshee's OR Randuin's OR Frozen Heart, Frozen Mallet

Damage:

Ionic Spark, Bloodthirster, Bloodrazor (enemies have high HP) OR Executioner's Calling (Enemies have Healing)

Also, Fratmogs works just fine on Warwick.

Edited by Sljm

Did you accidentally a word...? o_o

The tell was a well D:

Not gonna lie I think tanky shit with cdr is better on WW than building offensive shit except for wits end, it's a must have!

Warwick:

If you're doing Wit's End and EITHER Wriggles (Jungle, or enemies are AD) OR Bloodrazor (Enemies are building HP) you can pretty much just buy whatever you want after that. I personally like getting tanky stuff for the last three slots, but AS or CDR can work too. I think one Bloodthirster is plenty, though. Ionic Spark is a good pick I think. I love anything with on-hit effects for Warwick, because of his Ult. You might like to simply get as many On-Hit items as you can, which is perfectly viable for Warwick, he's one of the best champs for those items.

Other possibilities:

Malady

Black Cleaver

Frozen Mallet

Executioner's Calling

Consider Mercs instead of Berserker's, if you need the mres or tenacity. This ties in with the tankier sort of build I mentioned.

I like, as core:

Mercs, Wriggle's, Wit's End

Tanky:

Spirit Visage, Banshee's OR Randuin's OR Frozen Heart, Frozen Mallet

Damage:

Ionic Spark, Bloodthirster, Bloodrazor (enemies have high HP) OR Executioner's Calling (Enemies have Healing)

Also, Fratmogs works just fine on Warwick.

Malady....NOPE. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. EVER. BT is just for lulz tbh, and wriggle's is completely unnecessary.

Single/double gp10 (Philo + HoG), tank boots, Wit's end is pretty much the only damage item you need. After that build into Frozen Heart, CDR is king for ww. If you didn't get a philo into shurelyas, then I'd recommend getting CDR boots unless they have ubar cc....major magic resist item if you went cdr boots, normally FoN sometimes Banshee's sometimes QSS (EDIT: Oh, and also sometimes spirit visage). Frozen mallet is good on him as well

Edited by Funkyarrows

I always got the bloodrazor and wits end because I thought both items would stack extra damage on Warwick's ult. Like with the blood razor & warwicks ult against someone with 3k health, it would do an extra 480 damage due to 4 strikes? Or am I wrong on that point?

I read on some guide to never build warwick tanky, build him for damage/jungling and quick deadly ganks. Idk. I'm still a noob

You're right but warwick is not a damager dealer or rather not someone that needs to ultilize for damage.. You're far better off building tanky and getting CDR and you'll turn into an amazing unkillable initiating beast that with CDR will still be dealing significant damage with the Q and a wits end.. Builiding offensive just isn't what warwick is meant to bring to a team, that's what your AD and AP are doing whilst you stand there, tank shit in the face and single someone out for focusing.

Kurt I miss your sexy voice...unsure.gif

1 person likes this

Alright. I'm trying to get really REALLY good at playing Varus to carry my team, since every team I get put with is full of downs patients... So I need some advice :P I was trying out new things and realized that stacking/exploding blight stacks is extremely effective in early laning, especially when I take over mid so I start off my spells like.... Q, W, E, Q, R, W, W, Q, W, R, Q, W and then finish off leveling his hail of arrows last, as I really only use it for a short slow and to explode the blight stacks. Is this a good strategy for higher level matches? I'm fighting level 20-23s right now and it seems to work pretty well, except Twisted Fate keeps kicking my ass with his stun/tri card throw.

For gear I start with...

Boots of speed to start, then I don't B until I have around 990 gold to get Berzerkers + a dagger for quicker blight stacking. From there I either pick up a zeal & another dagger if I'm dominating lane or save up for a BF and go for a black cleaver early so the people who might help gank the enemy champs in my lane can quickly kill them. Either way the first two real items I get (more often than not) are Black Cleaver & Phantom Dancer. Then I buy a vampiric sceptor and start building an Infinity Edge, when I finish that I go for the Blood Thirster. Final item, if the game lasts that long, is usually another blood thirster, unless the other team is targeting me hard & I go for a frozen mallet.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Basically I want maximum damage/attack speed to quickly stack blight and blow them up, because it just tears ass through tanks & baron. 3 stacks on a 4,000 health enemy would do 600 true damage upon explosion + whatever spell I hit them with if I understand the spell correctly. And with the double thirster, on a crit @ lvl 18 I heal back around 600 health per second. Works pretty well if I don't get stunned.

I would rush Infinity Edge first. Most games won't last long enough for you to build an entire Black Cleaver and then an entire Infinity Edge, in most situations you'll only be able to have one. Infinity Edge is more useful than Black Cleaver.

Black Cleaver itself isn't all that great. The on-hit effect and the little boost of attack speed and damage isn't the best bang for your buck at that stage in the game (you won't be able to just sit around stacking the on-hit long enough for it to have a major impact on your damage in teamfights). I would personally skip it and do IE -> Phantom Dancer (or Bloodthirster, that depends on the circumstances).

Black Cleaver also doesn't have an effect on Baron or Dragon, where you *would* be sitting around autoattacking.

Edited by Kiba

Well with the black cleaver my mentality was... I'm going to rush and stack 3 blight stacks while I'm laning on the same person ofc. So now they have 45 reduced armor for when I Q them to blow the stacks, dealing even more damage and hopefully their either die or are low enough to where I can just R and kill quick.

Idk... Maybe I'll try building IE right after boots then phantoms. Couldn't hurt to try, eh! Thanks :)

The stacks pop as magic damage, so BC doesnt really help there, though it is a pretty good item as assuming you use armour pen runes/masteries they need 198 armour before LW is better than BC, thats taking into account the time taken to reach max stacks and the bonus AS, found the math on the forums a while back, so can't say its 100% true. Though like everyone else said, rushing the IE or BT on the AD carry is almost always the best idea as your damage output goes exponentially up, and you tend to start bagging kills easily from that point on.

I'd start boots 3 pots -> 1 or 2 Dorans blades -> IE -> PD -> LW. That's like a standard build but you can change parts like getting an early vamp sceptre for sustain or getting a LW after zeal instead of finishing your PD if they have a lot of armor on their team.

Well my last game I knew something was off... They were just a little too good. Happened to find out afterwards that the Draven was level 30 (no wonder he was raping me in lane!). Didn't help that Darius was feeding him like a complete tard. Think he was 2-10 by the 20 minute mark >_> Pulled myself together with a few quick ganks on mid/top cancelled a few streaks and started going on a rampage! *flex* I'm still pretty confused and amazed at how much damage Draven did by the end of the fight. Even in fake games where I've killed 49 champs and slained 300+ minions, I've never racked up over 350,000 damage. This Draven had nearly 500,000 damage dealt? WTF!

Tried listening to Kiba. No Black Cleaver. Started with Zerker boots, got Zeal asap (varus is slow as hell...), then I got the BF + vamp sceptor. finished IE, finished Phantoms and then the BT. Last whisper then I got a mallet b/c they were all AD whores and I needed some health. Worked out pretty amazingly :) I think next time I'm going to try Trinity Force as a last item next time I'm in a marathon game. The second passive intrigues me.

Epicvarusgame.jpg

Also.... PENTAKILL!! My first ever. I was excited and the other team was furious :P

gj, thats the first time i've seen a draven go positive. Totally destroyed one in lane earlier with teemo, and tried him myself, i just find that juggling axes slows down your AS once you get over 1-1.2, and also made me forget to pay attention to how much damage i was taking a couple of times and led to dumb deaths. I don't see him giving graves/trist/varus any trouble in ranked games personally. Though i think his playstyle may swap away from the AD carry he LOOKS like, to a more tanky variable.

I think he needs a bit of time, he's somewhat difficult to play effectively but is potentially quite strong. He actually trades fairly well the weakness is the lack of range.