• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Naso

League of Legends

10194 posts in this topic

Hey guys, naso here, I was just wondering if you guys have heard of the game League of Legends by Riot. It is a free game from some of the developers of the massive hit DotA on the war craft 3 engine.

It's pretty much the best free game that you will ever play, if you would like to know what this game is about just check out there website at www.leagueoflegends.com and check out the New users guide also for a quick heads up new_user_guide

You can watch a game play stream/video here, although it's pretty boring if you don't know whats going on, but ya never know!
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/League%20of%20Legends

Have fun see you in game!

Edited by Naso

I don't have the game (because i have a mac :)) but i have played it at a friends house and I just have to say it is incredibly good.

but as a DotA fan there are a few things that i don't really like about the game but the graphics are great, the gameplay as fun, i like the whole leveling system, the default character switching and the types and amounts of heroes :)

The items are also really good but it takes a while to find the perfect combination of hero and items >.>

Although there are a few things that i miss, the fact that you cant deny, and that 3/4 of the people on the servers dont know how to play >.>

they just spam auto atk o.o

pretty annoying but altogether it is a great game :)

(especially considering its free)

I don't have the game (because i have a mac :)) but i have played it at a friends house and I just have to say it is incredibly good.

but as a DotA fan there are a few things that i don't really like about the game but the graphics are great, the gameplay as fun, i like the whole leveling system, the default character switching and the types and amounts of heroes :)

The items are also really good but it takes a while to find the perfect combination of hero and items >.>

Although there are a few things that i miss, the fact that you cant deny, and that 3/4 of the people on the servers dont know how to play >.>

they just spam auto atk o.o

pretty annoying but altogether it is a great game :)

(especially considering its free)

There is a mac version available. However it's unadvertised as it's still in beta. You can download it here.

League of Legends was built to be more friendly to new players, that's why there's a levelling system put into place and that's why you can't deny creeps and a lot of players are using their auto attacks on minions. It's true that the highest level players only last hit but it takes a long time to get there and it's not the kind of meticulous play that most people are interested in.

I've been playing LoL for a few months now and I'm almost level 30. I Usually play Galio but I've started to play Singed and Gragas more. I usually play with my RL friends though there are a few people from imps that I've played with. My Summoner name is SyrupnBeavers.

There is a mac version available. However it's unadvertised as it's still in beta. You can download it here.

League of Legends was built to be more friendly to new players, that's why there's a levelling system put into place and that's why you can't deny creeps and a lot of players are using their auto attacks on minions. It's true that the highest level players only last hit but it takes a long time to get there and it's not the kind of meticulous play that most people are interested in.

I've been playing LoL for a few months now and I'm almost level 30. I Usually play Galio but I've started to play Singed and Gragas more. I usually play with my RL friends though there are a few people from imps that I've played with. My Summoner name is SyrupnBeavers.

Just to be clear, the mac players can play with the PC ones?

Heh, yeah, I had to uninstall LoL when I played until 4am and didn't read my casebook.

Rating was a bit over 1500, but I think I dropped right before I quit.

Mad fun though...trying to decide whether to install it after exams or just wait until Valve's Dota

Just to be clear, the mac players can play with the PC ones?

Yes.

do i have to download it or anything?

do i have to download it or anything?

Whyever would you think that?

well if i do i have to wait considering my cap is done... no need to be a doos... :)

Since Battle.net is unacceptably laggy for me on university internet (due to IPS monitoring), I'll give this a go. Just hope people are worth playing against.

I wouldn't recommend it, the community is particularly poor and until you're level 20+ whether you win or lose is largely based on luck rather than skill.

Level 17 or something currently, had one nuisane in my team since I got level 17. Other than that the community I find is friendly and the people I've played with/against do know what they're doing.

I typically play Ryze/Mordekaiser, thinking of trying out Sion/Annie. I'm on the European version though :<.

Thanks for the info on that mac client, I'll tell more people about it! And it seems that you like tanks!

There was already a thread 'bout it, but nonetheless LoL is awesome. Too bad my crappy computer cant handle it :o.

That's really strange because I used the forum search to see if anyone had already posted about it and came back with no results ( I searched "League Of Legends" )

Heh, yeah, I had to uninstall LoL when I played until 4am and didn't read my casebook.

Rating was a bit over 1500, but I think I dropped right before I quit.

Mad fun though...trying to decide whether to install it after exams or just wait until Valve's Dota

I don't know about valve's Dota 2, they said it's going to be full retail, and that is going to be a challenge to brake Riots free style.

Edited by Naso

True enough...I for one refuse to pay for shit like this :o.

Argh, all you talking about it makes me want to play it.

Oh well, add FruitJuice if you guys want to grab some games later on, after exams are done taking unlawful carnal knowledge of me.

Also, for those who are new, once you get to the try-hards in ranked games, you get a ton more obnoxious people. It started getting better at the 1400+ ELO levels, but there were still tons of asshts.

thinking of trying out Sion/Annie. I'm on the European version though :<.

Annie is a monster. I use her whenever I actually play. With the correct item buffs, and hitting the AoE stun with Tibbers, she can generally turn the tide in a frontal assault from the opposing team. Plus, her spell that returns magic if it kills the enemy, makes her a great minion farmer early in the game.

Annie is a monster. I use her whenever I actually play. With the correct item buffs, and hitting the AoE stun with Tibbers, she can generally turn the tide in a frontal assault from the opposing team. Plus, her spell that returns magic if it kills the enemy, makes her a great minion farmer early in the game.

Super agree. Especially if you are good with Ryze; Annie is like Ryze plus, although requiring a bit more skill to use.

I used to alternate between all the chars (except for Eve, lol). Favorites were probably Kayle, Shen, Veigar, Ali, Pirate, Nasus, Blitz, Ashe, in that order.

Have they nerfed Manamune yet? I remember right before I quit, there were a ton of Manamune MisFortunes destroying in team fights.

My real life friends got me into this game, and it is amazing. I started off playing as Garen, and I love him. I bought Eve, (Yeah,I know,shoot me. :o), quickly found out how horrible she was, and have now started to play Kassadin. I don't play as much now, because I'm back into Dofus, but I'm around lvl 23(Not sure,haven't logged on in a few days)and my Summoner name is Obae. One of the few drawbacks to this game is getting stuck with people who do things like;feed, turret dive at early levels, farm off of minions rather than help in group fights, and just generally fuck up the match for your team.

My real life friends got me into this game, and it is amazing. I started off playing as Garen, and I love him. I bought Eve, (Yeah,I know,shoot me. :o), quickly found out how horrible she was, and have now started to play Kassadin. I don't play as much now, because I'm back into Dofus, but I'm around lvl 23(Not sure,haven't logged on in a few days)and my Summoner name is Obae. One of the few drawbacks to this game is getting stuck with people who do things like;feed, turret dive at early levels, farm off of minions rather than help in group fights, and just generally fuck up the match for your team.

Yeah, garen in my own opinion is the easiest most op character in the game. Eve can be tricky, but she is not a bad champion. Kassadin is fun, i have seen some people own with him(but then again i have also seen people own with just about every champion.)

I personally play mages, Anivia the most, love her!

Have they nerfed Manamune yet? I remember right before I quit, there were a ton of Manamune MisFortunes destroying in team fights.

They nerfed Miss Fortune.

They nerfed Miss Fortune.

Nice...also I reinstalled it and played 2 games with Lux.

Dammit, I need to study for exams. And find a job. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Played it for a while now and usually find it pretty fun. The main problem I have with the game is the community, it's horrible. Constantly insulting each other over simple things, complaining about 'kill stealing', expecting everyone else to buy wards/pots but never doing it themselves, insulting everyone else because they didn't pick a tank when they didn't pick one themselves and generally being immature. Maybe it's because I don't play ranked (although I've heard in low end ranked games it's just as bad if not worse) but it's very off-putting, there's been times I've wanted to play but just can't be bothered because 9 times out of 10 the match is ruined by someone else.

Edited by adam17140

You know, if we have enough people, we should put together an imps game. I am down to do so in a couple of days or so, just for some normal games. That way, we don't have to deal with asshats.

Again, my ign is FruitJuice. Add me and we can organize.

I downloaded the Mac client and everything, but it's not letting me log in with the account names and passwords I've just registered. It claims the accounts do not exist, or the passwords don't match. Is Mac version a closed beta or something?

Played it for a while now and usually find it pretty fun. The main problem I have with the game is the community, it's horrible. Constantly insulting each other over simple things, complaining about 'kill stealing', expecting everyone else to buy wards/pots but never doing it themselves, insulting everyone else because they didn't pick a tank when they didn't pick one themselves and generally being immature. Maybe it's because I don't play ranked (although I've heard in low end ranked games it's just as bad if not worse) but it's very off-putting, there's been times I've wanted to play but just can't be bothered because 9 times out of 10 the match is ruined by someone else.

This is why I started playing tanks and coincidentally now I'm absolutely god awful at any other type of character. When people complain about kill stealing I try harder to kill who they're aiming at. It usually works out pretty well for me since I either get the kill or I get lots of money for the assist.

I downloaded the Mac client and everything, but it's not letting me log in with the account names and passwords I've just registered. It claims the accounts do not exist, or the passwords don't match. Is Mac version a closed beta or something?

I don't believe so. I never received an invite, just downloaded it and logged in.